THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon suspended....again

LondonBrown

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a team that is lacking leadership. Something is not right about this team. Rookies under performing, calling teammates out in the media, offense undisciplined, defense giving up and players missing meetings.

Blame falls on the head coach for all that you listed

He has an attitude that I doubt any coach wants on his team. He will probably end up with the Raiders or Cincinnati.

Have to add the Patriots in there too. They have a track record of bringing in troublesome players and either brain washing them or hitting them in the head enough times to make them compliant. I could definitely see the Patriots looking to rip us off for him. They've done it enough times to other teams that I would not be surprised if they tried it here if he goes on the block.

Seems like a team that is lacking leadership. Something is not right about this team. Rookies under performing, calling teammates out in the media, offense undisciplined, defense giving up and players missing meetings.

Defense giving up? Did you watch the game last week?

Rookies are punks and deserved to be called out by the veterans, and deserve to be sat by the coaches.

I don't see anything wrong with how these coaches are handling things, seems to me like they are right on top of things as opposed to letting these punks get away with being punks.

You are trying to find an angle to make an excuse for Manziel.

He just sucked, plain and simple and it is nobody's fault but his own that he was unprepared. That's why they didn't start him until they really had no excuse not to. We handed him the keys and wrecked the car coming out of the driveway.

Zombo

I usually wish everyone not in a steeler uniform the best, especially guys on our team, but this dude is just piece of shit squandering his talents. I hope we get whatever we can for him and then he pops dirty again 2 weeks later and king Roger bans him for life. Just another joker who had one career season with the Browns.

Excellent.

Isn't Hawkins injured as well?

Lets run the singke wing option with Shaw, Crow And West.

Assuming West felt like participating this week.

Zombo

This is a general response, Zombo, a response to the situation, not the poster.

I like to say that we are all hypocrites. We just choose WHAT we decide to be hypocritical about and WHEN is the time we do it.

Let's play the blame game?

Why was Farmer, basically, canonized by the press prior to being elevated to the role of GM, and, why do so many posters believe his track record has been anything but another disaster following disaster after disaster since 1999?

Just trying to be objective here.

I don't think I have ever seen a situation where a more talented player was such a bonehead and constantly screwing his team over by his blatant stupidity. At this point it makes little difference as it's Week 17 and we're out of it but all this does is force the front office to evaluate the situation and likely move him for a horrendous rear ending in return. This guy is, literally, the Ebby Calvin LaLoosh of the NFL (before Crash came to town).

and there are folks on this board that want to keep bonghead around....heheheheeeee....hokesy dokesy...

Funny thing is, he doesnt get credit for an accrued season now. Only a restricted free agent at the end of next year.

just read that, looks like he is stuck or trade bait.

Could've been they suspended him to keep him another year as a restricted FA. This suspension means he'll only play 5 games, and by contract you have to play 6 games to be accredited as a full season. Coincidence?

NFLPA would get that overturned, Browns had every right to suspend for his no show this morning.

I got a great idea...draft his replacement....oh wait, are we too late for that?

Could've been they suspended him to keep him another year as a restricted FA. This suspension means he'll only play 5 games, and by contract you have to play 6 games to be accredited as a full season. Coincidence?

great lets keep him around so he can show his crybaby bongsmoking attitude for another yr....with our moronic f.o., they probably will

My daughter said she was at the Barley house around 11:30 and Gordon and Manziel were there together. She said they left before her though.

This is a general response, Zombo, a response to the situation, not the poster.

I like to say that we are all hypocrites. We just choose WHAT we decide to be hypocritical about and WHEN is the time we do it.

Let's play the blame game?

Why was Farmer, basically, canonized by the press prior to being elevated to the role of GM, and, why do so many posters believe his track record has been anything but another disaster following disaster after disaster since 1999?

Just trying to be objective here.

First off, this is a thread about Josh Gordon, so you can't blame Farmer for him.

If you are alluding to the poor seasons Manziel and Gilbert had, and the poor attitude West apparently has ... yes, red flags on the GM.

It is mitigated somewhat in that Manziel is widely considered by the fanbase as a "Jimmy Pick" so Farmer doesn't get hung with that one.

Also fans are very happy with the undrafted free agents he has unearthed including Crowell, Gabriel and K'waun Williams so that eases the sting of the higher drafted guys.

Plus, Bitonio, the guy picked between Manziel and West, has had a near Pro Bowl season as a rookie, so it is a real nice feeling to hit on a high pick lineman.

West has actually been productive when his attitude allows him on the field, so should we storm Berea with torches and pitchforks after one year, looking for Farmer's scalp because of Justin Gilbert and Manziel?

Lots of rookies mature and produce in subsequent years so I think labeling this past year's draft and free agency a "disaster" because the first round hasn't worked out yet is a bit premature, don't you think? Can we just keep the same GM and coach for a few years and actually allow them to shape an entire roster before we do the torches and pitchfork act again?

Zombo

--P.S. Farmer also did a nice job in Free agency, landing veterans Dansby and Whitner that helped shape the defense that is holding opposing QBs to the lowest rating in the league.

These young boys need to grow into men, and soon. I myself am over josh gordon. He's a selfish boy who put up one good season........ Fuck him and all punks like him.

