THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trubisky

domcucch1994

Except Trubisky IS ranked by CBS. Hell, Peppers, a 3rd year sophomore is listed:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Allen, Garrett and Peppers are 1,2,3,...then Trubisky 4th. But, hell, Peppers, at 207 has been playing LB for UM...he ain't playing that in the pros, and even our UM denizen has disparaged Peppers as a DB (but we could use his return skills).

Interesting since CBS is "Powered by NFLDraftScout.com" and Draft Scout has not included underclassmen and has not yet populated its "Top 750 for 2017" list as yet...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2017&sortby=rateall&order=ASC

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to tape the combine this year so i can get a better view of the incoming players. Last year i watched all the o lineman,HB/FB and WR most of the QB but missed most of the Defensive positions.

Couple of points i made back then and i am drawing from memory here so bear with me.

Jason Spriggs had a ton a potential very very physical but you could tell he needed professional refinement he could be as good as Joe Thomas in 1-2 years,

Glasgow has the lowest center of gravity and fantastic explosion best in class,

Joe Thuney had the best footwork best in class,

Stanley was the most complete and displayed what only could be described as angry he wasn't being as hyped as Tunsil,

Tunsil had talent but was LAZY,LAZY,LAZY it's no surprise he has struggled this year when healthy,

German ifedi looked lost out there he tried but looked bad in practice but his game tape looked much better maybe he's just a poor tester lol.

For the HB there wasnt really much of a standout here aside from elliot just looking like an nfl ready back

Elliot looked good not great but good enough to be the best in a weak class that could be what made Elliot so good is that he is above average in most aspects (hands are a bit iffy but they are not horrible)

Couple other names that stood out were Howard and Procise both looked good in their own ways Howard a bit more physical and Procise was a lot smoother.

FB was Danny Vitale and it wasn't even close great hands very physical Extremely quick feet fastest out of ALL RB/FB except maybe Darius Jackson

WR they split into two groups and i only watched one group perform but i did watch Treadwell's group Treadwell looked average at best not worth drafting high, Michael Thomas played like a Big Receiver and caught away from his body, Will fuller was really really fast is about all i remember from him he was showing a different league of speed compared to everyone else.

Interesting since CBS is "Powered by NFLDraftScout.com" and Draft Scout has not included underclassmen and has not yet populated its "Top 750 for 2017" list as yet...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2017&sortby=rateall&order=ASC

Granted Tour. But almost every mock I've looked at (OK, it's still early) has Mitch right at the top.

All the mocks are worth shit until the last few days before the draft where things start taking shape. Literally none of them had Bosa going to the chargers. And then you get Tunsil falling from to the dolphins because of some draft day shit. Unless you have a clear cut case like last year with two teams who are super QB hungry being at the top, especially when they've traded to get there, it's anybody's guess.

At this stage they're all just saying "this seems like it might make sense if the draft were today" which it obviously isn't.

All the mocks are worth shit until the last few days before the draft where things start taking shape. Literally none of them had Bosa going to the chargers. And then you get Tunsil falling from to the dolphins because of some draft day shit. Unless you have a clear cut case like last year with two teams who are super QB hungry being at the top, especially when they've traded to get there, it's anybody's guess.

At this stage they're all just saying "this seems like it might make sense if the draft were today" which it obviously isn't.

Well, you absolutely could have a case of two teams at the top of the draft being "QB hungry". The Browns, of course. (Do you believe in Black Jesus?) And the Bears....who I think want to move on from Cutler. Or maybe even the Jets....though they have two totally untested QBs they still have to try out....Petty and Hackenberg. Perhaps not the 49ers if they view Kaepernick as their continuing starter. (He may be the best QB on all the teams I have named here...fair to say?)

Well, you absolutely could have a case of two teams at the top of the draft being "QB hungry". The Browns, of course. (Do you believe in Black Jesus?) And the Bears....who I think want to move on from Cutler. Or maybe even the Jets....though they have two totally untested QBs they still have to try out....Petty and Hackenberg. Perhaps not the 49ers if they view Kaepernick as their continuing starter. (He may be the best QB on all the teams I have named here...fair to say?)

Yeah but I don't think it's necessarily super clear cut this year. It could be that Trubisky and Watson go top 2, but at this stage nobody knows anything more than you or I.

