THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon entering rehab

LondonBrown

Well,hot dang, another ass wipe.

My bad for having an opinion you dipshit. Having him on the team isn't going to fix all of the Browns problems. With or without him we move on. Your vagina hurts because he's trying to get help? Haha. Some of you guys here are something else.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bad for having an opinion you dipshit. Having him on the team isn't going to fix all of the Browns problems. With or without him we move on. Your vagina hurts because he's trying to get help? Haha. Some of you guys here are something else.

Look, man: I don't think anybody here is pissed at him for wanting to get help; the dude obviously has a drug problem.

But...

...its really fucked that the motherfucker has had plenty of time to decide to go get help before the season even started. He was gone from the game for well over a year, when he had absolutely nothing to do but to stay clean, stay in shape, and stay out of trouble. There was ample amount of time to address his problems then, not a fucking week BEFORE he's supposed to return to a team that desperately needed his help. It's a bullshit move on his part, and he's fucking over his teammates, the Browns organization, and the Browns fans - all who have bent over backwards to accommodate the guy and support him.

I don't see this as a bad thing.

For us, sure. But, barring some heretofore unannounced drug test failure, it seems like he's just putting a full recovery before his return. Yeah it would have been cool to do this before, but I'm never going to fault a guy for trying to get clean for good.

I would ordinarily agree, as a recovering addict clean 21 years now I am all about hoping he gets it. Having said that the timing is more than just a little wierd. You have to wonder if he simply doesn;t want to play or doesnt want to play for us.

I know we have always had some bum luck as a team but overall my god this year is just friggin unreal, its like an episode of the Twilight Zone, QB1 out, QB1 out, WR1 out, kicker fucks leg in a WALKTHROUGH, DE breaks hand in practice, RG gets a DUI. I am sure I missed a few too. its straight out of a sci fi movie.

I would ordinarily agree, as a recovering addict clean 21 years now I am all about hoping he gets it. Having said that the timing is more than just a little wierd. You have to wonder if he simply doesn;t want to play or doesnt want to play for us.

If he leaves and goes to another team (like the pats) and lights it up i'll fucking flip....

"oh danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling."

(cough cough cough)

now go join blackmon on the porch passin fatties and that purple drank.

Done with the guy- probably the Browns too.

Look, man: I don't think anybody here is pissed at him for wanting to get help; the dude obviously has a drug problem.

But...

...its really fucked that the motherfucker has had plenty of time to decide to go get help before the season even started. He was gone from the game for well over a year, when he had absolutely nothing to do but to stay clean, stay in shape, and stay out of trouble. There was ample amount of time to address his problems then, not a fucking week BEFORE he's supposed to return to a team that desperately needed his help. It's a bullshit move on his part, and he's fucking over his teammates, the Browns organization, and the Browns fans - all who have bent over backwards to accommodate the guy and support him.

This. ^^^^

how much this was a ploy to get cut by the browns?

or he knew he'd get popped doing a drug test as soon as he reported back and he was dirty. at least someone finally is telling him the smart thing to do as an agent or advisor. too bad he's fucked us 100 ways 'til sunday before this.

Good thing he hasn't done shit this year for us. Who cares, we are witnessing the beginning on an amazing talent in T. Pryor. He wants to win, he has shown he gives a fuck, and will do whatever it takes to help the team. Let Gordon do whatever and maybe he comes back ready to go. If not fuck him, we have other shit to worry about.

Doesn't sound like this is a relapse situation. Sounds like he's doing the correct thing here, which by his track record is a HUGE step in the right direction. And it sounds like the browns and the NFL have his back on it.

Barring bad news, failed drug test, I would definitely want this guy back on my team.

Any negativity towards his decision is high unwarranted.

nope. this reeks of some move strategically planned. a week before?

GTFO.

Yep...To quote Shakespeare, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark".

