THE BROWNS BOARD

John Football Excuses Forum....

cdl15

so it would piss you off if a Browns player made a touchdown and jumped up into the dog pound?

WSS

we get it. you're a performer so you stick up for performers. a little dance there a little money sign there. no problem. hell the whole team should break out the hammer dance in the end zone.

and when people don't like your the act and they get booed off the stage they either suck real bad or people just hate the act or they just don't understand it? but it has to be the fans not the performer's performance?

jumping into the stands is a celebration with the fans. doing a dance every time you sack someone can be a bit too much sometimes but it doesn't bother me. now doing any type of celebration dance is pretty dumb when you're down 42 points with 3 minutes to go.

manziel thought his act would translate to the pros. so far that hasn't happened. and all that money sign has done is make it a trend amongst opposing defensive players to use to mock him.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh horse shit. You take it seriously because you don't like the kid. What pumped the Bengals up is the fact that we fuck them in the ass in their own house.

It also cost the Cincinnati morons at least one penalty.

WSS

I'd say this right here pretty much proves Tour's point as being rather true.

Oh horse shit. You take it seriously because you don't like the kid. What pumped the Bengals up is the fact that we fuck them in the ass in their own house.

It also cost the Cincinnati morons at least one penalty.

Nope... no shit of any kind.

While I do not like "the kid's" behavior, that's different from not liking "the kid".

So as well as questioning what the Bengals said motivated them, you're questioning my motivation for what I said. Interesting...

Questioning anybody's motivations? Well maybe just a little. Maybe the Bengals without any chip on their shoulder and gotten beaten by a quarterback who doesn't make money signs. I'm sure it's possible but let's say I question it.

Sure they wanted to hand Johnny his ass, I bet dollars to dog shit they wanted to hand Brian Hoyer his too.

But if anybody tells me that the ass whipping in Cincinnati wasn't the driving factor I'll repeat horseshit.

And Mik, yes I do like a little flamboyance from my guys. If we'd won that game the whole crowd would have been on their feet making the money sign. Like the whole crowd bark like dogs. Any of you guys mad at Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield?

Anybody in Pittsburgh crying about the Terrible Towels since they might upset the opposition?

And as to questioning motives honestly tell me how many of the guys that are upset about Johnny and the money sign wanted to take him in the draft? I could be wrong...

WSS

Like the whole crowd bark like dogs. Any of you guys mad at Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield?

And as to questioning motives honestly tell me how many of the guys that are upset about Johnny and the money sign wanted to take him in the draft? I could be wrong...

Love the barking... I've barked myself. The barking is a group activity... it breeds solidarity.

I also loved the Dogs of the Defense poster.

Never saw either Hanford or Minnie get on all fours, raise their leg or do any other fool, look-at-me thing on the field.

As for your question...

Nope... did not want JM in the draft, not at #4 anyway and also not at #8... honestly or otherwise. Did not like "the sign" then, but it was so far down my list of reasons to not draft him that it's of little import.

My initial reaction at pick #22's announcement was "Oh, fuck!" As much as anything because I thought we reached. However, after hearing Farmer I became OK-ish with his selection... at least I talked myself into being OK with the selection.

Ever since I have waited for something to justify him at pick #22.

Maybe this Sunday? Something?

Now, Steve, tell me what the above says about me and why I posted what I did.

Merely that if you start from a position of disliking someone things they do will tend to annoy you more.

And I wouldn't put you in the junkyard dog category but in the I'm not going to root for this jerk until he proves something to me category.

And maybe I am the patron saint of lost quarterbacks. I tend to defend guys on our team when others give them shit.

WSS

Any of you guys mad at Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield? Anybody in Pittsburgh crying about the Terrible Towels since they might upset the opposition?

