THE BROWNS BOARD

Gilbert

Cbus Brownie

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I have to agree with this on Gilbert. CBus Brownie is right on point.

No one is asking him to play lights out but he looks like he doesn't even belong on an NFL roster.

Shazier looked like a 5 year veteran and Roby looked like a stud.

Remember this:

"Richardson will be fine"

"Weeden will be fine"

"Taylor will be fine"

"Little will be fine"

"Schwartz will be fine"

I hope you man up and admit it when you're wrong (as usual). But can we please wait a couple games (or maybe a whole season) before we decide how good or bad our rookie is...

You and CBus are ridiculous, and you sound like a couple dramatic women complaining about a new character on Desperate Housewives you don't like...

Gilbert is a beast. He makes plays all the time in practice. It's during gametime situations where the offense is foreign and he's not yet sure what to do, that requires thinking and you can't be thinking when you are playing Cornerback in the NFL. You have to trust your preparation and react, instantly. Rookie Cornerbacks have the hardest job in the NFL, especially in this day and age, what with all the rules to help WRs and the offense. As others have said- JayG will be fine.

Gilbert is a beast. He makes plays all the time in practice. It's during gametime situations where the offense is foreign and he's not yet sure what to do, that requires thinking and you can't be thinking when you are playing Cornerback in the NFL. You have to trust your preparation and react, instantly. Rookie Cornerbacks have the hardest job in the NFL, especially in this day and age, what with all the rules to help WRs and the offense. As others have said- JayG will be fine.

Damn it.............. PoG's kiss of death.

I hope you man up and admit it when you're wrong (as usual). But can we please wait a couple games (or maybe a whole season) before we decide how good or bad our rookie is...

You and CBus are ridiculous, and you sound like a couple dramatic women complaining about a new character on Desperate Housewives you don't like...

I'm not wrong on this ya fucking nimrod. All the evidence in the world is on my side.

Did you not watch the FUCKING game? Did you not watch all preseason when he got burnt?

and yes there is a huge majority of Browns who said "they'll be fine"

Justin Gilbert FUCKING SUCKS DICKS right now.

Oh and how about your boy Watkins? He must suck too bc he didnt do sh** Sunday

Except for WIN which is more than I can say for that FUCKING BUM Gilbert who lost us the game.

Watkins: 3 catches for 31 yards

Gilbert: 5 missed tackles and his receiver caught 6 passes for 97 yards.

I'll take Watkins all fucking day over that bum.

I don't have all the Gilbert optimism but give the guy time to be evaluated.

Here's the problem... I understand CB is a tough transition but Fuller, Varrett, and Roby are all showing promise.

Gilbert got torched by 3rd stringers all preseason long and got his ass handed to him Sunday. It was a Brandon Weeden like debut.

He isn't getting in the same area as the receivers he's covering.

Here's the problem Logic...

Watch him on the fake punt, not only does he get burnt, he fucking wiffs, then he tries to tackle him like a 6th grader.

Gilbert is afraid of contact and at this level, I don't think tackling should be something you have to learn. He's a bad player and I don't see him panning out at all. Ever. He pussies away from contact.

I'm happy with all of our other picks (West, Bitonio, Kirskey, Manziel, etc..)

But Gilbert is so fucking bad. He's literally an F- right now.

Here's the problem Logic...

Watch him on the fake punt, not only does he get burnt, he fucking wiffs, then he tries to tackle him like a 6th grader.

Gilbert is afraid of contact and at this level, I don't think tackling should be something you have to learn. He's a bad player and I don't see him panning out at all. Ever. He pussies away from contact.

I'm happy with all of our other picks (West, Bitonio, Kirskey, Manziel, etc..)

But Gilbert is so fucking bad. He's literally an F- right now.

Walter, I agree, Gilbert has looked terrible up to this point- he has to learn how to defend when the ball is in the air or about to be caught. You forget about his 40 time at the combine? Sub 4.4 speed can't be taught, and that's why he was a first round pick. His tackling ability (rather lack of) in college was duly noted by none other than Ray Farmer.

Hell, Denard was a first round pick of the Bengals, and he's buried on the depth chart behind Father Time Jones and a crippled Kirkpatrick.

So maybe, just maybe Pettine is seeing we pushed Gilbert too far, too fast. One regular season game is far too small a sample size to label a first round pick a bust.

Maybe the colts will trade a first round pick for him next year...

We had a choice of Sammy Watkins, Kahlil Mack, Jake Matthews, and we took fucking Gilbert.

You see, these trade downs aren't worth it if you don't pick the right player.

In 2011, we skipped on Julio Jones and JJ Watt for Phil Taylor, Greg Little, and Brandon Weeden in 2012.

I would rather have Watt or Jones straight up than any of those bad to average players.

If Gilbert the Bills 1st pick in 2015 doesn't pan out, and Watkins does it's a total fucking failure.

I'd rather have Watkins, Mack, or Matthews than Gilbert.

Trading down is only good if snag the right player.

Archived