THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon entering rehab

LondonBrown

Hue and co, and this fo have criteria that includes work ethic, character and love of the game, football iq etc.

They would never have drafted Gordon. or gilbert. or manziel.....etc etc etc.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hue and co, and this fo have criteria that includes work ethic, character and love of the game, football iq etc.

They would never have drafted Gordon. or gilbert. or manziel.....etc etc etc.

BINGO!

Mike

if I took all your posts on Trich and combined them they wouldn't begin to touch the stupidity of this post. Are you off your meds?? :)

I'm thinking PoG is in fact, Josh Gordon.

The only way I see the Browns outright releasing him is if there is another looming suspension ... Death penalty type.

Otherwise you can just put a guy on a voluntary inactive list and just end his season, no?

Z

-- I agree, don't let go of his rights, but don't leave him on the active roster either

The only way I see the Browns outright releasing him is if there is another looming suspension ... Death penalty type.

Otherwise you can just put a guy on a voluntary inactive list and just end his season, no?

Z

-- I agree, don't let go of his rights, but don't leave him on the active roster either

I read on the bottom line on ESPN Gordon is no longer a Brown. I'd give you a link but I'm tired of wasting any more time on him.

I still wouldn't release him. If in fact this is just a ploy to get out of a contract and possibly play somewhere he likes better then go to hell. Sit on the roster unpaid and rot.

WSS

Agreed.

I read on the bottom line on ESPN Gordon is no longer a Brown. I'd give you a link but I'm tired of wasting any more time on him.

If so, that would be another fuck up from the Browns management, I think. They really have nothing to lose by keeping him, money-wise; if Gordon wants to sit out and not play, then let him go broke riding pine on the Browns bench. Don't reward him by giving him his release from his contract.

More importantly, I think this would set a bad precedent for other players on the Browns who are wanting to jump ship before their contracts expire, like Haden, who's groin injury will keep him out of games until he's released, then "magically" heal overnight once he's with another team. Hue and the Browns FO need to show some of these players that bullshit like that won't fly in Cleveland no mo'.

Gordon tbh is probably gonna work out somewhere else.

Sometimes those high talent high risk picks are worth it, it seemed worth it for us however many years ago

They said that in college too right? Guess what...

Normally I would agree with a theory that says NE could tap his goodies. Unfortunately the 1 thing people overlook in this case is Bill Belichick has to find somewhere in a player's history there was a LOVE of the game whether it was a Randy Moss (at Marshall or in Minnesota), Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon or LeGarrett Blount. Dating back as far as high school with Gordon, he scared off major DI colleges in spite of his elite talent. What played out in college? Justification behind the reasoning of all those major DI schools. He got kicked off the Baylor team following a second chance to return from suspension. As 2015 reminded us - that's a pretty difficult program to get kicked off of.

When we drafted Gordon in the supplemental draft, the reason that type of talent drifted down to us in round 2 was there were a lot of NFL teams thinking baggage over elite talent. That thinking has been justified too...

Football always came so easy to Gordon he just never really seemed to appreciate it the way people informed him he should. He ended up hearing it so much, I think he just started to tell people what he felt they wanted to hear to shut them. IMO, the biggest difference between him and the Honey Badger (who was addicted to heroin) was one guy had the love of the game to put a rally hat on for while the other has never felt compelled to do that.

Some will say, it was only pot. Okay, then how tough is that to give up for a multi-million $ winning lottery ticket? He could have taken care of all his illegitimate kids, Cromartie's and Shawn Kemp's for life while enjoying countless millions for $ himself.

For those saying keep him here - why? When has he ever shown you the ability to go a full year without failing a drug test? He's 1 dirty test away from career curtains and it may have already happened for all we know. What about that promises professionalism moving forward? Zero. The inner chest has intercepted his talent for the final time folks.

Josh never seemed like a bad guy so I don't want to bash him as a person. That said, this is a snake bitten franchise that can't afford an ongoing distraction with him any longer. It's time to cut the cord on this guy. I hope he straightens out his demons and wish him well.

They said that in college too right? Guess what...

Normally I would agree with a theory that says NE could tap his goodies. Unfortunately the 1 thing people overlook in this case is Bill Belichick has to find somewhere in a player's history there was a LOVE of the game whether it was a Randy Moss (at Marshall or in Minnesota), Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon or LeGarrett Blount. Dating back as far as high school with Gordon, he scared off major DI colleges in spite of his elite talent. What played out in college? Justification behind the reasoning of all those major DI schools. He got kicked off the Baylor team following a second chance to return from suspension. As 2015 reminded us - that's a pretty difficult program to get kicked off of.

