THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Fans

Zombo

Because we don't have an NBA team to follow, yet I enjoy watching professional basketball and they're the closest thing to local. That's the reasoning.

Sounds like frontrunnerism to me. They are no more local than anything anywhere. That would be tantamount to we in Cleveland saying that we should root for the Pittsburgh Penguins just because they are the closest thing to local here. (Pitt is closer than Columbus) Fuck a bunch of that.

. I don't follow hockey so I don't have an opinion on that.

Well, I am referring to what most people down there do, not just you.....though it is fair to say that we here in NEO don't follow hockey much either....either Pitt or Cbus.

For the most part, people here root for OSU and UC at the same time. I don't like the whole root for OSU since they're the dominant in state team thing though. I was born and raised as an OSU hating Bearcat fan. There are plenty down here of the same mindset, though most (like in Cleveland) are big OSU homers. UK really only gets the fair weather basketball fans. They're the third wheel for sure.

Well, it is different up here. We only have "smaller" schools, in terms of conference affilation and level, up here, like Kent St., Akron U, Cleveland St.

MAC level schools. So, no Big East like school as in Cinci. So Ohio St. dominates from the national perspective.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we don't have an NBA team to follow, yet I enjoy watching professional basketball and they're the closest thing to local. That's the reasoning.

Sounds like frontrunnerism to me. They are no more local than anything anywhere. That would be tantamount to we in Cleveland saying that we should root for the Pittsburgh Penguins just because they are the closest thing to local here. (Pitt is closer than Columbus) Fuck a bunch of that.

. I don't follow hockey so I don't have an opinion on that.

Well, I am referring to what most people down there do, not just you.....though it is fair to say that we here in NEO don't follow hockey much either....either Pitt or Cbus.

For the most part, people here root for OSU and UC at the same time. I don't like the whole root for OSU since they're the dominant in state team thing though. I was born and raised as an OSU hating Bearcat fan. There are plenty down here of the same mindset, though most (like in Cleveland) are big OSU homers. UK really only gets the fair weather basketball fans. They're the third wheel for sure.

Well, it is different up here. We only have "smaller" schools, in terms of conference affilation and level, up here, like Kent St., Akron U, Cleveland St.

MAC level schools. So, no Big East like school as in Cinci. So Ohio St. dominates from the national perspective.

I have been a Pacers fan since before they were good, which really was only this past year. I don't have a vendetta against Indy like I do against Pitt and Cleveland so that's another part of the reasoning. I just can't root for a team from either of those cities. I'd assume if the indians didn't exist, you all would root for the Tigers. Same concept. But if it did come down to rooting for either a Cleveland team or a Pittsburgh team, I'd go with the Cleveland team ten times out of ten. Fuck Shittsburgh

Cintucky competes in The American Athletic Conference. The Big East football conference is kaput.

I have been a Pacers fan since before they were good, which really was only this past year. I don't have a vendetta against Indy like I do against Pitt and Cleveland so that's another part of the reasoning. I just can't root for a team from either of those cities. I'd assume if the indians didn't exist, you all would root for the Tigers. Same concept. But if it did come down to rooting for either a Cleveland team or a Pittsburgh team, I'd go with the Cleveland team ten times out of ten. Fuck Shittsburgh

Actually, if the Indians weren't here I could likely see myself rooting for The Reds. Definitely. I cannot see anyone here saying they would root for the Tigers or Pirates. No way. The Indians/Tigers rivalry is not quite like anything we see in the football realm, but it is there, trust me.

We went through that analysis some when the Browns were inactive, you know "who are you rooting for while the Browns are sitting out a few years"?

A lot of people said the Green Bay Packers. Town owned traditional team, no greedy fucker for an owner. In my case I had family that were Packer fans. Others used similar analysis going with family preferences.......except, clearly no one said The Ravens/Steelers. A couple may have said the Bengals.

Some, perhaps me included, just like to go with "the underdog", or the team that hadn't done anything forever. Like right now.....since the Browns mucked up their chances most here I think feel they would prefer to see the Bengals win the division, not only because of Steeler/Raven hatred, but because the Bengals have not won anything ever. Like rooting for The Cubs. But, if the Bengals were to win a couple of titles, never fear, we would hate you just as much. :angry:

The stats don't mean shit. The only stat that does is Bengals 41-20 Browns. The Bengals made big plays at crucial times and the Browns fell apart. Simple as that. And he has been on the field in 11 out of 11 games this season, and has won 7, so that seems like some flawed logic. Maybe you're talking about the Jets game when he was pulled early after throwing for 300 yards and 5 TDs? I guess he was off the field then.