WSS

to your first point that was a team thing. not the individual 'look at me thing'. and it's not just the money sign. a guy makes a tackle and has to pose for the camera....i guess he's building his brand. lol.

and no i didn't want to draft a QB (@22). i'd rather have taken another player there and looked at some of the third round guys or not drafted a QB at all. just my opinion. i really didn't hear too much about manziel until the pre-draft talk. then they showed all the highlights and lowlights what have you. just didn't really care.........as long as we didn't take him. now that we have him i'll root for him BUT if you can tell me that he's done everything right up to this point to get himself ready to play then you belong on wall street.

oh btw try the money sign in east cleveland at 2 in the morning and see where that gets you.

oh btw try the money sign in east cleveland at 2 in the morning and see where that gets you.

I bark and throw batteries....much more effective

Johnny Football.... loved and hated for all the same reasons.....

hmmm, sounds like a country song...

I'll start by saying I for one, and I suspect very many more, thought it was a mistake to draft Manziel but we did. As for the money sign, the thing that pisses me off about that as apposed to the barking dawgs or the terrible towel is that the latter is team oriented rather than individually self serving. People spend their hard earned money to watch these guys play. When Manziels name was called he would have been better received had he flashed a "V" for victory or let out a "woof" or two. What he demonstrated was "I'm here for the money" It didn't sit well with me as I'm sure others. But I'm not too upset about it because if he keeps up this sideshow routine his next sign will read EXIT.

BO BROWNS !

If Manziel does bad this week, I'd trade him while there is still a shred of stock left on him. I know he wasn't the only problem Sunday, but I really don't see him succeeding in this league. I knew it before, but thought this time would be different. Pocket passer first, scrambler second. Playbook first, bail second. He chooses to scrap the play entirely if he sees a little hole, & if he doesn't see that whole, he holds onto the ball too long. Even if scrambling does work a little, it doesn't last in the NFL. Not worried about Cincy. In game one, they relied on Mr Mediocrity (Dalton) which, against our secondary is a bad idea. Last Sunday, their game plan was run it. Which is the Brown's Achilles heal. They adjusted properly, that's it. They'll lose in the playoffs for sure. My point, our secondary, & receivers will only get better, & next year with Mack back, the draft, & the fact that this team won't have a bunch of rookies or a newly assembled staff, our O & D lines should improve to an impressive level. Back to Johnny........ Trade him. Get a humble QB with NFL experience who can perform the job at a reasonable level.That's it... reasonable. Don't go for the home run. Even if it was a home run, Cleveland would find a way to foul it off. Don't get the hype man with zero NFL experience & call him the future. They did that before & it was a similar disaster. Pettine said himself that this results based league. So why put it on a guy who has yielded no results. If they ride Manziel out, they will waste the last shred of his worth until he is untrade-able. Build a great team around an experienced, modest, yet capable QB & it will work. A guy who can work the system, study the game & the up coming opponent, & execute the game plan they cone up with. Manning can do this by himself. Brady can do it with the cheater guiding him. Not saying they have to be as good as those guys, but someone who works like a computer program. Program him & he'll execute. Hoyer was ALMOST perfect for that gig, but his down fall was the inability to adjust when the game plan broke down. Manziel was supposed to be better at that, but when you can't execute the game plan, & move right to improvise mode with crappy results, there's nowhere to run. (no pun intended). two words... (Trent Richardson). didn't take long to realize he was barely getting more than a yard or 2 every touch.

Oh well there are dozens of players in the NFL that have a little celebration thing they do. They don't bother me. If they bother you guys oh well.

But the fact that East Cleveland is the closest thing we have to a third world shit hole has got jack shit to do with it.

By the way nobody complained about the victory dance Brian Hoyer did after he got a touchdown right? Oh yeah......

nevermind.

:D

WSS

when you hit the doors this morn at church they must be opening by themselves singing the praise of the good book and the paddy graces.

stick up for your player if you want. we all do it.

when he shites the bed just live it, she said, "stirring chicken soup...and a bang on the ear."

Johnny Football.... loved and hated for all the same reasons.....

