THE BROWNS BOARD

Ray Horton out

The Cysko Kid

i'd take williams Rams defense over Wades with the Broncos. Reason is Wade had Von Miller. Williams had a bunch of good players with the Rams too but you took away one player and the D was still very good, better than the broncos without von miller.

Isn't there a Von Miller in this draft? Same school or so I've heard... ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not defending horton but williams or phillips or whoever else haslam decides to pull out of his ass is gonna need a lot of help in talent on that side of the ball to make them even close to what ur seing in ur highlight reel videos of these other guys. horton got dick and he got dicked. that's biz.

everyone looks great until they come to cleveland.....then it's reality check 101.

wow. I mean im not devestated but fuck....i didn't think they'd do another 1 and done with him.

Why not? Went to the stats. 31st in point allowed, 31st in yards allowed, T 30th in rush defense, and dead last in sacks. Makes me think they just might possible go defense with the first two picks.

Williams is a 4-3 guy.

Hooray!!!!

Mostly to reply to Tour, Williams is a lot younger than Wade, but then Lebeau coached until he was 80.

We had some close games in the beginning of the season where we could have won a few if it weren't for the defense, so I understand if someone had to go it was Horton...the offense, at least in the beginning, wasn't that bad. Especially the running game. So im not a big fan of Horton, but i just can't help but feel this isn't good. The new guy is gonna come in here and do what that defense? It's very young and needs a few years. And now we're throwing a likely scheme change at them as well. If we do go to a 4-3 it won't really affect the D line much, if anything it'll be good for Nassib and Ogbah. But LB'ers might be a problem especially if williams comes in. The williams defense is apparently pretty complex for the LB'ers and secondary....so if they're out of sync don't expect much from the DL if QB's only need 1s to get rid of the ball.

Horton is not the problem. It isn't Horton's fault that the Browns don't score, that they drop passes, fumble Pick-6 TDs, commit penalties, miss tackles, kicks and blocks. It isn't Horton's fault Hue went a whole year and none of that shit improved. Sorry shit pimples, Hue is not going to magically change that around.

Okay Beaver Breath. Exhale and read. TN went from earning the right to draft 1st overall in 2016, which they traded back in order to draft one of those dime a dozen Offensive Linemen by the name of Jack Conklin. Conklin made 1st Team All Pro as TN improved to 9 wins behind a strong running game and much improved passing game. Not to get lost in all of that was the change from Ray Horton to Dick LeBeau at DC to make better rested legs on defense far more productive.

I suppose we can keep pretending Ray Horton and Jimmy O'Neil are just terrific DCs that only seem to interest teams like TN, SF or Cleveland (destined to compete for the right to draft first overall). Like Horton, O'Neil's next gig would only be 1 year. Sure both guys could have used more talent; but they could have also used more sound schemes to put more guys in better position to make tackles.

Where you have a point is Hue could have made a better attempt to understand recent history here and avoid hiring Horton back here altogether. I didn't see the zone blitz scheme pressuring opponents passers until week 15 vrs SD and the final week vrs Pitt's backup QB (with only a couple starts to his name). Way too little way too late. Until then, his zone coverage transitions left a lot of ghost towns for opponent's to bullseye in their game plans week after week.

And Ghoolie goes brain dead...

The stupid motherfucker doesn't even see a DC upgrade as a positive when it's in his face.

Doesn't know the say an HC has in his staff.

See ya in a couple months... if you're still here... until then Imma firing up the ignore machine exclusively for you... again.

I said for weeks and weeks that while defensive talent was minimal, the schemes Horton ran and has run in his career are just bad and don't work. I'm not mad at this move in the slightest.

I actually liked the job Ray did this go'round better... At least he went with more 4-man fronts this time and seemed to try to adjust to "the talent" he had to work with...

But, yes, he just isn't good enough.

#Hoping4Bum'sSon

I think the firing of Ray Horton has signaled that Hue now has less input with the team to be honest. RG3 and Ray Horton are arguably his biggest blunders this season and just a few weeks ago he said he would not release any member of his staff. RG3 at least can be explained away as a longshot. but too over commit to him so early and with so much time better spent on training our young players is incompetence. I hope this has humbled Jackson and will recommit him to the team rather than to some sort of odd "QB Whisperer" "Offensive Genius". Horton was hired because of his skin color combined. Jackson is on record saying that he personally would like to give minority coaches more chances and first crack at posistions on his coaching staff.... That being said NONE of the coaches suggested for the browns DC posistion are minorities. Implying that Jackson had little to no input in this coaching change. Further the coaches linked all have previous HC experience. Meaning the Front Office is setting it up so that if we perform poorly in the beginning of next season a replacement HC is in order.

Archived