THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon

domcucch1994

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

What exactlyin $$$ terms does "he owe" this team? He's only been paid for his active time.

He owes this team for wasted roster space filled by lessor players and potential change in draft priorities when he was counted on as the #1 wr. $$$ no but when that kind of talent that could have helped this team immensely ends up hurting the franchise, then it costs in many ways that cannot be quantified.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon doesn't count to anybody. He's a wildcard. You might get him, you might not. This F.O. for damn sure doesn't count on him, they won't even say his name. They burnt a first rounder on Corey Coleman and drafted 3 more WRs AND they've brought in talent from FA, they could have kept Terrel Pryor, they CHOOSE Kenny Britt. They had a chance to get Dorial Green Beckham... they are not counting on Josh Gordon and probably just want the chance to trade him for a 3rd round pick. For pete's sake they just paid 16 million dollars for a second round pick. 

If they were smart, which I'm starting to think they could be one of those, "too smart for their own good", kinda types, they would do whatever it took to keep Josh happy and mentally heathy. Because, let's face it, they are good at getting the numbers but they have to think about chemistry. Quit looking at numbers and look with at the situation with your 'eyes'...

54 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Gordon doesn't count to anybody. He's a wildcard. You might get him, you might not. This F.O. for damn sure doesn't count on him, they won't even say his name. They burnt a first rounder on Corey Coleman and drafted 3 more WRs AND they've brought in talent from FA, they could have kept Terrel Pryor, they CHOOSE Kenny Britt. They had a chance to get Dorial Green Beckham... they are not counting on Josh Gordon and probably just want the chance to trade him for a 3rd round pick. For pete's sake they just paid 16 million dollars for a second round pick. 

If they were smart, which I'm starting to think they could be one of those, "too smart for their own good", kinda types, they would do whatever it took to keep Josh happy and mentally heathy. Because, let's face it, they are good at getting the numbers but they have to think about chemistry. Quit looking at numbers and look with at the situation with your 'eyes'...

Absolutely.

The Browns should bend over backwards to make sure a player who has done everything to sabotage his own career is happy.

That makes perfect sense. Enabling someone always works.

That remains to be seen...

As for Josh's responsibility "for wasted roster space filled by lessor players, etc.," I did not realize he was our "secret GM".

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Absolutely.

The Browns should bend over backwards to make sure a player who has done everything to sabotage his own career is happy.

That makes perfect sense. Enabling someone always works.

"The sarcasm is strong in this one" - Darth Brownie

There's a middle ground... not counting on, but willing to accept whatever contributions he can make... and that's where I see our FO.

I agree.  I wouldn't EVER "count on" Gordon, but the way our WR's look right now, we'd be idiots not to consider the guy IF he's ever eligible again.  Yeah, we all know it's a giant "if", but c'mon...Gordon could legitimately change the offense, and that's not an overstatement.  What does a guy like Gordon do for our young QB?  Substitute Gordon for Britt this year, and does Gordon make those catches instead of either dropping them or causing a dang INT?  

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Substitute Gordon for Britt this year, and does Gordon make those catches instead of either dropping them or causing a dang INT?  

It's been so long that we can't be sure.......but I'd be willing to bet (a small sum) that he couldn't be any worse than Britt.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

It's been so long that we can't be sure.......but I'd be willing to bet (a small sum) that he couldn't be any worse than Britt.

Half this board couldn't be any worse than Britt.

Josh Gordon 50+ years from now, on his death bed, would be superior.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:53 PM, PoeticG said:

And switch out Kizer for Hogan and we'll have ourselves a CONTENDER!

Hogan got beat out, Kizer stinks, Hogan stinks. THe Browns stink.

Hogan did not get beat out. 

It's more like watching a High School football team with the better QB sitting on the bench while the coach's kid stinks it up. 

