THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoping I Wake Up to Pettine, O'Neil, and Farmer Fired

ColumbusKing

I hate all 3 of them.

Farmer is a coward, never taking responsibility for some TERRIBLE roster moves. He is so flippy floppy and can't make any decisions confidently. He looks like he should be doing my taxes or tutoring the "slow" learners in a Iowa City public school.

Pettine is pathetic. Never see any emotions, I thought Coach Romeo was stoic but holy shit Coach Pet might as well be a statue. He tries to have some "badass" look to him wearing those Walmart sunglasses all the time but he just looks like some clueless asshole. His halftime adjustments are horrendous, we look pretty good in the 1st half and then Pet does something back in the locker room that makes us play embarrassingly bad. Hell, the Cardinals credited the comeback win last week to what Arians said to them at halftime. Anyone can give a team new ways to play like shit.

The stats speak for O'Neil. Plus, TCPU had a great quote bringing up some thinking that the Browns players DO NOT LIKE O'Neil, and that he plays favorites.

Johnny looked pretty good for all the drops and a line that seemed out of it. I'm Not Team McC or Team JFF. Just team Browns.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FA moves by Farmer haven't worked but with rookies you have to give it more than two years so he just survives the cull for me. For now.

Flip is doing ok albeit starting to make strange decisions as well like not using Duke in second half?

Fire O'Neil immediately.

Pettine, I don't know anymore. Mainly because I don't see who'd want the HC job?

Pettine made a point to keep Manziel in the pocket at half time. Correct me if I'm wrong but when your O-Line sucks and you have a talent like Manziel he can make and extend plays. Does Pettine not watch film? Josh McCown is lucky to be alive!

They drafted a quarterback who has rare talent but being that they're the Browns they want to ruin him before he ever gets started.

Pettine is not the coach for Manziel and it shows. He played him because he had to. Next week it's back to McCown who has one win.

This defense is horrible. Starks, Williams, Bademosi looked like manure. The offence was clicking in the first half and they looked way better. Then comes the second half. When your defense can't stop anybody and they score on almost every possession you have to wonder.

Pettine made a point to keep Manziel in the pocket at half time. Correct me if I'm wrong but when your O-Line sucks and you have a talent like Manziel he can make and extend plays. Does Pettine not watch film? Josh McCown is lucky to be alive!

They drafted a quarterback who has rare talent but being that they're the Browns they want to ruin him before he ever gets started.

Pettine is not the coach for Manziel and it shows. He played him because he had to. Next week it's back to McCown who has one win.

Yeah Mike- let's play to your F**ked system, instead of your qbs strengths.

We'll see who's healthy? in your presser? You start McClown over JFF against the Squealers- you deserve to be fired.

What the fuck does that have to do with people starting threads on topics that already exist.

Nothing- but doubtless we can clean it up tomorrow. Seriously Mark- you're the one- and in spades- that can't tolerate negativity about the current state of the Browns. Hate to tell you- inside and outside, the commentary is pretty damn negative. If you can't handle it- it's time for you to take a season long break from the Browns, and go hit the beach in SD.

Seriously- how many times have we had duplicate threads?

I want to start a thread- Pettine is a flaming asshole coach that should go back to coaching HS football. You want to merge that too?

It's hard to be optimistic at this point in the season. AGAIN. But Pettine should talk about the POSITIVES at half time or say nothing. Does a young quarterback need reassurance from the HC? Or is he made,to feel that he's just in there until next week and then the next draft.

They're 2-7 they are already getting ready for next year. Logic would dictate to play the guy FARMER-PETTINE drafted. Only in Cleveland does this happen.

Something or someone needs to change. 2-7 tells me it's coaching.

should talk about the POSITIVES

HA!!!!! you? positives?

man i guess alot of you like walking around with a cloud over your head.

don't worry. if half of you get your way we'll fire everybody and hire some northern illinois coach who has 'potential' and he can bring in his top notch staff as haslam rehires mike lombardi as GM.

12093379_548499075303691_697899759_n.jpg

At this point Pettine might as well finish the season cause no one on this staff could be any better at interim HC level. I agree though that Pettine if he's give half a shit should push to give O'Neil the boot and take over defensive calls. Show us why people touted you as a defensive mind because it's not remotely showing now.

The play that sealed O'Neil's fate last night to me was early on the Bengals first TD drive. He called an honest to God DELAYED Safety blitz when the safety was 12 yards deep. I re-watched it intentionally to make sure I just saw what I thought I did. I counted and it took the safety 4 seconds to even get to the OL where he was blocked. Guess where Dalton threw to a wide open guy? Right where that safety executed arguably the worst blitz call I've ever seen in my life.

O'Neil is a joke and there's no repercussions to this guy losing his job and quick.

I would rather walk around "with a cloud over my head" then tell myself that the 3 of them are good football minds

please inform us all who will walk in today when they are all fired (your wish) take over and do a better job?

you?

pettine's got coaching in his blood. i think he would do a great job if given more than a year and 8 games, and maybe some talent. i mean you can't fight for manziel and say 'he needs a chance' and then on the other hand say fire pettine. it makes no sense.

This sounds like an EMOTIONAL KNEE JERK ALERT to me.

Some people are going to be held accountable after the year is over, it has to happen - I don't think it'll be Pettine though.

Though I'm not opposed to firing O'Neil today, before season end.

There is only one person that needs to leave this team ASAP, Johnny Manziel. He needs to go to a real coach who knows how to use a 6' running QB and that would be as Wilson's backup. He would fit just fine with a coach who understands what he has and be a fine player to go to in the event Wilson went down. At least they are not afraid to design an offense around a player rather than make a statue out of runner. Fuck Pettine.

Archived