THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Fans

Zombo

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... that Cinci Board is really boring...

And they have the worst homer announcer in the NFL in Dave Lapham. He shouldn't be announcing- he need to do the choreographing for the Bungle Cheerleaders. Come on, fumble! Make a stop!! We really need an interception!!

And they have the worst homer announcer in the NFL in Dave Lapham. He shouldn't be announcing- he need to do the choreographing for the Bungle Cheerleaders. Come on, fumble! Make a stop!! We really need an interception!!

He announces for our team, why wouldn't he be a homer?

It isn't like having Dan Dierdorf verbally blow the Ravens all day long like he did last week lol.

Good luck Brownies, I like our chances at home, but if we aren't good enough to win the division, then I'd rather see you guys take it than those other assholes in the division.

Edit: Oh classic. Thanks for the name change.

He announces for our team, why wouldn't he be a homer?

It isn't like having Dan Dierdorf verbally blow the Ravens all day long like he did last week lol.

Good luck Brownies, I like our chances at home, but if we aren't good enough to win the division, then I'd rather see you guys take it than those other assholes in the division.

Edit: Oh classic. Thanks for the name change.

If you're the "expert analyst" as Lapham is supposed to be- you're to be 1\2 objective, not a damn cheerleader. The play by play guy can be the cheerleader. You're not being objective if you think Dierdorf was favoring the Ravens. Probably never heard some objective radio play by play.

If you're the "expert analyst" as Lapham is supposed to be- you're to be 1\2 objective, not a damn cheerleader. The play by play guy can be the cheerleader. You're not being objective if you think Dierdorf was favoring the Ravens. Probably never heard some objective radio play by play.

Dan Dierdorf is one of the worst announcers ever.

Dave Lapham doesn't do it on a national level, so you can't really compare the two.

Anyway, I don't listen to the radio usually. I watch it on TV.

Dan Dierdorf is one of the worst announcers ever.

Dave Lapham doesn't do it on a national level, so you can't really compare the two.

Anyway, I don't listen to the radio usually. I watch it on TV.

Lapham is the worst homer ever. Enjoy the win, now get lost.

Let's just remember how badly the squeelers played years ago, when the Browns

clobbered them 51-0.

It happens once in a while. I think the Browns were sky high emotionally (except for Campbell...), and things

started happening that weren't good..

Oh hey look your back! Awesome.

Missed you guys earlier this year, figures you'd come back. Look at the stats, cincy didnt even need an offense. Goofy plays happened for Cincy at the right time. They are lucky this year. A bizzare game, Cleveland didnt get outplayed by any means.

Good luck winning any games when that redhead has to actually be on the field.

How is it BS when you get outplayed? Its not like the refs blocked those punts or forced those turnovers.

He is speaking in terms of just the straight play between the offense and the defense. As noted, the Browns "won" the battle of statistics.....except those that led to the difference in the game, the turnovers and punt blocks.

Of course, probably like 50% of NFL games are decided by the mistake factor, including, obviously, this one.

Oh hey look your back! Awesome.

Missed you guys earlier this year, figures you'd come back. Look at the stats, cincy didnt even need an offense. Goofy plays happened for Cincy at the right time. They are lucky this year. A bizzare game, Cleveland didnt get outplayed by any means.

Good luck winning any games when that redhead has to actually be on the field.

The stats don't mean shit. The only stat that does is Bengals 41-20 Browns. The Bengals made big plays at crucial times and the Browns fell apart. Simple as that. And he has been on the field in 11 out of 11 games this season, and has won 7, so that seems like some flawed logic. Maybe you're talking about the Jets game when he was pulled early after throwing for 300 yards and 5 TDs? I guess he was off the field then.

He is speaking in terms of just the straight play between the offense and the defense. As noted, the Browns "won" the battle of statistics.....except those that led to the difference in the game, the turnovers and punt blocks.

Of course, probably like 50% of NFL games are decided by the mistake factor, including, obviously, this one.

The Browns won the meaningless statistical battle because of garbage time yardage and the Bengals working on short fields all day. You don't need a lot of yardage when the defense/special teams scores points and takes over on the opponents own side. But if you really want to hang your hat on having more yardage while getting blown out, by all means go for it.

Enjoy losing in the playoffs. Not a chance Dalton leads team to SB.

If he plays like he did last month then they have just as good a chance as anybody. And either way, making the playoffs is better than sitting at home like the Browns.

Honestly didn't even come here to gloat, just to talk about the game. But if you guys really want to act like the Bengals didn't just whoop the Browns ass I'm more than happy to just talk shit.

