THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Hire Horton For D C

Mark O

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

horton hasnt ever coached a team witjh talent. And next year, when this talentless defense sucks again, im certain bad coaching will be the battle cry. again.

Except Arizona? Where he was good, to be fair.

That titans D is pretty damn talentless.

horton hasnt ever coached a team witjh talent. And next year, when this talentless defense sucks again, im certain bad coaching will be the battle cry. again.

maybe im wrong but I thought he was responsible for making Ariz a very good defense a few years ago, to which they've stayed a very good defense since.

maybe im wrong but I thought he was responsible for making Ariz a very good defense a few years ago, to which they've stayed a very good defense since.

That's what we thought the first go 'round.

AZ improved during his tenure from very bad in 2010 to middle of the pack in 2011-2012. Then in 2013 under Todd Bowles they made the jump to elite where they have pretty much remained for three years.

By the stats TN got worse, but the year preceding Ray's arrival could have been an anomaly.

Add it all up and it seems like a good "wait and see" situation...

he's not just a retread because of what he did with the browns in 2013. It's his whole damn career the last half decade +.........tennessee's defense is fucking terrible. Yeah we can say "he doesnt have the players", but they are still terrible. And give up tons of big chunk plays, third down and long conversions, etc....watch the last qtr of the colts-titans game. That is one piss poor scheme.

And pep hamilton? Jesus christ.....he's the only guy alive who can make andrew luck look like he sucks.

This is BULLSHIT. I felt ok about the hue hire to start with, but him bringing back a RETREAD is BULLSHIT. I see some of you guys are trying to cherry pick various aspects of Horton's defense from his first go round with us. That's misleading at best, downright dishonesty at worst. You can cherry pick other stats from that defense that look like shit. But regardless of what stats one looks at, I watched that team. So did you guys. And at NO TIME did I feel the scheme was excellent or we had a defense to respect when it mattered. This idiot has been with like 4 different teams over the past 4-5 years.....RETREAD.

So this isn't a good sign. Anyone spinning it as a positive is FOS imo. Also, and this is a more minor point, but is Hue trying to run a football team or the rainbow coalition? I don't mean the color of the hires(I could care less about color)....what I mean is with seemingly every hire and potential hire there are stories about how him and the browns are working with this organization(likely a shakedown organization) to promote coaches of color and probably global warming and land mine safety and god knows what else. This is not the reason I hate the hire of Horton(the fact that he is an uninspiring retread hire is the reason), but it certainly doesnt help....

Hey bright eyes....EVERY "experienced" Coach EVERWHERE is a retread! Lighten up Francis!

If you're a Browns' Fan, just try supporting the Browns as a whole instead of bellyaching about everything.

Mike

Hey bright eyes....EVERY "experienced" Coach EVERWHERE is a retread! Lighten up Francis!

If you're a Browns' Fan, just try supporting the Browns as a whole instead of bellyaching about everything.

Mike

He's not a Browns fan....he's a Johnny Manziel fan who only started posting when his boyfriend became the starter. He'll be gone from here soon enough with most of the other faggy fanboys who are only here because Johnny dipshit got drafted by the Browns.

yeah, it's time for Jackson to go. It really is. I mean how much more do we have to watch of this? Its' just evident this isn't going anywhere.

This post made me laugh out loud.

To flush the flush would be novel, even for the Browns...

They can claim they wanted Patricia the whole time, anyway...

He's not a Browns fan....he's a Johnny Manziel fan who only started posting when his boyfriend became the starter. He'll be gone from here soon enough with most of the other faggy fanboys who are only here because Johnny dipshit got drafted by the Browns.

You have issues.

You have issues.

Well, most of the Johnny Fan Club has already left the building. Mark's just stating the obvious.

I'm sure assuming when we draft Goff a bunch of Cal fans will get on board.

Well, most of the Johnny Fan Club has already left the building. Mark's just stating the obvious.

yes.

i will say though throughout the whole manziel era in cleveland that the only 2 true manziel/A+M fans that have stuck it out through thick and thin are AG and wargo. gotta give them credit for having thicker skin than me, and that shows alot.

hope they stick around no matter what happens with mr. manziel.

if not i got their addresses so they'll be gettin some type of tee come august/sept bo matter what. and i'd miss them if they leave.

hmmmm....tshirt design contest with horton jeers a jew, i mean hears a hoo...... will be priceless.

