THE BROWNS BOARD

Who takes the fall?

CaineDeSoulis

The fuck are you babbling about? It's well understood that the draft was handled by our Ivy League front office and Hue got a classic coaches pick mid round. Guess what? A lot of franchises work that way.

Thank Christ you aren't in charge. You've still yet to give Cleve a reply on who would even be a decent candidate with NFL experience willing to come here.

Are you serious or being facetious in stating that our draft was completely handled by our Ivy League FO? You realise that in every interview and exploit given from the draft that jackson was "very" involved in the selection of players. Sashi is a glorified Moderator for Hue Jackson (coaching staff) and the Scouting departments. Taryl Austin has some traction. Kyle shanny would be nice, Matt Patricia. Eric Mangini. Jeff Fisher maybe as a DC. The Eagles DC i cant remember his name now. Josh McDaniels. Theres always plenty of coaches available. Im alot more concerned on if we can get any free agents to sign here than if we can get new coaching

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im the opposite mic i'm harder on the coaching than i am FO. I'd give any FO atleast 2 years. I wanted to like hue jackson but he hasnt shown even basic competence as a HC. Just remember he was the head football knowledge guy in the draft room and for free agent acquisition. He has his chosen Number 1 TEAM CAPTAIN FRANCHISE QB. He has his guy RG3. Fair goes out the window when your chosen number 1 QB is a practice squad safety

Jackson gets a free pass and everyone gets excited about it... Loser mentality

Don't know about loser mentality- but Jackson has stuck his foot in his mouth- twice. Three strikes and you're out. "I feel the Earth move under my feet, I see the Browns come tumbling down". Remember that one Hue?

"Just trust me on this one." Regarding Kessler.

Sushi and Depo had better revoke his draft say-so after pining over those turkeys, Kessler's book has yet to turn to the last page, but Griffin? New tune for ya Hue. "I stepped on a turd under my feet, and the smell was all around..."

"I want my 4 win seasons back and I want them NOW."

Idiots.

0-14 doesn't show signs of improvement. Shocker. You expect them to play harder down the stretch? After playing football for 19 weeks? If the NFL magically changed our record to put us in the playoff hunt and we had the NFL average for injuries, I'm absolutely positive you'd see your "improvement."

"I want my 4 win seasons back and I want them NOW."

Idiots.

0-14 doesn't show signs of improvement. Shocker. You expect them to play harder down the stretch? After playing football for 19 weeks? If the NFL magically changed our record to put us in the playoff hunt and we had the NFL average for injuries, I'm absolutely positive you'd see your "improvement."

Check this out....Other teams actually win games in December. Do you really think they are going to be a NFL juggernaut in a couple of years? They haven't even found one playmaker yet or a way to tackle, pass, kick or run. Procedure penalties up the Ying yang but hey, we got the best coach out there....Man did I ever pick a bad week to quit LSD

Yep. Some of us are tired of all the negative nancy overreaction to the first year

to build the team the right way.

You can see the WAY they play, that they are all in with Hue, so the idea that replacing the hc is stupid right there.

I personally wonder about Horton, because it seems his defense only works on paper.... on the field, it often

makes no sense to me.

But they are choosing players who love the game, have the character, tougnness, smarts, etc, as bset as anybody can.

But this is the first year. This is one of the stupidest threads on the Browns forum.

I wonder what you some of you guys will say next year when we start 0-6. I can already see the posts. You cant judge a HC after 30 weeks of football you really need 60 weeks... Hue can stay HC if we get a true OC and Respectable DC and his draft/player acquisition rights have been revoked. He's just not good enough for the level of responsibility that has been placed on him. He has been overwhelmed all year and it shows

I wonder what you some of you guys will say next year when we start 0-6. I can already see the posts. You cant judge a HC after 30 weeks of football you really need 60 weeks...

If that were to happen I would imagine something along the lines of "this is disappointing, if we don't see much improvement we'll probably have to part ways in January".

