THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Dysfunctional ....again?

Frenchie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude you are one of the sane ones around here but last division won 1989, last playoff game 2002. This team has been over .500 twice in the last 15 years, they suck. The direction is circling the drain, this is the first time in 5 years I haven't made the trek from NY to Ohio to watch a game because I can't in good conscience go and support what can only be described as a clusterfuck of an organization. The 49ers just parted ways with a coach who took them to 3 straight conference championship games and a Super Bowl. Somehow the Browns continue to draw fans despite complete and total failure. I described to a friend being a Browns fan means you eat dog food and act like you're being served filet.

Actually, being a Browns fan is a lot like being in an abusive relationship. You always wonder why do they stay? Until you realize, you're the one staying.

true fans of the browns don't see this as dysfunction at all considering all the points Z illuminated.

best record since '97 with scrubs? c'mon now.

people have every right to their opinion but to constantly rail on the negatives and proclaim shit that just isn't true (baconhound).....don't be surprised when the whole power of the browns' fanbase comes down on you.

as far as i'm concerned, if you are such a little bitch and whiner to be declaring this such a woeful season and this organization such a bunch of bums, then how did you make it past the year 2k without hanging yourself in your closet?

Dude you are one of the sane ones around here but last division won 1989, last playoff game 2002. This team has been over .500 twice in the last 15 years, they suck. The direction is circling the drain, this is the first time in 5 years I haven't made the trek from NY to Ohio to watch a game because I can't in good conscience go and support what can only be described as a clusterfuck of an organization. The 49ers just parted ways with a coach who took them to 3 straight conference championship games and a Super Bowl. Somehow the Browns continue to draw fans despite complete and total failure. I described to a friend being a Browns fan means you eat dog food and act like you're being served filet.

And yet you assears are still here. Go jump on the bandwagon of some other team then. I, as a Browns fan, don't want your sorry negative ass here anyways. Piss off and take the other negative asswipes with you. We'll save room for you on the bandwagon when we're in the playoffs next year.

true fans of the browns don't see this as dysfunction at all considering all the points Z illuminated.

best record since '97 with scrubs? c'mon now.

people have every right to their opinion but to constantly rail on the negatives and proclaim shit that just isn't true (baconhound).....don't be surprised when the whole power of the browns' fanbase comes down on you.

as far as i'm concerned, if you are such a little bitch and whiner to be declaring this such a woeful season and this organization such a bunch of bums, then how did you make it past the year 2k without hanging yourself in your closet?

10-6 in 2007 do you even pay attention?

Exactly...

And yet you assears are still here. Go jump on the bandwagon of some other team then. I, as a Browns fan, don't want your sorry negative ass here anyways. Piss off and take the other negative asswipes with you. We'll save room for you on the bandwagon when we're in the playoffs next year.

Put your paypal where you mouth is

Put your paypal where you mouth is

Ooooohhhhh...an internet tough guy who wants to "bet". Get Rich4Eagle to pay Zombo the $1500+ that he owes from their "bet" and we can talk assears. Otherwise, you're just a pissant negative nancy who gets off doing nothing but bitching all the time. Mik was right...maybe you should just hang yourself in the closet to save yourself from your own miserable life.

Ooooohhhhh...an internet tough guy who wants to "bet". Get Rich4Eagle to pay Zombo the $1500+ that he owes from their "bet" and we can talk assears. Otherwise, you're just a pissant negative nancy who gets off doing nothing but bitching all the time. Mik was right...maybe you should just hang yourself in the closet to save yourself from your own miserable life.

Not an internet tough guy by any stretch just like easy money. The Browns are the 3rd best team in their division at best next year and they play the NFC West and AFC West next year.

Not an internet tough guy by any stretch just like easy money. The Browns are the 3rd best team in their division at best next year and they play the NFC West and AFC West next year.

I'm not making any bets with you dickless... If it makes you feel smart and important to post all your negative shit every day, then you truly have a sad and pathetic life.

I'm not making any bets with you dickless... If it makes you feel smart and important to post all your negative shit every day, then you truly have a sad and pathetic life.

Yeah, exactly what I thought. Don't mistake realism for negativity, it's a much more positive place in the Yankees forum

it's a much more positive place in the Yankees forum

i doubt it. not fickle ny fans. they will amount to a hill of beans this year so there's probably dozens of baconhounds over there spouting 'the woe is me, the sky is falling' dribble.

you mentioned the fact that we have a tough schedule next year...SO? what do you want to do petition the nfl for a softer one? way to be a man and face your challenges.

what kind of bet do you want to make? i got a six pack that says you're wrong.

We had one of the Browns VPs join us at our last Browns Backer game against Baltimore.

I feel like I know a guy who has an unnamed source.

No....people started speculating it was jimmy, so she came out and said it wasn't....

People like Wilbon and Kornheiser... they've been skewering us...