The stats don't mean shit. The only stat that does is Bengals 41-20 Browns. The Bengals made big plays at crucial times and the Browns fell apart. Simple as that.

DOH. NO Shit Sherlock.

And he has been on the field in 11 out of 11 games this season, and has won 7, so that seems like some flawed logic. Maybe you're talking about the Jets game when he was pulled early after throwing for 300 yards and 5 TDs? I guess he was off the field then.

The Browns won the meaningless statistical battle because of garbage time yardage and the Bengals working on short fields all day. You don't need a lot of yardage when the defense/special teams scores points and takes over on the opponents own side. But if you really want to hang your hat on having more yardage while getting blown out, by all means go for it.

DOH, NO Shit Sherlock. The Browns shot themselves in the ass and gave you the game. What is it about that that you don't understand?

If he plays like he did last month then they have just as good a chance as anybody. And either way, making the playoffs is better than sitting at home like the Browns.

Honestly didn't even come here to gloat, just to talk about the game. But if you guys really want to act like the Bengals didn't just whoop the Browns ass I'm more than happy to just talk shit.

Well, to be reasonably accurate, the Browns whooped the Browns ass, and the Bengals were the beneficiaries. But any team and any fan base will take that, surely.

The stats don't mean shit. The only stat that does is Bengals 41-20 Browns. The Bengals made big plays at crucial times and the Browns fell apart. Simple as that.

DOH. NO Shit Sherlock.

And he has been on the field in 11 out of 11 games this season, and has won 7, so that seems like some flawed logic. Maybe you're talking about the Jets game when he was pulled early after throwing for 300 yards and 5 TDs? I guess he was off the field then.

DOH, NO Shit Sherlock. The Browns shot themselves in the ass and gave you the game. What is it about that that you don't understand?

Well, to be reasonably accurate, the Browns whooped the Browns ass, and the Bengals were the beneficiaries. But any team and any fan base will take that, surely.

What I don't understand is why you're pointing out statistics and then acknowledging how meaningless they are. And the Bengals made those plays. Dimanche and Williams blew past the blockers and got hands on the ball. Burfict forced that fumble by getting his shoulder placed perfectly and was aware enough to recover and take it back. Johnson continued what he has been doing all year and got his hands on the ball, and Harrison made a great play on the ball. Those weren't just miscues by Cleveland, no matter how much you'd rather not give the Bengals D/ST credit. Another factor was the Browns offense not converting for TDs in the redzone while the Bengals offense did on most of their opportunities. That is a major factor in all football games.

rP3Waxh.jpg

Not sure why you bring up LeBron....after all, the Cavaliers are Cincinnati's team too.

(and as far as I am concerned, the real meaningul championship ring he has is the one that he is not wearing here.....but the one he won for bringing a National Championship to St. Vincent/St. Mary's)

Not sure why you bring up LeBron....after all, the Cavaliers are Cincinnati's team too.

(and as far as I am concerned, the real meaningul championship ring he has is the one that he is not wearing here.....but the one he won for bringing a National Championship to St. Vincent/St. Mary's)

Indianapolis is closer to Cincinnati than Cleveland is. Most people I know around here that follow the NBA are Pacers fans, and take a lot of satisfaction in the giant turd Lebron took on the city of Cleveland.

What I don't understand is why you're pointing out statistics and then acknowledging how meaningless they are. And the Bengals made those plays. Dimanche and Williams blew past the blockers and got hands on the ball. Burfict forced that fumble by getting his shoulder placed perfectly and was aware enough to recover and take it back. Johnson continued what he has been doing all year and got his hands on the ball, and Harrison made a great play on the ball. Those werent just miscues by Cleveland, no matter how much you'd rather not give the Bengals D/ST credi.

That was exactly my point. (no, you are not Sherlock because you could not logically deduce that). My point was that despite dominating in the statistics, it was the turnover statistic....that single statistic that was most critical.

And sure, the Bengals had some role in helping create those TOs, and a couple of them may have occurred because of good play on the defense....but overall it was incompetence and carelessness that was the primary contributor. There were breakdowns in blocking and poor decision making by the Browns that gave the Bengals the opportunities to make those plays.

A team cannot perform well in like 3 areas, yet have one area fail. That causes the whole ship to fail.

Indianapolis is closer to Cincinnati than Cleveland is. Most people I know around here that follow the NBA are Pacers fans, and take a lot of satisfaction in the giant turd Lebron took on the city of Cleveland.

Really, so you guys sniff the Hoosiers buttholes eh?

Next you are going to tell me that people in Cincinnati mostly root for Kentucky instead of Ohio State.

