THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Trubisky is their target with #12, I hope that Sashi and his boys did a good job with their talent evaluation. And their evaluation showed that Trubisky can become a top-10 QB. And Hue & crew can turn him into said QB. Otherwise it's a waste to pick him.

It's impressive to see so many professional NFL scouts here on the board. "...the best prospect to come out since Andrew Luck..." LOL

That one got me too.....best chuckle of the week.... :)

Andrew Luck was rated off the charts.

NFL.com had him rated as such before the combine. NFL Scouts had him rated as the best prospect since Andrew Luck.

Going by those numerical ratings, he's identical to Jamies Winston. Better than Mariotta, Goff, or Wentz.

Andrew Luck was rated off the charts.

Going by those numerical ratings, he's identical to Jamies Winston. Better than Mariotta, Goff, or Wentz.

FWIW, PFF as of yesterday have Trubisky going #2 to the niners.

I was hoping he would be there at #12 but I don't think that is likely.

Gipper only sees in various shades of Ohio

Not true Woody. Gip and me both see franchise material in Mitch. That he's from Ohio is a bonus, but it's really not coloring my judgement. Detested the Brady Quinn pick, and I have zero interest in Toledo guy Deshone Kizer.

Right now my biggest Maalox Moment is thinking about the Browns possibly trading the ranch for Jimmy Garropolo. I almost barfed when they drafted Manziel, and Jimmy just might push my stomach over the edge.

BTW, if we go all D in the first round, it won't upset me much.

Not true Woody. Gip and me both see franchise material in Mitch. That he's from Ohio is a bonus, but it's really not coloring my judgement. Detested the Brady Quinn pick, and I have zero interest in Toledo guy Deshone Kizer.

Right now my biggest Maalox Moment is thinking about the Browns possibly trading the ranch for Jimmy Garropolo. I almost barfed when they drafted Manziel, and Jimmy just might push my stomach over the edge.

This idea that Cleveland needs to give up #12, #33, #52 in this draft plus something up high the next draft was only1 guy's opinion. BB only has so many openings he has to fill this year so I'm sure he'd welcome his favorite round (#2) over 3 consecutive drafts. What's to say he can't draft another Jimmy Garoppolo equivalent in round 2 anyway? If worse comes to worse, why can't we for that matter. The year Jimmy G was drafted in the same 2nd round as Derek Carr - who wants to tell me with a straight face that round 1 with Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater was clearly better?

Toledo is barely Ohio.

My statement on Gip comes from more than just his thoughts on Trubisky. I'm talking about conversations from the college thread

You just threatened 1 week ago if we drafted Garrett 1st and Mitch L was a great QB - you would go off in here. Do you want me to pretend this talking out both sides of your mouth is brand new? You were the first member of Camp Couch to disown him for Kelly Holcomb. Did you or did you not argue with Mark O in the Tavern on game day about how much you felt Johnny Manziel was the answer to our situation in 2015? Really Larry?

Excuse me for remembering your inventory of all your Coyote Ugly QBs you pretended to disown in public.

Trubisky is the guy I really want on this football team. Has little to do with him being from Ohio. A lot of us were really serious

about Goff and Wentz last year. Neither one was from Ohio, so that's just woody crap.

I still wish we had gotten Wentz. And Wentz's and Goff's struggles this year show how it's a huge jump to the NFL

unless you came from a rare? college pro-style offense. I admit I wasn't interested in Goff, but Wentz played well

at times his first year, and started his rookie season - came from a pro-style offense. I hate to dwell

on the past... but having Wentz would be great right now, were he with the Browns....qb's for the NFL

are really tough to find. It's refreshing that I heard from Hue a few weeks ago, that they were looking for a

qb that processes....etc. That is the key.

Speaking of that -

from last year:

http://www.scout.com/story/1673408-2017-quarterback-draft-class-a-mixed-bag

and:

http://draftblaster.com/spread-college-quarterback-issue/

This idea that Cleveland needs to give up #12, #33, #52 in this draft plus something up high the next draft was only1 guy's opinion...

One effect such ridiculous trade talk had on me tho is it's made the thought of spending a single pick early on a QB more palatable. And if it's going to be a QB early, who better than Trubs?

Not my heart's desire.... but not living in fear of it either.

One effect such ridiculous trade talk had on me tho is it's made the thought of spending a single pick early on a QB more palatable. And if it's going to be a QB early, who better than Trubs?

Exactly......all this talk of the Browns spending multiple high picks on a quarterback is crazy.....(insane)

Why would we burn multiple picks...(which we know this FO covet over just about anything)....when we could use just one to draft the guy of our choice....??????......coulda done it last year too.....

So, we go 2 drafts in a row.....owning pick #1 and pick #2 and dont take a QB.....yet we are gonna give up 2 #1" and multiple #2's to grab one???

I wanna smoke some of that.....

Makes ZERO sense.....

Exactly......all this talk of the Browns spending multiple high picks on a quarterback is crazy.....(insane)

Why would we burn multiple picks...(which we know this FO covet over just about anything)....when we could use just one to draft the guy of our choice....??????......coulda done it last year too.....

So, we go 2 drafts in a row.....owning pick #1 and pick #2 and dont take a QB.....yet we are gonna give up 2 #1" and multiple #2's to grab one???

I wanna smoke some of that.....

Makes ZERO sense.....

You & tour have put it well.

