THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Wentz Part Deux

BrownsDawgPound

Welcome To Cleveland, Carson Wentz!

According to Alex Flanagan of the NFL Network, the Browns might select top QB prospect Carson Wentz, because he has a and stronger frame, more maturity, and cold weather upbringing from North Dakota with the #2 pick. If the Browns draft him, Wentz could be the face of the Browns franchise for years to come,

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's for nearly certain that the Browns don't miss the chance

to draft their qb at two. I -think- it will be Wentz. He's just a perfect fit.

But, it could be Goff, who is right up there in this elite qb prospect list

in this draft....

which I think is a list of two qb's. They are different, but both elite. It's up

to them, and whichever one they pick, I'm great with.

I just think it's Wentz, he's an outdoorsman, and will go fishing with Joe Thomas.

It's a no brainer.

The Tie ? Breaker between Wentz and Goff..why Wentz will be drafted by the Browns

They are both elite qbs. But I watch Wentz being interviewed, he has personality,

and smiles a lot, laughs, makes jokes...

and when you read up on who is he.... he loves the outdoors, he's brilliant in class.

well rounded, fishes/hunts......

and he has a very adorable, pretty girlfriend.

You watch Goff, he seems to not smile much, doesn't joke around much, and any picture

of him seems to be about sports. And he talks about sports. On his free time, he

plays a soccer video game.

Does he get out and do anything else besides the video game and football?

Haven't been able to tell.

Here's what I mean - Wentz is so cool, he attracts people to him.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/01/27/carson-wentz-talks-dallas-cowboys-hunting-qb-tries-emulate

On being an outdoorsman:

"I'm big into hunting, getting out and getting away whenever I can. I just enjoy the outdoors. I hunt a little bit of everything, as much as I can in North Dakota. A lot of deer and pheasants. In the winter, coyotes, the whole nine yards."

On the kill he's most proud of:

"I got a pretty big buck a couple years ago, but I just love getting out. Whatever it is I'm doing, even if it's just going out hiking or whatever, I just love getting out and seeing the world."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-is-what-qb-carson-wentz-means-to-state-of-north-dakota-011222800.html;_ylt=A0LEVjJ2xO5Wq7sAqBEPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByaWg0YW05BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM4BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

He grew up here, playing sports constantly with his older brother. Zach Wentz was always taller, always better, and he routinely beat Carson in everything until the boy became so frustrated that their parents stepped in. Zach still kept winning anyway. (He still holds the Century passing records, and reminds Carson of this on the regular.) "I probably picked on him too much," Zach says, "because I knew I could beat him and I knew it would rile him up."

All of this made the little brother pretty tough-minded, and the boys became closer and even more resilient after their parents divorced. Zach became a star baseball player and Carson chose football. Carson was a fast-twitch thinker, and he wasn't much for standing in the outfield for 30 minutes waiting for another at-bat.

"He's next play, next play, go, go go," Zach says. "He was a little more impatient than I was."

View gallery

080e9930-d900-11e5-9041-a51322c8f0a1_IMG

Zach Wentz still likes to tease his younger brother Carson. (Y Sports)

Carson could handle information quickly, and all of his coaches marveled at this ability even before he grew into his football frame. While his classmates were getting senioritis in 12th grade, Carson was not only trying out for basketball, he was taking calculus even though he didn't need it to graduate. "He challenged himself," says Wingenbach, who taught Wentz in pre-calculus, "and came out of there with an A." Some quarterbacks have the size and skill first, and then develop the intellectual thirst; for Carson, it happened the other way.

So, that's a little bit about the great guy Carson Wentz is.

There's more - easy to search on the net:

Here's a picture of his longtime girlfriend, Melissa:

screen-shot-2016-01-28-at-9-19-05-am.jpg

well, I just lost my entire post adding Jared Goff's stuff, because it was merged here, which is fine....

so, in short, since I don't want to do all that over again....

Jared Goff

https://twitter.com/JaredGoff16

Can shoot a basketball. Went to Cal football media days...

CLNis7_UsAAkliK.jpg

and got interviewed by a pretty gal:

screen_shot_2013-05-04_at_1.03.56_am.0.p

and he loves his teammates and plays a soccer video game a LOT.

That's pretty much it.

