THE BROWNS BOARD

John Football Excuses Forum....

cdl15

I wanted Manziel to succeed because if he did then the Browns do. I wanted to see Pettine put in Manziel in the fourth quarter of the Colts game as I thought he could do no worse than Hoyer and might give the team a spark. That game was so winnable with just a little bit of offense. I was wrong. Pettine was keeping the better qb in the game with Hoyer. I have to believe Haslam pretty much made the decision to take Manziel. I read where the Browns had done some $100,000 study on quarterbacks in the NFL in the last 20 years and what qb to take in the draft and that person was Teddy Bridge water whom they passed on for Manziel. Why would you even do a study like that and not follow the recommendation?

They did it to see if Manziel would be on top of that list, and if he is….it would be an easy sell to take him in the top 5. It just so happened that Bridgewater was the guy that turned up. Doh!

Based on reported news on how Cleveland handled Bridgewater during the interviews and combine, it was pretty obvious they never wanted him here. If they would had embraced him from day one, Bridgewater would had been here and starting for us. The irony of being a Browns fan….

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see the Browns be a little wiser. It makes no sense to have a $100,000 study only to ignore the findings of that study. SMH. I have seen this before with owners that see a signing of a high celebrity player like Manziel as bringing fans to the stadium but that is only thinking in the short term and not the long term.

An analogy would be a person paying a respected attorney $100,000 for legal advice then ignoring it because that is not what the person wanted to hear. Might as well have saved the 100 grand and just do what you wanted to do all along but of course then you may have to pay a price for not listening to your high priced attorney.

Bridgewater didn't want to be here. It would've affected his play and the Browns players around him.

Who knows the real reason why Manziel was chosen, all we have is speculation and bullshit to go on, but he's here and that's that.

Now, what to do after this last game in BLT? If they sign Hoyer, let's strengthen up the team everywhere else needed and roll into next year. Why the hell not, it's worked elsewhere for great teams with OK QBs.

Bridgewater didn't want to be here. It would've affected his play and the Browns players around him.

Who knows the real reason why Manziel was chosen, all we have is speculation and bullshit to go on, but he's here and that's that.

Now, what to do after this last game in BLT? If they sign Hoyer, let's strengthen up the team everywhere else needed and roll into next year. Why the hell not, it's worked elsewhere for great teams with OK QBs.

No matter who plays quarterback we need to spend whatever pics we have to make the team stronger which will make the quarterback better. By the way look at the quarterback power ranking I posted. Yes as of his six bad quarters of play Johnny is number 31

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2300180-nfl-quarterback-power-rankings-post-week-15 1

Who wanted Blake Bortles? Come on all you hindsight fans!

WSS

My grandson's school bus driver and (Bengal fan) gives me the money sign every morning at the bus stop.

I assume there's a school bus full of kids that also learned a new finger gesture...

If they would had embraced him from day one, Bridgewater would had been here and starting for us.

Ah... the "study". Had forgotten about that. Completed before TB's pro day?

Not sold on TB yet, but he's shown promise on a not very good team.

No matter who plays quarterback we need to spend whatever pics we have to make the team stronger which will make the quarterback better. By the way look at the quarterback power ranking I posted. Yes as of his six bad quarters of play Johnny is number 31

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2300180-nfl-quarterback-power-rankings-post-week-15 1

*Raises hand*

Bortles pressed into service for an inferior team to us. JM groomed for 14 weeks.

"These rankings factor in several major attributes for the quarterback position. Personal observation and opinion play a key role."

Derp...

*Raises hand*

Bortles pressed into service for an inferior team to us. JM groomed for 14 weeks.

"These rankings factor in several major attributes for the quarterback position. Personal observation and opinion play a key role."

Derp...

Lol

Right

BTW Brian Hoyer was number 28 when he got pulled. After how many seasons of grooming and how many starts in the NFL?

Derp I'm assuming it is some sort of derogatory slang?

WSS

BTW Brian Hoyer was number 28 when he got pulled. After how many seasons of grooming and how many starts in the NFL?

Derp I'm assuming it is some sort of derogatory slang?

Hmmmmm... 3 slots higher on an arbitrary list... I'll go with 3 more years of grooming. How'd I do?

Derp...

And as we both freely admit thanks to injuries they are not an inferior team to the Cleveland Browns. In week 4 or 5 they probably were but now I'd say we're near the bottom.

I freely admitted what? When? Where?

WSS

I wanted Blake Bortles. And he'll still be a much better QB than any other of this draft class.

Look if any of you guys seriously believe the money sign was a bigger motivation than the humiliation they took on their home field I say you're crazy. But the hatred runs so deep there's no point in arguing with you.

