THE BROWNS BOARD

OK, just announce we're taking Garrett....

Clevfan4life

Maybe I am having a brain fart, maybe it is all too telling ... but as i sit here, I literally don't know who that is.

Say it ain't so, Zo... would a first name have helped?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Benard

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately he has a good chance of being taken by the Browns so he can come to the Browns Board to study fossilized dinosaurs. ;)

There are many fossils to be found in the Ohio shale near Cleveland. :)

From NFL.com who also says Leonard Fournette is comparable to Bo Fucking Jackson.

Like hell. Fournette is a turtle compared to Jackson. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/is_bo_jackson_the_true_record-.html

It was some grading system. Not sure whose. I think Tour posted it. It has been on here. If you read the board you would not have missed it.

how can you be a lawyer yet always miss the point? Good lord man...

So that's great...One grading system...One, as in not plural, multiple. Kno what a single data point is good for?

Here's another data point. Jeremiah/Brooks rated trub 9th best prospect to come out since 2012...Luck was #1...Guess where johnny was? Yup...Above your lover boy.

I read board... Apparently you don't.

how can you be a lawyer yet always miss the point? Good lord man...

So that's great...One grading system...One, as in not plural, multiple. Kno what a single data point is good for?

I didn't miss any fucking point. I just don't have the site for you. It was on this fucking board. I saw it...it was referred to any number of times....so it wasn't me that missed the point..it was YOU. Read the fucking board.

And as for my profession....I did read and see this stuff. So, perhaps since you are a rent boy as your line of work that explains why you miss so much. You always have your head in someone's lap.

Here's another data point. Jeremiah/Brooks rated trub 9th best prospect to come out since 2012...Luck was #1...Guess where johnny was? Yup...Above your lover boy.

Everyone has an opinion.

I read board... Apparently you don't.

Apparently NOT..since you missed multiple references to that grading system referred to on here multiple times.

Luck has definitely regressed under the weight of the David Carr Syndrome... or Tim Couch Syndrome, if you prefer.

Weak D, with weak OL and little run game will take its toll.

Luck has definitely regressed under the weight of the David Carr Syndrome... or Tim Couch Syndrome, if you prefer.

Weak D, with weak OL and little run game will take its toll.

Yep. Our OL will make some difference....assuming it plays up to expectations. But we also need that QB that can make quick decisions and that has a quick release.

BO did not seem to be that guy in his stint in Houston...did he? And Kessler does not seem to really be that guy either....unless he improves greatly after his rookie season.

Yep. Our OL will make some difference....assuming it plays up to expectations. But we also need that QB that can make quick decisions and that has a quick release.

BO did not seem to be that guy in his stint in Houston...did he? And Kessler does not seem to really be that guy either....unless he improves greatly after his rookie season.

No, he has not been that kind of guy. He shows flashes at times, but so far he has looked like a mid to upper level backup. If you go with Brock and your ground game really steps up, and your line plays up to its potential, then I think he might be able to succeed. He is definitely not a guy you can lean on. I think there have been more qbs in the past like that than you would think though. There have been several good qbs change teams in the past and not live up to expectations. Some of that is because the teams have a more solid foundation than people give them credit for. They go to a team without that foundation and it shows. I think BO is similar, just without the luxury of ever being with a team with that solid foundation.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-ron-rivera-im-not-gonna-lie-cam-newton-was-shook-last-season/

"On Wednesday from the league meetings in Arizona, Panthers coach Ron Rivera expounded on what Newton endured last season.

“He’s gonna have to rebuild his confidence. I mean, he was shook. Let’s be honest. I’m not going to lie about that,” Rivera said, via NFL.com. “The young man went through a tough time and we went through a tough time. Why? Because of the injuries that we suffered on the offensive line. That was probably was the biggest thing. It just kind of shows you the more of the importance of being able to protect your quarterback.”

Well Duh!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-ron-rivera-im-not-gonna-lie-cam-newton-was-shook-last-season/

"On Wednesday from the league meetings in Arizona, Panthers coach Ron Rivera expounded on what Newton endured last season.