Next question?

it might be a dumb thread but it bares the question what is the breaking point for all the positive polly's?

this year is a wash and we all knew it would be, with one caveat, no improvement anywhere. if you think getting rid of people on the roster is an improvement then uh, no. and to think all we did was sign choir boys and over-the-top character guys......uh, no.

improvement is better talent. (GONG!)

improvement is better fundamentals from players (GONG!!)

improvement is better performance from the coaching staff (GONG!!!)

improvement is more wins than last year (oops, sorry. unless of course you are tanking the season. B)B) )

if it's the same at this time next year i guarantee the same people who are all positive will start to come unglued. just saying.

it might be a dumb thread but it bares the question what is the breaking point for all the positive polly's?

this year is a wash and we all knew it would be, with one caveat, no improvement anywhere. if you think getting rid of people on the roster is an improvement then uh, no. and to think all we did was sign choir boys and over-the-top character guys......uh, no.

improvement is better talent. (GONG!)

improvement is more wins than last year (oops, sorry. unless of course you are tanking the season. B)B) )

if it's the same at this time next year i guarantee the same people who are all positive will start to come unglued. just saying.

The breaking point would probably be the same breaking point it's been this entire time - no evaluation or changes until after year 2.

Just because there's a ton of impatient babies whining about not getting their way now won't change the plan they set out to do.

The random whiny bitches coming out of the woodwork to give us their shitty .02 can buckle up or fuck off for all I, or anyone else, cares.

I don't know too many people, if ANY, that want Hue Jackson fired. Our defensive coordinator is something different, but right now, I just want EVERYONE to come back. If we did lose our DC, and we had an experienced guy in mind, I'd probably be ok with that. But I would really just like to have some continuity. Have the young guys continue learning the same thing, from the same person.

That being said, I completely agree with those that say Hue Jackson didn't do himself a single favor this year, and should he start the season 0-7, the seat will become HOT indeed. Guys, we needed to see improvement. Even if we lost during the month of December, we HAD to see some rays of sunshine. Right now, what do we have? The ONLY rookie that had a "decent" season was Ogbah, and that's about it guys. We can sit here and say Corey Coleman missed too much time to get in the groove, or he was hamstrung by having shitty QB's, but name ONE play Corey made. Name ONE time where Corey took an ordinary pass, and did something extraordinary. For the record, I'm NOT calling him a bust, but I'm just stating the facts. Anybody seen Tyreke Hill for the Chiefs? That guy can take an ordinary play and make a 60 yard touchdown out of it. Hell, he does it every week it seems.

Nassib? Higgins? Payton? ANY OF THE OTHER BOZOS WE DRAFTED WITH 14 SELECTIONS?!!

Sorry, I need to relax. I can make the argument that Kessler was a decent value in the 3rd round. He has the makings of a decent backup QB, and that's no small thing. Of course, we could've drafted Dak Prescott...but whatever. Other teams missed him too. And yes, I know he wouldn't do the exact thing with the Browns, but the kid is obviously super talented. Just hurts to see us draft SO MANY receivers, only to be left thinking, "Did we get any of them right?" It's still early, but are you guys excited about any of them??? Rookie receivers aren't always quick out of the gates, but Coleman needs to do SOMETHING. Hopefully he turns it on next season, and we have a QB that can get him the damn ball.

I think what scares people is...why are we going to be better next year? Are we really going to hang our hopes on drafting a QB? How many times does THAT work out? There will be a bidding war for Garoppolo because the QB class is so weak. Do we really want to get involved IN THAT?

The main goal for this team was to provide clarity. Clarity for who our QB would be, how our offense would look, and who we could build around on both sides of the ball. Does anybody feel like that clarity arrived? No. No you don't.

Teams literally don't have enough practices to teach fundamentals. Hooray, CBA!

Given both the lack of talent and the lack of time for teaching, I don't see any effective metric to measure coaching staff "performance" -- other than things like Hue Jackson not being able to find his challenge flag within his rolls of belly fat.

