THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Fans

Zombo

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two NFL teams in Ohio...

1 has NFL titles ... Four of them

1 has history and heritage, in a part of the state - rich in the sport of football

1 has true colors and uniform

1 has a multi-generational LOYAL fan base that is as DIE HARD second to none !

The other... Has ZERO of these things

Bermeck (insert 'who made who' , by ACDC)

Two NFL teams in Ohio...

1 has NFL titles ... Four of them

1 has history and heritage, in a part of the state - rich in the sport of football

1 has true colors and uniform

1 has a multi-generational LOYAL fan base that is as DIE HARD second to none !

The other... Has ZERO of these things

Bermeck (insert 'who made who' , by ACDC)

I know, it's 8 league championships in total, but 4 NFL... whatever , it's more than ZERO

Clevelanders always point to something they haven't got and pretend the lack of a plan or design is proof of their brilliance, not of their cultural poverty.

As if an empty wallet and a losing record is proof of nobility.

impressive reading comprehension. in this very thread i stated my location as other than Ohio and pointed to something we do have here.

ur pathetic and boring. adios.

feel free to have the last word.

All twerking aside,,,Cincitucky fans are some of the most clueless, and most actually love Marvin Lewis, who is the most ignorant and overrated coach in football. Also...Everytime I see MNF ...I notice all of the cinci fans have that scary,glazed far away look in theyre eyes that actually makes My skin crawl...

The Bengals and the new Jags. Just so fucking hideous. Besides having WAY too much going on, kind of randomly, the Bengals uniforms don't even make sense: white, meet... uh... whatever that hits there at the waist. Movin' on.

I just don't love black and orange. It's an odd combo. Brown and orange is the color of autumn. And a really bad shit.

Well, Bengal fans think those striped unis are way cool. However- as Doug Dieken said- "those helmets look like a weird bowling ball."

Now you've gone too far.

The Browns have a paint chip for a logo.

The Browns have a football helmet as their logo. They don't want a helmet logo because every other team has a helmet logo and the Browns don't want to be like every other team

The Browns have no cheerleaders because none of the local girls could keep their dicks from showing during high kicks.

The Browns have no cheerleaders because no one wants them and every other team has them and the Browns don't want to be like every other team.

The Browns history didn't officially move to Baltimore. It was actually discarded somewhere along the way.

If you really want to get into an actual discussion of the facts there, I will be glad to oblige. But I doubt you want to hear the facts.

Art Modell, and now his ghost, each have a Super Bowl ring.

Actually, both of those rings belong to Steven Bisciotti....who was the equitable owner of the Ravens even during their first SB win.

If not for Bisciotti bailing Modell out (under direction of the NFL) Modell's team would have gone bankrupt....even after taking the 75 million from Baltimore.

BTW, much like the Cleveland Browns themselves this messageboard has horriblly generic smilies.....'cept this one that looks a little bit like a legless Brownie fan laying on his back while flashing his lady parts. --> :excl:

Wow, all these years and no one ever whined that we needed more smiley faces until these Bungle ladies show up.

I think we will create a new one using this picture of UmaDouche from three years ago:

bengals.jpg

Wanna have some real fun? What's a Bengal anyway?

It's a Tiger.

More specifically, a Bengal tiger.

Panthera tigris tigris.

And I mean, I don't like to brag, but c'mon now......that's twice the tigris of a common Tiger.

Thus, it's twice the badass.

(burp)

So now that I've answered your challenge by telling you what a Bengal is.....(Double Badass).....one of you pinheads must tell me more of your beloved paint chip.

What is a brown?

It's a Tiger.

Panthera tigris tigris.

And I mean, I don't like to brag, but c'mon now......that's twice the tigris of a common Tiger.

(burp)

So now that I've answered your challenge by telling you what a Bengal is.....(Double Badass).....one of you pinheads must tell me more of your beloved paint chip.

What is a brown?

Again, you try to be flippant, but you will actually learn a history lesson.

There are actually 2 theories about how the Browns got their name. Originally the Cleveland AAFC team was suggested to be called The Panthers I believe. But Paul Brown wanted no part of that name because an earlier Cleveland Panther team in one of the early AFL versions, was a bad team, so he didn't want that name.

