THE BROWNS BOARD

Absolutely Effing Furious

gftChris

Unless Hue has already decided that he was wrong about Kessler and is already looking through the 2017 draft for his QB of the future. But if he hasn't then that makes his decision to pull Th. absolutely ridiculous.

Well, after last weeks game(and this weeks), Hue was kind of hard on Kess.....(for those who listened to his pressy)....

Basically said Kess was missing plays.....not being aggressive......not stretching the field.....and not scoring.....or winning....

dink, dink, dink, dunk...

Sooo, do you stick with the guy who is playing it too safe?.....who isnt doing the things needed to win?......who isnt seeing the field?.......or do you go with another guy who's gonna try harder, see more opportunities and take a few more chances...???

Yeah, McCown screwed the goose, but at least there was an effort made to improve the situation////

Sorry guys, we've been saying it all along.....Kess doesnt have the tools(or mentality) to be a star QB in this league....

Seems obvious to me.....and, maybe now, starting to seem that way to Hue too.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoopsies, I ain't a coach, but was that Drango or turnstile Erving that totally blew that assignment? With a Haha to Ghoolie looks like Joe has his guy under total control.

I replayed this a couple times before I joined the Tavern Thursday nite. As he is wont to do, Cam chased the DT who lined up in the gap between he and Greco and charged across Greco face. Cam never checked to his left despite the lack of threat to his right.

Roll the tape of this replay forward and after the sack you'll see Drango, by then turned to the camera, whip his head back around with an arm motion as if to ask, "Where'd you go, Cam?"

Sooo, do you stick with the guy who is playing it too safe?.....who isnt doing the things needed to win?......who isnt seeing the field?.......or do you go with another guy who's gonna try harder, see more opportunities and take a few more chances...???

Ah.... along the lines of my speculation a few minutes ago.

Here's the thing... Kess' safety first, game manager approach is perfect for a good team with a strong Defense... the team we want to be. But obviously that ain't us not right now.

Well, after last weeks game(and this weeks), Hue was kind of hard on Kess.....(for those who listened to his pressy)....

Basically said Kess was missing plays.....not being aggressive......not stretching the field.....and not scoring.....or winning....

dink, dink, dink, dunk...

Yeah, McCown screwed the goose, but at least there was an effort made to improve the situation////

Sorry guys, we've been saying it all along.....Kess doesnt have the tools(or mentality) to be a star QB in this league....

Seems obvious to me.....and, maybe now, starting to seem that way to Hue too.....

I've been trying to remain positive about Kessler, and it's easy to root for the kid. Unfortunately, he is Colt McCoy 2.0: undersized, under-armed, 3rd round developmental 3rd string QB with good intangibles who should be riding the pine.

Yeah, he's still way better than Brandon Weeden or Johnny Manziel, but that's not good enough. I hope that there is a worthy QB in this draft class...

Capture_zpsulnqnutj.png

The sacker was lined up pretty much in front of Drango. Why Drango chose not to block him is beyond me. I'm wondering who Drango thought he was supposed to block if not the guy lined up in front of him. The LB'er in the area bolted to the left at the sanp. Erving, on the other hand, is in his own world...as usual.

A team cannot play football with offensive line play like our team gets.

It's as if we targeted bums in the draft.

Capture_zpsulnqnutj.png

The sacker was lined up pretty much in front of Drango. Why Drango chose not to block him is beyond me. I'm wondering who Drango thought he was supposed to block if not the guy lined up in front of him. The LB'er in the area bolted to the left at the sanp. Erving, on the other hand, is in his own world...as usual.

A team cannot play football with offensive line play like our team gets.

It's as if we targeted bums in the draft.

But.....but.........but...........they are a dime a dozen aren't they? And Cam needs a new nickname that fits better than Turnstile. I was thinking maybe Escalator because you can run downhill around him on the open stairs or just right over the top. Your choice gets you there just as quickly either way.

honestly this is the first time I thought about haslem moving the team to L.A

what has lam really needs to do is sell the team. it'd be nice if there were a contingency of wealthy celebs/sport's fans who could become partners and form a trust for the city of cleveland and do what the red sox did when they became relevant again.

what has lam really needs to do is sell the team. it'd be nice if there were a contingency of wealthy celebs/sport's fans who could become partners and form a trust for the city of cleveland and do what the red sox did when they became relevant again.

just as long as we stay in Cleveland hell yes sell the damn team haslem

Whats bad for our Qb's is the constant collapse of our the cock pit due to Injuries... It's affected the whole team.. if we go 0-16 as it appears.. are the scratch your head moments by "Hueless" enough to can him.. Thats the question on Jimmahs mind..

