THE BROWNS BOARD

John Football Excuses Forum....

cdl15

I don't see a scenario where absolute suckage is a good thing for Johnny.

Lmao. If must be mid-week, because my anger is turning to laughter. By Friday I will have elfboy routing DA and the Panthers in a shootout.

Z

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Football....I really feel bad for this kid. I've never in my life, seen the national media, pile on, and make a joke of any other particular athlete, for having a bad game.

The bigger they are...

This might be good for Manziel.

Attaboy... I also heard that JM did not nail the Snickers commercial in one take... and look how that turned out.

Lmao. If must be mid-week, because my anger is turning to laughter. By Friday I will have elfboy routing DA and the Panthers in a shootout.

LOL... talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

Bad game plan. Bad coaching. Bad play by offense and defense. They're definitely not ready for prime time.

what did they do in primetime this year? yeah beat the shit out of the bengals.

again shows that you know nothing. now get on your broom and ride the fuck out of here beotch.

what did they do in primetime this year? yeah beat the shit out of the bengals.

again shows that you know nothing. now get on your broom and ride the fuck out of here beotch.

If we got flexed into a second primetime against the Bengals we probably would a beat them :-P.

I don't know what's with that team but the lights come on and they can't beat anybody. Usually that fires guys up.

However there is a younger brother still in HS and rumor has it he will be the best of the bunch barring serious injury. Given how good Jake is that will be hard to follow. Freshman Luke Matthews is a 6'3" 290 lb. OT. starting for Mo. City (Elkins) in Tx.

Them Mathews have the best football genes ever! They should start selling sperm.

This might be good for Manziel. Imagine if he came in and lit it up right away? ...... Realize that he has to stop the parting, mature and work his ass off in the off season.

Yeah, just imagine. I guess thats all we get to do for the moment.

Wont even comment much on the whole partying and maturity part, as we have been saying that the whole time.

And the idea that him playing bad bad football is somehow good is insane.

I don't see a scenario where absolute suckage is a good thing for Johnny.

Im still looking for said scenario too....

Lmao. If must be mid-week, because my anger is turning to laughter.

Anger?....not necessary.....disappointment will suffice...

The bigger they are...

....the better they see the field?

....the higher they get picked?

....the more Snickers they get?

Anger?....not necessary.....disappointment will suffice...

Sorry, but I get angry when the Browns lose and I've been livid for three weeks with increasing intensity.

I'm disappointed when a dog pees on the carpet. I'm angry when the Browns play like pussies.

Zombo

Well since the Browns have given up on Johnny already I guess it's time to supply another future QB to "save" the Browns. Kyler Murray will be playing for his 3rd straight Highest Division (6A) championship tomorrow evening in Jerryworld. He has been the starting QB every game since he started as a soph and has never lost one single game. They were talking last night that if he wins that game he will likely go down as the greatest player ever in Texas HS football history. And all 3 before he is even 17 1/2 years old (first one at 15 1/2).

Maybe the Browns can sign him out of HS and use those college years to "develop" him. That would include growing him to 6'5" 235 lbs. from his current 5'10" 180 lbs. :D :D

That lighten up your Friday for you Z? :lol:

Well since the Browns have given up on Johnny already I guess it's time to supply another future QB to "save" the Browns. Kyler Murray will be playing for his 3rd straight Highest Division (6A) championship tomorrow evening in Jerryworld. He has been the starting QB every game since he started as a soph and has never lost one single game. They were talking last night that if he wins that game he will likely go down as the greatest player ever in Texas HS football history. And all 3 before he is even 17 1/2 years old (first one at 15 1/2).

Maybe the Browns can sign him out of HS and use those college years to "develop" him. That would include growing him to 6'5" 235 lbs. from his current 5'10" 180 lbs. :D :D

That lighten up your Friday for you Z? :lol:

Hilarious :))

Because we've always wanted a 5'-10" - best ever - HS quarterback from Texas......wait just one minute!!??!!

I just hope johnny eats a snickers before the game on Sunday

"Sometimes you're not yourself..."

So obvious... yet overlooked by so many.

Kudos..

