THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Fans

Zombo

At least we aren't delusional. Enjoy your losing season.

Ok Roody, CLE got an ass whooping I agree. CIN Special teams played a great game as well as their D forcing turnovers. Maybe as well as CLE D played when they held CIN to six points. Good series this year, make sure you stop by next year after a CLE victory that you talk shit about before the game.... Never mind I know that won't happen

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To call a 21 point blowout "flukey" is questionable, but whatever. The only record that matters is the one in the standings. The Bengals are 7-4 and have a commanding hold on first place in the AFCN, Browns 4-6 and tied for last. Still sucks splitting the series with the division's token whipping boy, but it happens sometimes. Good luck with the Steelers.

Fuck off Roody Poop! You split with us 1-1. your QB sucks cocks and you again will not win a super bowl.

31 points in a quarter, the way it happened, is certainly a fluke. So was the Bengals' win over the Packers. The only game Cincy really convinced me this season was their assbeating of the Jets. That was potentially how good they can be if Dalton gets his head out of his ass/how good a lot of media folks think they are.

Consistency matters, though, and Dalton doesn't have it.

Congrats on the season split, Roody, talk to us in January after a wild card team eliminates you guys.

I wouldn't say it is a fluke, but you can't count on it happening often. We have a good defense and special teams, but if you can't score on offense, you are kinda screwed in this league nowadays.

The Bengals are good, but I don't think we are elite. Dalton needs to step up for that to happen.

I'd say honestly, we might be a step ahead of the Browns right now, but the gap isn't that big. If you guys land a better QB, you'll make some noise.

Same thing with us, if Dalton ever takes the next step, or we get a better replacement, we will contend.

For what it's worth though, I think the Browns need continuity more than anything. Keep Chud, Horton, and Turner for a few years, and things will improve. I think Football teams make changes too fast sometimes.

Marvin Lewis is not the greatest HC, but he is great at talent evaluation, and can get us to the Playoffs. Got to get there before great things happen.

Hope to be battling it out with the Browns for years to come. Sure would be better than seeing those stupid ass Terrible Towels everywhere..

I wouldn't say it is a fluke, but you can't count on it happening often. We have a good defense and special teams, but if you can't score on offense, you are kinda screwed in this league nowadays.

The Bengals are good, but I don't think we are elite. Dalton needs to step up for that to happen.

I'd say honestly, we might be a step ahead of the Browns right now, but the gap isn't that big. If you guys land a better QB, you'll make some noise.

Same thing with us, if Dalton ever takes the next step, or we get a better replacement, we will contend.

For what it's worth though, I think the Browns need continuity more than anything. Keep Chud, Horton, and Turner for a few years, and things will improve. I think Football teams make changes too fast sometimes.

Marvin Lewis is not the greatest HC, but he is great at talent evaluation, and can get us to the Playoffs. Got to get there before great things happen.

Hope to be battling it out with the Browns for years to come. Sure would be better than seeing those stupid ass Terrible Towels everywhere..

pretty good post, I agree with most of that. I think CIN will need an upgrade on Dalton to contend, so that tells you how bad off we are at that position right now. Also, it is very wishful thinking that we keep Horton for a few years, he should be gone next year.

Good post. It was generally felt by all that the Bengals had the most talent in the AFCN, and should win the division. That was predicted preseason....and that is the way it is playing out apparently.

Both games this year were a bit of an anomaly. As good as the Browns defense can be, holding the Bengals to 6 points went far beyond expectations. And all those points scored by the Bengals off turnovers is also a fluke. Generally the Browns have been pretty good this year at ball security. They had a plus turnover margin...until this last game.

Agree on Dalton. He did not have a winning performance in either game.....but in this last one Campbell ...and others (STs) had a far greater losing performance. Though, I guess you could say Dalton was efficient with 3 TD passes on only 93 total passing yards.

31 points in a quarter, the way it happened, is certainly a fluke. So was the Bengals' win over the Packers. The only game Cincy really convinced me this season was their assbeating of the Jets. That was potentially how good they can be if Dalton gets his head out of his ass/how good a lot of media folks think they are.

