THE BROWNS BOARD

Ogbahs leading us in sacks...

Clevfan4life

Interesting splinter conversations...

On 3-cones vs. reality...

Agree 3-cone and coverage techniques differ (no back-peddling in 3-cone), but the drill is a good agility check. The element it completely lacks is reaction time, but there are other ways to measure that.

On coverage...

Emphasis on the discussion seems to be man. I don't see that as Ogbah's forte, but for the frequency he will drop if he can get some depth in a zone, react to throws in his area and deliver a shot on the receiver... that'll do.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ogbah hasnt taken the league by storm or anything.....but Ive reserved my judgement on him, cause I think they threw a lot at him, too early.....switching him from DE to OLB back to DE then to OLB all in a month or 2......

now....while he isnt making a lot of big play, he is quietly having a pretty decent season.....statistically, he has already equaled Krugers production for all of '15....and he seems to be getting a bit better as we go.....he is on track to have a similar rookie year to Sheard, who had 55 tackles and 8.5 sacks......I would be pleased with that, assuming he could build on it going forward and become a double digit sacker with 60-75 tackles.....

Nassib?.....needs work.....like his mentality.....but stat wise...7 tackles in 5 games is very little productivity.....

In nassibs defense he's been club handing it for 2-3 games hasnt he? He started off real well, its a shsme csuse without that injury his progression might have been something to see by now. Im very pleasantly surprised by these twi edge guys we drafted. If they keep it up ill shut up about bosa

In nassibs defense he's been club handing it for 2-3 games hasnt he? He started off real well, its a shsme csuse without that injury his progression might have been something to see by now. Im very pleasantly surprised by these twi edge guys we drafted. If they keep it up ill shut up about bosa

Yep. They seem to show some promise that they can develop some pressure on the QB and get there.....Im optimistic that they will develop to the point that they are an upgrade over what we've had....BUT, I still dont see that "difference maker" maneater EVERY great defense has(and needs)......we gotta get 2 players...one for the line AND one at LB who are GREAT...not ok....

and, right now, Im fairly certain they are not here yet....

I know their not nfl ready but thats why they didnt go 1st round and bosa went 3. But if they continue like they are we may be able to leave that position alone in the draft fir awhile and get that qb or ol.

Im not that high on garrett. I kind of like this peppers kid from michigan. If we went to a 4-3 id put him at olb'er or free safety.

I know their not nfl ready but thats why they didnt go 1st round and bosa went 3. But if they continue like they are we may be able to leave that position alone in the draft fir awhile and get that qb or ol.

Im not that high on garrett. I kind of like this peppers kid from michigan. If we went to a 4-3 id put him at olb'er or free safety.

I agree with Mud. We need that "great" player player that makes QB's throw too early and allows the db's to stay with receivers for shorter time periods. No one we have shows that ability. We need that before a safety and since there are many good safeties this year, we can wait on that pick until AFTER we have the pass rusher. I also agree with Tour that if you get that great player he will get so much attention, it will make his opposite side teammate that much better.

. I also agree with Tour that if you get that great player he will get so much attention, it will make his opposite side teammate that much better.

Right....EXAMPLE.....one only needs to watch the 2014 tape to see how Kruger GREATLY benefitted from Sheard pushing QB's into his lap....

I once went backed and watched every....single.....sack.....and determined that, without Sheard, Krugers 11 sacks would actually have been closer to 4

Yep. They seem to show some promise that they can develop some pressure on the QB and get there.....Im optimistic that they will develop to the point that they are an upgrade over what we've had....BUT, I still dont see that "difference maker" maneater EVERY great defense has(and needs)......we gotta get 2 players...one for the line AND one at LB who are GREAT...not ok....

and, right now, Im fairly certain they are not here yet....

I feel the same way, and this is the main reason I so desperately want Myles Garrett. Like you said earlier, if we can have a stud on one size, it would greatly assist the likes of Nassib and Ogbah. There's obviously no such thing as "a sure fire pick", but Garrett is a stud, and he's got the goods.

Honestly id rather see nassib develop on the other side thsn drafting another undersized DE who we're gonna fuck with trying to find his fit

LOL! 6'5" 270 with no fat and 4.5 speed is not undersized (nor under-talented). They call those kinds of players "difference makers".

Edit: Jadeveon Clowney 6'6" 267 4.5 speed is doing just fine now after injury recovery, even without JJ Watt on the other side. There is the best comparison.

Thats the smallest 270 ive ever seen. I mean cmon ogbah weighs around that and look at his build.

http://imgix.scout.com/121/1211903.jpg?w=227

http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/2015/07/28/garrett-mid-thamel.jpg

Hard to imagine thats 270

As you know, muscle weighs more than fat. Basically no fat on that body, and hopefully, unlike Clowney, Garrett actually has thick legs as well.

We know college teams fudge their players stats. In ant case from what little ive seen he doesnt come off as that field strong. But he is battling injuries so whatev. Like i said i wouldnt mind him but over other needs? We have two promising edge players now and should get orch back in a week or so

Not sure we'll get Orchard back but who knows. We seem to be playing a decent amount of four man fronts, so I'm intrigued to see how he does there.

Garrett looks like he has a pretty mean bull rush from the videos I've watched.

I keep hearing that too but yet to see it. At the end of tjebyear ill go back a couple seasons on him

You won't see a bull rush prior to this season but it's there now. He had a great one against UCLA and their likely first round OT.

Archived