THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp News

gumby73

It is a very big deal. I doubt that there is a position that uses their hands more frequently than interior DL.

Agreed. All DL need to use their hands frequently in the trenches. I tried to tell that to a lot of the people that were in a hurry to type Nassib sucks when the broken hand had a lot to do with his big drop off after week 1. He tried playing through the injury resorting to rip and swim moves almost exclusively; but it was like watching a bird trying to fly with a broken wing. If those are his only moves (especially when defending the run) against OTs outweighing him - he's gonna get rag-dolled.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hue today elevated Myles to first team, said he couldn't put it off any longer.

....for a moment anyway.

Lets talk about what is plaguing this Camp.#1.DROPS-started with Njoku.(1 nice catch from Hogan today) has never stopped with WR's thru camp. Now it was DeValves turn today. #2. Red Zone drill INTERCEPTIONS- 2 more today on Kessler & Brock. On Brock's, How many times does a pass have to hit off our WR's one hand to only be deflected to today Boddie-Calhoun? imo, We have a major concern on our hands after Britt,Coleman than a non-proven Randall Hall..has anybody heard Al Saunders address WR's at the podium lately? (not like we were ever fooled at this position ;))

When Gordon gets reinstated we'll have him and Coleman and Britt as legitimate weapons and we're still bringing along Louis, Higgins and Payton. We will be fine at WR. The sky is not falling guys.

When Gordon gets reinstated we'll have him and Coleman and Britt as legitimate weapons and we're still bringing along Louis, Higgins and Payton. We will be fine at WR. The sky is not falling guys.

Will Gordon get a couple of token games this year? :ph34r:

Gumby - Defenses always come along faster than offenses at the start of each season. I'll worry about that if it persists past the preseason games.

imo, We have a major concern on our hands after Britt,Coleman than a non-proven Randall Hall..has anybody heard Al Saunders address WR's at the podium lately? (not like we were ever fooled at this position ;))

Yeah, many of us have been concerned about the WR position since Ray Farmer took over and indicated that he didn't value the position that much.

Our new guys have drafted a ton of receivers showing a better understanding of today's NFL game...but the position remains a weak area (at this point in time).

and when Santa Claus is signed, he, Gordon, Coleman, Britt and Jerry Rice will make a formidable quintet

Well, the odds of Gordon getting reinstated are slightly better than you getting hit by a meteor. Even if he gets reinstated- a big IF. AND the Browns will put him on the active roster- an even bigger IF. He's going to be so far behind the rest of the WR, he'll be darn near useless, short of running fly patterns to distract the defense.

and when Santa Claus is signed, he, Gordon, Coleman, Britt and Jerry Rice will make a formidable quintet

Or when Bruce Smith unretires & suits up to play for the Browns- just think of that front four. I only bring that up because we finally got a 30 second blurb on NFLN. Bruce is in Berea tutoring his star pupil Myles. :)

lots of good reads here, thnxs for posting ag

Gumby - Defenses always come along faster than offenses at the start of each season. I'll worry about that if it persists past the preseason games.

Who is this Gordon fella you speak of ;). Seems that we may not see the just simple it down version from Hue on his sense-less shifting. Seems like Williams does make his guys show him his system expectations at both of Williams given defensive positions. Des sounds like the O'Neil sub-packages are back? Peppers 2nd position FS? sounds like the roaming WildDawg position to me? Even Collins wanted a shot at FS. Williams for 16 game weeks with this media..popcorn anyone?

Well, WR is one of the biggest issues on this team.

AGain, I go back to the equity issue which still burns my fucking all: Leveon Bell misses 3 games for as many dope violations as Gordon.,...he gets 3 games, Gordon gets 3 years. And now Bell is holding out for more money?

What position has Bryant been taking? I thought he'd be better at Ogbah's position - force the young guy to get better to beat him.

Start for a few games then be passed, and finish the season as the first DL sub

http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/03/desmond-bryant-healthy-earns-1st-team-reps-at-dt/

Just saw an article on him earlier today getting some first team reps at DT alongside Shelton.

What position has Bryant been taking? I thought he'd be better at Ogbah's position - force the young guy to get better to beat him.

Start for a few games then be passed, and finish the season as the first DL sub

3tech. Ogbah isn't Dez' competition though, Ogunjobi is.

Hue today elevated Myles to first team, said he couldn't put it off any longer.

No secret here. It's like a pretend hurdle. As if this kid has to even practice to be a starter. He is young, huge, fit and fast. He will cause problems for opposing offenses. I hope the kid stays healthy and motivated. I hope JT gets to go to a few playoff games. He certainly has taken his share of shit with this shit franchise.