I think it was a mistake in starting Manziel. He clearly wasnt ready. Shaw isnt either btw. You can seriously ruin players like this. They should have known better. Thats why they get paid the big bucks. BTW, Hoyer cant play because of soreness? You are fucking kidding me?

Coach Pettine himself admitted to making mistakes this season in his last press conference. I think its one thing to be a disciplinarian, but you have to create an infrastructure for these young players. I dont think there is one currently in place.

I dont like players calling out players via the media. I dont think coaches should do it either. Handle it in-house. Example, Randle of the Cowboys, got arrested this season. The police video had him saying some derogatory things about Bryant and Brent. The players didnt call him out in the media. All of it was handled in-house. I think you create distrust when you do it via the media. Man up and talk to that person to their face.

I think stopping the run is all about effort and determination. Cowboys held the Colts to 1 yard rushing last week. Cowboys have no pro-bowlers on defense, who on their front 7 would you want playing on the Browns? They hustle and fly to the ball. Browns i think at times decide to quit.

Just my humble opinion.

Well, your opinion on the defense is wrong,and your opinion on the quarterbacks is laughable.

Nobody "quit". Our scheme was so terrific at taking away the pass from teams that they figured out ways to run on us and control games that way. We shut down virtually every QB we faced after the first couple games of the season. This is the first year of this scheme, it will be improved. There will be new personnel for the Browns up front next year. You have to remember that Karlos Dansby was having an all-pro type season before he was injured. Phil Taylor was our biggest difference maker up front and he has missed most of the season. Sheard missed a lot of time. Bryant missed a lot of time. Rubin missed a lot of time. Kitchen out injured. Our front seven was like a MASH unit all year. And you can't expect the talent to match your scheme in Year One. They got the pass defense right, and next year you can bet your ass they'll be working on the run defense. If half your defense is injured and your talent doesn't match your scheme other NFL staffs are going to exploit you.

Please point out a player that quit on our defense. And please tell him to his face.

As for Manziel, what the fuck were we supposed to do with him, carry two veterans QBs and let him take up a roster spot as a third string QB all year? If you are the backup QB eventually you are going to play, you have to be ready every week. You keep acting like we could have redshirtted him or something. And why are you doubting Hoyer's injuries? The guy can't throw a football. Shaw is the obvious choice to start, he has been running the offense all year. Undrafted free agents don't get "ruined" by starting an NFL game, it's the fucking opportunity of a lifetime.

Zombo

Everlasting, You can't seem to make up your mind on Manziel. First, you say he should have started the entire season and now you say the Browns ruined him for starting him too soon.. Whatever makes Manziel not look like a bust, right? Just put the blame on the Browns and go back to Texas. I can't wait for the Romo pick 6 that ends the cowboys season. After all, he loves to turn it over in big games..

I agree Z man....getting a shot is never a bad thing. Lot'[s of people never get a shot, in all professions, be it NFL QB or head cook at the Waffel House.

I like Connor Shaw. I hope he makes the most of things.

Funny thing is, he doesnt get credit for an accrued season now. Only a restricted free agent at the end of next year.

This is the key to the story. This thing is going to blow up.

There will be lawyers and unions and it will be ugly.

It was a brilliant move by the Browns to suspend him.

He wasn't engaged, he was hurting the team, he should not get credit for a accrued season.

I like the way Farmer plays hardball. I also like that Pet and Farmer weren't afraid to call out Manziel and Gilbert.

This team is all about accountability. I think we are finally headed in the right direction.

Zombo

send gordon, west and manziel to the raiders for #5....they'll do it.....they make stupid draft decisions all the time too and they love assholish talented bad boys.....

Interesting thought there. :) I have to wonder how much more the Browns will put up with Gordon's BS. MHO is he just used up his last strike.His trade value isn't going to be much- say a 4th like what the Patriots gave up for Randy Moss. He's one bong hit away from a lifetime ban.

As for Manziel, what the fuck were we supposed to do with him, carry two veterans QBs and let him take up a roster spot as a third string QB all year? If you are the backup QB eventually you are going to play, you have to be ready every week. You keep acting like we could have redshirtted him or something. And why are you doubting Hoyer's injuries? The guy can't throw a football. Shaw is the obvious choice to start, he has been running the offense all year. Undrafted free agents don't get "ruined" by starting an NFL game, it's the fucking opportunity of a lifetime.

Zombo

Regarding Manziel- you're one play away from being the starter, and you weren't taking it seriously enough? Oh yeah- you got out on the field against a team that actually game planned for you, and found out (like us old boogers on this board said you would all along) it's the next level kiddo- your college reputation doesn't mean jack shit when you're playing for a paycheck. Regarding Gilbert- another guy who thought he could get by on his sheer athleticism- and copped a shitty attitude. So now we know why he wasn't playing. Hey, I do like that Desir kid. I won't give a rat if he turns out better than Gilbert. That's what makes you a SB contender- finding those 4th and lower round gems.

I agree Z man....getting a shot is never a bad thing. Lot's of people never get a shot, in all professions, be it NFL QB or head cook at the Waffel House.

I like Connor Shaw. I hope he makes the most of things.

So do I 'Peen. he's the anti-Manziel by all accounts. He's playing for a roster spot next year. And don't take it to mean I'm throwing in the towel on Johnny Football after six quarters- he's a smart kid, but too bad he ignored the lessons Hoyer was showing him this year on how to be a pro.

Archived