THE BROWNS BOARD

RUMOUR - Browns offer both first round picks to Titans

LondonBrown

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They made the,offer. Mariota is not that good. He never had to read a defense and has never thrown into tight coverage. A project at best. He's not a day one starter. So we won't get Shelton, Malcom Brown, La'el Collins or even a wide receiver. If this happens it will be a step in the wrong direction. Absolutely need a run stopper!

Mariota is not that good.

He never had to read a defense

never thrown into tight coverage.

A project at best.

He's not a day one starter.

So we won't get Shelton, Malcom Brown, La'el Collins or even a wide receiver.

If this happens it will be a step in the wrong direction.

Absolutely need a run stopper!

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Right.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Right.

2 out of 8 ain't bad...

They made the,offer. Mariota is not that good. He never had to read a defense and has never thrown into tight coverage. A project at best. He's not a day one starter. So we won't get Shelton, Malcom Brown, La'el Collins or even a wide receiver. If this happens it will be a step in the wrong direction. Absolutely need a run stopper!

Given that I wasn't impressed with Collins, I'd say you can scratch him off the board with recent developments compounding that.

I still want MM starting at draft time last year. Moving back in the first and getting loaded for this year was the plan if Bortles wasnt there.

But Mr. Haslem listened to a homeless guy's gut feeling and boom we got cancer. Moving to get MM this year would make all the sense in the world if the Browns would have drafted any other player with that pick. And that includes a Kicker.

Bottom Line the Browns have found themselves in a the odd situation in which CORRECT DESISION IS PROB THE ONE THAT MAKES YOU LOOK THE DUMBEST. ..............

Then again Id be happy with an OL and DL in the 1st this year.

I have a funny feeling the trade up to #2 would be for Williams and not Mariota.

That would make a hell of a lot more sense if we believed the Titans really want Williams. Otherwise the offer goes for the #3 spot.

But overall I agree this is just a lot of smoke to conceal true intentions.

The same reason why I called Holmgren a jackass for taking Weedeater, the same reason I laughed at Phil Savage for Quinn, Oakland for Russell, Jacksonville for Gabbert...

These men/organizations all convinced themselves they saw something that wasn't there. Pretty simple.

Yup yup. And yeah, different stupid GM, different year. (whatever)

they had the reporter who covers the browns who came out with this so-called report on nfl live and at no time did he mention draft picks, just the fact the browns were making phone calls and one happened to be to the titans.

dude should be fired.

College game is so cookie cutter now none of the QBs can hope to come out of the gate and run an nfl team. I'd rather fix the rest of the holes and start Johnny rehab before blowing a pick on Marcus Mariota

Well the Browns gave up last year's first round.

I personally wouldn't do it for Mariota because I don't see it but I'm not being paid to evaluate talent.

If they think Mariota is their guy then two first round picks isn't completely unreasonable. If they pull this deal off they better hope that Mariota is worth it or they will lose their fanbase, oh wait it's Browns fans they'll always pay the freight.

i said last year before the draft that this would be the year for the browns to seriously think QB, until of course, they drafted manziel.

i liked mariota then and i like him now BUT what i really like is getting 2 picks in the middle of the first.

i like that a whole lot better considering we need around 6 solid players in this draft and wasting 2 of the best isn't smart.

Duh... 8's cause there are two.

Meanwhile back at the thread...

Everyone is denying the offer was even made, so must be a done deal...

If it's a done deal I'll support it, but if not & we ended up with Shelton & Erving in round 1, I wouldn't complain. In fact, we may be able to trade down for Erving.

Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Mike

I think its bs put into media to drive price up.iI do not think we will pay the price to move up to 2 now if he drops to 5 yes i could see us going after him.

would 12 plus are 2nd rd pick get us up to 5?

I still think Tenn takes Williams as i do not see us moving up to 2-think sd isnt gonna deal rivers and do not think Philly has the ammo to move up i think the sports to watch are oakiland and washingtons picks

Archived