Not sure if your B-a-l-o-n-e-y has a first name? ;) but CockyBra'Weiner has been designated to 2nd team reps most of camp. Stated he wanted to be the starter, once b4 camp. Than has put his head down & has not bitched once since. But Bra'Weiner has done a pretty fair job with the table scraps not seeing many 1 reps.(Payton,Hall even Higgins).This camp still has such a long way to go.

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

read this again real slow(Oscar Meyer)..actually I'll give Tony Grossi credit..if he wins games in Cleveland 16M won't matter to Cleveland..I Agree..

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/8/5/16102602/cleveland-browns-saturday-roster-moves leaves us to wonder if Njoku back is a issue? We also may have lost some time with WR Jordan Leslie to a concussion today? (just when we thought we had a sleeper at WR :()

I see that they picked up another receiver.

Seems like they were forced to here gip. Mario Alford has done nothing at WR in camp & his catching a punt even got worse. His true only chance was taking a WR spot now with Peppers in house.Jordan Leslie got concrushed (concussion) by either Kessler laying him out on a in route into Dominique Alexander or Dom has a problem with non contact practices over his middle. WR James Wright from Natty got a bruised lung(gotta hurt), 4-6 weeks at least. Cam "no Dr J" Erving had a bruised lung but survived a roster spot..damn shame..WR, were at least down 2 & gained 1..watch Tennessee, their loaded at WR, can't see they can keep all of them. McCourty should know them well

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/8/7/16109484/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-10-brock-osweiler-lights-it-up Cocky AssOiler tells syd & Ghoolbaster to "Bite Me" with 1's...Kizer got the wake-up call from Hue with a good day also....Kessler=Come on Man! get your eyes off the middle of the field..

LOL. Osweiler and Kizer make big things very possible with their arms that Kessler and Hogan can't.

Love that.

Nice to read Leslie is okay:

"6. Kizer Makes Some Plays: It wasn’t quite the day that QB Brock Osweiler had, but QB DeShone Kizer took a page out of his book with some downfield work as well. Mac Robinson of The Browns Wire complimented Kizer for a 30-yard throw to WR Rannell Hall during individual drills. Later in practice, he found WR Jordan Leslie (back from his concussion scare on Saturday):"

Peppers surely is going to be a star, and Garrett is going to raves and worry from other offenses all around the NFL.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/8/7/16109484/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-10-brock-osweiler-lights-it-up Cocky AssOiler tells syd & Ghoolbaster to "Bite Me" with 1's...Kizer got the wake-up call from Hue with a good day also....Kessler=Come on Man! get your eyes off the middle of the field..

Good reading stuff right thar Gumby. A few things...

1) Always like hearing about good chemistry forming between a QB and wideout, so good to hear Os and Coleman getting cozy like that.

2) The article mentioned Os going against the scout team defense though, and l thought the point was to get him going with and against the ones. What's up with that? Just trying to boost his confidence while Kess gets beat up more going against the defense 1s?

3) Real curious to see how they use Duke this year. I know he already is the swiss army knife of the offense, but with a second year in this system l hope for some more razzle dazzle from him.

4) Also glad to see Leslie back. I know you were pimping him earlier and he seems to be having a good camp. we need some wideouts to step up this year. Laws yes.

Nice to read Leslie is okay:

I agree cal. I was really impressed with how often he got open before he took that hit. I think we found ourselves a WR better that many of the others on the roster.

Good reading stuff right thar Gumby. A few things...

1) Always like hearing about good chemistry forming between a QB and wideout, so good to hear Os and Coleman getting cozy like that.

2) The article mentioned Os going against the scout team defense though, and l thought the point was to get him going with and against the ones. What's up with that? Just trying to boost his confidence while Kess gets beat up more going against the defense 1s?

3) Real curious to see how they use Duke this year. I know he already is the swiss army knife of the offense, but with a second year in this system l hope for some more razzle dazzle from him.

4) Also glad to see Leslie back. I know you were pimping him earlier and he seems to be having a good camp. we need some wideouts to step up this year. Laws yes.

#2. Not sure we have gotten anywhere near a scout team yet IBB? Or the writer does not understand it's not a good word of choice? This is a squad that pretends to be your next opponent running their game plans & schemes.(maybe happened later in practice).Gregg Williams may have a idea but read the beginning of post where Zac Jackson at start of practice 11 on 11 1's vs 1's. #3. Duke Johnson Will cost someone a slot WR position..Book iT..(we need all the help we can get & Dayes also has amazing hands) #4.Somehow Jordan Leslie & Randall Hall will Make this team..Watched them both in college, they both have smallish hands but both know how to Attack the football & both know how to use their bodies to shade off defenders..Maybe not Mike Evans frame but they both got something not coach-able.. a motor to the ball-instincts

Yeah... game planning for the preseason opener is more than a little unusual, but maybe Hue is adding to his verbal over-emphasis of this week's game by doing so.

However, even in regular practices 1's usually don't face 1's.

Archived