Where are all the "Josh got screwed" folks now? He opts for rehab one week before his return? Yeah, right.

Mike

Doesn't sound like this is a relapse situation. Sounds like he's doing the correct thing here, which by his track record is a HUGE step in the right direction. And it sounds like the browns and the NFL have his back on it.

Barring bad news, failed drug test, I would definitely want this guy back on my team.

Any negativity towards his decision is high unwarranted.

WHAT ? Fuck that guy he has all the time in the GodDAMN world to seek help and he waits till now ? Look he either pissed dirty or doent want to play for the Browns it really is that simple,but you want him back ? Fuck Off

how much this was a ploy to get cut by the browns?

you know you got uncle ray ray whispering in his ear to get off the trainwreck that IS the cleveland browns, they cut him, he goes to kansas city and he once again becomes pro-bowler overnite.

If this is true, then the fucking joke is on Gordon.

If I remember the rules correctly, a player has to appear in at least 6 games in one season to accrue one year on their contract. From where Gordon fucked us last time, he still owes the Browns a year on his 4 year rookie contract, which would be this season.

As long as he's not active with the Browns and/or doesn't appear in 6 games this year, the Browns don't have to pay him for the whole season, and he'll still owe the club another year.

And, even if he does complete this season, he'll be a RFA instead of an UFA. Because an RFA price tag is not expensive, if the Browns chose to, they would basically own the rights to Gordon through the 2017 season with very little financial obligation.

So yeah, let him sit out if he wants. The Browns won't be obligated to pay him, and he won't be able to play for anyone else until he finishes his contract with the Browns.

He said himself he has been under ALOT of stress last week or so. And as a recovering addict, BS arrest warrants for paternity tests involving a child would definitely put the amount of stress that would trigger a relapse.

Oh nooooo I drafted him on my fantasy team and now I'm screwd. I'm sure that's ALOT of the fuss. Fucking fags that are hating on him for actually getting help before he fucks up and can never come back to the NFL are the worst type of fans. And don't act like this guy has had break after break when he has missed more time for his bag full of misdemeanors when guys that beat a woman half to death are getting slaps on the wrist.

...Any negativity towards his decision is high unwarranted.

Maybe you need to go to rehab with him then, because if you honestly believe that dogshit, then you too have a weed problem.

JBluhm86 makes a really really good point. What's he been doing all this time? He hasn't played since 2014! Couldn't he get help during this time? This guy Gordon has mental problems to go along with his addiction. Like Johnny A$$hole, he hasn't got a clue.

GOOD RIDDANCE

NEXT MAN UP IS TYRELLE PRYOR

BTW, Michael Irvin said on "Inside The NFL" that Pryor was the best athlete in the NFL. I THINK WE CAN WORK WITH HIM Seeing how he has a passion for the game!

If he leaves and goes to another team (like the pats) and lights it up i'll fucking flip....

.......... maybe the Eagles? That'd be the last straw that would make some of our heads explode.

If this is true, then the fucking joke is on Gordon.

If I remember the rules correctly, a player has to appear in at least 6 games in one season to accrue one year on their contract. From where Gordon fucked us last time, he still owes the Browns a year on his 4 year rookie contract, which would be this season.

As long as he's not active with the Browns and/or doesn't appear in 6 games this year, the Browns don't have to pay him for the whole season, and he'll still owe the club another year.

And, even if he does complete this season, he'll be a RFA instead of an UFA. Because an RFA price tag is not expensive, if the Browns chose to, they would basically own the rights to Gordon through the 2017 season with very little financial obligation.

So yeah, let him sit out if he wants. The Browns won't be obligated to pay him, and he won't be able to play for anyone else until he finishes his contract with the Browns.

yea that's something the fair weather fans don't realize. Those who think this kick the guy when he's down and kick the guy when he's trying to build himself up. Fucking worth keyboard rockstars. Like I said if doing this as damage control then he's done anyways. If he's being proactive instead of making another mistake ID welcome him back no questions asked.

