THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Wentz Part Deux

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's his name never met lennay, his "online girlfriend".

Wentz has pictures of himself with his girlfriend all over the place.

see the difference? at all?

come on.

Dude y'all are overhyping the kid and putting him on a pedestal. I still stick by my gut that says Goff will be a better QB. Wentz is a ginger (never trust a ginger). I also like the fact that Goff keeps a low profile. And Wentz' girlfriend isn't that hott.... c'mon now. I'm not saying i'd be upset with picking Wentz but i'd prefer Goff.

Dude y'all are overhyping the kid and putting him on a pedestal. I still stick by my gut that says Goff will be a better QB. Wentz is a ginger (never trust a ginger). I also like the fact that Goff keeps a low profile. And Wentz' girlfriend isn't that hott.... c'mon now. I'm not saying i'd be upset with picking Wentz but i'd prefer Goff.

Those are three very important attributes in scouting a QB - gingerness, profile, girlfriend hotness.

Looked like he had issues once it rained.

You watching the same thing as I am? 1 bad throw and it's "issues" ... great

Maybe he'll fall to pick 32 because of that one really bad throw.

Scripted portion of Wentz workout is complete: 65 passes 63 completions 1 drop 1 overthrow

One of the best pro days I've ever witnessed. Wentz reminds me of Joe Flacco. He had 2 55-yard passes that were as pretty as I've seen.

My friend just texted and said he was watching Wentz's pro day. He said he looked like "Robocop" throwing the ball out there, and the ball hardly hit the ground. Said the arm looked strong, but not quite the zest of someone like Flacco.

I know it's not scientific, but just some food for thought.

My friend just texted and said he was watching Wentz's pro day. He said he looked like "Robocop" throwing the ball out there, and the ball hardly hit the ground. Said the arm looked strong, but not quite the zest of someone like Flacco.

I know it's not scientific, but just some food for thought.

Something to remember: his arm wasn't full strength in FCS NCG, or at combine, after missing a couple months of football. It looked better today

Something to remember: his arm wasn't full strength in FCS NCG, or at combine, after missing a couple months of football. It looked better today

So, no John Elway he?

I mean, its great to see him do well.....against the thin air. But what about when he has to throw against NFL DBs...and with NFL DE's OLBs, DTs breathing down his neck. That is why these exercises are of such limited value.

Brandt: Wentz had one of best pro days I've ever witnessed
  • 0ap1000000217559.jpg
  • By Chase Goodbread
  • College Football 24/7 writer
  • Published: March 24, 2016 at 12:43 p.m.
  • Updated: March 24, 2016 at 01:28 p.m.
  • 1 Likes | 16 Comments

A quarterback can only look so good to NFL scouts in a pro-day setting, where the environment is sterilized from pads, defenses and pressure situations, but Carson Wentz made as strong an impression as possible Thursday.

And the early reviews glowed.

NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt, with more than a half century of NFL scouting experience, called it one of the best pro days he's ever witnessed and said Wentz reminds him of former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens. According to Brandt, Wentz completed 63 passes in a 65-throw script, with one overthrow and one drop. Brandt noted the best pro day by a quarterback he's seen came from thePhiladelphia Eagles' Sam Bradford, who was the No. 1 overall selection of the St. Louis Rams in the 2010 NFL Draft.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah was impressed with the workout as well, saying "That's an A if not an A-plus."

As he did last week with Cal quarterback Jared Goff, Cleveland Browns assistant coach Pep Hamilton followed Wentz's script by asking him to throw some extra passes with a ball doused with water. The first of those throws from Wentz fluttered and was badly underthrown.

"The first one obviously went right into the dirt," Wentz said with a laugh onNFL Network. "... It was pretty doused; that would've been a torrential downpour."

Wentz's session was witnessed by only 18 NFL clubs because of weather problems.

The narrative that Wentz and Goff are running even as the top two quarterbacks available in the 2016 NFL Draft is beginning to give way to a perceived edge for Wentz, the former North Dakota State quarterback who conducted his pro-day workout Thursday for NFL coaches and scouts. First, there was NFL Media analyst Charley Casserly, who polled 15 NFL executives about the two quarterbacks and found a majority of them favored Wentz. And Mayock is seeing things much the same.

"I've watched every game that he was in this year, and I'm more convinced than ever that he's the top quarterback in this draft," Mayock said on NFL HQ. " ... This kid controls the line of scrimmage. He's under center, he's in (shotgun), he controls all the pass protections, and he can make every throw."

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Nice link Mike- Showed what I needed to see. Kid doubtless has an NFL arm. Hue is gonna have to ask is he accurate enough.

So, no John Elway he?

I mean, its great to see him do well.....against the thin air. But what about when he has to throw against NFL DBs...and with NFL DE's OLBs, DTs breathing down his neck. That is why these exercises are of such limited value.

I remember way back in '99 our UCF alum said he saw Duante Culpepper throw it 90 yards once. Heck, there's HS quarterbacks that can throw it 50 yards, but Wentz does it effortlessly.

After watching Carson Wentz' pro day, I am officially joining Camp Wentz. He looks real good, I like him as much as Mariota or better.

You're right about personality, he has it. I'm betting the farm Hue Jackson & FO take at #2. He will be a franchise QB.

Archived