“He’s gonna have to rebuild his confidence. I mean, he was shook. Let’s be honest. I’m not going to lie about that,” Rivera said, via NFL.com. “The young man went through a tough time and we went through a tough time. Why? Because of the injuries that we suffered on the offensive line. That was probably was the biggest thing. It just kind of shows you the more of the importance of being able to protect your quarterback.”

Well Duh!!

No....that can't be possible. Ron Rivera clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Offensive lineman are all fatasses with no talent and they're a dime a dozen. Doesn't matter who they are, they are all interchangeable.

The fact that Garrett competed today at his pro-day, when he easily could've Jadeveon Clowney'd it, makes me feel much better about his motor. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but today got me closer.

Garrett is this years Clowney.

If you want him get him question is who wants the #1 this year? We can still trade down a couple of spots and get a blue chipper.

We suck at the trade down, lets just take the best guy for once.

The fact that Garrett competed today at his pro-day, when he easily could've Jadeveon Clowney'd it, makes me feel much better about his motor. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but today got me closer.

We need so many good football players at any position,need really does not matter. Garrett has been the biggest name in college football past 2 years. Not many can fault us for taking Garrett #1..but watch what happens when & if Garrett fails. "THE BROWNS did not do their homework on this guy". Garrett to me is the safest pick at #1. followed by your Cali guy Solomon Thomas than Jamal Adams..28 days to go..No Wheel-lies

We need so many good football players at any position,need really does not matter. Garrett has been the biggest name in college football past 2 years. Not many can fault us for taking Garrett #1..but watch what happens when & if Garrett fails. "THE BROWNS did not do their homework on this guy". Garrett to me is the safest pick at #1. followed by your Cali guy Solomon Thomas than Jamal Adams..28 days to go..No Wheel-lies

The Browns are really high on Hooker as well. They made from 12 up to around 6-8 range and give up a second as well.

The Browns are really high on Hooker as well. They made from 12 up to around 6-8 range and give up a second as well.

It's seems that this years draft has solid finds thru maybe 2.5 rounds. I like the fact that comp. picks (4th) our now trade-able. But this FO has also build ammo into 2018 draft that they may very well use in small slide ups for a more talented player like in Hooker at a need..Draft Capital is a nice thing to have. just depends how they use it..you can end up with 26 football players such as Scooby in 2 drafts vs 10 true football starters as in Hooker..Build thru the Draft was their statement..It's Showtime!!

Uh, maybe. And maybe 2016 rinse, repeat. What is the end game plan?

So Far..The Good-spend millions on a much needed OL fix..we shall see..The Bad--far to much dough on Britt (maybe)..The Ugly-ArssWelder,really? 16M cause we had to spend the money to avoid cap rules..that 2nd better be a good pick cause that 8th rounder is not happening..Am off to my non millions year round job :P Somehow my cap money has to pay my mortgage day,,ask my Arss Wifer...

I'm reading more and more how we're super high on Malik Hooker. Although I desperately want Hooker on this team, I'm a tiny bit scared we'd consider him #1 overall. We need a potential elite pass rusher so badly, but have you SEEN our safeties? LOL.

I'm really kind of joking...I don't THINK we'd ever consider a safety who is currently recovering from two surgeries for the freaking #1 overall pick. That being said, I wouldn't rule out the Browns trying to move up from #12 in an attempt to grab Hooker somewhere in the top ten. I read San Fran is extremely high on the guy as well, but picking a safety at #2 is almost unheard of, isn't it?

I'm perfectly ok with trading in the first round, AS LONG AS we don't muck around with the #1. I want Garrett. I want the 6'4, 270 pound terror who runs a 4.62 40 and jumps 41 inches. I haven't done this in a LONG time, in fact, I can't remember the last one I went out and purchased....but if we draft Myles Garrett...I'm buying the jersey immediately.

It's seems that this years draft has solid finds thru maybe 2.5 rounds.

... or even a little more, but fuck "solid". I feel like we did solid last year...

Even if solid was the first time in a long time last year, this year I want "outstanding".

Archived