Maybe you need to go to rehab with him then, because if you honestly believe that dogshit, then you too have a weed problem.

so what hes supposed to deal with this issue all by himself instead of asking for help? Just so he can play on your favorite football team as soon as possible? That's class right there now.

yea that's something the fair weather fans don't realize. Those who think this kick the guy when he's down and kick the guy when he's trying to build himself up. Fucking worth keyboard rockstars. Like I said if doing this as damage control then he's done anyways. If he's being proactive instead of making another mistake ID welcome him back no questions asked.

and if he joins another team will you still root for him? say he's a stand-up guy?

He said himself he has been under ALOT of stress last week or so. And as a recovering addict, BS arrest warrants for paternity tests involving a child would definitely put the amount of stress that would trigger a relapse.

Oh nooooo I drafted him on my fantasy team and now I'm screwd. I'm sure that's ALOT of the fuss. Fucking fags that are hating on him for actually getting help before he fucks up and can never come back to the NFL are the worst type of fans. And don't act like this guy has had break after break when he has missed more time for his bag full of misdemeanors when guys that beat a woman half to death are getting slaps on the wrist.

c'mon man, really?

have you been a brown's fan for the last 2 years? how about breathing oxygen on planet earth?

what's the old adage? "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice........" how does that go again?

and if he joins another team will you still root for him? say he's a stand-up guy?

like it's been pointed out he can't do that unless he plays or is cut. That's up to the browns. If hes doing the right thing here why would they cut him? They've stuck with through all the bad decisions why cut him one the first correct decision? Ill always root for an human being helping himself thru addiction? As a player for another team no I won't root for his talents on the field.

damn dude just get josh's cock outta u mouth

like it's been pointed out he can't do that unless he plays or is cut. That's up to the browns. If hes doing the right thing here why would they cut him? They've stuck with through all the bad decisions why cut him one the first correct decision? Ill always root for an human being helping himself thru addiction? As a player for another team no I won't root for his talents on the field.

I don't get it dude, are you trying to be politically correct or something? rumor has it our front office said they are done with him. you're saying that since this occurred a week before he was supposed to play for us, it's not even remotely possible that gordon either a) didn't want to play for us this season, b ) was about to fail another drug test. You want to just blindly believe whatever Gordon tells you? Well, what if he is bullshitting, or ends up on the patriots or another team? If the word all around, even from Adam Schefter, is that our front office is done with him, do you think they believe he's an innocent victim?

Maybe he has a good fucking agent and if he would've failed a test, or wants out of the Browns he would pull this move. But no, Josh Gordon wouldn't possibly do that. He loves the Browns and has a passion for the team and fans. That's very naive bro.....

Alot of stress?

The motherfucker gets paid a seven-figure salary to play a goddamn game for a living; millions of dollars to just basically work out and catch a fucking ball. There's millions of people out there who are under stress too, trying to pay bills by turning wrenches and making a dogshit salary, but somehow, the vast majority of them manage to not fail their companies mandatory drug screens or flake out and abandon their responsabilities to people who depend on them in a critical moment.

And Gordon has been given PLENTY of chances...the dude has been suspended FOUR FUCKING TIMES for the exact same shit each time. Every time, he swears up and down that he'd get his shit in order and not let his team and fans down. And every time, the Browns and their fans have given him the benefit of the doubt to clean his act up. AND EVERY FUCKING TIME, HE FUCKS THEM OVER...EVERY FUCKING TIME.

so what hes supposed to deal with this issue all by himself instead of asking for help? Just so he can play on your favorite football team as soon as possible? That's class right there now.

Dude, have you not been following the narrative of this thead? Gordon has had OVER A FUCKING YEAR to get his shit in order, but instead, he waits till a week before he's supposed to return to help his team out to go to rehab? Fuck that. The guy is a fucking puzzlewit.

Archived