Pretty much sums it up in one line, doesn't it?

Oh well there are dozens of players in the NFL that have a little celebration thing they do. They don't bother me. If they bother you guys oh well.

By the way nobody complained about the victory dance Brian Hoyer did after he got a touchdown right? Oh yeah......

First, have to be more charitable than that to sustain your Sainthood...

Second, some "celebrations" grate more than others.

The more egocentric the celebration, the more it grates me. The double thumb point to the name atop the back of the jersey is probably the most egregious in my book. The money sign is up there though.

Others like TY Hilton's "rock the baby" was cool as hell given his circumstance and that it may not be seen from him again... at least not for another 10 months anyway.

Then others are "fun". Been a while given the rule changes, but T.O. for as big an ass as he was had some of the best... not the sharpie one as much as the popcorn, the pompom and other simpler ones.

I guess the determining factor is the ratio of "look-at-me" to "damn-I'm-happy/let-me-entertain-you".

Oh I understand about the charitable thing as to my sainthood. I just had to make the joke.

You understand.

And it is absolutely no different from any other players victory celebration.

Remember Lee Trevino with the golf club sword bit whenever he hit a great shot?

WSS

Edit I never have and never will talk shit about Brian Hoyer the way many of these guys do about Johnny.

I guess the determining factor is the ratio of "look-at-me" to "damn-I'm-happy/let-me-entertain-you".

Thats it for me.....there are team oriented celebrations and "me" celebrations.....

Using the terrible towel and Dawg pound comparisons put forth earlier.....I would say those are both team & fan generated things.....the fans wave towels, not the players and the fans bark(now), not the players.....

Taking it one further, JFF says the $ sign was a team thing they all started doing together at A&M. Yet, it followed Johnny to Cleveland and didnt stay at A & M with the fans or other players....

Conversely, the Terrible Towel will always be in Pittsburg and if Hanford had left Cleveland, I guarantee they'd still be barking n Cleveland and Hanford wouldn't be barking in his new city.....just a hunch

But Mud one of the things these guys are bitching about it is that it pisses off the opposition. Do you think the Steelers love the sound of the dog pound? Browns fans cheer at the sight of those fucking yellow rags?

And the dog thing is a tradition started by Hanford and Minny and continues today. I wouldn't mind seeing the money sign stay in Cleveland after johnny has won a couple Super Bowls and retired.

;)

WSS

"These guys" are quoting Bengal players...

Youse guy is saying what he thinks is right... waste of Sainthood.

And the Terrible Towels are just piss-stained, Dolphin hankies... the original, waveable fan-cloths.

"Show ME the money" screams it's all about me. As much as I hate those snot rags, those are about the fans. The barking is about the fans. The Lambeau leap is about celebrating with the fans. As much as I respect Aaron Rodgers, IMO, he should not do his belt celebration. But Aaron has EARNED that right on the pro level. JFF doing that when he got drafted was about as inappropriate as it gets, IMO.

"These guys" are quoting Bengal players...

Youse guy is saying what he thinks is right... waste of Sainthood.

And the Terrible Towels are just piss-stained, Dolphin hankies... the original, waveable fan-cloths.

Ok have it your way. The beating in Cincinnati meant nothing to the Bengals and they probably would have laid down had it not been for the money sign. You win.

:D

WSS

But Mud one of the things these guys are bitching about it is that it pisses off the opposition. Do you think the Steelers love the sound of the dog pound? Browns fans cheer at the sight of those fucking yellow rags?

And the dog thing is a tradition started by Hanford and Minny and continues today. I wouldn't mind seeing the money sign stay in Cleveland after johnny has won a couple Super Bowls and retired.

;)

WSS

I get it and think celebration and team things are fine...barking, toweling, leaping and getting excited is all great stuff. I think the only place we differ is the individual vs team thing....me vs we....etc....