What are you gonna do if LeBron comes back? Which could happen.

Or are you still waiting for the Royals to return?

Edit: What you are saying is that NOW, they are Pacer fans since that teams seems to be doing well....but were probably all Cavs fans when LeBron was here.

I think Hoorta (Dayton native) has it right: Cincitucky fans are the worst sort of fairweather/frontrunners.

That was exactly my point. (no, you are not Sherlock because you could not logically deduce that). My point was that despite dominating in the statistics, it was the turnover statistic....that single statistic that was most critical.

And sure, the Bengals had some role in helping create those TOs, and a couple of them may have occurred because of good play on the defense....but overall it was incompetence and carelessness that was the primary contributor. There were breakdowns in blocking and poor decision making by the Browns that gave the Bengals the opportunities to make those plays.

A team cannot perform well in like 3 areas, yet have one area fail. That causes the whole ship to fail.

The only turnover that I saw that I didn't think was forced was the lobbed up sideline throw from Campbell that Nelson picked off in garbage time. The Bengals took the game away from the Browns in the second quarter. Simple as that. The Browns defense didn't do much to help either. The Bengals had their way with them in the redzone. Could have been a game changer if they held them to a fg on one or two possessions.

Really, so you guys sniff the Hoosiers buttholes eh?

Next you are going to tell me that people in Cincinnati mostly root for Kentucky instead of Ohio State.

What are you gonna do if LeBron comes back? Which could happen.

Or are you still waiting for the Royals to return?

Edit: What you are saying is that NOW, they are Pacer fans....but where probably all Cavs fans when LeBron was here.

I think Hoorta (Dayton native) has it right: Cincitucky fans are the worst sort of fairweather/frontrunners.

Why would we ever root for a Cleveland team? That's ridiculous. I along with any self respecting Cincinnati resident would never root for a Cleveland sports team. And I don't root for either OSU or Kentucky. I don't live in Columbus or Lexington. I live in Cincinnati, and we have the Bearcats to support.

The only turnover that I saw that I didn't think was forced was the lobbed up sideline throw from Campbell that Nelson picked off in garbage time. The Bengals took the game away from the Browns in the second quarter. Simple as that. The Browns defense didn't do much to help either. The Bengals had their way with them in the redzone. Could have been a game changer if they held them to a fg on one or two possessions.

Italicized part is a very fair statement.

Have to disagree on the others, except for the fumble. The ints. were simply Campbell making poor throws or poor decisions.

Italicized part is a very fair statement.

Have to disagree on the others, except for the fumble. The ints. were simply Campbell making poor throws or poor decisions.

Fair enough. Dalton made similar mistakes though, except none of Campbell's were returned for TD's. I'd say the INT's evened out. The big special teams plays and the fumble return were what won the game.

Why would we ever root for a Cleveland team? That's ridiculous. I along with any self respecting Cincinnati resident would never root for a Cleveland sports team. And I don't root for either OSU or Kentucky. I don't live in Columbus or Lexington. I live in Cincinnati, and we have the Bearcats to support.

Well, the same applies: Why would anyone ever root for an Indianapolis team? To paraphrase a famous quote: "You don't live in Indianapolis, you live in Cincinnati".

And what about NHL? Do you all root for the Columbus BlueJackets, or does the same theory apply. You don't root for teams from Columbus?

(and, again....why? If you are going to root for an Indy team?)

As for who Cincy people root for: OSU/KY/Cincinnati U. I think I would like a broader basis of opinion than just yours. I am of the understanding from others that Cincy U is probably sucking third hind tit in that game.

Well, the same applies: Why would anyone ever root for an Indianapolis team? To paraphrase a famous quote: "You don't live in Indianapolis, you live in Cincinnati".

And what about NHL? Do you all root for the Columbus BlueJackets, or does the same theory apply. You don't root for teams from Columbus?

(and, again....why? If you are going to root for an Indy team?)

As for who Cincy people root for: OSU/KY/Cincinnati U. I think I would like a broader basis of opinion than just yours. I am of the understanding from others that Cincy U is probably sucking third hind tit in that game.

Because we don't have an NBA team to follow, yet I enjoy watching professional basketball and they're the closest thing to local. That's the reasoning. I don't follow hockey so I don't have an opinion on that. For the most part, people here root for OSU and UC at the same time. I don't like the whole root for OSU since they're the dominant in state team thing though. I was born and raised as an OSU hating Bearcat fan. There are plenty down here of the same mindset, though most (like in Cleveland) are big OSU homers. UK really only gets the fair weather basketball fans. They're the third wheel for sure.

Archived