Congrats on the season split, Roody, talk to us in January after a wild card team eliminates you guys.

Right now that Wildcard team that they would play?: The 9-1 Kansas City Chiefs. That would be a very interesting matchup if it occurred.

The Bengals defense and special teams came to play and the Browns didn't. That's not a fluke, that's getting outplayed. And really? Coming back from 16 points down and beating the best QB in the league is a fluke? Keep thinking that since you all got the shit beat out of you by the pack. But yes, if Dalton plays as well as he did in October during theplayoff run, the Bengals are as good as any team in the NFL. I'll talk to you in January after the Browns are confirmed to yet again be sitting at home.

What I am referring to is that the Bengals capitalized on their chances, the browns took field goals. But yes,the Bengals also forced more turnovers and that usually leads to a win.

I think the percentage that each team "capitalized on their chances" was about the same. Its just that the Bengals had so many more chances.

But at least now you are kinda getting a clue.

Only Browns fans care about pre superbowl era titles. Its comical really.

What are you? A Closet Steeler fan? This is a recitation of facts. It has nothing to do with caring. Do you think the first 50 years of the history of Pro Football in this country should be wiped out from memory? If it weren't for that history.....for those pre Super Bowl titles by the Browns your city wouldn't have a fucking team. Several other cities were candidates to get the AFL expansion when the Bengals (and Dolphins) came into existance, including Seattle/Tampa/Phoenix/Indianapolis and maybe a couple of others. It was only the prestige of having Paul Brown in its corner....who won most of those titles, and for whom this team is possibly named..that got Cincinnati a team. (in fact, many wanted him to locate his new team in Columbus, not Cincy...but he had too much regard for Ohio State's tradition and decided to choose Cincy instead)

Don't ever fucking forget that your team is merely the bastard stepchild of the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns didn't score any TDs out of 3 chances in the redzone while the Bengals had 3 in 4 opportunities I believe. Something like that. And your anger over how nobody gives a shit about the pre superbowl era is hilarious to me.

Better than any QB the new era Browns have ever had lol. And even if we don't, at least we have a chance unlike your shitty excuse for a franchise.

Ever? Really? I assume you don't mean ever, given that the winningest QB in football history played for the Browns.

Perhaps you meant "in the 21st century".

And I don't believe that either. If Tim Couch had the team around him that Dalton has you wold have been better off.

(Yes, Tim Couch was a good QB. Its just that for a while the team around him was god awful)

Ever? Really? I assume you don't mean ever, given that the winningest QB in football history played for the Browns.

Perhaps you meant "in the 21st century".

And I don't believe that either. If Tim Couch had the team around him that Dalton has you wold have been better off.

(Yes, Tim Couch was a good QB. Its just that for a while the team around him was god awful)

Notice I said new era. As in since the franchise came back. And really? Tim Couch was a fucking joke hahaha. You go ahead and keep thinking that.

The Browns didn't score any TDs out of 3 chances in the redzone while the Bengals had 3 in 4 opportunities I believe. Something like that. And your anger over how nobody gives a shit about the pre superbowl era is hilarious to me.

I guess what angers me is ignorance and stupidity. And you are proving yourself that.

Are you really sure that you are not a fucking stupid Steeler fan? I mean, you just bought yourself a membership into that club.

I mean, I suspect that you are pretty young. You are clearly stupid making a statement like that.

You need a blood test to determine if you have piss yellow and black blood.

No real student/fan of the game of football would ever make such a foolish statement.

Your comment basically says "nothing that happened in sports prior to 1970 counts".

That means then that the NY Yankees really only own a handful of titles...that nothing Babe Ruth/Joe Dimaggio/Ted Williams/Mickey Mantle/Stan Musial/ Sandy Koufax/Walter Johnson/ Cy Young etc. etc. ever did counts.

That Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain's accomplishments in the NBA don't count.

That whatever George Halas, Paul Brown, Curly Lambeau, and most of Vince Lombardi's accomplishments don't count.

That what Otto Graham, YA Tittle, Johnny Unitas, Norm Van Brocklin, Sammy Baugh, Sid Luckman, Bob Waterfield, Bobby Layne etc. do not count.

