THE BROWNS BOARD

Gilbert

Cbus Brownie

yesterday was a tale of 2 halves. if they had the correct game plan called going into the game as they did going into the 2nd half we wouldn't be having these conversations.

and hey, the saints didn't look all the impressive yesterday either.

The browns would not have been able to successfully run that no huddle offense for an entire game. Why anyone thinks that's sustainable is beyond me. The browns caught the steelers off guard and capitalized. Poor field position for the steelers and a couple stalled drives. In the end the better team won.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and you think its reasonable to view from that standpoint after one game?

Lmao....oh....of course you do.

How fucking stupid is this argument....talking definitively about rookies after one game of ball. Good fucking god man....

But don't let me save you from your own stupidity. Please continue about how you know the future.

No, I'm talking worst case scenario out loud. I started the bread because I'm concerned. I'm holding out hope he progresses, but it has been really ugly so far.

Given our track record, you blame me for thinking half glass full?

The browns would not have been able to successfully run that no huddle offense for an entire game. Why anyone thinks that's sustainable is beyond me. The browns caught the steelers off guard and capitalized. Poor field position for the steelers and a couple stalled drives. In the end the better team won.

The Browns were down 24 with 2 quarters to play, and yet they somehow "caught the stoolers off guard and capitalized" by going to the no huddle?? LOL Great coaching.

and if we would have drafted clowney it would be the browns fault that he got injured.

do you little cry babies actually read some of the stuff you post?

some fans should just trade in their jerseys for pink tutus and some pom poms and watch soccer.

This is just fucking embarrassing, rookie or not.

Please rant some more because the first 23 rants have not convinced me...

Off guard by being a vastly improved team? I can see that.

But unless in western PA y'all consider "four" to be a "couple", you have a counting deficiency. And it's "five" if you count the fake punt as two stalled drives...

See you 12 October...

No one is saying cut him.

He's just a TERRIBLE draft pick like Weeden/Richardson/Taylor when we could of had Watkins, Mack, or Matthews. Story of the Browns.

He has no football instincts, NONE. He's a afraid to tackle.

This is just fucking embarrassing, rookie or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qctGRsRRt-s

Um it takes YEARS not one or two damn games to evaluate a draft, or a player. Har, har- Brian Bosworth looked like a stud- until Bo Jackson ran him over like a freight train.

Fair, BUT, we got lucky and got another 1st rounder for T Rich. We won't be getting shit for Gilbert, at least not a #1. I'm looking at it from the standpoint, what do you have to show from 1st rd 2014.

Answer is- we don't know that yet, and won't for a couple of years.

It's totally just rookie growing pains to lay completely flat on the ground. :wacko:

Nope, impossible for any other cornerback ever- to slip on that shitty playing surface at Ketchup Field.

I know we passed on a lot of rookies who are help contribute while we drafted a fucking bum.

Watkins, Shazier, Cooks, Mathews, Mack, Lewan, Varrett, Roby, Benjamin > Gilbert.

It's one fucking game Walter. You ever think about the advanced concept Offensive\defensive coordinators now have analyzed tape on these guys to see what they don't do well, and will attack those weaknesses unmercifully?

WHAT THE HELL ?! That was his first game a sa pro !

You guys need to calm down a lil bit. The transition is incredibly tough a this position. Give him time to learn. I mean Patrick Peterson was awfull when he started his career. And there is so many other corners who struggled early on.

What is wrong with you ? How many DB's look like Earl Thomas or Darrell Reivis in their first game ? NONE

philly used to have the worst field in the NFL. if forget what receiver from minnesota blew out both knees on one play and ended his career just by coming down with the ball. also an opposing coach refused to playa preseason game there because the field was terrible.

philly used to have the worst field in the NFL. if forget what receiver from minnesota blew out both knees on one play and ended his career just by coming down with the ball. also an opposing coach refused to playa preseason game there because the field was terrible.

Billick was the coach who refused to play on the turf. He could put his whole fists into holes in the field. Grew up an Eagles fan.

Texans stadium is one of the worst turf locations in the NFL. Welker and a former Texans punter both had serious injuries caused 100% because of how cheap the turf is. Clowney's injury probably wouldn't have happened anywhere else.

That checkerboard assembly, natural turf is weird. Best I can figure is that they are trying to uphold the tradition of the old Astrodome... the league's previous worst turf.

They "caught the Steelers off guard"? What a dumb comment. The Browns were down 27-3 at the half. What did they think the Browns were going to do to catch up.....run out the 25 second clock on every play? If the Steelers coaches and players were caught off guard, then they are completely incompetent. Plus, they would never admit they were caught off guard.

What they were was outplayed, pure and simple. They weren't off guard. They knew what was coming, they just could not stop it.

Usually the Browns sleepwalk through their first game of the season. This time they only slept for the first half.

The fact is, the Steeler defense just isn't very good at this point. And the Browns just dug themselves too big of a hole.

Brian Bosworth looked like a stud- until Bo Jackson ran him over like a freight train.

True... but The Boz's Dish Network commercial with Leinart and Shuler is pretty funny.

Archived