When we drafted Gordon in the supplemental draft, the reason that type of talent drifted down to us in round 2 was there were a lot of NFL teams thinking baggage over elite talent. That thinking has been justified too...

Football always came so easy to Gordon he just never really seemed to appreciate it the way people informed him he should. He ended up hearing it so much, I think he just started to tell people what he felt they wanted to hear to shut them. IMO, the biggest difference between him and the Honey Badger (who was addicted to heroin) was one guy had the love of the game to put a rally hat on for while the other has never felt compelled to do that.

Some will say, it was only pot. Okay, then how tough is that to give up for a multi-million $ winning lottery ticket? He could have taken care of all his illegitimate kids, Cromartie's and Shawn Kemp's for life while enjoying countless millions for $ himself.

For those saying keep him here - why? When has he ever shown you the ability to go a full year without failing a drug test? He's 1 dirty test away from career curtains and it may have already happened for all we know. What about that promises professionalism moving forward? Zero. The inner chest has intercepted his talent for the final time folks.

Josh never seemed like a bad guy so I don't want to bash him as a person. That said, this is a snake bitten franchise that can't afford an ongoing distraction with him any longer. It's time to cut the cord on this guy. I hope he straightens out his demons and wish him well.

Some very good points here but I may inflect...if you're going to kick a loser you gain a winner. Many young receivers are over looked and I think Coleman is twice the man Josh is.

Look, Josh Gordon has gotten a raw deal since he's been here from the league. Not from Cleveland, but yes- definitely from the league. He's submitted to countless drug tests. They raised the tolerance levels and still retro-punished him for an entire year, banned from the league. He's been a victim of character defamation from the get go. The latest reports are he's smuggling nearly a pound of pot in the airport. It's bullshit and all a ploy to snatch him from Cleveland on the eve of his reinstatement.

As a matter of fact he should have been allowed to start the season with the team except for another bullshit 4 game suspension that even Gordon himself said he doesn't know what for...

Nothing from anywhere is saying he's fucked up again. He's having difficulties dealing with the pressure. That same pressure that caused him to use in the past. Everyone said he should be smart and not use... well he took the advice and seeked help so not to cost him his career and now you are all bashing him... assholes.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/tsa_denies_report_josh_gordon_tried_to_smuggle_marijuana_onto_plane/s1_8061_21989740

TSA denies Gordon had any negative altercation with authorities. Just more DISINFORMATION to defame our star player. People like to kick people down and keep them down when they are. Keep your head up Josh! Come back to us stronger and more focused and get this team to the next level.

I still wouldn't release him. If in fact this is just a ploy to get out of a contract and possibly play somewhere he likes better then go to hell. Sit on the roster unpaid and rot.

WSS

True. As I understand the TEAM could actually suspend him and put him on a PUP list or something like that.

Look, Josh Gordon has gotten a raw deal since he's been here from the league. Not from Cleveland, but yes- definitely from the league. He's submitted to countless drug tests. They raised the tolerance levels and still retro-punished him for an entire year, banned from the league. He's been a victim of character defamation from the get go. The latest reports are he's smuggling nearly a pound of pot in the airport. It's bullshit and all a ploy to snatch him from Cleveland on the eve of his reinstatement.

As a matter of fact he should have been allowed to start the season with the team except for another bullshit 4 game suspension that even Gordon himself said he doesn't know what for...

Nothing from anywhere is saying he's fucked up again. He's having difficulties dealing with the pressure. That same pressure that caused him to use in the past. Everyone said he should be smart and not use... well he took the advice and seeked help so not to cost him his career and now you are all bashing him... assholes.

The best ability is availability. Whatever the reason(s) Gordon hasn't been available for a long time, and won't be for the foreseeable future. It will come out soon enough why he checked into rehab. I think it was said- Josh had all last year to get his act together, so less than a week where he's able to return- gee, I think I need rehab. MHO is despite doing everything that was humanly possible since his reinstatement- Gordon has failed the Browns and himself yet again. He doesn't get unlimited mulligans, it certainly looks like the Browns have finally thrown in the towel, and written Flash off as a lost cause.