The Browns won the meaningless statistical battle because of garbage time yardage and the Bengals working on short fields all day. You don't need a lot of yardage when the defense/special teams scores points and takes over on the opponents own side. But if you really want to hang your hat on having more yardage while getting blown out, by all means go for it.

If he plays like he did last month then they have just as good a chance as anybody. And either way, making the playoffs is better than sitting at home like the Browns.

Honestly didn't even come here to gloat, just to talk about the game. But if you guys really want to act like the Bengals didn't just whoop the Browns ass I'm more than happy to just talk shit.

The Bengals split the series on a super flukey game. You'll never in your life see all that crap happen in one game again. So good for you. However the Bengals are 1-1 against the browns. Not 2-0. Whatever shit talk you have is invalidated by the record. Good game for the Bengals though, and I'm sure it was fun to watch as a cincinnati fan.

The Bengals split the series on a super flukey game. You'll never in your life see all that crap happen in one game again. So good for you. However the Bengals are 1-1 against the browns. Not 2-0. Whatever shit talk you have is invalidated by the record. Good game for the Bengals though, and I'm sure it was fun to watch as a cincinnati fan.

To call a 21 point blowout "flukey" is questionable, but whatever. The only record that matters is the one in the standings. The Bengals are 7-4 and have a commanding hold on first place in the AFCN, Browns 4-6 and tied for last. Still sucks splitting the series with the division's token whipping boy, but it happens sometimes. Good luck with the Steelers.

Tough road ahead for the bungles, hopefully the special teams can put the team on their back and win all of em for ya, cause Dalton isnt going to. Hell just block 14 more punts for touchdowns the rest of the year and u can win just like yesterday!

Dont post here after a win, when you obviously went MIA week 4 just like the rest of your kind when CLE won. Thats weak sauce and the reason we hate cincy fans. No backbone when they lose.

To call a 21 point blowout "flukey" is questionable, but whatever. The only record that matters is the one in the standings. The Bengals are 7-4 and have a commanding hold on first place in the AFCN, Browns 4-6 and tied for last. Still sucks splitting the series with the division's token whipping boy, but it happens sometimes. Good luck with the Steelers.

Pretty funny, Bengals calling Browns division whipping boy. Browns would need to be the division whipping boy for another decade or 2 to match the Bengals reign along those lines.

Tough road ahead for the bungles, hopefully the special teams can put the team on their back and win all of em for ya, cause Dalton isnt going to. Hell just block 14 more punts for touchdowns the rest of the year and u can win just like yesterday!

Dont post here after a win, when you obviously went MIA week 4 just like the rest of your kind when CLE won. Thats weak sauce and the reason we hate cincy fans. No backbone when they lose.

Tough? They get a freebie with MIN @ home, and the 4-6 Chargers and Steelers. They won't lose to the Ravens twice either. Especially with how well the Bengals have done at home. Colts game will be tough, but I'm confident since its at home. Luck doesn't really scare me that much, and you all know how shitty Richardson is. And I could have came and made excuses for losing like you're doing right now, but I figured I'd let you have your moment and let it be. It wasn't all special teams. The Bengals beat the Browns soundly in all three facets of the game.

Pretty funny, Bengals calling Browns division whipping boy. Browns would need to be the division whipping boy for another decade or 2 to match the Bengals reign along those lines.

Ask any Steeler or Raven fan who they consider the whipping boy, because it sure as hell isn't the division leaders who have made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 (soon to be 4 of 5) years. I can't wait for you to tell me how good the Browns were in the pre superbowl and pre AFCN eras to justify your counter argument. Trust me, its very, very relevant.

Tough? They get a freebie with MIN @ home, and the 4-6 Chargers and Steelers. They won't lose to the Ravens twice either. Especially with how well the Bengals have done at home. Colts game will be tough, but I'm confident since its at home. Luck doesn't really scare me that much, and you all know how shitty Richardson is. And I could have came and made excuses for losing like you're doing right now, but I figured I'd let you have your moment and let it be. It wasn't all special teams. The Bengals beat the Browns soundly in all three facets of the game.

One facet, but that was sufficient.

One facet, but that was sufficient.

Really? The Bengals offense scored touchdowns. The Browns scored fieldgoals. The Bengals defense held their ground even when the ball was turned over in the redzone. The Browns defense collapsed. Not sure how you can justify that statement. I know you're going to try and throw out garbage time yardage, so just go ahead and realize that's bullshit before you type it.

