THE BROWNS BOARD

Squealing Steelers

gftChris

The one odd-positive thing about the Browns losing and the Steelers winning...it's been easy to tell who the true Browns fans are. That soon will disappear.

I'm pretty sure Gip keeps a list...

God knows he has every other list imaginable... ;)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...

hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha

We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...

Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?

And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.

And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.

Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.

(and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)

Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion. The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.

hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha

We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...

Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh. I dont, my mom and sister refrain as well. My dad says it on occasion and it has a proper origin so it's less slang than people make it out to be..

And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.

Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

I don't argue with your math, though I may argue with your facts.The Browns have a much larger stadium. There is greater availability. If your numbers are right...that would be a big factor. But lets face it.....apparently the price of the secondary market for Steeler tickets must be too high, if you figures are correct.....because apparently no one is buying them.

You have an 11.2% no show rate in a very small stadium. The Browns have a 2.7% no show rate in a much larger stadium.

That is the bottom line.

The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.

OK, whatever......the point is....actually YES Steeler fans ARE throwing money away. They aren't going to games they paid for at a rate 4 times higher than Browns fans.

And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.

Well, you got a couple of things right: I am hysterical, and I am God's gift to humanity.

But, honestly Sonny Jim, you really don't think you are up to a slam contest with me do you? You know this board, they wouldn't censor you for a simple insult. That is a pure excuse for inferiority in that realm.

Well, you got a couple of things right: I am hysterical, and I am God's gift to humanity.

But, honestly Sonny Jim, you really don't think you are up to a slam contest with me do you? You know this board, they wouldn't censor you for a simple insult. That is a pure excuse for inferiority in that realm.

I don't have cheerleaders here. You do

I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.

That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

I'd be tempted to make those tickets an 'opt-in' for season ticket holders. So for each game you can say "yes I'll be there" and if you hear nothing by Saturday night,you give the tickets away.

Awesome the browns do that and I totally agree. However I still stand by the fact that steelers tickets aren't cheap as a reason for the no show rate being near 12%. Although because the steelers have been in a lull period I'm sure that isn't helping either. Pittsburgh fans have been spoiled rotten.

I don't have cheerleaders here. You do

What I have are people that recognize how thorough, accurate, knowledgeable I am. And how humorous I can be, and how my rapier like wit can rape you with sarcasm.

If you want to call them cheerleaders, perhaps it is because they know the winning side.

Besides...I actually DO have a cheerleader on my side. My daughter is the lead cheerleader for her college team.

Screen%2BShot%2B2013-09-20%2Bat%2B11.25.

Awesome the browns do that and I totally agree. However I still stand by the fact that steelers tickets aren't cheap as a reason for the no show rate being near 12%. Although because the steelers have been in a lull period I'm sure that isn't helping either. Pittsburgh fans have been spoiled rotten.

Except though, I think that no show rate goes back to years even when they were championship contenders. (though I am not sure where to get the data.....maybe ESPN archives).

No, I think Ghoolie is right. Support for the Steelers is really soft.

Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.

I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.

Bleachers? I forgot they added those this season or I at least think they did. Link me to the tickets.

What I have are people that recognize how thorough, accurate, knowledgeable I am. And how humorous I can be, and how my rapier like wit can rape you with sarcasm.

If you want to call them cheerleaders, perhaps it is because they know the winning side.

Besides...I actually DO have a cheerleader on my side. My daughter is the lead cheerleader for her college team.

Screen%2BShot%2B2013-09-20%2Bat%2B11.25.

Gipper I'm not the one that should break it to you but unless you are always sarcastic you're never witty. If you were a steelers fan you would have been run off this board a long time ago. Self inflated opinion. You are the poster child.

Gipper I'm not the one that should break it to you but unless you are always sarcastic you're never witty. If you were a steelers fan you would have been run off this board a long time ago. Self inflated opinion. You are the poster child.

I am the wittiest guy you are likely to ever run into....except for Westside Steve. I could unleash him upon you. But unlike me, he would give no thought to you. To him you would just be lint....or a bottle cap. (see what I did there Steve?) Anyway most of my wit goes right over your head. You are just too obtuse to recognize it.

Funny thing though...see, most people think I am self depracating. Perhaps you are, as I said, too thick to appreciate it all. That is a more likely scenario.

Go to seat geek.

Then click where it says sort by, then click price. Scroll down a couple listings.

Some on e bay 4 tickets for 17.50.

You guys have been talking about these cheap seats available for the Steelers game just about all day now....and they are still there.

Does that tell you something?

No one if falling over themselves even to buy 18 dollar seats to the Steeler game.

You guys have been talking about these cheap seats available for the Steelers game just about all day now....and they are still there.

Does that tell you something?

No one if falling over themselves even to buy 18 dollar seats to the Steeler game.

It is a Monday night game against the Texans. If I had to make an argument to not want to go.

The 18 dollar ticket does not exist and if it did at any point its because its on eBay as you said and the bidding is open with a reserve price. Cheapest I've been able to find is 70 per. You've failed.

I am the wittiest guy you are likely to ever run into....except for Westside Steve. I could unleash him upon you. But unlike me, he would give no thought to you. To him you would just be lint....or a bottle cap. (see what I did there Steve?) Anyway most of my wit goes right over your head. You are just too obtuse to recognize it.

Funny thing though...see, most people think I am self depracating. Perhaps you are, as I said, too thick to appreciate it all. That is a more likely scenario.

Its possible its because we don't know one another in person but your sarcasm and wit does not translate to an internet message board. I'd bet my worldly possessions we would get a long great in person. You're a bit of a pretentious golden oldie on this message board.

Archived