THE BROWNS BOARD

Official first training camp notes thread..

Mudfly

For those that don't do the Twatter, here are some Sunday practice notes from MKC:

#Browns CB Pierre Desir "earned'' the start over Justin Gilbert today for T.Williams (rest). Not the right direction for Gilbert.

#browns joker Philips on pryor: "he's very very talented and talent wins football games"

#browns wr coach joker Philips on pryor: "he's all in. He knows the system. Just have to teach him our techniques"

#browns Pettine on pryor: "he doesn't look out of place"

#browns Pettine said he'll get with farmer about maybe adding some backs. Rookie Luke Lundy also left injured today. Down to crow, Draughn

#browns Pettine said Duke johnson (hamstring) will be out a little while. Hopes to get T-west (calf) back by Tuesday

#browns Pettine said winn's Xrays negative but will undergo further exams today

Browns RB Duke Johnson and Terrance West remain sidelined with hamstring and calf injuries http://

#Browns Rookie RB Luke Lundy went in with trainers awhile ago and hasn't returned. RBs Johnson, West and Winston already sidelined

#browns wr Terrelle Pryor gets a first-team rep. Good sign for him

#browns RB Duke johnson (hamstring) and Terrance west (calf) not practicing today. Both got hurt saturday on 1st day in pads

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that don't do the Twatter, here are some Sunday practice notes from MKC:

#Browns CB Pierre Desir "earned'' the start over Justin Gilbert today for T.Williams (rest). Not the right direction for Gilbert.

#browns joker Philips on pryor: "he's very very talented and talent wins football games"

#browns wr coach joker Philips on pryor: "he's all in. He knows the system. Just have to teach him our techniques"

#browns Pettine said he'll get with farmer about maybe adding some backs. Rookie Luke Lundy also left injured today. Down to crow, Draughn

#browns Pettine said Duke johnson (hamstring) will be out a little while. Hopes to get T-west (calf) back by Tuesday

Browns RB Duke Johnson and Terrance West remain sidelined with hamstring and calf injuries http://

#Browns Rookie RB Luke Lundy went in with trainers awhile ago and hasn't returned. RBs Johnson, West and Winston already sidelined

#browns RB Duke johnson (hamstring) and Terrance west (calf) not practicing today. Both got hurt saturday on 1st day in pads

Thanks D!

I'm really encouraged with everything I am hearing about Pryor, the browns may plucked a peach right in front of the other 31 teams' eyes ... for once.

Desir is a good prospect, glad to see him progressing ...

... but I'm starting to feel like last year's two #1 draft picks are never going to surprise me with a burst of greatness, Lord, I hope I'm wrong.

Not concerned with the RB injuries, I'm sure we we'll bring in a body or two today so we can keep practicing with a full unit.

Zombo

Okay...a couple minor roster moves today...

Browns waive WR Kevin Cone and DB Brandon Stephens....

Browns sign RB Timothy Flanders and RB Jalen Parmale......(fresh legs while the others heal up)

Go deep, Flanders!

The-Simpsons-Season-5-Episode-16-17-d939

Found this little nugget on our off day:

“God forbid I am forced to play,” Brandon Weeden said, via Rainer Sabin of The Dallas Morning News.

ESPN live at browns' camp all day on sportscenter.

they just did a 15 min piece on this year's browns with hannah storm, tim hasselback and herm 'the coach' edwards. they basically put up the same question as last year (manziel, qb position) but touched on points people might not know about if they didn't come to this forum.

still not giving the browns any respect.

one note: pleez, pleez god who ever is in charge of picking unis for games: DO NOT LET THE BROWNS WEAR THAT ORANGE AND BROWN CAMO JERSEY. i almost puked when seeing it and would only feed cannon fodder to our steeler friends.

they just did a 15 min piece on this year's browns with hannah storm, tim hasselback and herm 'the coach' edwards. they basically put up the same question as last year (manziel, qb position) but touched on points people might not know about if they didn't come to this forum.

still not giving the browns any respect.

one note: pleez, pleez god who ever is in charge of picking unis for games: DO NOT LET THE BROWNS WEAR THAT ORANGE AND BROWN CAMO JERSEY. i almost puked when seeing it and would only feed cannon fodder to our steeler friends.