I mean seriously he's going to Buffalo with his hat in his hand and their best hope is to pick up Brian Hoyer in a bidding war.

Wouldn't their reuniting be a kick in the nads...

Meanwhile back at the thread...

The fact that an employee or two went rogue and overstepped their bounds by making comments or suggesting plays is not the measure of an organization's functionality.

The duration of the overstepping may be a measure and therefore a concern.

However, how the above are addressed and how well any fix prevents recurrence will be the true measure of how "dysfunctional" the Browns' organization may be.

LOL! Now that there is funny, I don't care where you stand on all this. :lol: :lol:

Hey Z, I'm a Denver fan so am I still eligible? Bring it. :P

No, you are too damn likeable

You bastard.

Here are Knobslobber's words upon reading the news of Shanny leaving, unedited:

"Browns are a mess. Makes me ask the question, is Pettine an issue too?

Manziel having to learn a new offense is not good. His greatest supporters are gone."

1. Call the entire organization a mess

2. Question the head coach who has been on the job less than a year.

3. Worry for Johnny's future

4. Wonder who has Johnny's back

This is a fucking Cleveland Browns forum. Built by, and run by, passionate Cleveland Browns fans. And I'm getting a hard time for giving this motherfucker a hard time?

Ghoolie v Rich

Atenears v Zombo

Camp Couch v Dark Side

Quinn fags v DA lovers

We used to rip the shit out of each other, But we were family.

Hell, more recently Tourma v. Mike H,, Everyone v Retard, Miktoxic v Sober people, Walter White v drug-free people ... great stuff. when did we become such pussies that I have to feel bad about picking on the Cowboy douchebag? It's "abuse of power" because I'm a moderator?

No, it's "abuse of a dipshit" because I'm a Browns fan and I don't put up with shitheads who have an agenda outside of the family.

Miktoxic v Sober people, when did we become such pussies that I have to feel bad about picking on the Cowboy douchebag?

it'd help that the people that i have such problems with (opinion-wise) were old enough to have a drink. maybe their balls and voices would drop at the same time in a year or two. must be a bitch getting in a verbal tiff when you go through life sounding like screech or haley joel osment.

Once again, back to the thread: Dysfunction suggests (and It could be way off base) that there is a lack of clear roles & responsibilities and/or a difference of opinion on important matters or philosophies. That engenders a lack of trust, the splitting of the team into different fractions or allegiances, internal conflict, backstabbing etc. if that's not happening, then McK had no business using the word or quoting some source that used that word. That would be irresponsible reporting. On the other, if that is the case, then I'll be disappointed because I really agree with Zombo, the culture (minus our first round draft choices and JG) was really starting to change for the better.

One Mary Kay article which is all conjecture with no named sources and we're "disfunctional" again.

Horseshit.

We had one of the Browns VPs join us at our last Browns Backer game against Baltimore. Real cool guy, real high on the chain. I got to talk with him one on one for a bit and he talked to the group as a whole too.

He said the #1 thing the Browns set out to do this year was to not only change the culture, but to set the culture, because we haven't had one in 15 years.

He said Jimmy is as passionate and smart a owner as you would want. He said Farmer is large and in charge ... speaks with authority, has the respect of everyone in the building. Coach Pettine is exactly what they want, and he is in't going anywhere.

He said on past teams you wouldn't even hear about Gordon, Gilbert and Manziel because the team catered to the players, but it is all about the team now, and you are all in, or you are gone.

He seemed to think Manziel was going to be fine. He basically said he was a "spoiled rich kid, and some things need to change" but that he can be very, very good. It sounded like the organization was committed to him for next year, however if the "things that need to change" involve alcohol, good luck with that.

Overall he stressed over and over that it is a streamlined chain of command and it's not changing, Jimmy is going with these guys.

So if Shanny is really sniffling, he'll be gone. If we re-commit to Shanny then this was just a bullshit story. I really wish we could trade MK to Pittsburgh.

Zombo

Shanny was sniffling, and guess what? He's gone. Wanted Cousins, didn't get him. There's endless threads on The 'Tard about this. "Doesn't play well with others". Brought in his lackey pals in DC, so no one would question him. Daddy let him run the asylum. Pettine didn't. I'm too lazy to post them, but it's not Rocket Science to Google stuff why him & Mike got run out of Washington. Said back in October he wanted to be a HC after less than a year on the job- hardly a way to endear yourself to an owner who's trying to build some stability. So he's out shopping, or hoping Dad gets a HC gig so he can pretty much do what he wants to again as his OC. If some of you remember- when our (now ex) qb coach got hired, some Titans fans showed up and said "you'll be sorry." Called him "Low-Gains." They were right. I tend remember stuff like that- because the same thing happened when we hired old Shure-loss as HC. Now there was dysfunction- that guy couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag if you had given him a stick of dynamite to blast his way out. I busted up laughing when I heard the Raiders were interviewing him.