So, you see how truly stupid you are saying what you said? And if you don't see it, that is further evidence of your stupidity.

I guess what angers me is ignorance and stupidity. And you are proving yourself that.

Are you really sure that you are not a fucking stupid Steeler fan? I mean, you just bought yourself a membership into that club.

I mean, I suspect that you are pretty young. You are clearly stupid making a statement like that.

You need a blood test to determine if you have piss yellow and black blood.

No real student/fan of the game of football would ever make such a foolish statement.

Your comment basically says "nothing that happened in sports prior to 1970 counts".

That means then that the NY Yankees really only own a handful of titles...that nothing Babe Ruth/Joe Dimaggio/Ted Williams/Mickey Mantle/Stan Musial/ Sandy Koufax/Walter Johnson/ Cy Young etc. etc. ever did counts.

That Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain's accomplishments in the NBA don't count.

That whatever George Halas, Paul Brown, Curly Lambeau, and most of Vince Lombardi's accomplishments don't count.

That what Otto Graham, YA Tittle, Johnny Unitas, Norm Van Brocklin, Sammy Baugh, Sid Luckman, Bob Waterfield, Bobby Layne etc. do not count.

So, you see how truly stupid you are saying what you said? And if you don't see it, that is further evidence of your stupidity.

LOL, who's talking about the MLB and NBA? I'm saying nobody even considers the pre superbowl era when talking about NFL titles. Except Browns fans, because that's all you've got. Didn't they just find one of the old championship trophies at a fucking garage sale or something? LOL

Notice I said new era. As in since the franchise came back. And really? Tim Couch was a fucking joke hahaha. You go ahead and keep thinking that.

Well, there is no such thing as "new era" "old era". But I get what you mean.

And you are wrong about Couch. You apparently never bothered to watch. Couch took the Browns from being nothing but a paper franchise to a playoff team in 4 years. People (like you who apparently don't know anything about football) don't realize that in 1998....there was just the franchise here. No owner, no coach, no players. And in 2002 the team was in the playoffs....mainly because of Tim Couch's QB play.

His label of "bust" is pure ignorance....again made by people that know nothing of the facts. He really did have an awful team around him from the beginning....and later it got bad again because there was absolutely no offensive line. His career was cut short by injuries to his shoulder (both rotator cuff and labrum tears).

So, keep proving what you don't know.

It was a fluke on a rainy day. I was there. If you think that two blocked punts and a fumble returned for a TD in a matter of minutes is outplaying someone, you're high. 31 points in a quarter won't happen again for the Bengals for a long time. Enjoy the win, but your delusional view of the Bengals is going to make the downfall hurt even more.

We know what the Browns are and aren't, it's sad how much of a homer you are.

It didn't even rain until the 4th when the Bengals already had a commanding lead. But nice try. Opportunistic plays and creating turnovers is a good D/ST compensating for mediocre offensive play. Maybe if yours did the same you'd have a chance.

Well, there is no such thing as "new era" "old era". But I get what you mean.

And you are wrong about Couch. You apparently never bothered to watch. Couch took the Browns from being nothing but a paper franchise to a playoff team in 4 years. People (like you who apparently don't know anything about football) don't realize that in 1998....there was just the franchise here. No owner, no coach, no players. And in 2002 the team was in the playoffs....mainly because of Tim Couch's QB play.

His label of "bust" is pure ignorance....again made by people that know nothing of the facts. He really did have an awful team around him from the beginning....and later it got bad again because there was absolutely no offensive line. His career was cut short by injuries to his shoulder (both rotator cuff and labrum tears).

So, keep proving what you don't know.

Anybody with under an 60 percent completion percentage and more INTs than TDs in their career sucks ass in my book.

LOL, who's talking about the MLB and NBA? I'm saying nobody even considers the pre superbowl era when talking about NFL titles. Except Browns fans, because that's all you've got. Didn't they just find one of the old championship trophies at a fucking garage sale or something? LOL

Well, again you are fucking dumb and fucking wrong. And the more you keep talking the more ignorant sounding you are. I mean, has the Appalachian air really affected you that much? You want the facts here they are....if you can read.