And the rest of the staff:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-complete-offensive-special-teams-staffs/5e3f1d64-e1c9-4548-a96b-44e5e252aa7f

Pep Hamilton (associate head coach-offense), Al Saunders (Sr. offensive assistant/wide receivers), Kirby Wilson (running backs/run game coordinator), Hal Hunter (offensive line), Mark Hudson (assistant offensive line), Greg Seamon (tight ends) and Bob Saunders (offensive quality control) will round out the offensive staff, while Shawn Mennenga (special teams assistant) and Stan Watson (special teams quality control) rejoin special teams coordinator Chris Tabor

And the rest of the staff:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-complete-offensive-special-teams-staffs/5e3f1d64-e1c9-4548-a96b-44e5e252aa7f

Pep Hamilton (associate head coach-offense), Al Saunders (Sr. offensive assistant/wide receivers), Kirby Wilson (running backs/run game coordinator), Hal Hunter (offensive line), Mark Hudson (assistant offensive line), Greg Seamon (tight ends) and Bob Saunders (offensive quality control) will round out the offensive staff, while Shawn Mennenga (special teams assistant) and Stan Watson (special teams quality control) rejoin special teams coordinator Chris Tabor

Sounds good, And I imagine Horton is pillaging the Tits for defensive guys.

I am ready for training camp.

Zombo

Zombo

I'm excited for the offseason, and the pre-season and the season. I'm excited for a GM, I'm excited for free agency, I'm excited for the draft.

Zombo

Word is we already hired Louie Cioffi as DBs coach from the Titans (was also here in 2013) and Nick Eason DL coach (also here in 2013, but in lesser capacity I think)

Word is we already hired Louie Cioffi as DBs coach from the Titans (was also here in 2013) and Nick Eason DL coach (also here in 2013, but in lesser capacity I think)

He played for us.

120971569-cleveland-browns-lineman-nick-

I was *never* a JM fan. I've always been pretty outspoken about the fact that I don't think Manziel has what it takes to be a good nfl qb. Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else.....btw, how is your boy pettine doing? You predicted all of the last season that he would be back this year. ooooops. And yeah, I am going to keep reminding you of that........

Yep, this is his son.

And Bob Saunders is Al's son.

Zombo

Thanks Z.. I was gonna say the son of a bitch has to be 100 years old.. He looks just like his dad , too.

Wooten Say Tit's "insulted" Ray Horton

LOL.. really?.. I cant believe we hired this idiot again..

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/01/17/ray-horton-insulted-titans-join-browns/78937956/

Really?! Wow, you kept that well hidden!

Actually not really....every third post even before he started some games I would comment on how I don't think he has an nfl skill set. Perhaps you just chose not to read it.

I have been right on every single prognostication I've made in here.....

Actually not really....every third post even before he started some games I would comment on how I don't think he has an nfl skill set. Perhaps you just chose not to read it.

I have been right on every single prognostication I've made in here.....

giphy.gif

Wooten Say Tit's "insulted" Ray Horton

LOL.. really?.. I cant believe we hired this idiot again..

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/01/17/ray-horton-insulted-titans-join-browns/78937956/

The "idiot" who got us a higher ranked defense that O'Neill could only dream of? People tend to forget he only spent one season here plus how many experienced coordinators were available other than him and Schwartz? Hue has smartly decided he needs experience on that side of the ball as he'll be focused on the offense. If Pettine wasn't so unsure of himself and had done the same maybe he'd still be here.

I'll go out on a limb and say war's comment was more to the style of Mark's post than it's substance...

I'm excited for the offseason, and the pre-season and the season. I'm excited for a GM, I'm excited for free agency, I'm excited for the draft.

lol...

1. Pace yourself.

2. It's sad how competitive off-season excitement has been for Browns' fans...

I was *never* a JM fan. I've always been pretty outspoken about the fact that I don't think Manziel has what it takes to be a good nfl qb. Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else.....btw, how is your boy pettine doing? You predicted all of the last season that he would be back this year. ooooops. And yeah, I am going to keep reminding you of that........

Dude... how much longer is it going to take before you understand you cannot run away from your past? IF you've changed your mind... great. But why try to pretend you were not a backer?

Your very first post here was to start a new tread entitled: JF has 200 more starts for the browns.

Here's the link: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31302

Here is your OP, not just for that thread, but for this entire site...

Since this is just one, calm the heck down.

You know who else struggled to get their team going today? Aaron Rodgers.

And even though it's only one start, you could see some of the upside. Look at one of the early throws- second possession on third down. He scrambles up effortlessly, checks to number 3 receiver, and then throws a dart that is dropped. Would have been 20 yards at least on a play most every qb gets sacked on.

Johnny is here to stay, and a few rough spots in the final few games of the year won't change that.

It's up to the browns to put quality pieces around Johnny now....some more stout pass pro, more explosive wideouts, and better coaches. If the gm can't put higher quality pieces around JF, the gm will be gone. If Shannon and Pettine can't get things rolling, they will be gone. The constant moving forward(way forward) is JF, so everyone else would do well to get on board. Johnny isn't under any pressure to get better quickly IMO- others are.

Archived