As a long time Cowboys fan, i know what dysfunction looks like. I have seen if first hand for many years. The Browns are dysfunctional. The way they fell apart at the end of the season showed that something ugly was happening behind the scenes. Changing coaches every season is a big problem. A meddling owner is a big problem. A Head Coach that cant control his team, is a big problem. Shanny wanted out because he wanted nothing to do with the situation any longer. Holy hell.

Nah you got MKC regurgitating LaCanfora's (who happens to be a Baltimore homer, and has hated the Browns since they fired his good buddy Lombardi) spew. I don't doubt Shanny himself (or his agent) was doing the spew about "dysfunctional". The Browns fell apart at the end because of 1) injuries- want me to list them? We were playing the Ravens with practice squad players on the D-line, and Haden was battling the flu. Shaw was starting his first game because Hoyer and Manziel were hurt. 2) Hoyer regressed badly the last 1\2 of the season- so they put Manziel in- and he looked clueless. 3) Opposing defenses caught on to Shanny's playcalling- those rollout boots suddenly weren't working. 4) The run game went to hell after Mack got hurt- gee- another pick a guy up off the street at center.

For us to go 7-9 in the first year is impressive. We were starting a backup QB, had backup wrs, and decimating injuries ... there is not going to be depth in year one. But the team never quit. They were hustling in meaningless games against Caroina and Baltimore. We've all seen other browns teams pack it in.

People like to say how easy our schedule is, let's see ... Pittsburgh x 2, Cincy x 2, Balt x 2, Indy, Carolina ... that's eight games against playoff teams , half our schedule, and we battled all those teams hard. Buffalo had a winning record too .. 9 games against winning teams.

I'm just tired of the negativity. This is not the same organization. Give them a chance. And I don't need a Cowboy fan telling me what we are. We are a first year team that is working hard to change a losing culture.

And I'm pissed at Manziel because he didn't buy in, didn't prepare, didn't take it seriously enough ... he acted like the culture we are getting rid of, and not the one we are building.

Walsh, Parcels, Johnson, Belichick ... they wouldn't put up with his shit either.

FINALLY someone is taking a hard ass approach with players. If it takes two or three years to turn over the talent until we have a TEAM ... then so be it.

Zombo

Yup- folks on the other board haven't gotten the message yet- this isn't the Country Club. I can't believe some of the folks over there actually think Manziel flopped because Pettine & Company weren't kissing his ass enough- as if it hasn't been since HS. LOL, he was being disrespected- because he actually had to EARN the starting qb job- not just have it handed to him.

PS Z- if you were paying attention, the commentators said there's only 16 players left on the Raven's roster from their SB team from 2 years ago. So I agree- we're changing the culture, and it's not going to happen overnight.

Just to make the message reverberate to the new or jaded Browns fans: this current regime is not dysfunctional. 15 years prior, dysfunction happened...and it's damn hard to do damage control on that. Every Browns fan that's been through it all has to be impressed by the improvements made so far, in just one year.

So our OC is leaving in search of a HC gig...so what. Another day in the NFL offseason. Offense was the biggest issue this year so I'm glad to see problem-Kyle leave. Pettine will get someone in here that he wants to work with and wants to be here.

And keep in mind the gripe that has been plaguing the Cleveland Browns for decades. It's often been said that coaches or front office personnel try to force a system upon players unwilling or unable to carry out what needs to be done. Case in point Bernie Kosar who has apostles rather than fans who railed against Bill Belichick for not tailoring an offense around what Bernie can or can't do. And now almost the opposite. Probably due to the fact but a lot of you guys have a personal bitch with Johnny, I'm hearing people take offense to the idea that whatever scheme is used should be tailored to the quarterback we are going to start.

I would think that having two quarterbacks with different skill sets would cause a big problem. Ie as in the second Cincinnati game having the entire team shift gears and play a system they haven't played all year.

WSS

Hell, more recently Tourma v. Mike H...

Ah... the good ol' days.

2) Hoyer regressed badly the last 1\2 of the season- so they put Manziel in- and he looked clueless.

Made me think of O'Neil's presser comments about the primary measure of a position coach's worth: How ready to play are his backups?

Once again, back to the thread: Dysfunction suggests (and It could be way off base) that there is a lack of clear roles & responsibilities and/or a difference of opinion on important matters or philosophies.

I thought Haslam clearly delineated the roles/ responsibilities of his three-pronged reorganization: President (Operations), GM (Talent) and HC (Team). However, just because the folks at the top of these three prongs understand their role does not guarantee all below them do... especially as the organization came under pressure during our 1-6 finish.

Just occurred to me that we (or at least I) have been focusing on the GM and HC prongs in this reporting. But if we take the word "pressbox" literally, then the texter could well be a member of the President's org. Staff who would likely be viewing a game with members of the Press would be PR types. Not hard to imagine some middle level PR-type hearing press grumblings about play calls and "taking action".

Archived