We've got the #1 pick in the draft. If we wanted a QB THAT bad, we could just draft one....and STILL have the #12 pick to draft someone who can tackle people.

You just threatened 1 week ago if we drafted Garrett 1st and Mitch L was a great QB - you would go off in here. Do you want me to pretend this talking out both sides of your mouth is brand new? You were the first member of Camp Couch to disown him for Kelly Holcomb. Did you or did you not argue with Mark O in the Tavern on game day about how much you felt Johnny Manziel was the answer to our situation in 2015? Really Larry?

Excuse me for remembering your inventory of all your Coyote Ugly QBs you pretended to disown in public.

I'm allowed to change my mind Tom. :) I wouldn't be upset if we took Trubs #1 overall either. The Draft can't get here fast enough.

Tour, if it's inevitable we're going to draft a QB in round 1 - I'd rather have us pick Trubisky. He's the only guy our fan base would give a chance if the threads are any indication. I've never had him that much ahead of Watson as far back as my post stating I would keep an open mind if we drafted Watson in round 2. I join you, Mud and countless others hoping we don't go QB in round 1 but I wouldn't picket the choice of Trubisky either.

Camp Trubisky hasn't always been easy to talk with about the legit concerns people have for him in early round 1 so you can imagine the Colt McCoyesque welcome they'd treat Watson to with Hatfield etiquette if we ever got him a little bit later - especially when the weak arm bullets are already flying.

Pre-draft is always poker season and it's very rare that anyone announces their draft strategy for all to read way ahead of time. That said, I read that Hue wants a QB in this draft that he made it a point to say probably won't still be available at #12 meaning there still might be some parting with draft picks that aren't going to get a 2 thumbs up from people in here. Okay, so it was important for him to put that out there whether it's true or not so I'll play for the sake of conversation here:

• What team did we trade with last year that also has 2 first round picks this year with 1 as high as #5 and the next at #18? The Tennessee Titans we have developed a comfort trading with via their General Manager John Robinson (who used to work for the NE Patriots back in 2015). I'm hearing they'd love a WR in round 1 but not as high as #5. I've also heard their beat writer say on the sports radio show that Robinson seems more impressed with the 6-3 218 lb Corey Davis than he is with the 6-3 212 lb Mike Williams especially in terms of route precision,reliable hands and consistency. Keep in mind, last year he was more impressed with a Right Tackle Jack Conklin (who made 1st Team All Pro as a rookie) than other OTs hyped up higher.
  • This has to cost us more than a swap of pick #12 for #5, so would Josh Gordon not only give them a #1 WR with experience but make them realize they could use the #12 on something else? It isn't like he ever suits up for us so you can't really miss what you never have right?
  • SF at #2 and Chicago at #3 also need to draft a QB so the top 2 rated QBs could already be off the board before we get to #5 so if we do that swap with TN - is it conceivable we're drafting Trubisky at #1 and going for the best Safety at #5 or the second highest rated edge rusher there?
  • It seems like far less trading than the Jimmy Garoppolo scenario.

Stay tuned...

Is there a single person that would be upset with Garrett 1 and Trubisky at 12?

Here's my answer to that....cause, in a way, I would.....please understand the premise....

If he's "the one" and you think he's your next franchise QB.....then you take him first......if he's not "the one" and just a project/hope/the best we got kinda guy, then lets not burn a first.....on a project....we have too many needs. If we were just a QB away, then Id say do it.....but we're much further....

and we've done it thrice recently...

picked Thomas....then burned a first for Quinn....( a guy we chose a tackle over))

picked Richardson, ....then burned a first for Weeden...(a guy we chose a RB over)

picked Gilbert......then burned a first for JFF....(a uy we chose a CB over)

So...this year....lets not repeat history and burn our second first on a QB we dont have enough faith in to burn the first one on...

Id refer they love him enough to go all in......or pick a blue chip player and get your QB hope in a later round...

If we pass on Garrett I'll be very annoyed

...and there is that.

What if....the Geek Squad was very high on Trubisky? And after selecting Garrett #1 overall they wanted to do what needed to be done to be in position to take him.

Aside from trading up with the Bears or 9'ers, where would you need to be drafting in order to get him?

The Jets draft 6th.

Would you trade with Tennessee at #5?

Draft value chart says, our Rd one #12 and Rd two #33. (or #12, #52 & #108)

....obviously, Mudfly would not make any trade. :)

Here's my answer to that....cause, in a way, I would.....please understand the premise....

If he's "the one" and you think he's your next franchise QB.....then you take him first......if he's not "the one" and just a project/hope/the best we got kinda guy, then lets not burn a first.....on a project....we have too many needs. If we were just a QB away, then Id say do it.....but we're much further....

and we've done it thrice recently...

picked Thomas....then burned a first for Quinn....( a guy we chose a tackle over))

picked Richardson, ....then burned a first for Weeden...(a guy we chose a RB over)

picked Gilbert......then burned a first for JFF....(a uy we chose a CB over)

So...this year....lets not repeat history and burn our second first on a QB we dont have enough faith in to burn the first one on...

Id refer they love him enough to go all in......or pick a blue chip player and get your QB hope in a later round...

Ok. What if they had to trade up to 9 to get him? And the draft unfolded in such a way that they knew they didn't have to take him #1?

Shit, I say we trade out of 12 for the 22nd pick plus a few more high picks, and then just take our franchise QB there........ what could go wrong?

Archived