THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trubisky

domcucch1994

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well maybe if idiot farmer didn't google draft picks, or flip a coin we wouldn't of ended up with manziel, and we would've gotten who pettine liked, carr or garrapolo, lol

Sure but not much we can do about that now. There are so many coulda woulda shouldas from past drafts, particularly in the first round - Danny Shelton is about the only one that's worked out since 2011. Hope Coleman breaks that, and next year's two.

Hit on the two we have this year will go a long way to making things right.

Sure but not much we can do about that now. There are so many coulda woulda shouldas from past drafts, particularly in the first round - Danny Shelton is about the only one that's worked out since 2011. Hope Coleman breaks that, and next year's two.

Hit on the two we have this year will go a long way to making things right.

if we hit this year i'll be fine.... if we MISS again, i might have a stroke

As far as Coleman goes, I'm a little irritated that we don't make it more of a priority to get him the ball. I feel that we force too many balls to Pryor, which I get, but Coleman should get more balls too. What I DON'T know, is whether Coleman is open. I'd need the all 22 angle, and I don't have access to it. Even so, I don't remember us ever running a reverse to Coleman (or Pryor), and I'd like to see some more creativity in getting the ball into his hands. I'd also like a jet sweep. I really hope Coleman finishes strong...that would be huge.

Right now, there are three guys I would be happy with at #1: Garrett, Trubisky, and Allen. At this time, we don't even know which QB's will even declare for the draft. I believe Trubisky's mother indicated he would give his answer after his bowl game, but I could be mistaken. After all, he's only started one season. I also haven't heard anything about Deshone Kizer (who I don't love anyways). I believe Watson is the only top tier QB that has declared. So what do we do if Mitch doesn't come out? Well, we take the best player in the draft and move on. I'll be the first to admit that Garrett's numbers haven't been eye-popping, and that scares me to some extent, but he also grades out extremely well against the run, so it's not like he's a one-trick pony or anything.

What is that telling us?

It tells us that teams understand the NEED to have that good QB...

... IF "teams" see a QB they believe IS the one. Then, and only then, is price no object.

In 2017 it looks for the world like our "price" will be only a single pick. So our "IF's" font size can be a little smaller, but the belief will still have to be strong, ie., unanimous.

In case you don't think a QB can be in play for the #1 overall spot because of a 'weak class', keep in mind this is now an ownership and front office that will have a bit of desperation in trying to re-energize the fanbase, bring back season ticket sales and get a positive off season buzz going.

Agree it's possible we go QB, but are season sales actually off?

Single game tix? Sure... Concessions? Sure... And combined they're sizeable revenue, but not season ticket level.

Crushing News to Camp Trubisky..Sophomore QB Lamar Jackson-6'3" 205 with 4.4 40 times, is ACCPOTY & 1st Team Acc QB announced today. 51 TD's. 30 by Air & 21 by Land finishing 2nd in rushing yards(1538)& 3rd in passing yards. Lamar got 36 votes, Watson got 5 & Conner got 3 as past winners of POTY & Dalvin Cook got 3.. It's never to late in Cleveland, To say "Wait till Next Year" but how bout the year after :ph34r: #HuegottaBelieveman

Lamar Jackson deserved it. He deserves the Heisman as the best college player.

And that has fuck all to do with who would make the best NFL QB. A. I am not even sure if Jackson is draft eligible....have to check on that. B. Even if he were, he would not get that high of a rank as an NFL prospect, I don't think. Only slightly better than JT Barrett...who is not highly ranked.

Note: I don't see where the scouting services list him....so I am skeptical about his eligibility.

If he's a true Sophomore, then he's not eligible.

NFL's only requirement is that players must be three-years removed from their High School senior year.

As far as Coleman goes, I'm a little irritated that we don't make it more of a priority to get him the ball. I feel that we force too many balls to Pryor, which I get, but Coleman should get more balls too. What I DON'T know, is whether Coleman is open. I'd need the all 22 angle, and I don't have access to it. Even so, I don't remember us ever running a reverse to Coleman (or Pryor), and I'd like to see some more creativity in getting the ball into his hands. I'd also like a jet sweep. I really hope Coleman finishes strong...that would be huge.

Right now, there are three guys I would be happy with at #1: Garrett, Trubisky, and Allen. At this time, we don't even know which QB's will even declare for the draft. I believe Trubisky's mother indicated he would give his answer after his bowl game, but I could be mistaken. After all, he's only started one season. I also haven't heard anything about Deshone Kizer (who I don't love anyways). I believe Watson is the only top tier QB that has declared. So what do we do if Mitch doesn't come out? Well, we take the best player in the draft and move on. I'll be the first to admit that Garrett's numbers haven't been eye-popping, and that scares me to some extent, but he also grades out extremely well against the run, so it's not like he's a one-trick pony or anything.