While I agree somewhat.....I think franchise QBs win Superbowls more often than great Ds.....not that you don't need both.

There are outliers: last year, 2005 Steelers, 2000 Ravens.

The thing is this:

Well one possibility is to take the QB and look down on that list where you find Tim Wiliams @17. I have watched Bama some this year and he gets to the QB quite often and is speedier than Allen. In fact it's the two of them together that makes their D work so well against the passing game. Then we can figure out who to take in the two early 2nd round spots, SS or OL.

Edit: they play this Sat. in SEC Championship game @4pm EST-worth a watch to see both play together. Allen has 7 sacks this year and Williams 8.

Lets calm down, ofc he's saying he wants to play for clev....cause right now there's zero doubt where we're picking. He wants #1 money

Actually- as I've said in another thread, there is some doubt. It would be so like the Browns to win a game or two (Bengals and\or Chargers) and blow the #1 overall. Right now the 49ers hold the strength of schedule tiebreaker over the Browns. I'll breathe a little easier if they manage to beat the Bears this weekend- they almost pulled a win out against the Dolphins.

And looking at it a little deeper (schedule wise) - should the Browns get really lucky and win two of the last four- the two win Jaguars and Bears are unlikely to win another game.

Well one possibility is to take the QB and look down on that list where you find Tim Wiliams @17. I have watched Bama some this year and he gets to the QB quite often and is speedier than Allen. In fact it's the two of them together that makes their D work so well against the passing game. Then we can figure out who to take in the two early 2nd round spots, SS or OL.

Edit: they play this Sat. in SEC Championship game @4pm EST-worth a watch to see both play together. Allen has 7 sacks this year and Williams 8.

Fair deal. A man a plan Panama!

Lets calm down, ofc he's saying he wants to play for clev....cause right now there's zero doubt where we're picking. He wants #1 money

ofc? Interpret.

If you are talking Trubisky...and you say he wants #1 money...and we draft him #1...then we give him what he wants. I mean, that is a No Shit Sherlock situation, no?

Actually- as I've said in another thread, there is some doubt. It would be so like the Browns to win a game or two (Bengals and\or Chargers) and blow the #1 overall. Right now the 49ers hold the strength of schedule tiebreaker over the Browns. I'll breathe a little easier if they manage to beat the Bears this weekend- they almost pulled a win out against the Dolphins.

And looking at it a little deeper (schedule wise) - should the Browns get really lucky and win two of the last four- the two win Jaguars and Bears are unlikely to win another game.

Maybe Jags don't take MT since they got Bortles. Maybe 49ers don't take him cause they got Kaepernik.

But do you see the Bears passing on him?

If 49ers or Jags do end up with #1....would you see them entertaining offers to trade to someone...other than Browns who would want to go that route?

Browns did it last year. Who else would be a player? Cardinals? Saints for ultimate Brees replacement? Pittsburgh? Jets, clearly. Giants? Bills?

Maybe Jags don't take MT since they got Bortles. Maybe 49ers don't take him cause they got Kaepernik.

If 49ers or Jags do end up with #1....would you see them entertaining offers to trade to someone...other than Browns who would want to go that route?

Browns did it last year. Who else would be a player? Cardinals? Saints for ultimate Brees replacement? Pittsburgh? Jets, clearly. Giants? Bills?

No way in hell Gip. Jets would certainly be in the conversation for a trade up. Once you get past the Niners, Bears, and Jets- it's a long drop off to the next possibility. As you said, Cardinals (currently #9) and Saints (currently #12). Whoever holds the #1 would want a ton to move down that far- like an RG III deal, three firsts and a second.

The Rams gave up two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds to get Goff.

If the 9ers or the Jags got #1 they would both jump on Garrett with both feet because just like us they are in dire need of a pass rusher.

Crushing News to Camp Trubisky..Sophomore QB Lamar Jackson-6'3" 205 with 4.4 40 times, is ACCPOTY & 1st Team Acc QB announced today. 51 TD's. 30 by Air & 21 by Land finishing 2nd in rushing yards(1538)& 3rd in passing yards. Lamar got 36 votes, Watson got 5 & Conner got 3 as past winners of POTY & Dalvin Cook got 3.. It's never to late in Cleveland, To say "Wait till Next Year" but how bout the year after :ph34r: #HuegottaBelieveman

No way in hell Gip. Jets would certainly be in the conversation for a trade up. Once you get past the Niners, Bears, and Jets- it's a long drop off to the next possibility. As you said, Cardinals (currently #9) and Saints (currently #12). Whoever holds the #1 would want a ton to move down that far- like an RG III deal, three firsts and a second.