I agree, that is one fuggly jersey.

If l read right, those are practice only, and part of Pettine's inner team battle thing he likes to do. Like at the end of practice he'll do those offense Vs defense drills, and whoever wins gets to wear those godawful things.

In Pet's defense while he said in an interview that they were his idea, he originally intended them to be standard, military cammo...

League said needed to use team colors.

Friday 6pm PST on NFL Network: "Training Camp Primetime With The Cleveland Browns".............. Set those DVRs.

Damn it. This has got to S T O P.........

The #Browns RB injury toll continues to rise. FB Malcolm Johnson left w/ shoulder. Joins Duke Johnson, Terrance West, Glenn Winston, Lundy.

Friday 6pm PST on NFL Network: "Training Camp Primetime With The Cleveland Browns".............. Set those DVRs.

Are you sure that isn't EST? The Orange and Brown scrimmage is set top start @ 600pm EST Friday.

Are you sure that isn't EST? The Orange and Brown scrimmage is set top start @ 600pm EST Friday.

On my SoCal DTV guide it shows 2 airings at 6pm and 9pm pst. Those in different time zones, have a look at your Friday guide.

In Pet's defense while he said in an interview that they were his idea, he originally intended them to be standard, military cammo...

League said needed to use team colors.

F Roger Again, College can but NFL is the top of the CLASS?? Your home teams on military week should and Pro Bowl pick a side with total votes, that was far to hard. Go USA!!

More a case of the NFL jealousy guarding its trademarks...

On my SoCal DTV guide it shows 2 airings at 6pm and 9pm pst. Those in different time zones, have a look at your Friday guide.

Two showings on NFL Network @ 6 and 9 EDT... 5 and 8 CDT.

And since the early showing says "Live", it likely is the Orange and Brown scrimmage.

And since the early showing says "Live", it likely is the Orange and Brown scrimmage.

Looking forward to it......wish we could see a little Duke and Pryor, but it's looking like they will sit this one out.....

Too many injuries to follow each thread, so here they come :

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 25m25 minutes ago #Browns HC Mike Pettine said he has no timetable for Barkevious Mingo's return after arthroscopic knee surgery today.

This guy I don't know if we'll ever see on the field :

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 14m14 minutes ago #Browns HC Mike Pettine said RB Glenn Winston having arthroscopic knee surgery today

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 17m17 minutes ago #Browns HC Mike Pettine said FS Tashaun Gipson got dinged, held out today as precaution

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 16m16 minutes ago #Browns HC Mike Pettine said Terrelle Pryor (hamstring) won't play in scrimmage Friday but will travel with team to Ohio State.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 30m30 minutes ago #Browns HC Mike Pettine said TE Kevin Haplea hurt knee.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 1h1 hour ago Now #Browns CB Pierre Desir has right hammy wrapped.

Bowe, West & Johnson still out as well.

Missed TE Bibbs limped off too.

Dropping like flys

My big southern animal Isaiah Crowell ain't got time for no injuries. Injuries make you weak. Injuries are for cowards. Injuries are for washin blood off my uniform and you don't get no blood on my uniform! Boy, you must be OUT. SIDE. YO. MIND. We will do up downs until West and Winston are no longer tired.....and injured!

Sorry, the Denzel just took over. I blacked out for a second (no pun intended).

West and Haden active at todays practice. Johnson & Johnson remain out. Pryor gave it a try early and back to bike riding,Out. Along with Bowe Out. Still time for Thursday possible.

My big southern animal Isaiah Crowell ain't got time for no injuries. Injuries make you weak. Injuries are for cowards. Injuries are for washin blood off my uniform and you don't get no blood on my uniform! Boy, you must be OUT. SIDE. YO. MIND. We will do up downs until West and Winston are no longer tired.....and injured!

Sorry, the Denzel just took over. I blacked out for a second (no pun intended).

Archived