THE BROWNS BOARD

Official first training camp notes thread..

Mudfly

Well when your defense struggles at defending a outside run attack a week with Shady McCoy can't hurt.. Orchard, Bloodbath or A. Bryant somebody's got to step up.

Very good point, actually. About the best practise we could have asked for, outside of maybe Seattle.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope...

I've been trying to shake a bad feeling about this week all weekend...

Ive had a pit in my stomach about this weeks practice in PA.....you too?......

....dont trust Rex or his boys.......next two days cant go fast enough

After watching the replay of the Bills' pre-season game, I am stoked that we have to go up against them. They looked tough, mean, fast, dominate and bully like,,,,,,,,, Everything I hope our defense turns into. If we can't hold our own against them in an organized practice, then we need to re-evaluate our "Play Like a Brown" thing.

Bring it on Rex!

well....the good news is that day one is in the books and we stayed clean......:)

Some blurbs from todays practice....

Sounds like we had some pass rush success.....Shelton, Kruger and Poyer all got sacks against the ones.....

Our DB's got eaten alive.....except Traymon, who had a great day.......BUT Kwaun, Desir, Haden, Gipson all sat out.....Gilbert got torched a few times...

And our OL showed nicely against their front 7......

Manziel and McCown both had plus days .....

Marlon Moore, who practiced in red due to injured ribs, got into a beef and sat the rest of the day....

Duke Johnson ended up sitting again(thought he was gonna be back today).....

The Gilbert saga:

Not sure safety helps him. He doesn't have any instincts and can't hit anybody to save his ass.

Dangerous Darryl Ruiter just destroyed him on 92.3. Said he was goddawful today.

We are at the stage that is past 'be worried'. I think reality is hitting home. A good player such as Nelson is probably going to get cut because of this horse's ass, because there is no way they bite the bullet yet on him. Bet Jimmah ain't too happy about it.

At least we got Mingo!

We are at the stage that is past 'be worried'. I think reality is hitting home

Totally agree. At some point you are what you are, and for me, I'm at that point.
At least we got Mingo!
Why you gotta ruin my day like that?

Ive had a pit in my stomach about this weeks practice in PA.....you too?......

....dont trust Rex or his boys.......next two days cant go fast enough

One down...

Sounds like Pet and Rexy set the proper tone:

Head coaches Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine called both of their respective football teams to the middle of the field and asked each player to take a knee.

The rules of engagement were laid out to the 180 players and right before breaking up onto the two fields at St. John Fisher College, Ryan quipped at recently signed linebacker IK Enemkpali, “No fighting!”

It'd be great to see it carry all the way thru Th nite...

Above in italics was taken from nice little article on today:

5 Browns defensive observations against the Bills

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/5-Browns-defensive-observations-against-the-Bills/f43964fb-c208-444b-af22-b1fea1b25536

Doesn't sound like we were up to the Bills' effort and intensity today:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Browns-Huddle-The-Browns-Visit-The-Bills/c3a98aed-3398-464a-90e6-da06d125ffc2

Hopefully better tomorrow and Thursday.

As long as we continue on the run stopping, tackling, getting to the QB and stay healthy, it's a good trip to NY. They can continue to pick on Gilbert, he needs reps cause he won't see them with Haden, T. Williams, K Will, Desir all in front of him when 3 comeback.. Aaron Ross may move Gilbert further down the depth chart?

1. #Browns Pryor is out with his hamstring tonight

2 retweets1 favorite
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  2. #Browns Kruger veteran rest tonight

5 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  3. #browns dansby getting a veteran night of rest apparently

2 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  4. #Browns Pryor (hamstring) practiced Monday vs #Bills but did not look full go. Idle tonight

2 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  5. some #browns not practicing vs #bills tonight include Terrelle Pryor, Joe Haden, Duke Johnson, Joe Thomas, K'waun Williams

9 retweets3 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  6. Browns WR Travis Benjamin poised for 'a big, big year' in 2nd season after ACL http://dlvr.it/Btq4tP

View summary8 retweets11 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  7. #Browns Travis Benjamin poised for 'a big, big year' in 2nd season after ACL http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/08/browns_wr_travis_benjamin_pois.html

View summary5 retweets12 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  8. Live updates from Cleveland Browns-Buffalo Bills combined practice starting at 6 p.m. http://dlvr.it/BtnzXh

View summary4 retweets6 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

1. #Browns couldn't afford to lose another CB, but Gilbert went down with apparent quad injury. Was limping after wrap off

4 retweets3 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

2. Both QBs hit big plays in 2 min drills before stalled: mccown 39 yds to Hawk and Manziel 46 yards to Shane Wynn

15 retweets18 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

3. #Browns McCown's red zone pass tipped and then picked off in end zone

3 retweets4 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

4. #browns josh mccown's 2 minute drill ended with Terrance West getting stuffed on 4th and 1 from the 3

8 retweets4 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

5. #Browns Manziel picked off at end of 2 minute drill front of end zone by CB Ron Brooks.

9 retweets9 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

6. #Browns Justin Gilbert with right quad wrapped.

7 retweets4 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Don't tell me we are going to unanimously agree on a player... unprecedented...

As much as I love the way he manhandled his opposite, I think I love his reaction to having done that just as much. Outburst of pure joy without a hint of "look at me".

Gotta be a sport science segment brewing for the power he generates.

Can we official say thank you Bears and Giants!! @12 Shelton (@7 Kevin White out 6 months and @9 Eric Flowers our answer Erving at 19)?

Don't tell me we are going to unanimously agree on a player... unprecedented...

As much as I love the way he manhandled his opposite, I think I love his reaction to having done that just as much. Outburst of pure joy without a hint of "look at me".

Gotta be a sport science segment brewing for the power he generates.

Goes back to the draft, man. I think most of us were on board with Shelton as the pick. And that's carried over to early reports of him during TC.

It's nice to see.

Yep, loved the kid along with Justin Hardy. But that would fall into The Elite WR or Shiny Hood Ornament and Farmer's not Buying it. (Yet)? Lockett went pick 69 I call that a steal and why good teams just keep getting better.

Interesting little stat....after 2 weeks of preseason football, the #1 rated(pff) rookie receiver in the league is...........(wait for it).....

Darius Jennings,,,,,,

And the very last rated one(#37) is......(wait for it...again)....

Vince Mayle......

I know......doesnt mean a thing.....but still some fun facts......

Archived