THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trubisky

domcucch1994

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

I'm on board but I'm a homer

Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.

"Gip is a dickwad."

Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

"Gip is a dickwad."

Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

LOL!

Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh

I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar

LOL!

Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh

I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar

If they wait for a 6'2 undersized college running QB, then they deserve to get fired.

Against Duke, he had better protection in the first half and it showed. He was solid and deadly. In the second half, Duke brought pressure and the UNC o-line got exposed. Trubisky fell apart and looked very shaky all the way until he threw the game losing INT.

More to go...

Came out "on fire" against Florida State. Knew he had to get rid of the ball quickly, and did with great success. Almost perfect in the first half, then had a few bad plays holding onto it too long in the 2nd half; however, he did lead 2 4th quarter drives to get the "W".

Overall so far, plays great despite a weak line. Impressive arm strength, anticipates well, and is quick to get the ball out. He also has good wheels and isn't afraid to tuck and run. He can be a little over-aggressive at times, and loses his accuracy occasionally. Stats may be inflated due to all the screen passes they throw.

More to go...

Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.

Sounds like he would fit right in on the Browns

Against Miami, showed off the wheels and great arm strength.

Noticing he loses accuracy on the run, and needs to learn to throw the ball away as he tends to look down and run at times when nobodys open... needs to keep eyes downfield better.

After watching 5 games, I'm not sure I see #1 overall talent, but I do see a good player.

Last game I got tape for was against Virginia. Turbisky lit them up pretty good.

Overall, I am impressed. He has subpar talent around him yet he has been a very productive player. He looks the part, but will require some adjustment to the NFL game. I think he can be a 1st round pick (based on what I saw) compared to other 1st round QBs Ive seen over the past 5 years. He has the size, speed, arm strength, and a fast release. He is a little inconsistent but much of it is when he is pressured. He does show escapability, but especially loses accuracy when on the move.

I like him. I may have to look at Kiser and Watson for comparison sake.

Well that eliminates him as our #1 pick because our OL requires you to throw ONLY on the run. :P

Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

There's no such thing as a sure thing

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

So if he gets taken with the first pick in the draft that will make him better?

Or just a bigger embarrassment if he's not on his way to the hall of fame after the second year in the league?

WSS

he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.

Mitch is no JaFattus, Flugs. Have a good friend that lives in Raleigh, and has seen a bunch of his games. Doesn't rate him as a #1 overall talent, but as a pretty good prospect. Garrett might be the "sure thing" @ #1 (assuming we have it). But as others have said- Tru isn't going to last until our pick we got from the Eagles comes around. Hmmmm- didn't they change the rules on the supplemental draft? That could get interesting ala Kosar. We get our two stud defenders, and then take Mitch in the supplemental.

Not sure why but I'm getting very much a 'Teddy Twatwater' vibe from Deshaun Watson. Pre-season number one, fell down the boards due to an apparently slightly underwhelming season (where Watson's basically on exactly the same numbers as the year before) and people worried about his size at 'only' 6'2" and 205lbs.

Maybe I'm just squinting a bit too much but the parallels looks obvious to me at least.

he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.

He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

WSS

He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

WSS

Steve, did you hear that he is a local kid who wants to play for the Browns? Surely that makes you want the #1 to be used on drafting Trubisky.

Archived