THE BROWNS BOARD

Gipson to the Jags

sdballis

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were 3-13, the 2nd worst team in the league... The guys we lost were a part of that...

What exactly do we have to lose?

That's some messed up logic. Just because a team has a 3-13 season doesn't mean you don't have talent at certain positions. Texans went 2-14 with JJ Watt I guess he's a no talent jag that should have been let go.

The Browns went from a 3-13 team to a 0-16, 1-15 Team today. Can those players be replaced? Yes but it's going to take longer now.

I thought Miller was hurt that day which is why Sparrett was in there.

Miller played the whole game. Shaq Barrett played in place of Ware who was out with an injury. Barrett had a very good game, but his pressures came off inside loops as part of blitz schemes.

Miller had one QB Hit at Mitch's expense off an inside spin move.

Here's the weekly grades: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38364&do=findComment&comment=540912

Almost forgot this is a Gipson thread...

$7mm and change per year seems high to me for unverified potential.

$7mm and change per year seems high to me for unverified potential.

That could be what the analytics say... Gipson has injury history, had one truly good year, and there was obviously bad blood here. Why pay 7mil for him when you can get 80% of his production for half the cost??

That could be what the analytics say... Gipson has injury history, had one truly good year, and there was obviously bad blood here. Why pay 7mil for him when you can get 80% of his production for half the cost??

I think that was Tour's point, Gipson isn't worth that money.

Miller played the whole game. Shaq Barrett played in place of Ware who was out with an injury. Barrett had a very good game, but his pressures came off inside loops as part of blitz schemes.

Miller had one QB Hit at Mitch's expense off an inside spin move.

Here's the weekly grades: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38364&do=findComment&comment=540912

Miller or Barret? Cause I distinctly remember Barrett blasting our QB. No i mean like killshot. I couldn't believe he got up, i thought it was McCown but maybe it was Manziel. I know this cause of how many times I rewound the tape. It was Mitch. He cut Barrett loose twice, once to the outside and once to the inside. And they weren't no loops either Tour. Barrett just ran straight into the QB. And in a 3-4 your OLB'ers aren't "blitzing" when they pressure the QB. THey are primary edge rushers. There's never an excuse when one of them gets in unless someone else is rushing on that side and the guard and tackle get their assignments mixed up. Maybe on the inside pressure Mitch thought Irving was gonna take him....but again with no one else to the right anywhere near the line, why wouldn't you help your Guard and chip the rusher? When he cut Barret loose to the outside there was zero excuse. There was no RB on his side either, not that you'd want your RB matched up against their primary edge anyway. But there was no one. Who did he think was gonna stop Barret from crushing the QB? And this happened more than once throughout the season Tour. Each time i rewound the tape i'm like are you fucking kidding me that came from the right again? Sometimes it was hard to see if it was Schwartz or the RG but fuck that side had some issues.

Good things its only one day......we have weeks to go.....

sorry mud, there are not many more good players left...bad day but hey, that is what happens when you are a consistant loser. No one wants to play for you..It's going to be up to the draft once again. They are not going to get good free agents until they can show they can win...that's the bottom line mud...

sorry mud, there are not many more good players left...bad day but hey, that is what happens when you are a consistant loser. No one wants to play for you..It's going to be up to the draft once again. They are not going to get good free agents until they can show they can win...that's the bottom line mud...

exactly....every one is mad, as if it was the Browns who decided for these guys to leave.....we made good offers to both Mack and Schwartz, but they still signed elsewhere.....and for less than we offered them....thats on them, what were we supposed to do?...hold a gun to their head?.....

and to say there are not many good players left?....ha...there never were many good players....believe me, Benji and Gipson are not that good and no where near worth the contracts they got(not even close)....we can go sign other average guys to replace them or actually even try to improve.....same with the OL....plenty of guys left out there, so dont see why we cant sign some and be as good(or better)....

hell, last year we gave Gipson a third round tender and not one team made an offer....not one....and now, all of a sudden, he's worth 7 mil a year?!?!(he's not)......maybe we didnt get better "today", but resigning guys like Benji and Gipson for WAY too much money aint making us better either....

this team has a lot of work to do before it starts winning and over paying a few average players today wont change that.....especially if they're guys who dont even want to be here....whats the point in that?

the team sucks and the only way to improve is to get new players, so time to start....always amazed how everyone cries every time a player leaves, as if everyone that leaves is some kind of super star.....please.....

Absolutely dead spot on Sir Mud. Surely Gipson & Mack both were disappointed with Farmers contract negotiations but for damn sure their agents & players union knew at sometime the new cap & market was going up & look it's raining money.. that gun Farmer had to their head had no bullets. As always the cap was there, but was that the time to use it before we got to today will always linger but we won no more games with them. The truth is, we still offered all of them better deals and they all wanted out. The Schwartz is my pisser of the day, but out of all of our FA's he's playing for a winner, great coach & great football city. I wish him well..

....always amazed how everyone cries every time a player leaves, as if everyone that leaves is some kind of super star.....please.....

Why amazed?

Everyone has their favs...

Every fav is rose-colored...

More than enough posters to cover the roster... a couple times over...

Wasn't that long ago we had a couple worst-to-first debates...

Hope is a thin commodity around here and yesterday we went 0-4 boosting our hope...

... and that's just defending our now former players.

Related - the Jags could be serious this year. Their O is pretty decent and should only improve, Bortles getting better, Allen's improving and Julius Thomas being not injured. Then on D Malik Jackson, the return of Dante Fowler, and if they can pick up Bosa (Tunsil/Goff/Jack/Ramsey going top for is not impossible) then look out for a very mean front four.

So many ways to spend that #32 pick, why not one more?

Again tho... am I the only one not dreading the thought of starting Poyer?

Again tho... am I the only one not dreading the thought of starting Poyer?

Im down....FS isn't a big worry for me.....Poyer played fine in relief last season and I think we have some other prospects for that role that would/could do just fine.....

Im down....FS isn't a big worry for me.....Poyer played fine in relief last season and I think we have some other prospects for that role that would/could do just fine.....

So you're not in Camp Bell, then, but... ;)

(word play is for studs)

... and I think we have some other prospects for that role that would/could do just fine.....

Perhaps a tall, athletic former CB that learned to tackle on STs last year?

So you're not in Camp Bell, then, but... ;)

(word play is for studs)

Im still in Camp Bell @ SS.....

Perhaps a tall, athletic former CB that learned to tackle on STs last year?

Yes!....perhaps.....and think Desir and Olomu are viable options too......

But...I like Poyer....think he has developed nicely as a player....

I have to agree with Mud....only Schwartz is a loss and he is replaceable! We were 3-13 with these

players and there is hope the new coaches see these players as not worth it! This OL with Mack and

Schwartz got at least three QBs hurt last year. We can upgrade for less $$$$ GO BROWNS

By far one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. We can upgrade over Schwartz and Mack for less money? LOL you're delusional, the amount of spinning in this thread is vomit inducing.

Archived