THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorial Green Beckham! ~~~~~Waiver Wire~~~~~

PoeticG

Wide WR on the Waiver Wire!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pick up Dorial Green-Beckham?

• Yes
    • No

Well, he seemed to be an NFL player in this video, in fact doing well against the likes of the Pats, Vikes, Steelers, GB, Cowboys... even Cleveland.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, he seemed to be an NFL player in this video, in fact doing well against the likes of the Pats, Vikes, Steelers, GB, Cowboys... even Cleveland.

No he didnt.....1) didnt even play the Pats......had 8 yds against the Vikes.....14 yds against the Browns....15 yds against the Cowboys......33 against the stools......and his one and only game over 50 yds was GB......and zero 100 yard games.....(in fact, he's had only 6 - 100 yd games in his entire college AND pro career......and runs 4.5)

Highlight reels mean nothing when you look at the real numbers.....

He has passed waivers today...he now is a free agent.

So.....all 32 teams passed.....

Didnt even have good numbers in college.....never once performed well....has always been underacheiving talent with potential.....

His highlight reel (not game tape) wasn't that great. He isn't a great hands catcher, and let's the ball into his body too consistently. He had maybe 2 impressive plays, the rest of the reel was pretty mundane stuff. I didn't see anything that made me think the Browns should take a swing at a guy who was roundly rejected twice in two years. Someone may bring him in as a camp body, but I'll sleep just fine if it isn't Cleveland.

Assumes facts NOT in evidence..

You sound like a lawyer. Are you a lawyer?

One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

And, I guess then the question in: why are we still talking about him?

I mean, are Ricardo Louis, Payton Jordan (or is it Jordan Payton), Higgins etc. more worthy of discussion than this alleged bum?

So, what about them?

I would like to have a tall receiver or two. So, yes, I would want to check him out.

Yeah, sure. Usain Bolt is 6'5", just retired, and is definitely fast. Why not give him a call? I've said a bunch of times it takes more than that to make a decent NFL wr.

So.....all 32 teams passed.....

... on his contract. Now we'll see if anyone wants the player. I don't, but someone may.

That said, it was only a rookie contract... a 2nd round contract, but still a cheap contract.

Not looking good for Dorial's future.

vikings. played with the dude who married mrs. cosby on the 'family' friendly tv show LOL!!!!!

49ers actually......but Ahmad Rashad was the vikes WR of which u speak.....previously known as Bobby Moore, til he went muslim....

You kids that dont remember Nehemiah.....he was a world record holding, world champion runner and hurdler...olympic gold medalist....and super duper FAST athlete, who was signed and was gonna be the fastest, highest jumping wide receiver everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......except he sucked....

The end

Not many "track stars" have successfully made the leap to the NFL...

Even HoF WR, "Bullet" Bob Hayes struggled making the transition.

Assumes facts NOT in evidence..

You sound like a lawyer. Are you a lawyer?

One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

And, I guess then the question in: why are we still talking about him?

I mean, are Ricardo Louis, Payton Jordan (or is it Jordan Payton), Higgins etc. more worthy of discussion than this alleged bum?

So, what about them?

Make the case. Show why DGB is more worthy of a roster spot than any specific one of them. "Questions" aren't enough -- if there's just "questions" then we keep who we have.

DGB

Sucks

Your entire case is predicated upon dreams of magically transforming him into a competent NFL player....... but there's zero evidence that he can be transformed. In fact one big reason he was cut [reason #1 link #2] is that he was NOT responding to the transformation attempt from Philly WR coach Mike Groh.

Make the case. Show why DGB is more worthy of a roster spot than any specific one of them. "Questions" aren't enough -- if there's just "questions" then we keep who we have.

DGB

Sucks

Your entire case is predicated upon dreams of magically transforming him into a competent NFL player....... but there's zero evidence that he can be transformed. In fact one big reason he was cut [reason #1 link #2] is that he was NOT responding to the transformation attempt from Philly WR coach Mike Groh.

It's not my case I never said one word about this guy I simply asked about the other wide receiver's that are on this roster and how well you think they will perform if this DGB guy sucks he sucks and we don't need him if he doesn't suck well maybe he's worth a shot one way or the other it's no skin off my balls

Thank you for admitting you did not make a case supporting DGB.

Since there is no defense for him.. there's zero reason to even bring up other players. He first has to be BETTER than the current roster.

To paraphrase Denny Green, he is who we thought he is.. and that's not good enough for an NFL roster. Perhaps he'd enjoy hanging out with JM and Josh Gordon and Justin Gilbert..

if this DGB guy sucks he sucks and we don't need him if he doesn't suck well maybe he's worth a shot

We're allowed to have 90 guys right?

He had to learn an NFL system his rookie year. And his second year he had to learn a new team's NFL system.

Are we sure how he'd respond to having to sign with the worst team in the NFL? As in, "Look how far I've sunk." Perhaps he'd tighten his chin strap a little more and realize that this is his last chance.

Maybe I'm way off base, but with a 90 man roster I don't see why we wouldn't want to check out a 6'6" WR that needs to prove something.

I don't see why we wouldn't want to check out a 6'6" WR that needs to prove something

He needed to prove something last year in philly - and didn't. All assertions claiming he'd wise up and get it right...... can't explain why his last season was also a demonstration of miserable failure. So what's different now?

The reason we wouldn't want to check him out.. is because we already know he's not capable of being an NFL receiver.

He had to learn an NFL system his rookie year. And his second year he had to learn a new team's NFL system.

Are we sure how he'd respond to having to sign with the worst team in the NFL? As in, "Look how far I've sunk." Perhaps he'd tighten his chin strap a little more and realize that this is his last chance.

Maybe I'm way off base, but with a 90 man roster I don't see why we wouldn't want to check out a 6'6" WR that needs to prove something.

If you watched the tape from one of those links- he already has proven he sucks. At this level, you can either catch the ball- or you can't. DGB sure looks like he can't.

Not many "track stars" have successfully made the leap to the NFL...

Even HoF WR, "Bullet" Bob Hayes struggled making the transition.

Yeah, I remember trading Earnest Byner to Washington for a former track star from Puget Sound named Mike Oliphant. Byner was a Pro Bowl RB for them in 90 and 91 (and was a workhorse on their Superbowl Championship team).

Oliphant gave us 97 yards rushing and caught 3 passes for 22 yards in 89. He didn't play in 90 and appeared in 4 games in 91 with 0 yards rushing and receiving. They changed his jersey # from 33 to 89 in 91 so I'm guessing the WR gig went even worse than the RB journey.

We got the track star who could run 4.3 forties straight ahead and Washington got a Pro Bowl football player.

As good as your idea about last chance with worst franchise sounds Orion - the reasons 2 different NFL teams in need of help at WR already cut him were - he doesn't run good routes or learn the plays or get open or catch the ball or work hard. Do these traits sound like someone willing to play STs as a 5th or 6th WR on the depth chart?

They film every practice so when it comes time to decide who they want getting those final active roster spots - it often comes down to what guys show they want it and what ones reflect what DGB has.

ahh...nit-picking... :)

:lol: I have nothing to do with why he's unemployed again. I'm just telling you why based on things I heard about him from former Titans covering the team on the radio. And these were guys that couldn't wait to see him practice...

He's been cut by 2 different teams that needed WR help

He doesn't run good routes

He doesn't get open

He doesn't learn the plays

He doesn't show good effort

He disappointed 2 different college programs that took a chance on him

So, what do NFL teams look for with guys on the bubble? Is this the type of guy willing to bust tail on Special Teams? More specifically, is he an asset or just the 1st syllable of it?

Archived