(please have your blood tested for I am concerned about your urine acid levels)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

Well, again you are fucking dumb and fucking wrong. And the more you keep talking the more ignorant sounding you are. I mean, has the Appalachian air really affected you that much? You want the facts here they are....if you can read.

(please have your blood tested for I am concerned about your urine acid levels)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

Not sure what you're trying to prove there. Yes,the Browns have won titles back when the superbowl wasn't a thing and the league has like 12 teams. Sweet!

You were at the game and it didn't rain until the fourth quarter? Maybe I was drunk, but it rained a lot more than during the fourth quarter, including leading up to the game. Opportunistic plays, that rarely ever happen, on a slick field, do not make a team elite. The Browns had two INTs, one was a pick six. Their offense was terrible and their ST's were worse.

What happened in Week 3 when your team didn't get those "opportunistic/fluke" plays? 17-6.

GTFO.

I live in Cincinnati jackass. It wasn't raining until later in the game. And that's even more pathetic that the int and one fluke big play were the only production the browns has all day. The reason the Bengals lost in Cle was that they got snuck up on after the big packers game. It was a fluke more than anything.

Anybody with under an 60 percent completion percentage and more INTs than TDs in their career sucks ass in my book.

The more you talk, the stupider you get. Ergo, in your opinion the following guys all suck ass:

Marino,

Ken Anderson

Fouts

Moon

McMahon

Starr

Dawson

Jurgenson

Tarkenton

Staubach

Esiason

Elway

Layne

Waterfield

Namath

Luckman

Bradshaw

Van Brocklin

Unitas

Tittle

Simms

Graham

Griese

Baugh

Theismann

Sipe

Blanda

The more you talk, the stupider you get. Ergo, in your opinion the following guys all suck ass:

Marino,

Ken Anderson

Fouts

Moon

McMahon

Starr

Dawson

Jurgenson

Tarkenton

Staubach

Esiason

Elway

Layne

Waterfield

Namath

Luckman

Bradshaw

Van Brocklin

Unitas

Tittle

Simms

Graham

Griese

Baugh

Theismann

Sipe

Blanda

Wait, so all those guys threw more INTs than TDs? Great reading comprehension, idiot.

Not sure what you're trying to prove there. Yes,the Browns have won titles back when the superbowl wasn't a thing and the league has like 12 teams. Sweet!

The point is there is no differentiation at all in any of that. It is the history of the league. If you don't respect the leagues history, then it is a disgrace to call yourself a football fan.

The ONLY titles that have current significance are the last one and the next one. Otherwise, they are all history, be they the 1920 Akron Pros or the 2011 Giants.

Jesus, I expect this sort of argument out of a Steeler fan....who choose to ignore 40 years of their teams history when they sucked, but for a Bengal fan, a team also founded by Paul Brown, I find this stupidity and ignorance quite unexpected and amazing. Because, quite frankly I held your fan base to be a little more intelligent and enlightened than the Steeler troglodytes.

It is somewhat sad to see that I was wrong...that you fit right in with the Steeler group. How sad :(

Wait, so all those guys threw more INTs than TDs? Great reading comprehension, idiot.

Many or most of them did, yes. Again, this prove you don't fucking know football. These gawdy completion pct. numbers are a recent phenomena. And about a 1:1 TD/Int. ratio (which is what Couch had) was the norm, yes.

Having a 60% completion percentage is not that big of a deal,now in that while only 37 QBs who ever played have a career completion pct of 60% ONLY Joe Montana and Steve Young, playing in the Bill Walsh WCO had careers that started before 1989. And guys with 60% completion included the likes of Christian Ponder, Hugh Millen, Trent Green, Damon Huard.. you know, your really big, big star QBs.

Many or most of them did, yes. Again, this prove you don't fucking know football. These gawdy completion pct. numbers are a recent phenomena. And about a 1:1 TD/Int. ratio (which is what Couch had) was the norm, yes.

Off the top of my head I know Marino had around double the TDs he did INTs. I assume most of the others are the same. But continue to spew bullshit.

Archived