If we trade down again, that certainly means the FO is content with fielding RGIII, McCown, and Kessler (or variation of) next year. If that's the case I sure as hell won't be seeing any games at FE next season.

Whoever holds the #1 would want a ton to move down that far- like an RG III deal, three firsts and a second.

...and the Eagles gave up a bunch for Wentz

...and the Colts wouldn't take ANYthing offered for Luck.

What is that telling us?

It tells us that teams understand the NEED to have that good QB.

The QB is 'off the curve' important.

It's been that way for a loooong time. Otto Graham, Bart Star, Don Meredith, John Unitas, etc, etc. It was ALWAYS teams with good QB's that were consistently winning and vying for championships. (some, of course, didn't have a team around them...shining example, Archie Manning...which is what made Archie such a jerk about where his sons would play)

And the importance of the QB certainly hasn't diminished in today's pass-happy NFL. (in general, it's harder to run in today's nfl with the defensive players being bigger, faster, better than the one's of the Jim Brown days)

We still 'appear' to need a QB. But the QB cannot reach his potential without a good OL, receivers that can get open & catch, and a running game that's capable of keeping a defense honest. It's a team game in that sense...but it's all pretty much moot without the QB....which is why teams will pay 'off the curve' to acquire one.

Crushing News to Camp Trubisky..Sophomore QB Lamar Jackson-6'3" 205 with 4.4 40 times, is ACCPOTY & 1st Team Acc QB announced today. 51 TD's. 30 by Air & 21 by Land finishing 2nd in rushing yards(1538)& 3rd in passing yards. Lamar got 36 votes, Watson got 5 & Conner got 3 as past winners of POTY & Dalvin Cook got 3.. It's never to late in Cleveland, To say "Wait till Next Year" but how bout the year after :ph34r: #HuegottaBelieveman

sub 60% completion rate and a little over 200lbs plays in nothing that resembles a professional style of football. Maybe we should not draft the college-style players and try drafting NFL-style players. Just a thought

In case you don't think a QB can be in play for the #1 overall spot because of a 'weak class', keep in mind this is now an ownership and front office that will have a bit of desperation in trying

to re-energize the fanbase, bring back season ticket sales and get a positive off season buzz going.

Nothing does that faster and more effectively than a 1st round QB.

Does that mean I agree with it? Nope.

But do not for one minute believe it isn't possible.

...and the Eagles gave up a bunch for Wentz

...and the Colts wouldn't take ANYthing offered for Luck.

What is that telling us?

It tells us that teams understand the NEED to have that good QB.

The QB is 'off the curve' important.

It's been that way for a loooong time. Otto Graham, Bart Star, Don Meredith, John Unitas, etc, etc. It was ALWAYS teams with good QB's that were consistently winning and vying for championships. (some, of course, didn't have a team around them...shining example, Archie Manning...which is what made Archie such a jerk about where his sons would play)

And the importance of the QB certainly hasn't diminished in today's pass-happy NFL. (in general, it's harder to run in today's nfl with the defensive players being bigger, faster, better than the one's of the Jim Brown days)

We still 'appear' to need a QB. But the QB cannot reach his potential without a good OL, receivers that can get open & catch, and a running game that's capable of keeping a defense honest. It's a team game in that sense...but it's all pretty much moot without the QB....which is why teams will pay 'off the curve' to acquire one.

True, black tarkenton and kessler mccoy aren't franchise QBs, are they?

So we're gonna wait another year for a RG III clone? You can take those 21 rushing TDs and stuff 'em up your a$$ in the pros.

In case you don't think a QB can be in play for the #1 overall spot because of a 'weak class', keep in mind this is now an ownership and front office that will have a bit of desperation in trying

to re-energize the fanbase, bring back season ticket sales and get a positive off season buzz going.

Nothing does that faster and more effectively than a 1st round QB.

Does that mean I agree with it? Nope.

But do not for one minute believe it isn't possible.

See Rams: Goff. Can I start a new mantra? " Make the switch to Mitch"?

Archived