THE BROWNS BOARD

Gilbert

Cbus Brownie

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to watch a solid amount of his college tape. Shut down DGB. However I noticed there are times when he has slow feet, other times he opens his hips a bit early. He's not suited for off coverage, that's for damn certain.

The one thing to me that makes a DB good is the ability to plant your foot and drive on the ball. Times Gilbert has done this, others ..? Not so much. He needs time and coaching. The measurables are there.

Gilbert looks to be in the "thinking" transition to the NFL. That plus the new "emphasis" on contact have slowed his progress.

Also have to remember that he missed a good bit of TC reps with a groin injury.

STFU walter. don't be a whining cunt about everything you don't like so far.....

should i make a list?

manziel is great start him now.... 2 months later....manziel needs to sit and learn

pettine sucks and needs to be fired now........made good halftime decisions

should have taken watkins at 4...... oh wait did he play?

gilbert is a rookie. haden is one of the best and he got beat twice today.

what the fuck do you want walter? really?

your fantasy football team lineup all wrapped up in brown orange and white?

relax. the browns looked great today and shut up all the fucking analysts that gave us no shot whatsoever.

oh now i get it, your frank caliendo.

We got beat. Thats the bottom line.

Almost doesn't count for shit.

Winners play to win and we played not to lose.

The Browns looked "great" ?!?!?

What fucking game did you watch in the first half?

We lost. We are 0-1 and all I hear out of your mouth is "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Gilbert fucking sucks and I dont want to hear that "rookie" shit because Bradley Roby just shut down a hall of famer in Reggie Wayne and had a huge night against Andrew Luck.

Yeah Walter- I watched that Donkey game- and Roby looked great because Denver had a guy in Luck's face the whole damn game.

Don't write a guy off just because he's struggling making the transition to the NFL after a couple preseason games, and one in the regular season. You expecting him to look like Darrell Revis right out of the gate? .

STFU walter. don't be a whining cunt about everything you don't like so far.....

should i make a list?

manziel is great start him now.... 2 months later....manziel needs to sit and learn

pettine sucks and needs to be fired now........made good halftime decisions

should have taken watkins at 4...... oh wait did he play?

gilbert is a rookie. haden is one of the best and he got beat twice today.

what the fuck do you want walter? really?

your fantasy football team lineup all wrapped up in brown orange and white?

relax. the browns looked great today and shut up all the fucking analysts that gave us no shot whatsoever.

oh now i get it, your frank caliendo.

MIK shut you stupid mouth you faggot! WALTER IS SPOT ON. GILBERT SUCKS.

His college tape looks great. But fuck, he needs alot of development. Its been ugly. He's been a major liability in coverage, hell even on ST today he shat the bed. Anyone else starting to get concerned?

I know this dude that left the bar at halftime is pissed..

So this idiot who is probably hammered is also looking at his phone while driving. Hopefully he ended up getting busted by the cops and won't put anymore You tubes up for the rest of the year.

Haden looked worse for being the season vet. Gilbert will come around. It so funny to see all you negative nancies on here after one game. A game where we actually showed some fucking grit. Yes we lost, but we showed we belonged in the NFL. The Pats, Saints, Bears, Colts, lots of good teams got beat yesterday. It football, anything can happen. Also, stop they cry baby shit, Its for the birds.

Gilbert fucking sucks and I dont want to hear that "rookie" shit because Bradley Roby just shut down a hall of famer in Reggie Wayne and had a huge night against Andrew Luck.

A huge night? Roby was being targeted early and often. Then he produced two good plays over the middle on a QB that had been slapped a around all night.

Every rookie DB has some transition time. Revis, McCourty, Petterson.. Hell, even Haden had some serious ups and downs his rookie year.

Aside from QB, CB is the most difficult transition in the NFL. Give it time. While you're at it, find something appropriate to bitch about. Things like this make people look like whiners.

I'll go with yes I am concerned. As the number 8 pick he needs to deliver now. So far he has sucked. Even semi decent play from him would have helped a lot.

Rookie corners never "deliver now." Year 3 is when they begin to look comfortable. Year 2 if they're really good. Late Year 1 if they're great.

