THE BROWNS BOARD

Squealing Steelers

gftChris

You didn't even watch the damn game if you are criticizing Antonio brown.

I watched him drop a sure Touchdown. And Im certain we were watching the same game. A blatant drop. Pretty much lost the game for his team.

The offensive line also isn't a problem.

5 sacks in the first half is a problem. Did you miss those? Gilbert is likely the worst starting o lineman in the league. Awful. Horrible.

Ben was hanging on to the ball.

Probably because he didn't trust Brown to catch it after that drop.

You act like the bucs have a bad defensive line.

They gave up 56 points last week. Just sayin.

How many high draft picks are there?

Who cares about draft picks? You mean to say the Steelers suck because TB has some high picks??

And Michael Johnson has always given the steelers fits. Bottom line is the steelers far too often play down to the competition. 115 yards in penalties is all the needs to be said.

Bottom line is that the Stoolers just aren't very good anymore. Face it. I see them winning a couple more games.I have them winning next week, then losing 8 out of their next 9(ok, maybe 7)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't even watch the damn game if you are criticizing Antonio brown.

I watched him drop a sure Touchdown. And Im certain we were watching the same game. A blatant drop. Pretty much lost the game for his team.

The offensive line also isn't a problem.

5 sacks in the first half is a problem. Did you miss those? Gilbert is likely the worst starting o lineman in the league. Awful. Horrible.

Ben was hanging on to the ball.

Probably because he didn't trust Brown to catch it after that drop.

You act like the bucs have a bad defensive line.

They gave up 56 points last week. Just sayin.

How many high draft picks are there?

Who cares about draft picks? You mean to say the Steelers suck because TB has some high picks??

And Michael Johnson has always given the steelers fits. Bottom line is the steelers far too often play down to the competition. 115 yards in penalties is all the needs to be said.

Bottom line is that the Stoolers just aren't very good anymore. Face it. I see them winning a couple more games.I have them winning next week, then losing 8 out of their next 9(ok, maybe 7)

You're an idiot. Brown just broke an NFL record today for most consecutive games with 5 or more catches. Finished with 7 for 131 and two TD's and Ben doesn't trust him with the football? Which paint chips are your favorite? Sherwin Williams or valaspar? Terrible loss with too many penalties and tentative play calls by Haley to close out our final offensive drive. You have to win those games at home and they didn't. We'll see if they rebound.

You're an idiot. Brown just broke an NFL record today for most consecutive games with 5 or more catches. Finished with 7 for 131 and two TD's and Ben doesn't trust him with the football?

They would have won if he didnt drop that touchdown. He just dropped it. 7 points down the tubes and they lost by 3. Do the math.

Undisciplined too. All those penalties. Probably need some new coaches too. Along with an O line and someone who can catch.

Valaspar it is, do you have a favorite color? I get accused of trolling and your cute little game of baiting is exactly what trolls do. Bad loss.

Valaspar it is, do you have a favorite color? I get accused of trolling and your cute little game of baiting is exactly what trolls do. Bad loss.

Whatsa matter Vag, dont like the taste of your own shit?

So Brown set an individual record for 5 catches, but dropped the one that would win the game. It's the truth. Face it.

I just loved reading the squeeler fan rage over at some steeler forum. Haha they suck. I watched thru ben smashing his hand and the brown push off in the endzone. That was a terrible call.

You mean the one where verner was on the brakes in front of brown? Lol push off. Verner got called for a facemask on that TD and you are talking about a push off. Get real.

Get real? Moi? Your subjectivity is showing.

I watched the game and replayed the play several times off the DVR.

Verner ran a better route than Brown.

He had outside position and turned to look back for the ball as they crossed the six-yard line.

Once Verner's head is turned he has an equal right to the ball.

By the goal line it is more than clear that Verner had a bead on the ball...

Once this occurs there can be no "impeding" as you imply.

Brown gave Verner a good two-handed shove... AKA Offensive Pass Interference.

The endzone replay clearly shows it.

Oh... and the "holding" call on Verner was ticky-tacky...

It was Illegal contact, but I saw no hold.

The proper outcome of the play was offsetting penalties... replay the down.

Why the Fuck do we have a Steeler thread? Stop feeding the zoo animals.

Because it's really fun to feed the monkeys bananas- after a loss.

True, MOD can lock it. That should happen ASAP

Vag is spinning so hard- he's going to bore straight down to China.

