THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine satisfied with our effort

stillmotion

From the post game presser

On if he was satisfied with the Browns’ effort:

“Was I satisfied? Absolutely. Pull up the film and find me a guy that didn’t play hard and then go in the locker room and ask him if he played hard. That’s one thing: I thought our guys were flying around, but I give them some credit, too. It’s a good football team.”

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flying around in the wrong places.

You can't be 2-10 two years after taking over a 4-12 team ... and/OR Losing at home to a divisional rival 37-3 in year two.

Fire this shitshow, including Farmer ... Shelton and Erving are fucking awful, congratulations on going 0-4 in the first round in two years.

Z

Flying around in the wrong places.

You can't be 2-10 two years after taking over a 4-12 team ... and/OR Losing at home to a divisional rival 37-3 in year two.

Fire this shitshow, including Farmer ... Shelton and Erving are fucking awful, congratulations on going 0-4 in the first round in two years.

Z

Wait, you mean Erving is playing poorly only a few games into his rookie year at a position he's never played before?

Oh man, he IS bad.

Wait, you mean Erving is playing poorly only a few games into his rookie year at a position he's never played before?

Oh man, he IS bad.

So maybe he can be salvaged. But he ain't helping us now.

Hopefully the next staff makes him into a player.

Because getting thrown around like a rag doll at guard never translates to Center or Tackle.

So maybe he can be salvaged. But he ain't helping us now.

Hopefully the next staff makes him into a player.

Because getting thrown around like a rag doll at guard never translates to Center or Tackle.

He has the body type and experience of a tackle. He's not an interior lineman.

But yes, hopefully the next staff does make him a player. That's the problem with this staff - they were given talent and they can't use them. Farmer did his job, the rest of the staff didn't.

He has the body type and experience of a tackle. He's not an interior lineman.

But yes, hopefully the next staff does make him a player. That's the problem with this staff - they were given talent and they can't use them. Farmer did his job, the rest of the staff didn't.

There's a chance neither Farmer or Pet are good at their job.

Z

There's a chance neither Farmer or Pet are good at their job.

Z

There's a chance, but restarting with a new GM and a new coaching staff is much harder than restarting with just a new coaching staff.

Go find a coach that can win with these players, or promote Flip up and see. A firesale is just another reset.

What bothers me about Erving is that there were other 2nd to mid round targets at guard that looked very promising and didn't require a 1st round investment of this team for a position not in great need.

Example: Ali in Tampa who has come on strong over the second half of the season.

There's a chance, but restarting with a new GM and a new coaching staff is much harder than restarting with just a new coaching staff.

Go find a coach that can win with these players, or promote Flip up and see. A firesale is just another reset.

I vote for promoting Flip and getting a competent DC

if we hire an experienced GM or experienced head coach i'll feel a lot better.

how experienced were pettine, farmer, even o'neil at their jobs before they came here?

how experienced were pettine, farmer, even o'neil at their jobs before they came here?

IMO, that's the root cause of problem.

Not very, but I have a thing about former players becoming GM's. I think they have a greater chance of success than just random suits.

Farmer doesn't have much GM experience, but he was a player for three years, a scout for three years, and director of pro personnel for six years before coming to Cleveland - all jobs that require evaluation of talent and building a roster.

Not very, but I have a thing about former players becoming GM's. I think they have a greater chance of success than just random suits.

Farmer doesn't have much GM experience, but he was a player for three years, a scout for three years, and director of pro personnel for six years before coming to Cleveland - all jobs that require evaluation of talent and building a roster.

I'm not willing to completely cast out Farmer yet, i'm just exploring the possibility that he might suck at his job.

Seems to me that the talent on the field is an even bigger problem than how they are coached.

Compare Cincys roster to ours talent-wise, remember how many picks Lombardi et al handed over to Farmer and tell me how we got here.

We are worse at every position Farmer has adressed with the exception of 32 year old Karlos Dansby.

Z

Look I'm fine with dumping the coaching staff after the season on Pettine's time management gaffes alone.. But saying he is satisfied with the players' effort IS NOT the same as being satisfied with the score or outcome of the game. Saying there was no effort would lose the locker room and that is about the only thing he has left.. Could have been a subtle shot at Farmer for the roster he has to work with too. Who knows..

Look I'm fine with dumping the coaching staff after the season on Pettine's time management gaffes alone.. But saying he is satisfied with the players' effort IS NOT the same as being satisfied with the score or outcome of the game. Saying there was no effort would lose the locker room and that is about the only thing he has left.. Could have been a subtle shot at Farmer for the roster he has to work with too. Who knows..

You were satisfied with the players effort? He didn't have to say there was no effort, but to say he was absolutely satisfied with it is absolutely ridiculous.

sorry bro, but it was a sorry pathetic performance.

if he was satisfied I guess we couldn't of given much more effort then, right?

Our team couldn't of put up much more than 3 points, right?

If Pettine was satisfied with that effort than what kind of effort is he NOT satisfied with? Would he be satisfied with getting beat 63-0 at home too?

After you get your ass kicked like that by a division rival you don't say something like that.

I think we could of put more effort, the coaches and the players. If he truly doesn't believe that, get him the fuck out of Cleveland.

You were satisfied with the players effort? He didn't have to say there was no effort, but to say he was absolutely satisfied with it is absolutely ridiculous.

sorry bro, but it was a sorry pathetic performance.

if he was satisfied I guess we couldn't of given much more effort then, right?

Our team couldn't of put up much more than 3 points, right?

If Pettine was satisfied with that effort than what kind of effort is he NOT satisfied with? Would he be satisfied with getting beat 63-0 at home too?

After you get your ass kicked like that by a division rival you don't say something like that.

I think we could of put more effort, the coaches and the players. If he truly doesn't believe that, get him the fuck out of Cleveland.

Reread my post and try again. I said nothing about being satisfied personally. What we witnessed was an absolute shit show. I'm giving you a valid reason why Pettine may have said what he did.. I never said his logic was correct.

Archived