Again, why would MT not come out.....he would at least be guaranteed of a Top 5 slot...and the money that goes with it.....and probably would have a better than 50/50 chance to be #1.

I mean, the fact is, these guys to to play in college to a great extent to go pro. When you are like considered for #1 overall....go pro, get started on that pro career, get Paid.

Again, why would MT not come out.....he would at least be guaranteed of a Top 5 slot...and the money that goes with it.....and probably would have a better than 50/50 chance to be #1.

I mean, the fact is, these guys to to play in college to a great extent to go pro. When you are like considered for #1 overall....go pro, get started on that pro career, get Paid.

Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley? All three of those guys were talked about as ultimately among the top two or three prospects in the year before they were drafted. Same as a guy like Malik Hooker who's just said he's staying in school (and eating his vitamins, saying no to drugs etc).

There's more to life than money.

Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley?

You forgot the obvious one-hit wonder example... Shotgun.

Matt Leinart stayed in an extra year simply because he loved his USC lifestyle. And as we and the Cards later found out, he continued to love it even after turning pro.

You forgot the obvious one-hit wonder example... Shotgun.

Matt Leinart stayed in an extra year simply because he loved his USC lifestyle. And as we and the Cards later found out, he continued to love it even after turning pro.

But Mitch is a sure fire can't miss stud who will turn this franchise around, guaranteed, doesn't matter that he's only played a year of college ball and might want to work on his game a little before being thrown to the NFL wolves behind what, wherever he's drafted, will inevitably not be a great OL.

Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley? All three of those guys were talked about as ultimately among the top two or three prospects in the year before they were drafted. Same as a guy like Malik Hooker who's just said he's staying in school (and eating his vitamins, saying no to drugs etc).

There's more to life than money.

Sure....but I don't think MT looks at it the same as these guys do.

Plus...yes, there is that factor of the he wants to play for having the #1 pick. And, if through back channels they express to him that he is high on their list....he goes. You know those back channels exist. Hell, they aren't even necessary. Things have been out in the open.

But Mitch is a sure fire can't miss stud who will turn this franchise around, guaranteed, doesn't matter that he's only played a year of college ball

I know why you didn't print this in pink....because you were not being sarcastic at all...you were being accurate.

and might want to work on his game a little before being thrown to the NFL wolves behind what, wherever he's drafted, will inevitably not be a great OL.

The game he will need to work on is the NFL game....not the college game system he is in now.

I agree that he should not be thrown to the wolves right away. (I also think we have about 3/5th of a good OL...its just that the other 2/5ths bring the whole line down....but that is reparable.) Let him sit for a while and learn some....sure, just like Goff has.

... IF "teams" see a QB they believe IS the one. Then, and only then, is price no object.

In 2017 it looks for the world like our "price" will be only a single pick. So our "IF's" font size can be a little smaller, but the belief will still have to be strong, ie., unanimous.

Single game tix? Sure... Concessions? Sure... And combined they're sizeable revenue, but not season ticket level.

I'd be willing to venture that season ticket renewals for next year are projecting to be very low.

Don't be a bitch, pass on Mitch? That first place carrot is in the form of Myles Garrett?

Ha- you're gonna bitch when we draft Mitch. :) It's early, a lot can happen in 5 months. Trubiski doesn't have to declare- but if he's slotted top 5, why not? There's always the chance of serious injury in that extra year that can drop your draft stock like a lead balloon. IIRC the deadline to declare for the draft is mid January. The draft order will be set (except for the playoff teams). Now if the Browns have the #1 overall and tell Mitch "you're our guy". It will get interesting.

I would doubt there's going to be much happening on NEW season ticket sales. I seriously doubt long time season ticket holders with PSLs (that would be me) are going to dump their seats, even in the light of this nightmare season. I've mentioned a couple of times to buy back into my section when the Browns start playing well (and they will eventually) would cost me around $20,000. You're literally married to those seats. We've put in for seat improvement 5 years running to get in between the 30s- and nothing's happened. NOBODY in those sections will give up those seats- and a fair portion of them are corporate. Back in 1996 when PSLs were first offered, you needed 30 years worth of seniority to have a shot at those sections. So now that's around 48 years worth- yeah, the rights to those seats get handed down in wills.

I'd be willing to venture that season ticket renewals for next year are projecting to be very low.

See above. If you have lousy seats, didn't have to buy a PSL (they were done away with a few years ago) and are disgusted with the product, no reason you can't flip the Browns the bird and say "see ya later".

All true, h, but fans are fans and aren't ones with "cheap" season tix at the front of the line for the premium seats if and when they become availvable?

All true, h, but fans are fans and aren't ones with "cheap" season tix at the front of the line for the premium seats if and when they become availvable?