Wentz wins. I mean, google up Wentz's girlfriend,

and try to find Goff's girlfriend.

Hey, Goff doesn't get around much. Terrific qb, but pretty much boring, which explains

his boring demeanor in interviews.

Wentz and his pretty girlfriend, and hunting/hiking outdoors, etc etc etc.,

he's a terrific, fun guy, attracts people to him.

Goff, plays football, plays a video game.... eh......

Oh, Wentz is the guy for the Browns. Bank on it.

Hey, I'm just googling and trying to know a little more about these two guys,

because whichever one the Browns draft, ya have to live with, and I'd rather

like a Browns player,

than always think he's boring as hell.

The cold weather edge given to Wentz is just Retarded. It never bothered guys like Aaron Rodgers, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, and I'm sure there's others that I can't recall at the moment.

I would guess there are other intangibles between Goff & Wentz that are more meaningful. Such as, Goff played from the spread formation against primarily PAC 12 competition while Wentz played more of a pro set against the Missouri Valley Conference. Who has the advantage?? Beats me.

Welcome to cleveland brandon weedon 2.0. Dont get comfortable cause ur a temp after all. That is if u could get comfortable, cause with all those concussions and sprained this or that...which u will get within ur first few games....ur life is going to be miserable.

Oh and all these assclowns that are annointing u our 2nd coming of bernie before you've even been drafted.....same asshats that will be cheering when u go into the protocol for the 3rd or 4th time within 2 years. And when ur career limps off the field for the last time, thats if ur lucky you could go out on stretcher, they'll be saying oh thank god i cant beleive we didnt take goff, i sooo wanted goff.

Yeah welcome to cleveland buddy, at least you'll have good health insurance and the cleveland clinic nearby

Welcome to cleveland brandon weedon 2.0. Dont get comfortable cause ur a temp after all. That is if u could get comfortable, cause with all those concussions and sprained this or that...which u will get within ur first few games....ur life is going to be miserable.

Oh and all these assclowns that are annointing u our 2nd coming of bernie before you've even been drafted.....same asshats that will be cheering when u go into the protocol for the 3rd or 4th time within 2 years. And when ur career limps off the field for the last time, thats if ur lucky you could go out on stretcher, they'll be saying oh thank god i cant beleive we didnt take goff, i sooo wanted goff.

Yeah welcome to cleveland buddy, at least you'll have good health insurance and the cleveland clinic nearby

He fuck your boyfriend?

So if Bosa was the underachiever would that make you happier?

Bizzaro land

Not really Mike. I sort of like Cal going TMZ for us, & I like all those pics with the great North Dakota outdoors in the background. Must have been western ND- because IIRC most of eastern ND is pretty flat. We have a pretty big outdoorsy type playing LT for us. :)

So Carson has a cute GF (no reports of him busting her up yet), Jarred keeps a very low profile, and tends to keep his private life- private. :)

Welcome To Cleveland, Carson Wentz!

According to Alex Flanagan of the NFL Network, the Browns might select top QB prospect Carson Wentz, because he has a and stronger frame, more maturity, and cold weather upbringing from North Dakota with the #2 pick. If the Browns draft him, Wentz could be the face of the Browns franchise for years to come,

Alex Flanagan. lol

i wish i could make a Alex F. vs Mary Kay C. poll as my post.

^^ "...because he has a _____ and stronger frame"

what is missing in your quote BDP?

Too bad Wentz is too young to run for the Republican Prez nomination... :)

indeed. ^_^

in fairness, we could do worse. in more fairness, if he brought us 5 + SB rings then retired early and went into politics, show me a Browns fan that WOULDN'T vote for him regardless of party affiliation. actually, that's a bizarro land i'd prefer living in. sign me up.

presidents are about as relevant as the make/model of a taxicab.

The cold weather edge given to Wentz is just Retard. It never bothered guys like Aaron Rodgers, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, and I'm sure there's others that I can't recall at the moment.

seems like many can deal with it, some secretly hate and loathe it...but there are a couple that totally thrive in it.

Wentz is more battle tested than Goff in this area, agree?

Wentz is more battle tested than Goff in this area, agree?

Goff actually played against D1 level competition, not the sisters of the poor.

If the Browns are going to draft a QB I hope it's Goff, but if they draft Wentz I wouldn't bitch.

Archived