WSS

I'd say it's more like disgust. I don't know the boy personally, so it'd be unfair to say I hate him. and regardless of what motivated the Bengals, it's a fact that Manziel has absolutely no one to blame but himself for the bad image he already has (earned) and always will have unless he miraculously lights it up next year. But it would take NFL caliber talent to achieve that. And unlike you apparently, I'm not willing to bet my mortgage on that one.

I'd say it's more like disgust. I don't know the boy personally, so it'd be unfair to say I hate him. and regardless of what motivated the Bengals, it's a fact that Manziel has absolutely no one to blame but himself for the bad image he already has (earned) and always will have unless he miraculously lights it up next year. But it would take NFL caliber talent to achieve that. And unlike you apparently, I'm not willing to bet my mortgage on that one.

How many times did he go out partying this year?

is there an over/under involved with this question?

It's a serious question.

Going into this year, the concern was that he would be out partying every night and getting into shenanigans. As we draw to the end of the season, the only "issue" during the season was when some drunk fan approached him in his own hotel/apartment building.

The media tried to overhype Manziel going to a Cavs game or showing up 10 minutes before his 11:00 AM deadline...but those are non-issues. His off-the field problems were like his on-the-field production...nonexistent.

Can we finally put the shit the rest that he's a media-hungry off-the-field concern shitty locker room cancer?

He fucking partied in college...he just did it better than any of you. Don't get butthurt over that. Get butthurt that he can't read a defense, he is paranoid in the pocket, he scrambles rather than stepping up...but not that he partied while in college.

Worst performance by the team since weeds? Absolutely. Hoyer wins that game or even makes it close? Absolutely not. We played like shit all the way around

We've got seriously the worst fans ever. Myself included. We turn on people so goddamn quickly. I think this game showed Hoyer was far from failing on his own. That being said at least Johnny didn't throw everyone else under the bus at his post game presser.

we should have stayed with hoyer all the way...look, the guy barely has 1 yr experience under his belt...all the injuries.to the team..give me a friggin break, this organization sucks the big dong...now we have no qb...before hoyer goes, i hope he throws for 4 td's this weekend against the ravens as his goodbye present..

Can we finally put the shit the rest that he's a media-hungry off-the-field concern shitty locker room cancer?

Can we at least wait until Camp 2015?

And I believe the answer to your query was twice...

- Lobby-gate; and

- during the bye week.

Did I win?

How many times did he go out partying this year?

Who gives a shit? He's admitted to not preparing like the best qbs, i.e. he doesn't want to work to be the best qb there is. Id prefer a guy who wants and has the desire to be the best he can. He's already earned a shitty reputation, gonna take a while to over come that.

But most importantly he sucks ass as an NFL qb. He has almost no desirable skills and has awful instincts.

He fucking partied in college...he just did it better than any of you. Don't get butthurt over that. Get butthurt that he can't read a defense, he is paranoid in the pocket, he scrambles rather than stepping up...but not that he partied while in college.

I don't give a shit if he parties now. He doesn't understand the concept of a pocket and plays scared. I'm not sure any playbook can solve that..

He fucking partied in college...he just did it better than any of you.

really? if he partied and backed up his game with some semblance of a nfl qb looking drive here or there and maybe a win no one would give a shit....and i still don't. he built his own machine and now he's fallen under it and it's running over him.

you liked bortles. great. i agreed thinking the only one that might be better was david carr (along with PoG).

manziel a locker room cancer? no. manziel a nfl bullshitter? hell yeah.

Hmmmmm... 3 slots higher on an arbitrary list... I'll go with 3 more years of grooming. How'd I do?

Derp...

I freely admitted what? When? Where?

Ok I apologize. So I'm the only one on this whole board that thinks injurious took a toll on the team and made it harder for the quarterback, whoever the fuck he was, to shine. I stand corrected.

WSS

I'm the only one on this whole board that thinks injurious took a toll on the team and made it harder for the quarterback, whoever the fuck he was

WSS

not the only one at all.

you are now preaching to this choir.

no OL, no running game=opposing defenses rush 3-4 guys and stuff our offense like a turducken.

Can we at least wait until Camp 2015?

And I believe the answer to your query was twice...

- Lobby-gate; and

- during the bye week.

Did I win?

Lobby-gate is about as much of an issue as the almost fistfight I got into at the Panthers game. It was a drunk person running their mouth, that's it.

Maybe I just blocked it out, but I don't remember Manziel doing anything during the bye week except going to the A&M game.