I'm kind of surprised people are shocked by the ripping Johnny is taking. Was anyone paying attention to all the heat Hoyer has taken this season? There were some proclaiming him dead in the water before the season even started. This is a guy who is from Cleveland. A guy who has won more games for us than he has lost. A guy who took it to two of our division rivals and if not for special teams failures had the third one in hand. This fan base is notorious for lambasting a QB the minute he starts to struggle. Just ask any of the previous 19 of them since the return in 99. Johnny comes out and shits the bed THAT bad and he's expected to be given slack? Good luck with that. That was the worst display of QB play I've ever seen and I've watched Weeden, Frye, and Quinn. I honest to God never thought I'd see a worse INT than Flipper threw until Johnny floated that one into the end zone.

It's a complete cop out to blame the rest of the team for his performance. It's o line is the same o line Brian has been playing with. The reason they looked so much worse with Johnny back there is because of Johnny. I do recall everyone saying how bad the o line was in front of Weeden and then Brian came in and suddenly they didn't seem so bad. Its because the QB behind them had a much quicker release. That o line play was not ALL on them. Some of it, yes, but the majority of the reason they looked so bad was because of Johnny. The biggest and most important position on the field was the change made and that mess was the result.

I was totally against Brian being benched for that game. I understood why they felt the team needed a spark at the position, but felt it was not the right time, yet. The "spark" was more on the Bengals side than ours. The Bengals were licking their chops to get the first shot at Johnny Football. You can best believe they were ecstatic when they heard Hoyer had been benched. He had beaten them handily twice. They WANTED Johnny. I have never heard of a team benching their starting QB who had played well against all his division foes in a game against a division foe that we needed to win to stay in contention. Everyone can be mad at Joe Thomas for saying the truth, but the only thing benching Brian did was tell the rest of the tam that the improvements they made this season didn't matter anymore and the season was over.

Its because (Hoyer) had a much quicker release.

Good stuff... only a minor quibble with word choice. Rather than "release", I think you were going for "read".

While Hoyer's release may still be a tad quicker, JM's is not slow.

The issue is that where Hoyer made reads and got the ball out on time to receivers breaking open, JM looked for open receivers and that takes longer.

O-linemen love quick decisions.

The money sign is absolutely meaningless.

Get over it.

Disagree... I think it's symptomatic of a lot of things, but can set that aside.

What cannot be set aside is the its impact on opponents. Bengals D talked about how the spector of that "meaningless" gesture pumped them up. That they did not want to see it and their play was driven by their desire to not see it.

It's permanent bulletin board material... even if there's nothing new to fuel the fire, there's "the money sign" to fall back upon.

Disagree... I think it's symptomatic of a lot of things, but can set that aside.

What cannot be set aside is the its impact on opponents. Bengals D talked about how the spector of that "meaningless" gesture pumped them up. That they did not want to see it and their play was driven by their desire to not see it.

It's permanent bulletin board material... even if there's nothing new to fuel the fire, there's "the money sign" to fall back upon.

Oh horse shit. You take it seriously because you don't like the kid. What pumped the Bengals up is the fact that we fuck them in the ass in their own house.

It also cost the Cincinnati morons at least one penalty.

WSS

Ive never been a fan of the whole dancing and endzone celebration thing, as I think it's fairly low class and is basically a "look at me" kind of thing.....but can't say it deeply bothers me or it affects the game that much...I just prefer modesty over egotism...

And it kind of looks stupid and a bit like gloating to me.

Probably doesnt change a game though...... "until" it gets a flag for taunting or extra celebration.

Last week it worked for us that Cinn got the flag. Maybe it will someday work against us. Maybe not. Who knows?

But IF or when it does work against us or draws a flag....be ready to hear a LOT about it.....

so it would piss you off if a Browns player made a touchdown and jumped up into the dog pound?

WSS

No...it wouldnt.....I think I clearly said it doesnt bother me either way(first paragraph, in case you missed it).....

I got no problem with players showing joy and getting excited and, yes, even jumping into the stands to celebrate with the fans...

But I also think thats an "in the moment" spontaneous kind of thing and a fairly genuine expression of excitement.......

as opposed to having a "trademark" celebration....ala the Icky Shuffle....or Money Sign....which is more of a planned/individual thing and nowhere near spontaneous....(more like a TO thing)

Whatever....Im not knocking the money sign or saying he should stop. it's his right to do it, so lets let him.....but I do have a right not to like it or think it's "cool"....no big deal there, just a personal preference.

Archived