No, its true, the Bengals have the biggest cakewalk the rest of the way. Plus they have played one more game than the rest of the teams in the division 11-10.

The combined record of the Bengals opponents the rest of the way is 21-29

(Chargers/Colts/Steelers/Vikings/Ravens)

The combined record of the Browns opponents the rest of the way is 27-32

(Steelers/Jags/Pats/Bears/Jets/Steelers)

The combined record of the Steelers opponents the rest of the way is 29-32

(Browns/Ravens/Dolphins/Bengals/Packers/Browns)

The combined record of the Ravens opponents the rest of the way is 31-29

(Jets/Steelers/Vikings/Lions/Pats/Bengals)

If the Bengals don't win the division with that advantage then someone should be shot. Likely candidate if that occurred: Dalton

Really? The Bengals offense scored touchdowns. The Browns scored fieldgoals. The Bengals defense held their ground even when the ball was turned over in the redzone. The Browns defense collapsed. Not sure how you can justify that statement. I know you're going to try and throw out garbage time yardage, so just go ahead and realize that's bullshit before you type it.

The facet was turnovers. You won the game because you won the turnover battle....You had 6 TOs to 2 for the Browns. Whatever you accomplished offensively and defensively you did so by getting those turnovers. How many FGs did the Bengals attempt? Same number as the Browns. You scored 3 TDs on TOs (I include a blocked punt as a TO). All your scoring opportunities basically were set up by TOs, You had 3 times more chances. Yes, they capitalized on them.

Without the turnover differential you probably don't win.

Anyone that knows football knows this.

Hahaha stay mad buddy. Enjoy the rest of your tenth losing season in eleven years. :P

What we have here in Northeast Ohio are 13 championships. Compared to exactly zero for you-uns.

And in case you can't figure it out, here are the years:

And don't talk about them being old. SW Ohio has almost as much history in football as NE Ohio.and just about as many chances to win titles from the Dayton Triangles to the Cincinnati Celts to the Cincinnati Reds to the Bengals. Hell, we will even throw in Columbus and Portsmouth in your pot.

The facet was turnovers. You won the game because you won the turnover battle....You had 6 TOs to 2 for the Browns. Whatever you accomplished offensively and defensively you did so by getting those turnovers. How many FGs did the Bengals attempt? Same number as the Browns. You scored 3 TDs on TOs (I include a blocked punt as a TO). All your scoring opportunities basically were set up by TOs, You had 3 times more chances. Yes, they capitalized on them.

Without the turnover differential you probably don't win.

Anyone that knows football knows this.

What I am referring to is that the Bengals capitalized on their chances, the browns took field goals. But yes,the Bengals also forced more turnovers and that usually leads to a win.

What we have here in Northeast Ohio are 13 championships. Compared to exactly zero for you-uns.

And in case you can't figure it out, here are the years:

And don't talk about them being old. SW Ohio has almost as much history in football as NE Ohio.and just about as many chances to win titles from the Dayton Triangles to the Cincinnati Celts to the Cincinnati Reds to the Bengals. Hell, we will even throw in Columbus and Portsmouth in your pot.

Only Browns fans care about pre superbowl era titles. Its comical really.

What I am referring to is that the Bengals capitalized on their chances, the browns took field goals. But yes,the Bengals also forced more turnovers and that usually leads to a win.

I think the percentage that each team "capitalized on their chances" was about the same. Its just that the Bengals had so many more chances.

But at least now you are kinda getting a clue.

Only Browns fans care about pre superbowl era titles. Its comical really.

What are you? A Closet Steeler fan? This is a recitation of facts. It has nothing to do with caring. Do you think the first 50 years of the history of Pro Football in this country should be wiped out from memory? If it weren't for that history.....for those pre Super Bowl titles by the Browns your city wouldn't have a fucking team. Several other cities were candidates to get the AFL expansion when the Bengals (and Dolphins) came into existance, including Seattle/Tampa/Phoenix/Indianapolis and maybe a couple of others. It was only the prestige of having Paul Brown in its corner....who won most of those titles, and for whom this team is possibly named..that got Cincinnati a team. (in fact, many wanted him to locate his new team in Columbus, not Cincy...but he had too much regard for Ohio State's tradition and decided to choose Cincy instead)

Don't ever fucking forget that your team is merely the bastard stepchild of the Cleveland Browns.

Archived