THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorial Green Beckham! ~~~~~Waiver Wire~~~~~

PoeticG

Wide WR on the Waiver Wire!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pick up Dorial Green-Beckham?

• Yes
    • No

Bingo... You cannot go under catching 50% of your targets without a healthy dose of of not knowing where to be.

Shhhh....you're entering muddy territory.....Corey Coleman = 42% (ho - ren - dis)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What other receiver on the Browns is better?

Yes... literally all of them. You of course realize it takes more than size and speed to play WR, right? That physical stature alone does not make one a good WR?

It takes drive, dedication, and passion as well...something we saw Justin Gilbert lack, as well a dgb. Those two liked what football did for them.

Yes... literally all of them. You of course realize it takes more than size and speed to play WR, right? That physical stature alone does not make one a good WR?

It takes drive, dedication, and passion as well...something we saw Justin Gilbert lack, as well a dgb. Those two liked what football did for them.

But....what I'm saying is at least bring him in. We don't know Doiral it's all he said she said...nothing profound or concrete much less evidential.

But....what I'm saying is at least bring him in. We don't know Doiral it's all he said she said...nothing profound or concrete much less evidential.

You could do that with dozens of players I guess. Maybe it just comes down to not seeing enough in someone to invest the time in them, which can be almost as bad as investing money in them if it falls through.

You could do that with dozens of players I guess. Maybe it just comes down to not seeing enough in someone to invest the time in them, which can be almost as bad as investing money in them if it falls through.

This is the slowest time of the year. Lots of FAs left yet to sign anywhere while the execs get drunk and watch fireworks.

If his production warranted it, maybe. But it doesn't.

All it seems you are basing this on is his stature and speed. He had what...600 yards last year?

Kids lazy, and doesn't like football. That's fairly well documented whether you believe it or not.

Lots of FAs left yet to sign anywhere while the execs get drunk and watch fireworks.

We watch paint dry till the 17th if your interested in Cousins or Bell signing franchise tag? Getting Peppers signed b4 camp? Right before camp(27th) the league allows medical physicals which than allows a few to be placed on Pup & IR list (Greco & Wilson)..Than you may see some street camp pick-ups begin..Till than were stuck in a desert watching Hot dog eating contest & Home Run Derby

So no one put in a waiver request for him......

That's a good thing.

Let us know when you've got your mind right. We need someone who can imitate a #1 WR.

DGB was beat out by a UDFA at Philly.

DGB had zero effort for the last 2 years. I don't believe he'll change at all, because that's exactly who he was in college also.

The question isn't "how bad are Cleveland's current receivers" - rather, the burden is on each person who defends DGB to explain why they're defending a lazy unmotivated slob.. essentially the offense version of Gilbert.

We need someone who can imitate a #1 WR.

DGB is not that guy. DGB can't imitate a guy holding a roster spot, let alone a #1.

Ladies & gentlemen - boys & girls, has anyone signed Forrest Gump yet? Can we at least look for an inventory of brain cells that has reached the plural?

This conversation is so depressing you guys got me thinking I can't wait until Josh Gordon comes back.

Shhhh....you're entering muddy territory.....Corey Coleman = 42% (ho - ren - dis)

lol... touche'... but at least Corey has the excuse of missing a lot of reps his rookie season. In our last three 2016 games he was safely above 50%... pushing 60%.

We need wife outs. Plain and simple .

Agree... plenty of them coming soon on Sundays... :)

Gotta love a well-placed typo...

lol... touche'... but at least Corey has the excuse of missing a lot of reps his rookie season.

That would be problem #2...(or #1 in some books).....him missing a lot of reps......which is all he's done so far this year too.....(ala last year).....

In our last three 2016 games he was safely above 50%... pushing 60%.

3 games....less than 30 yds per.....no TD's....just not impressed by that stat Tour......(a positive leaning nugget, perhaps, but thats it)

One week before starting his amazing 3 game catch frenzy ;).....he was 3 for 11.....then 3 for 5....I call that inconsistent.

Sorry to be so hard on this guy, but I just aint feeling it.....

So no one put in a waiver request for him......

That's a good thing.

Let us know when you've got your mind right. We need someone who can imitate a #1 WR.

Apparently, no one else in the NFL is interested... So we should be? DGB can't imitate a street FA. This happens every year- someone on the board says just because this guy is "out there" we should bring him in for a look. If the guy was worth anything- the Titans wouldn't have unloaded Beckham after one season spending a second round pick on him. Then the Eagles thought more of a training camp arm qb. Sheeze people, get a clue.

Apparently, no one else in the NFL is interested... So we should be?

I would like to have a tall receiver or two. So, yes, I would want to check him out.

I think, on the WR front, despite the appearance of little quality, that we have to give all these young guys a chance to prove whether or not they are worth a shit or not We have what? 4 guys entering their second year. Certainly they have not shown anything much....but, with a FUBAR situation at QB that may not be surprising. So, if these guys prove definitively that they suck, then the Browns have numerous high picks next year, plus FA possibilities.

Hopefully 1 or 2 of these guys will break through and show some talent. If not. The draft, and there are a few good ones that will be FAs after this year.

lol... touche'... but at least Corey has the excuse of missing a lot of reps his rookie season.

That would be problem #2...(or #1 in some books).....him missing a lot of reps......which is all he's done so far this year too.....(ala last year).....

In our last three 2016 games he was safely above 50%... pushing 60%.

3 games....less than 30 yds per.....no TD's....just not impressed by that stat Tour......(a positive leaning nugget, perhaps, but thats it)

One week before starting his amazing 3 game catch frenzy ;).....he was 3 for 11.....then 3 for 5....I call that inconsistent.

Sorry to be so hard on this guy, but I just aint feeling it.....

#glasshalffull ;)

You don't just forget how to play football. Sometimes it's the Scheme, some times it's the coach, sometimes it's the team and sometimes it's you.

A wake up call that nobody has picked him up and maybe a light goes on?

But it really is ridiculous that there are so many people on the internet that think that all of our players need to be choir boys.

Nobody's perfect but can't anybody find him...

The big difference here is we won't be asking him to play a small role or try to earn a backup spot. You turn the pressure all the way up and see if he cracks. Tell him he's going to be the #1 and we need him dedicated and zeroed in like a missile this year.

DGB might bear that and do well with it. You have to challenge these men. What happens when you are bored in class? You fuck around or fall asleep. Get his attention and you'll get the next Randy Moss. Put DGB and Gordon opposite each other and you run Coleman and Louis at #3 and #4, throw in a little Britt and Hollywood, you'd be hard pressed to find a more athletic or talented WR group.

You know, I've heard a lot that he runs lazy routes or he doesn't sprint flat out... I also know that Us being Browns Fans, we've seen this style before... ala Josh Gordon. People think he's not running fast until you're up close and personal. Recievers like Moss, Gordon, Megatron, they run differently because they are so tall. I don't think many people have ever seen 6'6" running at 4.4 speed at close contact.

His style is to be elusively fast and use his body size to out position the defensive player. Sometime if a coach is using you like an Andrew Hawkins type of player then you are not going to be happy about it.

ohhhh, just get his attention, I guess the eagles and titans didn't think of that one. DGB is Justin Gilbert all over again: undisciplined player who got used to coasting on athleticism alone.

This tactic works for a while, but once you get to the NFL it takes more than just being a great athlete. Being a hard-working, athletic moron can make for a great pay-day, but being a lazy, athletic moron isn't the key to success.

Get his attention and you'll get the next Randy Moss.

Assumes facts NOT in evidence.. One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

Archived