THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Wentz Part Deux

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let it be so. Hope to take a trip to Tennessee this summer.....

Done...

I'm doing Miami, so TN is not in the cards for 2016, but I have a long memory when I win... and an even longer one when I lose... :)

Change thread title to Camp Prescott

I suspect we will have to beat Denver to he punch with our #32. I'm betting they take him @ #63 before our #65 otherwise. Only another trade down would allow us to beat them further down than #32.

If not Wentz, I have been on board with only Prescott since forever

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39579&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Did not know that "forever" was a day late and a dollar short... ;)

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38349&page=2&do=findComment&comment=540566

Welcome newcomer...

Also watched Dak's Gruden Camp episode last nite... pretty good, but he does have work to do getting out from under Center. Both his 5 and 7 step drops are rough and you can almost hear him counting the steps. Once he even stopped at 5 when the call was for 7.

Personality-wise he was great... second best I've seen so far. Should have erased any concerns about the DUI folks may have had.

Well, let's take a looky-look at the wide receivers difference.

A Year Ago

One of the strongest positional groups in the Pac-12, the Bears

receivers were one of the bright spots during a fairly mediocre

2014 season. No receiver broke the 1,000 yard mark, but five wideouts

caught five or more touchdowns.

Juniors Chris Harper, Bryce Treggs, and Trevor Davis were all

outstanding, and were considered to be playmakers before the season

even started. But it was Sophomore Kenny Lawler who stole the show

over the course of the season, amassing over 700 yards receiving

and nine touchdowns.

Overall, the wideout group for the Bears was just another outstanding

group in a pretty outstanding Cal offense. The receivers helped

quarterback Jared Goff, and running back Daniel Lasco, lead a potent

Cal Bear offensive attack that pretty much carried the whole team.

This group looks to continue to grow off their 2014 campaign, in

which they ranked 6th in the NCAA in passing yards per game.

lets look at the overall team difference. Wentz went to a dominant program that was winning championships before he got there. When Wentz was injured the team didn't miss him, as they continued to roll through their softer-than-baby-shit competition.

Goff went to a laughing stock 1-11 program and brought Cal football back to relevance. I'm not saying that Wentz is a bad prospect, but your argument does not compute.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3639012-banged-receiver-corps-takes-another-hit

So, Wentz came back from an injury, wins championship with far less wr talent than

Goff.

you mean Wentz lead the Bison to their FIFTH straight championship. Carson is so good that he brought winning to NDSU before he Joined the roster! It's a shame that Mount Union turned him down, they could've used the help.

Meh... water under the dam now, Royce...

One big happy family again.

I can't recall a single thing that Mike, Tour and I have agreed on.

Shit.

Well, since you seem to have come around on Dak... that's one...

Actually seems like there have been quite a few even tho I can't recall many off the top of my head.

Also watched Dak's Gruden Camp episode last nite... pretty good, but he does have work to do getting out from under Center. Both his 5 and 7 step drops are rough and you can almost hear him counting the steps. Once he even stopped at 5 when the call was for 7.

Personality-wise he was great... second best I've seen so far. Should have erased any concerns about the DUI folks may have had.

You boys are all coming around to my guy. This is the one time I can think of that I hope he goes to us instead of my long term team, the Broncos.

But if we don't get him, I hope they do.

You boys are all coming around to my guy. This is the one time I can think of that I hope he goes to us instead of my long term team, the Broncos.

But if we don't get him, I hope they do.

Your guy??? I'm talking about Prescott... ;)

Archived