THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump moves ahead of or near the head of polls for GOP

So the president needs to be a decorated war hero, have a law degree with time in, have a doctorate in Economics, and what else?

Still no STEM though, right? Fuck that shit...

The fact of the matter is that the presidency is nothing more than a popularity contest and your scientists and engineers are too fucking dorky and introverted to win a popularity contest on that scale. You'd hope whatever talking head won would take advice from them but I wouldn't count on it. Popular people usually get that way by going out of their way to stroke other popular type people.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the president needs to be a decorated war hero, have a law degree with time in, have a doctorate in Economics, and what else?

Still no STEM though, right? Fuck that shit...

Is the President the engineer or scientist or economist in chief? Don't think so. Commander? Yes.

I'd also guess the Surgeon General should be a doctor.

WSS

I wasn't being completely serious about the president having a STEM degree. It would be nice, but not a big deal. I'd put more weight on congressmen having them.

Cysko, you have background in this area, you should know that not everyone with a STEM degree is an awkward introvert. But at the same time, a smart STEM mind with great people skills can maybe do better for themselves thsn politics and all of the BS that comes with it.

We're talking hypothetical though. Obviously it is still in large part a popularity/speaking contest.

I wasn't being completely serious about the president having a STEM degree. It would be nice, but not a big deal. I'd put more weight on congressmen having them.

Cysko, you have background in this area, you should know that not everyone with a STEM degree is an awkward introvert. But at the same time, a smart STEM mind with great people skills can maybe do better for themselves thsn politics and all of the BS that comes with it.

We're talking hypothetical though. Obviously it is still in large part a popularity/speaking contest.

Not everyone but come on. A lot.

Depends if you want your president more like Zaphod Beeblebrox or Elon Musk, I guess. I'm sure I know who would win, and I'm sure who would do a better job, and those two aren't the same names.

Not everyone but come on. A lot.

Most, probably.

Who's the "coolest" scientist you can think of? Quick quick now. Bill Nye? Dork. Sweet tie, Bill.

Elon Musk off the top of my head. Neil Tyson maybe.

And the acronym stands for...?

(shit, turds, excrement and manure?)

:D

But seriously the first fucking letter is science!

WSS

Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics I believe.

Archived