Capture_zpsulnqnutj.png

Whoopsies, I ain't a coach, but was that Drango or turnstile Erving that totally blew that assignment? With a Haha to Ghoolie looks like Joe has his guy under total control.

Im having a wicked silly time digesting this picture. I don't know what's going on. Obviously it's a whiff on a blocking assignment, but what is homeslice doing at this precise moment? It's as if he whiffed the block but sort of passed him off thinking nah the FB/RB will pick that up. As if he's staying in place cause he has to be vigilant for that late zone blitz. I mean look at the seperation the defender already has, that's a PRIMARY FRONT LINE PASS RUSHER. Not some track star from the secondary that timed the snap right. And our guard is literally left in the dust. It doesn't even look like he cares that our QB is about to get killed.

These are the killshots that have made me sick for years and why PFF can eat my whole ass about our O line being amongst the best. They've been giving up these kinds of pathways to the QB to primary front 4 rushers for years. This is why our QB's are in the protocol multiple times a year...cause the big boys upfront just get to TEE OFF on them on a regular basis. What in the all fuck? OL get beat, happens every sunday i get that....but it seems like when other teams OL get beat the defender is still sloughing off his OL when he grabs the QB. Other OL just seem to be around the play so they gave it their best, you can't stop good pass rushers all the time..but you want to impede their momentum so they don't crush your QB. Our OL just can't do this and I don't know why. That picture, if it hasn't been doctored...is just amazing. THe defender is 3-4 yds past the guard and the guard has barely turned his pads backward.

sigh

Slide protect? Slide to the unoccupied gap so the dl has a clr unimpeded path to the qb? Lol. Maybe im not seeing everything in this picture but dont u usually slide somewhere if the defense is loading up one side with more guys than u have blockers? Im only seeing a 4 man rush with everyone else miles downfield. I mean thetes no one even close. And drango just doesnt look like he's interested in following the guy that beat him. Maybe he thought an inside screen was called and he was supposedto release his man upfield?

Don't be shocked that Ray Farmer made a bad draft pick.

Erving is terrible, and should be cut.

I hope one of our seconds next draft is C.

Also not worth worrying about - it's glaringly obvious. Or, at least, it should be.

It's like Farmer just read a few online draft boards and picked according to what he thought was position need. Except for receiver.

We need to hope that Erving can be a serviceable OT now. Does it completely suck that yet another first round pick isn't working out? Yes, yes it does. But a team always needs OL depth, so maybe he can provide that. *sigh*

how dem analytics goin these days....pfffffft...oh yeah, lets not draft elliot, bosa, dak,,,etc......yeah, we will continue to get our ass kicked every sunday til who knows when....

Please bump threads where you were pining for Dak Prescott pre draft. I'll wait.

We need to hope that Erving can be a serviceable OT now.

Pasztor has been a top-10 tackle and the #1 RT in the NFL after week 4 this year. We don't need Erving for anything other than depth.

And the point of cutting him is that you don't keep a 1st round pick on your roster unless he's starting.

Pasztor has been a top-10 tackle and the #1 RT in the NFL after week 4 this year. We don't need Erving for anything other than depth.

And the point of cutting him is that you don't keep a 1st round pick on your roster unless he's starting.

Draft status should have precisely shit all to do with whether you stay on the roster. It's not like he's a first round QB that the fans are going to scream for after every incompletion. If he's better than the next guy, he stays. If not, he guys. The round he was drafted in two years ago has no bearing on his ability today.

We need to hope that Erving can be a serviceable OT now. Does it completely suck that yet another first round pick isn't working out? Yes, yes it does. But a team always needs OL depth, so maybe he can provide that. *sigh*

We've already tried the Turnstile @ guard, and he's sucked there too. Pretty hard to bust on a center in the first round,but Erving is about the worst I've ever seen.

