THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Patriots Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

at least my bar is stocked for the zombie apocalypse.

seems like it's comin down interstate 90 headed for cleveland as we speak.

i guess ownership and FO need to learn the definition of BUILD before they try to REBUILD. how other teams seem to do it year in and year out bogglez de mindza!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to hear Hue's presser tonight. At what point do we get a head coach that looks into the camera and says, "there isn't enough talent on this team to win games. The veterans we have don't perform and the talent we draft isn't high enough quality".

if he wants out of here he could say those things

NE the easiest eliminator pick of ALL TIME

I have competition in the survivor league. But- not to pile on. As my pal said- if you just pick the teams the Browns are losing to- you're going to be screwed come playoff time. I can't use the Pats now.

well..there's a reason why Whitehurst was sitting on his couch 3 weeks ago.

And to think- instead of Clipboard Jesus, we could have had Vick in the Dawg Pound. I vote on renaming it "The Puppy Pound". Please adopt one of these poor pathetic puppies now.

Show me any team that can win with its 4th string QB playing. Every team that would have a QB playing who was on his couch 1 month ago would be a joke.

Billy-Choke won with a third though.

Can't wait to hear Hue's presser tonight. At what point do we get a head coach that looks into the camera and says, "there isn't enough talent on this team to win games. The veterans we have don't perform and the talent we draft isn't high enough quality".

Haslam as I heard on the radio home- should apologize to the paying customers for the abomination of football that I actually paid to sit through. I'm changing my sig- stealing it form the other board. " So you want a total blowup? Well, this is what it looks like. " Still zero pass rush. Can't protect the qb. Nah- OL is dime a dozen. Crow comes back to earth.

Hue will be unemployed. He will be looking for a job.

BUILD A F'N Defense..It always keeps you in a Game at or under 23,,see Jets & Bills.. Horton is your BuM weekly..not stopped 1 thing, tried "if you can't cover a TE" Hold Them..great coaching

Wow... negativity is way ahead of schedule this year.

Bill did what he always does... takes away his opponent's offensive strength: our run game... including Pryor. Even then Kess put together a decent TD drive before getting pancaked out of the game.

For anyone not paying attention, Horton returned the favor. Pats averaged a mere 2.8 YPC. What Ray could not do was generate pass pressure at the same time. Nothing we did not know before kick off.

Hope Kess is OK, but if not, then CBJ and Hogan are 1 and 2 next week.

We start the game with our rookie 3rd round pick, 3rd string QB...and finish the game 2 quarterbacks later with Pryor at the helm.

It's bad. What is Hue supposed to do?

The Committee decided that Wentz was gonna suck in the NFL so he looked for a QB to use.

He's got a center position that's missing the starter AND the backup. The guard goes to center and the backup guard was arrested. It's a shit storm at him.

----------

Now let's talk apathy. (I mentioned this once before)

This is the 5th week of the season and there were almost as many Pat's fans as Browns fans.......in the Browns home stadium.

Season ticket holders, by week FIVE, are selling their tickets on Stub Hub.

This is what happens when your team sucks for 20 years (ok, close enough to 20).

This is the 5th week of the season and there were almost as many Pat's fans as Browns fans.......in the Browns home stadium.

This is what happens when your team sucks for 20 years (ok, close enough to 20).

Yep....I was at the game and it was truly disgusting.

"Brady, Brady, Brady" chants a few times in the stadium, were really loud. I'm thinking it was at least 50% Pats fans in the house.

I haven't given up, never will, but today I just wanted to punch somebody. Pats fans should be proud of their team, but beating up a decimated Browns team and acting cocky, damn, I'm glad I didn't end up in jail.

To all of you who are wanting Hue to be fired after only 5 games:

What decent coach do you think the Browns could get at this point to replace him? We've been doing the whole "change the HC every 2-3 years" for almost two decades now. No other coach worth a damn is going to come here knowing that. This job is the very definition of toxic.

But, by all mean, keep entertaining yourselves with the thought that the next Belichek is just around the corner for the Browns.

Bill did what he always does... takes away his opponent's offensive strength: our run game... including Pryor. Even then Kess put together a decent TD drive before getting pancaked out of the game.

For anyone not paying attention, Horton returned the favor. Pats averaged a mere 2.8 YPC. What Ray could not do was generate pass pressure at the same time. Nothing we did not know before kick off.

OK, There's positives to take away from that game? Please point them out to me. Aw gee, don't have to run when you can pass at will.

And shame on you season ticket holders. I was surrounded by Patriots fans. Rather make a buck than go to the game.

Yep....I was at the game and it was truly disgusting.

"Brady, Brady, Brady" chants a few times in the stadium, were really loud. I'm thinking it was at least 50% Pats fans in the house.

I haven't given up, never will, but today I just wanted to punch somebody. Pats fans should be proud of their team, but beating up a decimated Browns team and acting cocky, damn, I'm glad I didn't end up in jail.

A new low point indeed. If you can beat up on a lousy team, why not? Solid contenders for the first pick next year.

i don't think beating up on us is correct. maybe a good swift kick in the ass, yes.

belichick took it easy on us today. don't know if it was because his days here ended like so many fans dreams did or that he felt sorry for the browns.

he coulda easily laid 50+ on us.