Who gives a shit? He's admitted to not preparing like the best qbs, i.e. he doesn't want to work to be the best qb there is. Id prefer a guy who wants and has the desire to be the best he can. He's already earned a shitty reputation, gonna take a while to over come that.

But most importantly he sucks ass as an NFL qb. He has almost no desirable skills and has awful instincts.

I didn't realize you can infer someone's motivations based off of an admission. When I was 8, I admitted to stealing a Pokemon card from my friend. Should have locked my up then, I didn't want to be a non-stealer.

I don't give a shit if he parties now. He doesn't understand the concept of a pocket and plays scared. I'm not sure any playbook can solve that..

Thank you. That's my point.

If you want to shit talk, shit talk the empirical proof that he didn't help us win games on the field.

really? if he partied and backed up his game with some semblance of a nfl qb looking drive here or there and maybe a win no one would give a shit....and i still don't. he built his own machine and now he's fallen under it and it's running over him.

you liked bortles. great. i agreed thinking the only one that might be better was david carr (along with PoG).

manziel a locker room cancer? no. manziel a nfl bullshitter? hell yeah.

But the point is that he didn't party...and he didn't back up his game. People are STILL complaining about his off-the-field issues, yet there haven't been any. He built no machine. The media built that machine and you fuckers just loved feeding into it. He kept his head down, by all accounts he worked hard in practice and in the film room and he still sucked.

So, talk about how he looks paranoid in the pocket. Talk about how he can't read a defense.Talk about how his skills probably don't transfer to the NFL. But don't talk about how he deserves to look shitty because he didn't prepare and he "built this machine".

You're all the reason MKC still has a job, and that's completely unforgivable.

not the only one at all.

you are now preaching to this choir.

no OL, no running game=opposing defenses rush 3-4 guys and stuff our offense like a turducken.

the reason for that comment is that I was under the impression that tour and I admitted that and we're on the same page. He seemed incredulous when I said that so...

WSS

If you want to shit talk, shit talk the empirical proof that he didn't help us win games on the field.

But the point is that he didn't party...and he didn't back up his game. People are STILL complaining about his off-the-field issues, yet there haven't been any. He built no machine. The media built that machine and you fuckers just loved feeding into it. He kept his head down, by all accounts he worked hard in practice and in the film room and he still sucked.

So, talk about how he looks paranoid in the pocket. Talk about how he can't read a defense.Talk about how his skills probably don't transfer to the NFL. But don't talk about how he deserves to look shitty because he didn't prepare and he "built this machine".

You're all the reason MKC still has a job, and that's completely unforgivable.

the media twisted his arm during his collegiate career and made him come up with his patented 'money sign'? they twisted his arm to do commercials and magazine covers?

that's the machine he and his agent have built.

yeah that big yellow road grater coming his way......oops!

shoulda been a matador. right size and race.

the media twisted his arm during his collegiate career and made him come up with his patented 'money sign'? they twisted his arm to do commercials and magazine covers?

that's the machine he and his agent have built.

yeah that big yellow road grater coming his way......oops!

shoulda been a matador. right size and race.

You're a fucking idiot, dude. There's no point.

Ok I apologize. So I'm the only one on this whole board that thinks injurious took a toll on the team and made it harder for the quarterback, whoever the fuck he was, to shine. I stand corrected.

the reason for that comment is that I was under the impression that tour and I admitted that and we're on the same page. He seemed incredulous when I said that so...

Steve, had you said "we agree that the Browns have been made worse by injuries," of course we'd have agreed. But you did not. You said, "And as we both freely admit thanks to injuries (JAX is) not an inferior team to the Cleveland Browns."

Of course I've maintained that the Browns have been hurt by injuries. However, I have never made the case that we are worse than JAX. That is all.

And before you ask... don't bother asking.

Valid points for the most part... but time put in does not equal worked hard. That's like attending class but never doing homework. I've read a couple accounts to that effect. So I believe there is an off-field connection, even if it does not involve swan diving.

I believe JM did not understand and/or was not willing the effort required to QB at the NFL level. If true, it naturally follows that he did not put forth the required discretionary effort. It matters not what he did with that time that effort would have required, if it did not go towards preparing him for the NFL.

Watching the physical shell of Peyton Manning last nite I could not help but think that for all his well-into-the-second-decade NFL experience here's a guy that still puts in more quality prep hours in a week than any other QBs in the league.

Watching JM I get the feeling he truly believed he'd waltz in as is and "wreck this league".

The only questions left are:

- Does JM now truly understand what it takes?

- Is he willing to pay that price?

- Is it too late?

Won't know those answers for at least 8 months.

Archived