Then someone, perhaps Mickey McBride, suggested that the name be called The Browns. (if you know your sports history you would know that there was actually a team called the St. Louis Browns in major league baseball. It was called that for over 50 years until it moved and today is known as The Baltimore Orioles). But McBride suggested that the name be in honor of Paul Brown himself. But PB said "no, I don't want that". So, instead, McBride said "let's name them The Browns in honor of Joe Louis, the "Brown Bomber", the heavyweight champion at the time. So PB said "sure, I can live with that". But of course he said it with a wink. He was egotistical enough to want the team have his name, but he just didn't want to be so crass as to admit it.

So, basically, you can say the Browns are named after Joe Louis.....or after Paul Brown, whichever theory you want to buy.

However, there is an issue with the Joe Louis theory....that issue is similar to what is going on with the controversy over the Redskins name....that being that if the Browns are to be named in honor of Joe Louis, "the Brown Bomber", you are essentially saying that they are the "Cleveland Negroes" or the Cleveland African-Americans...or worse. Joe Louis was the Brown Bomber because his skin color was brown.

People don't bring that fact up, or make a big deal of it, but, there it is.

It's a Tiger.

Panthera tigris tigris.

(burp)

What is a brown?

No, it would be a bengal tiger then. Or Bengal Tigers. To get plural and use Bengals, that is the domestic pussy cat. According to Webster anyway

No, it would be a bengal tiger then. Or Bengal Tigers. To get plural and use Bengals, that is the domestic pussy cat. According to Webster anyway

Too bad you vanm't comprehend the English Language. Your question was already answered dumbass. And I never ever saw a "paint chip" . There is no logo or mascot or even a chip of paint. Just helmet color

Again, you try to be flippant, but you will actually learn a history lesson.

Wonderful. I'm usually the one giving the lesson and it can be tiring.

Originally the Cleveland AAFC team was suggested to be called The Panthers I believe.

So if we go back to the very origins of the Browns we find Paul Brown's inner feline soul.

More specifically, a panther. And as we've just established a Bengal Tiger is panthera tigris tigris.

But Paul Brown wanted no part of that name because an earlier Cleveland Panther team in one of the early AFL versions, was a bad team, so he didn't want that name.

Years later Paul Brown used a helmet design so radical and innovative it immediately made all other feline logos obsolete, and made the image of the Cincinati Bengals brand and logo instantly recognizable, which is exactly what is intended.

By comparison, the Cleveland Browns logo is oft described as a color that may or may not represent a name.

More specifically, the name of the man who founded the Cincinnati Bengals.

And now comes the history lesson.

You've got Bengal in your name. You've got Bengal in your team colors.

You've got a panther at your deepest core.

Yet the one thing that defines you is what you no longer have.

Paul Brown is a Bengal.

So if we go back to the very origins of the Browns we find Paul Brown's inner feline soul.

More specifically, a panther. And as we've just established a Bengal Tiger is panthera tigris tigris.

Hello! McFly! He rejected the panther. But, yes, his inner feline soul is The Massillon Tiger.

I think it is fair to say that the Bengals name is an homage to his hometown team.

Though, he claims that he took the name because a prior AFL team had that name.

Years later Paul Brown used a helmet design so radical and innovative it immediately made all other feline logos obsolete, and made the image of the Cincinati Bengals brand and logo instantly recognizable, which is exactly what is intended.

By comparison, the Cleveland Browns logo is oft described as a color that may or may not represent a name.

Yes, his afterthought franchise. He gave on franchise his name. Another a name that is kinda like his high school team's name, but not quite, but which was simply a duplicate of a named used by previous teams in that town.

Paul Brown is a Bengal.

A Massillon Tiger.

Paul Brown is a Bengal.

To be fair both Ohio teams share Paul Brown's heritage. And if it weren't for that douchebag Modell firing Paul Brown, there may have never been a team called the Cincinnati Bengals!

A friend of mine lives in Hamilton, Ohio. If you ask him where that is, he says near Dayton. Even though it much closer to cincitucky. He doesn't like to admit he lives near cincy

A friend of mine lives in Hamilton, Ohio. If you ask him where that is, he says near Dayton. Even though it much closer to cincitucky. He doesn't like to admit he lives near cincy

I'm about a 5 min drive from Hamilton, and it does have the proud nickname of "Hamiltucky". Aside from a sporadic few areas, that place is a fucking ghetto wasteland.

Archived