We've already tried the Turnstile @ guard, and he's sucked there too. Pretty hard to bust on a center in the first round,but Erving is about the worst I've ever seen.

I know, man...I know. I'm just trying to find SOMETHING positive here, and the guy DOES have the correct frame for tackle. I set the bar pretty low when I said he could be a backup tackle...hopefully it works out. You hate to have ANOTHER first rounder that delivers absolutely nothing. It's basically unheard of. That being said, Shelton has shown signs of life this year, and maybe he can build on that. At least BOTH aren't looking like complete busts....

*sigh*

You hate to have ANOTHER first rounder that delivers absolutely nothing.

Past is past. I haven't seen any tape of Coleman, but I have to believe he's still recovering from the torn MCL he suffered in a game one year ago today. [and they thought it was just a sprain, so he played more with it, exacerbating it and extending the recovery timeline..]

I'll keep Coleman as T backup, Drango as G backup, and Reiter as C/G backup all over Turnstile.

Coleman got some time a couple games ago. I saw one blown assignment... AKA a great series for Cam...

Slide protect? Slide to the unoccupied gap so the dl has a clr unimpeded path to the qb? Lol. Maybe im not seeing everything in this picture but dont u usually slide somewhere if the defense is loading up one side with more guys than u have blockers? Im only seeing a 4 man rush with everyone else miles downfield. I mean thetes no one even close. And drango just doesnt look like he's interested in following the guy that beat him. Maybe he thought an inside screen was called and he was supposedto release his man upfield?

There was an added LB and DB on the right pre-snap. The LB bailed at the snap the DB threatened the right side actually taking a step towards the line before sprinting to the right flat. As I wrote elsewhere at least Cam did not chase him...

Please bump threads where you were pining for Dak Prescott pre draft. I'll wait.

** Tour raises and waves his hand ** "Oooh... ask me... ask me..."

Even my last, untested darkhorse appeared this week... and didn't shit the bed.

Now if Goff would just come through... not that I mind nailing darkhorses, but it's be nice to notch a first rounder, let alone a #1 overall...

I know, man...I know. I'm just trying to find SOMETHING positive here, and the guy DOES have the correct frame for tackle.

I feel your pain, but trust me... you can stop digging... there's no pony under this particular pile of shit.

Yes & It's Steeler Week.so If they think Gilbert gave them depth for a 2018 pick. Big Erv's turnstile ride should get us a 2019 pick..Shit$burgs GM is as blind as a Farmer we use to know

Now if Goff would just come through... not that I mind nailing darkhorses, but it's be nice to notch a first rounder, let alone a #1 overall...

Goff to start this weekend. You were far from the only guy in that camp, so you won't be alone watching how he does.

It's very interesting to see how the Rams have brought Goff along this season, especially him being drafted #1. The Rams are a PERFECT example of what a team can accomplish with a decent defense and an experienced head coach (I didn't say "great coach", but Fisher is definitely experienced). Rams have scored 20 or more points only TWICE this season, yet they are 4-5 I think. Four wins so far while only scoring 20 or more TWICE? Do you realize how crazy that is? Think about our defense and how bad they are. How many wins do WE have if our defense is merely MID-PACK? Hell, we give up over 30 every week, or close to it, right? How the hell are we supposed to evaluate a young QB who is down significant points almost EVERY week? Again, that's what made Cody's benching against the Ravens so completely mind-boggling. We've been wanting (at least I have) to see Cody in a close game, and see how he reacts when the game is on the line. He got ONE drive in the second half, and Hue Jackson benched him with the score 7-6! (Hue made the move when the Ravens had the ball and didn't score yet).

For the first time, I read and heard on the radio that Browns players were "visibly upset" about Cody's lack of deep throwing. I didn't see it personally, but apparently there were a few times when deep plays could've been made, and for whatever reason, he didn't cut the ball loose. Again, I didn't see these plays, but Hue Jackson made mention of it, and said "We don't want to be that kind of team." (speaking in terms of players getting visibly angry on the sideline). I haven't had the chance to go back and look for these plays, but apparently they were there. I know I saw several times in which we WANTED to go down the field, but Cody didn't have time. However, I don't have any plays that stick out in my mind where Cody "should've thrown it down the field". Do you guys remember any specific plays?

Archived