Hearing alot of media people saying to expect changes if we go 0-16. maybe not Hue but actual changes to coaching staff and/or front office. Rizzo says "No changes No tickets" Not renewing his season tickets without changes. Jim Donavan says expect changes if we go 0-16

Rizzo actively calling for Hue Jackson to be fired. Worst coaching in 30 years.

I'd settle for Ray to let go and an OC to be hired and maybe a Football Focused GM added

just pointing out that even the most adamant supporters have turned on Hue at this point.

That's wonderful. But Haslam pulls the strings and said he's not firing Hue after this year, so you can take Rizzo's hot take and shove it right back up your ass.

January 2nd is going to be a fun day :) we'll be able to find out who takes the fall then. I actually had a conspiracy theory a while ago that Sashi Brown was not much more than a glorified fall guy for the scenario that Jackson completely flounders his first year which has come to fruition so maybe it was not so far fetched after all

Revelatory stuff there mik - people who are giving this year a pass as year one of a complete rebuild won't be happy going 0-16 again. Absolutely outstanding insight there.

That's wonderful. But Haslam pulls the strings and said he's not firing Hue after this year, so you can take Rizzo's hot take and shove it right back up your ass.

HA!! anger and smarm at it's finest from hue supporters!

woo hoo! we'll see.

Revelatory stuff there mik - people who are giving this year a pass as year one of a complete rebuild won't be happy going 0-16 again. Absolutely outstanding insight there.

if anyone on this board thought we'd be winless this yr, i think you are all full of shit...i know 3-13, 4-12 was my prediction, which is still pretty bad...but 0-16, fuck no, i did not see anyone make a winless prediction on this board at the start of this season...and to make it worse...there is no progress being made..not one iota....that is the worst part...

I know I didn't think we'd go winless, and I'll be the first one to admit it. In fact, I actually thought we'd surprise some people, and start out the season 3-1, or 2-2. I thought we'd start to crash when injuries set in, and we'd finish in the ball park of 5-11. Crazy thing is, I was pretty damn close to being right. We had a very good chance to win some early games. Since then, we've been a joke.

HA!! anger and smarm at it's finest from hue supporters!

woo hoo! we'll see.

That's the thing with half of you fucks - it's one team vs. the other because all of you are so goddamn temperamental and want to say "I told you so". You can't handle some Joe Schmo down at your regular watering hole laughing at the Browns because your ego is so goddamn big you look at it as a direct reflection of your inabilities. That's where all this anger and derision must be stemming from.

I'm not a Hue supporter, I'm a Browns supporter. Firing Hue after a year will guarantee that we'll never see success...so I'm smart enough to suck it up because riding the process is for the greater good of the team. I personally don't give a fuck who our coach is in three years...but that's how long of a leash any coach should have.

what from this year indicates that we will be a good team in the year 2018 by your measure tim? out of a potential 48 games in that time frame we are about to lose the first 16 of them. so at what point does your clinging to this "Plan" become nothing more than delusion?

We could go 0-16 and it would be fine... IF we showed improvement and were competitive... neither of these things has happend to any great consistency this year

what from this year indicates that we will be a good team in the year 2018 by your measure tim? out of a potential 48 games in that time frame we are about to lose the first 16 of them. so at what point does your clinging to this "Plan" become nothing more than delusion?

We could go 0-16 and it would be fine... IF we showed improvement and were competitive... neither of these things has happend to any great consistency this year

The 17 or so rookies we had this year won't be rookies by 2018. Even further, the next 10 or so rookies we're poised to take won't be rookies by that time either.

At what point does your stomping around and complaining become nothing more than proof of you being a whiny, impatient bitch?

The 17 or so rookies we had this year won't be rookies by 2018. Even further, the next 10 or so rookies we're poised to take won't be rookies by that time either.

At what point does your stomping around and complaining become nothing more than proof of you being a whiny, impatient bitch?

Its okay to be defensive. being wrong about something can be a tough pill to swallow.

Archived