Most are incidental face masks. 1 excessive celebration and one arguing with the refs.

So totally dumb ass spin the ball after a TD- got it. Argue with the Refs- ditto.

You didn't even watch the damn game if you are criticizing Antonio brown. The offensive line also isn't a problem. Ben was hanging on to the ball. You act like the bucs have a bad defensive line. How many high draft picks are there? And Michael Johnson has always given the steelers fits. Bottom line is the steelers far too often play down to the competition. 115 yards in penalties is all the needs to be said.

Bottom line is Poly Geezer is too damn slow- or you in denial what every talking head is saying- that old horse ain't what it used to be. Coverage liability- big time. Couldn't close on a guy in the last 30 seconds. Piss poor Steeler secondary can't stop a ?? wr in the last minute.

Hanging on to the ball too long? that means (other than Brown) nobody open. Hi Ben- welcome to an effective pass rush.

... booger eating, cow-fucking village idiots...

LMAO... only way to improve on the rant would have been to put this punctuation mark at its end.

Meanwhile back at our "obsession"...

I have to believe Tomlin's stern, stoic, "not-good-enough, unacceptable, that's-on-me, " press conference days are numbered. Just seems like that act would have to be wearing very, very thin at this point.

Only question may be does he make the season? It seems likely to me that he will. However, maybe the org would want to make LeBeau "honorary" HC for a bit as a parting gift... that is if Dick wants to retire at season's end.

Brown pushes off verner vag not sure how u don't see that. I admit he's talented but Jesus the refs have let him do that in every game this year

Not to disagree, but if they flag him for pushing off on the TD (which they should have done), there was still the holding call. The two would (I think?) have offset and the TD would stand.

When are you expecting this to happen?

It's happening right now.....

They are in full decline and no longer one of the teams to beat.....

Nope. Our path to the playoffs is through Cinn and Baltimore......NOT Pittsburgh....

Time to cue up the denial.....

Not to disagree, but if they flag him for pushing off on the TD (which they should have done), there was still the holding call. The two would (I think?) have offset and the TD would stand.

Offsetting penalties cancel the play. Except for a few seconds running off of the clock, it's as if it never happened.

When are you expecting this to happen?

There should be a Steelers topic on this board, all the time. This is the Browns Board, and the Steelers are the Browns oldest and biggest rival. Even if the Steelers are big losers there should be an active thread even about that.

Do not the Steelers fans talk about their closest rivals on their boards (which I never patronize). Idiots in the national media like to talk about the Steelers/Ravens rivalry.....simply because those two teams have dominated the division for a decade now.

Don't Steeler fan boards talk about your rivalry with the Ravens? Or is it still the Browns/Steeler rivalry that dominates any "rivalry" discussion? I have a suspicion that it is. So, tell us, from your perspective.....do you not think "rivalry" talk should be a subject for discussion?

I mean, the Browns have been at the shit end of both rivalries (Steelers/Ravens), but we have no qualms about talking about those rivalries. I venture to say that if things were as lopsided the other way that Steeler fans would be completely mum about it, yes, or no?

You didn't even watch the damn game if you are criticizing Antonio brown. The offensive line also isn't a problem. Ben was hanging on to the ball. You act like the bucs have a bad defensive line. How many high draft picks are there? And Michael Johnson has always given the steelers fits. Bottom line is the steelers far too often play down to the competition. 115 yards in penalties is all the needs to be said.

No, they are not playing down to the competition, they are just down and playing on par with their capabilities.

But I am sure in your and other Steeler fans minds you are going to get healthy now with your next two games vs. the Jags and Browns.. This is supposed to be the "weak" part of the Steelers schedule....3 guaranteed wins in row vs. Bucs/Jags/Browns. Maybe not.

You're an idiot. Brown just broke an NFL record today for most consecutive games with 5 or more catches. Finished with 7 for 131 and two TD's and Ben doesn't trust him with the football? Which paint chips are your favorite? Sherwin Williams or valaspar? Terrible loss with too many penalties and tentative play calls by Haley to close out our final offensive drive. You have to win those games at home and they didn't. We'll see if they rebound.

This is the way it is in much of the NFL these days....one play makes all the difference.....expecially when supposedly "mediocre" teams play each other. The Steeler make (or the Browns fail to make) one play that is the difference in that game. Same here, the Bucs make (or the Steelers fail to make) one play that is the difference in that game.