Like you said about the money sign "staying" in Cleveland....I would ask why it didnt stay in Texas?...or if his teammates here will adopt it as a Browns thing...because if they dont, it pretty much squares up what Ive been saying....

BUT, I will give in and say that... if Johnny starts scoring and his teammates start doing it....Im all in!

They're the dumbest thing ever.....never got it myself

Aaron has EARNED that right on the pro level

Coming from an accomplished player makes it at least a little tolerable....

so i just saw the A promo loop of the qbs when their game is mentioned. we all know it's done in front of a blue screen. and of course they put the subjects in the best light both literally and subjectively.

the forever move is to have the subject go from looking down to looking up into the camera lens. then it became a whole scene.

anyways, cam's was him doing a running/heisman trophy stance type thing and manziel's was just him doing the money sign.

weep wop.

Let's revisit the start of the discussion shall we? In response to another member Saint Steve posted:

The money sign is absolutely meaningless. Get over it. WSS

To which I replied:

Disagree... I think it's symptomatic of a lot of things, but can set that aside.

What cannot be set aside is the its impact on opponents. Bengals D talked about how the spector of that "meaningless" gesture pumped them up. That they did not want to see it and their play was driven by their desire to not see it.

It's permanent bulletin board material... even if there's nothing new to fuel the fire, there's "the money sign" to fall back upon.

And then...

It also cost the Cincinnati morons at least one penalty. WSS

So the only absolute position in the "discussion" belonged to The Saint.
The only attempt to label motivation for a position was by The Saint.

Steve, it was two divergent opinions.

All I ever said was that I disagree with yours.

There is no winning such a discussion, but, as you showed, you can lose it.

Go Browns...

Quote from CBS sports: The biggest surprise of all, though? The Browns are the THIRD best-selling team. In the NFL. Out of all the teams!

Yesterday, while Christmas shopping here in Houston, I saw Browns Throw blankets, Tervis mugs, jerseys, coffee cups and an assortment of other shit in stores like Bed Bath and Beyond, Academy, Sports Authority, places where I had never seen items before.

South Texas thinks the Browns are a bunch of losers, but who could blame them. The Texans are 5 and 3 against the Browns with their last loss in 2007. The Texans have been to the playoffs twice since then beating Cincy both times in the first round. To have all that gear in the stores is only due to Johnny. Texas folks love their football and are very knowledgeable and they know Johnny can play. Too bad we have a screw up at OC who rode along on his dad's and Kubiac's coattails.

We will see in a few minutes if he can play - Oh wait, the wife pulled the Sunday ticket so I guess I won't see and the Texans are at home.

Quote from CBS sports: The biggest surprise of all, though? The Browns are the THIRD best-selling team. In the NFL. Out of all the teams!

Yesterday, while Christmas shopping here in Houston, I saw Browns Throw blankets, Tervis mugs, jerseys, coffee cups and an assortment of other shit in stores like Bed Bath and Beyond, Academy, Sports Authority, places where I had never seen items before.

South Texas thinks the Browns are a bunch of losers, but who could blame them. The Texans are 5 and 3 against the Browns with their last loss in 2007. The Texans have been to the playoffs twice since then beating Cincy both times in the first round. To have all that gear in the stores is only due to Johnny. Texas folks love their football and are very knowledgeable and they know Johnny can play. Too bad we have a screw up at OC who rode along on his dad's and Kubiac's coattails.

We will see in a few minutes if he can play - Oh wait, the wife pulled the Sunday ticket so I guess I won't see and the Texans are at home.

The browns have a big traveling fan base. Not all that surprising.

This might be good for Manziel. Imagine if he came in and lit it up right away? Look at RG3. He came in, was great and was given the key to the city. Look at him now, complete mess. Look at Kap, he looks horrible after looking so great last season. Might be good for Manziel to shit down his leg these final games. Realize that he has to stop the parting, mature and work his ass off in the off season.

You are Retarded...

This is the NFL. He is who we think he is.

Archived