THE BROWNS BOARD

John Football Excuses Forum....

cdl15

I fully expect Manziel with the team next year, and probably as a starter. I mean, I see some improvement, but his development is happening at a jurassic pace. With that said, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a third round QB or resigning Hoyer as a backup.

I'd rather use our two first on another OL, a NT, and a safety (Landon Collins?) in the first two rounds. I take pride in the fact that next year, we may very well have the best secondary in the league.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, because in the NFL you don't draft a QB with the 22nd pick and give them 3 career starts. They'll want to see how he progresses through mini-camps, training camp and the preseason. Then when he's 2-6 with flashes of mediocrity and pretty much horrible play, they'll move on.

Really, are you in the team brass meetings?

You can bet your ass there will be a veteran in training camp and Johnny will not be presumed anything.

Zombo

Really, are you in the team brass meetings?

You can bet your ass there will be a veteran in training camp and Johnny will not be presumed anything.

Zombo

That's the reality of the NFL. Geno Smith and EJ Manual are both horrible but based on their draft status they keep getting opportunities. No true veteran worth anything is going to come in and "compete" with Manziel.

That's the reality of the NFL. Geno Smith and EJ Manual are both horrible but based on their draft status they keep getting opportunities. No true veteran worth anything is going to come in and "compete" with Manziel.

and both their teams signs veterans and then pulled them to play the veterans....they surely didn't "get the season to prove themselves", so to speak....

Every veteran without a #1 job will lick their chops at Cleveland.

Manziel will not be handed anything.

Let's just hope he feels "100%" when the competition starts, or maybe he'll just concede it.

Zombo

and both their teams signs veterans and then pulled them to play the veterans....they surely didn't "get the season to prove themselves", so to speak....

Kyle Orton and Michael Vick, they are going nowhere fast.

Geno Smith started 27 games in 2 years 10-17

EJ Manuel started 14 games in 2 years 6-8

I applaud the Bills for realizing 10 games last year and 4 this year were enough with EJ but make no mistake 3 games won't be enough for Manziel

Like Christian Ponder or Jake Locker?

What about them? Did they score three points in six quarters as a starter, then strain their vagina, go to the sidelines, and then get handed the job the next year?

Zombo

Let's revisit the start of the discussion shall we? In response to another member Saint Steve posted:

To which I replied:

And then...

So the only absolute position in the "discussion" belonged to The Saint.

The only attempt to label motivation for a position was by The Saint.

Go Browns...

Thanks for realizing that.

:D

WSS

Well guess who looks like JF today. Andrew Luck is down 35-0 at the end of the 3rd. He is 15/22, 109 yds. and 2 interceptions and now at least 1 fumble. Dallas now has the ball after this last fumble to start the 3rd on the Colts' 38.

Well guess who looks like JF today. Andrew Luck is down 35-0 at the end of the 3rd. He is 15/22, 109 yds. and 2 interceptions and now at least 1 fumble. Dallas now has the ball after this last fumble to start the 3rd on the Colts' 38.

yes. Thats it! Jf is just like Andrew Luck!

Idiotic

Luck has his issues, but he is without Hilton and every other receiver has several drops today. Good luck hosting the seahawks in the first round. You will need it...

Sorry but that's just an idiotic post. Luck has proven that he can play in the NFL. Johnny has so far proven he cannot.

You can have a bad game if you make the playoffs and the Pro Bowl every year you are a starter and set records in a playoff win.

If you get 3 points in two starts amd then go back to the bench you arent quite as credible.

Z

Oh horse shit. You take it seriously because you don't like the kid. What pumped the Bengals up is the fact that we fuck them in the ass in their own house.

It also cost the Cincinnati morons at least one penalty.

WSS

I think they'll trade one penalty for a very motivated 30-0 smack down of Johnny and the boys every day of the week. And yes, I take it very seriously. If you're gonna be flashing money signs, it might be a good idea to actually have a little bit of talent and stones to back it up.

If you're gonna be flashing money signs, it might be a good idea to actually have a little bit of talent and stones to back it up.

had the annual xmas blast on saturday and saw my bill's neighbor.

usually he screams out manziel to me and i scream back watkins. without even saying a word he flashes the money sign to me at which point i pull out an empty front pocket at him.

understand yet?

I think they'll trade one penalty for a very motivated 30-0 smack down of Johnny and the boys every day of the week. And yes, I take it very seriously. If you're gonna be flashing money signs, it might be a good idea to actually have a little bit of talent and stones to back it up.

Look if any of you guys seriously believe the money sign was a bigger motivation than the humiliation they took on their home field I say you're crazy. But the hatred runs so deep there's no point in arguing with you.

WSS

Walter Football, as usual, nails it.

Manziel is garbage and just doesn't look like he belongs in the NFL. He could be out of the league in two years.

Seems like everyone who's on this forum defending JFF is taking "it" personally.. as though any suggestion that Manziel=trash is somehow an attack on them. News flash: Emotions may trump facts on Fox News.. but not here. Get over it.

My new first round: Best of DL/LB and QB. Second round is best of DL/LB/OL.

I wanted Manziel to succeed because if he did then the Browns do. I wanted to see Pettine put in Manziel in the fourth quarter of the Colts game as I thought he could do no worse than Hoyer and might give the team a spark. That game was so winnable with just a little bit of offense. I was wrong. Pettine was keeping the better qb in the game with Hoyer. I have to believe Haslam pretty much made the decision to take Manziel. I read where the Browns had done some $100,000 study on quarterbacks in the NFL in the last 20 years and what qb to take in the draft and that person was Teddy Bridge water whom they passed on for Manziel. Why would you even do a study like that and not follow the recommendation?

I wanted Manziel to succeed because if he did then the Browns do. I wanted to see Pettine put in Manziel in the fourth quarter of the Colts game as I thought he could do no worse than Hoyer and might give the team a spark. That game was so winnable with just a little bit of offense. I was wrong. Pettine was keeping the better qb in the game with Hoyer. I have to believe Haslam pretty much made the decision to take Manziel. I read where the Browns had done some $100,000 study on quarterbacks in the NFL in the last 20 years and what qb to take in the draft and that person was Teddy Twatwater whom they passed on for Manziel. Why would you even do a study like that and not follow the recommendation?

Because cocksucker Haslam wanted to sell tickets.

Archived