Game 1, playing across from one of the best, not so much... He's going to get tortured until he proves he can step it up...

Walter = Soju

lol... just may be one of his manifestations.

What cambridgeho said. Haden did not exactly have an all-pro day either.

And Schwartz did not defend a single pass all day...

Here's what I know for sure about Gilbert: After that week one showing, Drew Brees is going to throw his way early and often. I'm not a sky is falling guy, but it's apparent that Gilbert needs help while he's developing as a player. If he gets put on man coverage against a NO wide receiver, it will get bad in a hurry. I can take away the long pass because that was a great throw and better catch. But some of his other coverages, yikes. Let's hope he spends a little more time in the film room looking at those.

which surprised the fuck out of me cause Roby got routinely torched at OSU. I didn't think anybody would draft the bum. Obviously something was done in Denver cause he had a monster game against Indy.

which surprised the fuck out of me cause Roby got routinely torched at OSU. I didn't think anybody would draft the bum. Obviously something was done in Denver cause he had a monster game against Indy.

Clearly you didn't fucking watch Roby at tOSU. Because I saw an aggressive corner that was routinely put in assignments that didn't benefit his skill set. Why do you think Whithers was let go at the end of the season? (Fickell will be soon as well)

Yeah Walter- I watched that Donkey game- and Roby looked great because Denver had a guy in Luck's face the whole damn game.

Don't write a guy off just because he's struggling making the transition to the NFL after a couple preseason games, and one in the regular season. You expecting him to look like Darrell Revis right out of the gate? .

while it's true that the Denver pass rush was pretty good last night it's not like they were hanging all over Luck on every play. They had 3 sacks, at least 2 of em were when Luck pulled the ball down and tried to run out of the pocket. They didn't exactly light up the Colts O line. Pressure was there though obviously. And yes obviously Roby benefitted from that. But a bunch of his plays were on rifle balls from Luck that almost never get broken up cause of the timing of the Colts pass game. I was astounded that anybody got their hands in there on some of those plays....that could only happen if the defender was blanketing the receiver right off the line, which of course you don't really see from the camera angles. Would be interesting to see the all 22 on that game

Clearly you didn't fucking watch Roby at tOSU. Because I saw an aggressive corner that was routinely put in assignments that didn't benefit his skill set. Why do you think Whithers was let go at the end of the season? (Fickell will be soon as well)

I watched Abredaris torch him for 200 yds....I did see that. lols. Every week last season was one mediocre receiver after another going legend on the OSU secondary. Abredaris sticks out in my mind now cause he was a white boy that peed all over them. Roby wasn't the only one but he made the most glaring mistakes last year. Everytime a receiver caught a long ball or caught a short pass that then went for huge YAC...was Roby's assignment.

His college tape looks great. But fuck, he needs alot of development. Its been ugly. He's been a major liability in coverage, hell even on ST today he shat the bed. Anyone else starting to get concerned?

I know this dude that left the bar at halftime is pissed..

another example of people who should have their smartphones taken away from them. Why does everybody in this country feel the need to put their opinions on the web? Does Cleveland really need this? Do we really need to see drunken browns fans running incoherent video selfies while driving? I was cringing because at any moment I was expecting the air bag to deploy and send the phone flying towards the back windshield.

I watched Abredaris torch him for 200 yds....I did see that. lols. Every week last season was one mediocre receiver after another going legend on the OSU secondary. Abredaris sticks out in my mind now cause he was a white boy that peed all over them. Roby wasn't the only one but he made the most glaring mistakes last year. Everytime a receiver caught a long ball or caught a short pass that then went for huge YAC...was Roby's assignment.

Like I said, you didn't actually watch what you were seeing. Roby was the rated as the #1CB for the draft heading into 2013. Then Whithers asked him to play this soft cover 4 nonsense.

Last I checked, Roby had a good outing against a much better receiver in Keenan Allen in '12. The coaching staff let him play aggressive and not let WR's casually stroll into their routes.

Christ, did you watch the game vs Virginia Tech? The same god damn thing this year. Now you see Roby making some solid plays as a rookie and you still think the kid wasn't any good? Smoke another bowl, dumbass.

Archived