OK, There's positives to take away from that game? Please point them out to me. Aw gee, don't have to run when you can pass at will.

And shame on you season ticket holders. I was surrounded by Patriots fans. Rather make a buck than go to the game.

The only positive would be the first scoring drive. Kessler looked pretty solid on that drive.

Agree with you on the season ticket holders.....at least one of whom is regular member of this board who sold his tickets to Pats fans today.

Tickets a lot cheaper in Cleveland than in foxborough

God I hope that's not true. A defensive coordinator knowing his offense is going to struggle to score thinking the best plan is to see if Tom Brady can pass a team to victory.

who gives a ****? You don't win in the nil(especially the first half before one team gets up) by running the ball or stopping the run. It actually can be a bad thing to run the ball sorta well(like 4.3 ypc) or stop the run well because teams may abandon the run early(which you don't want them to do). the rams led the league in rushing I believe last year and their offense sucked. We were leading the league in ypg or ypc or whatever going into this game and our offense was nothing special.....

you win in the nfl today by throwing the ball to get ahead in the first half to three quarters and then it's nice to be able to run the ball a bit at the end to burn clock. The idea that you are going to build a winning football team by stopping the run and running the ball as a mainstay of your team is ridiculous and a sure sign of a losing strategy

For anyone not paying attention, Horton returned the favor. Pats averaged a mere 2.8 YPC.

\

you win in the nfl today by throwing the ball

Agree 100%.

As Joe Banner said, "In today's NFL you need to Pass and Rush The Passer".

-------

0-16 baby! Then we trade away the first pick in the draft for eight 4th rounders.

Then we trade away the first pick in the draft for eight 4th rounders.

Funny but true.

The Browns need to abandon the idea of trading down to find a diamond in the rough...it's time to find the diamond.

God I hope that's not true. A defensive coordinator knowing his offense is going to struggle to score thinking the best plan is to see if Tom Brady can pass a team to victory.

So your point is you'd rather be bitching about allowing 200 yards rushing?

You act as if this is something new... My only CBS game was on 9-23-12 vs. Buffalo and the crowd was a full-1/4 Bills fans... and that's a conservative estimate.

I'd argue the "passing at will" was more a product of no pressure, but in any case not running has no impact on YPC.

Positives? Small ones, h, small ones. But you don't seem to be in the mood for any right now... so maybe tomorrow...

you win in the nfl today by throwing the ball to get ahead in the first half to three quarters and then it's nice to be able to run the ball a bit at the end to burn clock. The idea that you are going to build a winning football team by stopping the run and running the ball as a mainstay of your team is ridiculous and a sure sign of a losing strategy

I have Jerry Jones on line 1 for you, sir. He says it's important.

edit: I'm also fielding calls from a one Pete Carroll as well.

I have Jerry Jones on line 1 for you, sir. He says it's important.

true dat.

i don't think there is not just one way to win, except of course to have a team of talented players that know their job, are very good at what they do and give you 110 every sunday. thinking that half these kids should know how to run block and tackle obviously isn't true. the way half our guys play it's like they played soccer their whole lives.

rebuild? yeah, can you start with the lines......for the umpteenth gazillionth time? drafting wentz woulda been great but looking at what is being dressed and playing on sundays he would've had to sit for 2-3 years while the FO drafted left and right down the line on both sides of the ball.

I'd argue the "passing at will" was more a product of no pressure, but in any case not running has no impact on YPC.

Positives? Small ones, h, small ones. But you don't seem to be in the mood for any right now... so maybe tomorrow...

I'm always in the mood for positives Tour. But that was a thorough ass kicking. It was over when Kessler got killed for the safety. Just let the air out of the few Browns fans who were there. Bill was treating that as a scrimmage it was so bad. It's a broken record- essentially zero pass rush, game after game, year after year.

I'll take a look at the replay when I get home.

Today at the stadium was humiliating and demoralizing. I sadly wonder if a fan base will survive the length of time this rebuild will take. I felt like I was at an away game. The Brady chants were deafening and sickening. I feel now as though we may be witnessing the second and final funeral of our Cleveland Browns slowly unfold.

It's a broken record- essentially zero pass rush,

On that note, Nassib cannot run across the LOS and stop...and stand there...trying to figure out which way he should go to try and run AROUND the guy between him and the QB. He's gonna have to learn how to DO IT, or bull rush the guy in front of him towards the QB. (he's not big & strong enough to bull rush, of course)

So as history repeats it self, We WILL draft a QB in the first, let him ride the bench for a year or 2 so he can learn the game, we will bring in a never was has been to work with the qb, until he gets hurt and we are forced to bring him in before he is ready, then tell us that we will have great picks in the draft blah blah fucking blah. IDC if we had 32 first round picks, they couldn't get anything right. This FO the past 17 FO's were a joke Maybe they should just pull the plug and move football out of Cleveland for good. We are the laughing stock on EVERY sport station in the entire country, are stadiums have more away fans than we have. At what point do any of you get sick of hearing about the draft?????? That is NOT WORKING!! Go after players in FA and do something fucking different, I was ready to start blasting all these fags with Tom brady jerseys on in our house.

Archived