The Browns have lost two "one play" games, and won one "one play" game.

That is your current situation. You will have to live on that edge. Fall off if you can.

The Steelers have become an ordinary team, and if we're being honest, their fans are really fucking weird. To me, they are akin to aliens who landed here and just happened to wind up in Pittsburgh.

Until Knoll had the fortunate almost miracle level draft and won 4 SB in 6 years, the Steelers couldn't draw flies to a shit pile. Also being honest, Cowher's fiery style and success rekindled a lot of Steeler fanship. Back around 1990 I was in a conference in Pittsburgh. I secured 10 tickets for the MNF against I believe it was Cincy. The Steelers were still in the playoff hunt and the stadium was a ghost town........... I don't believe they drew 45,000 fans................. which of course to Steeler assholes is STILL a good crowd and a sellout. Fucking Retards.

I hear a lot about "the great Steeler system" but we are seeing that without Cowher the "Steeler System" isn't much to write home about.

Which brings us to the remainder of this decade. Roethlisberger is getting long in the tooth and there is not a fresh crop of rookies waiting in the wings to rebirth Blitzburgh. Since 1999 the Browns have struggled yet continue to put more fans in the seats than the Steelers.

Did you know that in the Browns worst of times before 1999, that would be the Nick Skorich era, when the Browns only won three games, home field attendance for the Browns was BETTER than Steeler home attendance for ALL FOUR NOLL SB SEASONS.

Now, the Steeler fucktard will lament " Oooh, ooooh, ooooh...... we gotz more continuous sellouts than anyone else". That is like the guy who only asks sloppy women on a date and then brags that no woman has ever turned him down.

Listen up assholes........... in it's heyday, Three Sewers Stadium only held 63,000 fans (59,000 when it was built). My point? Simple, an NFL "sellout" is 90% of maximum capacity. That means these booger eating, cow-fucking village idiots only had to sell 56,700 tickets to be able to brag about a sellout.

After the words "playoff and superbowl" the average Steeler fan can't tell you shit about football. They don't know about their teams heritage and I GUARANTEE YOU, when the team further slides, and with Titty Head Tomlin,,, IT WILL............. you will not only see empty seats in Hienze Dump, but all the fucktards running around with Steeler items will be switching to a new team.

Steeler support is soft, it always has been. Fuck the Pittsburgh Steelers and Fuck Steeler fans. I am glad you cocksuckers lost and yes....... I realize what I am saying............ I am glad your glory hole hosting players got hurt.

Fuck the Steelers.

Well, the Browns drew more fans than the Steelers because they did have a much smaller stadium. Cleveland Muni had a capacity of like 80,000 and 3 Rivers only held about 59,000 actually. So the Browns could always have a larger crowd than Pittsburgh. Beyond that, who am I to disagree with Ghoolie? Even with all their titles and playoff appearances the Browns...in general had a lower no show rate than the Steelers. Have the Steelers sold out all those games? Sure. Have those ticket holders often failed to show up? Yes, occasionally in droves. In the 80s in a few games they had as much as a 25-30% no show rate. Even now I believe their no show rate is worse than the Browns.

couldn't get the first down to seal the victory. that was what doomed the stoolers.

And us? I mean, I'm all for laughing at the steelers, but it's a bit hypocritical to point out things that both teams have done as a reason why they suck while maintaining we don't.

And us? I mean, I'm all for laughing at the steelers, but it's a bit hypocritical to point out things that both teams have done as a reason why they suck while maintaining we don't.

Not really hypocrisy. Most of us accept and know that the Browns haven't been good and can deal with it. Its no secret.

But we HAVE endured constant mocking and baiting from a select group of Steeler fans who seem to gain some satisfaction from picking on us. It's as if THEY believe they are the ones responsible for good Steeler teams and WE are the ones responsible for bad Browns teams. And VAG is right there at the top of the bugger list. Now their team is as bad(or worse) than our team. And it's only fair play to send a little shit back at them. Of course, VAG showed his true colors yesterday, by crying like a baby, then asking the mods to help him out, then actually threatening to show up at the tailgate and harm someone. Of course, he deleted that post(puss) before he stomped out the door(it was sweet).

I think he should be banned for life for threatening physical harm to other members here. Im not the one who makes the rules here, but what's it take to get banned if threats from Stooler fans are allowed???

Archived