They'll be in the front of the line for the worst of the best if you get my drift. They can't just move into any season ticket seat that becomes available. For those of us who still have our PSL seniority, here's how it works. We would get improvement in our section (111) first, to say move up from row nine to row 23 (last row of the lower deck, it's under cover, and you can knock on the floor of the luxury boxes right above you). THEN, if available we would get bumped to section 110, closer to the 50. There would be a revolt if a guy who only had season tickets for a couple of years got parked on the 40 yard line lower deck.

The team has become unwatchable.

If there was ever a time.......this would be it.

sub 60% completion rate and a little over 200lbs plays in nothing that resembles a professional style of football. Maybe we should not draft the college-style players and try drafting NFL-style players. Just a thought

So we're gonna wait another year for a RG III clone? You can take those 21 rushing TDs and stuff 'em up your a$$ in the pros.

The post was thrown into a Camp where it's own ACC sportswriters also see Mitch as a Unproven 1 hit wonder. I live in NC & hear it in sports media all day.I also hear HC Larry Fedora is always looking for more $$, meaning Mitch will properly commit to NFL. Lamar out gaining a bunch of college kids by 100 yards per game properly means nothing to pro scouts. But to Huejax ,we have 3 QB's under contract thru next season & 1 Hue thinks highly of in HIS rookie Kessler. Lamar also would fall into Hues RG3/Kapernick(Tyrod Taylor not to all bad) thoughts of Offense..Who knows what this FO is thinking? But, with this roster & owners happy trigger..Mitch should not be on our board till we land 3 guaranteed starters..ANYWHERE

Can anyone saying Mitch isn't worthy of his current prospect ranking explain to me why he isn't?

Because, up until this point, the only things I've seen are "he's not as good as Goff was last year" or "he only has one year of playing time". And frankly, one of them is flat out wrong and the other is Retarded.

The post was thrown into a Camp where it's own ACC sportswriters also see Mitch as a Unproven 1 hit wonder. I live in NC & hear it in sports media all day.I also hear HC Larry Fedora is always looking for more $$, meaning Mitch will properly commit to NFL. Lamar out gaining a bunch of college kids by 100 yards per game properly means nothing to pro scouts. But to Huejax ,we have 3 QB's under contract thru next season & 1 Hue thinks highly of in HIS rookie Kessler. Lamar also would fall into Hues RG3/Kapernick(Tyrod Taylor not to all bad) thoughts of Offense..Who knows what this FO is thinking? But, with this roster & owners happy trigger..Mitch should not be on our board till we land 3 guaranteed starters..ANYWHERE

And I will grant you this. ^ I have a good friend that lives in Raleigh and has seen a bunch of Mitch's games, and he's far from overwhelmed. I 100% agree it's a big risk drafting a guy high, not to mention #1 overall- on a short body of work. In fact, our now departed prodigious poster Shep had one stat that sticks in my mind- the # of starts a college qb has had sort of translates to how well he will do in the pros. But hey- our crack analytics guys have this all figured out for us.

1- Homegrown Player

2- He has both arm strength and accuracy / Mobile / Great with the play action

3- He has a sturdy frame and good size / Durable

4- Clean background / Well-Spoken / Humble

5- Competitive desire to win / Raises the level of play of the players around him

6- Would like to play for Cleveland / He has family in Ohio

8- He has that "IT" factor that you look for in a QB / I'm getting the vibes I got with Carr from Trubisky right now

9- ...eh, I'm sold... for now, it's still early though, but I would say that if we have a chance to draft him, he could be as good as Luck or Carr.

1- Homegrown Player

2- He has both arm strength and accuracy / Mobile / Great with the play action

3- He has a sturdy frame and good size / Durable

4- Clean background / Well-Spoken / Humble

5- Competitive desire to win / Raises the level of play of the players around him

6- Would like to play for Cleveland / He has family in Ohio

8- He has that "IT" factor that you look for in a QB / I'm getting the vibes I got with Carr from Trubisky right now

9- ...eh, I'm sold... for now, it's still early though, but I would say that if we have a chance to draft him, he could be as good as Luck or Carr.

Welp, sorry for the ruined career, Mitch.

Trubisky attended Mentor High School in Mentor, Ohio. During his career he passed for 9,126 yards and 92 touchdowns and rushed for 1,559 career yards and 33 touchdowns and was named Mr. Football in Ohio. Trubisky committed to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to play college football

But hey- our crack analytics guys have this all figured out for us.

Sometimes I trust the so-called experts that get paid in this business. 2 teams last season jumped threw hoops for Goff & Wentz cause the future at a NFL QB looked bleak.. our crack analytics guys were still rearranging The Furniture on The Titanic at The Ports of Berea(rolling in there office desk)..But hell, they all got Prescott wrong & yea, Jay Cutlers out for season. Maybe Hue thinks he can fix'em too" :o ..Damn maybe a win will do us all some good..Keep that wife at home,it's shopping season ;)

Dak Prescott is having success because he is on a stacked team.

The Browns are not on the same level as the Cowboys.

If Dak played for the Browns... he would look a lot like Kevin Hogan does right now.

Archived