You're a passionate fan and I enjoy reading a lot of your posts but hold on here... First, the reason he got another 4 games was because he failed another drug test during his suspension, which could have become curtains on his career if the NFL you want to blame for everything wanted to play Nazi on his career.

Why are the fans and NFL assholes for Josh's inability to pass drug tests after he pissed all over his scholarship at Baylor twice for marijuana? Why did he scare off all major DI college football programs except for Baylor? When he showed up to Baylor he told people he was going to make all critics sorry for doubting him. Who shall we blame for why he couldn't do so? Popcorn vendors? Police man?

Now, he comes to the NFL with all the same empty promises thinking all he had to do was beat some drug tests. If I'm getting this part wrong, please feel free to correct my recollection. Josh agreed to join the NFL with 2 strikes against him on the drug testing despite the reality had other options that were less punitive. I'm guessing he had an agent as a 2nd round pick right? Oh wait, that would be another one of Josh's decisions we're not allowed to hold accountable in operation in the blame all but Josh perspective.

I'm not applauding the NFL's consistency with drug testing or feeling good that Goodell answers to Rooney (knowing favoritism prolly takes place behind the scenes in terms of who's urine remains off limits in the random selection ie; Joey Porter and James Harrison). That said, the biggest question about Josh Gordon dating back to scaring off all those major DI schools despite his elite talent was his LOVE of the game that came to easy to him.

He cornered himself into the point of no return to where it became as easy as - do you LOVE football enough for a clean test? It's not that tough to have a clean urine test so let's stop pretending it is. He's always thought he could beat drug tests while using. I once had a foster kid in 2007 inform me he routinely beat drug tests while he continued to smoke marijauna. He bought all the things at Walmart that he made a kit out of. This was a troubled kid in junior high school so when I see these debates about trace amounts being bullshit - it tells me he put himself above the rules of his employment/multi-million $ lottery ticket. If your employee says you can't smoke pot - you can't smoke pot. That's what Josh Gordon agreed to when he entered the league under the conditions he and his path set forth. And when he wasn't testing positive - why was there a big bag of weed in his car when he was speeding? This historical trend never seemed to lie to us as much many of us hoped it was.

The biggest part of this guy's problem is he's a likeable guy very gifted at getting people to feel sorry for him so he never got the tough love intervention he needed. His unfortunate situation began and was perfected long before it inconvenienced Cleveland fans, and probably even Baylor or Utah fans. I don't really believe it's going to be as easy as Bill Belichick out-Godding God but I've certainly been wrong before. The last time we had a good look at how much football really meant to Gordon was when he rejoined our 6-4 football team in progress in 2014 after vowing we'd see the best version of Gordon we had ever seen. His first game back looked pretty good before he sand-bagged the next 4 while taking off plays and not knowing the playbook while contributing zero TDs. Then, he had another issue off the field where our coaching staff needed to suspend him. That didn't look anything like the guy from the 2013 season on a 2014 team that was winning almost twice as many games. 2013 feels like a lifetime ago except for the 4-12 football part of it...

I don't hate the guy at all. I hate what he did to his multi-million $ lottery ticket from the biggest asset God gave him at the expense of the 1 franchise that said "we'll believe in you" via being the only team willing to draft him. I can't pretend that hasn't been a huge distraction. I wish him well in whatever he continues to choose over football...

Um....really?....Certainly not an advocate or supportive.....thats for sure....

Um.... yeah really! There's 1 major DI college at Baylor and 1 NFL team that rolled the dice on Josh. The inventory of suspensions reminded me I shouldn't support/advocate for the "Poor Josh" mentality that has enabled him to be where he is today.

Gordon should not be released. At this point he isn't being paid as he is in breach so he can sit and ruin his life if he wishes as the Browns have supported him to no end. In ANY walk of life (if you're reading this JG) you will never and I do mean never find a more supportive employer than you have with the Cleveland Browns. In fact I don't think I have even heard of, in over 35 years, of any employer giving a person as many drug related chances as you have received with the organization. You should be entirely devoted to such a group as they have to you.

Still, back on topic, don't release him. If any team is interested in a trade the cost is simple - a first round pick and you get him. If not, no problem as the team loses nothing. We hold ALL the cards, no reason to release him, none.

So that oughta take care of any roster concerns,

Gordon & Ant.Bryant both were not on 53 man roster being suspended? Still short 1 roster spot of 53 for Reiter? Right?

Archived