Hue is digging his own grave, game by game. When he finally says uncle and Hogan steps in and we start winning, Hue's not going to be able to say, "I had no idea Hogan could play that well". He is pretty much dead in the water either way... Unless, after Kizer blows this next game Hue finally admits that it's time to win. 

I just cannot see what Hue is seeing. I mean what does the guy have against Hogan?

BTW- What is the holdup on Josh Gordon? I don't believe the "report" that says that he hasn't reapplied. Who would have given that information anyway?

59 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan did not get beat out. 

It's more like watching a High School football team with the better QB sitting on the bench while the coach's kid stinks it up.

Kevin Hogan is the real-life Uncle Rico?

While Hogan has looked decent, he has not faced any teams #1's while he's been in. With the Sheet show supporting cast, he would probably fare no better than kizer.

Uhm, TD that's not true. Hogan put up the only 10 points that we scored on the Ravens.

Actually Hogan scored ALL of the points that we got in both game 2 and game 4.

So Josh Gordon's released a mini-documentary (on LeBron's Uninterrupted channel) about his substance abuse which coincides with his application for reinstatement. Sucks up to Goodell for a quick decision ( my words not his). Word on the street is that even if he's reinstated he'll still face a 4 game suspension.

https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/3VceYXfI/j-g

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

So Josh Gordon's released a mini-documentary (on LeBron's Uninterrupted channel) about his substance abuse which coincides with his application for reinstatement. Sucks up to Goodell for a quick decision ( my words not his). Word on the street is that even if he's reinstated he'll still face a 4 game suspension.

https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/3VceYXfI/j-g

Which is dumb.. Dude should be let back in without a suspension..

I hope Gordon has already gone through the only "hitting bottom" experience that he'll have. Not every addict will have only one.. so at this point it's just a hope. But for many, the moment of hitting bottom is required for them to stop the enabling/thinking it's all OK.

If he continues to choose to stay sober, he might have a few years left in the NFL. If not, good riddance.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright... here's my prediction and teased conspiracy theory on Josh's return...

Drum roll, please.

Prediction: Josh will be reinstated Week 13

The Theory: A Week 13 return means Josh will only be eligible for 5 games and thus not accrue 2017 towards FA.

I'll admit that I am not the most well versed on all the current CBA's rules regrading FA eligibility, but I believe his one-game, Week 17 suspension by the team was overturned on appeal by the NFLPA. The suspension was a fairly transparent effort to keep his rights for an additional year under the same accrual rule mentioned above.

Anyway... I think Roger owes us one (at least) and I think a delay until Week 13 is payback.

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, October 05, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Hempman said:

Kizer causes the INT's by his poor accuracy. Yet, the Browns fans fails to understand that. The awful slant he threw against the Colts is a great example of that. Yeah, lets blame effing Britt.

i agree with you about kizer...he stinks...i'm a notre dame fan and he had his ups and downs...never really thought he was that good..but you look at watson  vs kizer and the big difference is watson has control....the guy looks like he's been in the league 3 or 4 yrs already...he's amazing. I do have to say this about britt...he also sucks...2 of the worse free agents during  this regime were rg3 and britt...and i think coachie coach was the one who got the f.o. to get rg3..thats why i don't like this coach. britt was probably the 2 morons with the analytics who will probably be fired very soon...

3 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I'm gonna say best player on the team.

With that being said he will have a week to learn the Offense, something he has not had a chance to do. He will be overwhelmed from all the studying and probably flare one up to calm his nerves.

7 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

With that being said he will have a week to learn the Offense, something he has not had a chance to do. He will be overwhelmed from all the studying and probably flare one up to calm his nerves.

This team has been overwhelmed since the 4th play of the season, a blocked for a TD the other way. 

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Your dreaming.  Guy hasn't played in years, and is drug soaked.

Didya know the guy who founded AA  was a total boozer too, until he "saw the light"?  Putting Gordon back on the team costs us almost nothing. His pro rated salary for the remaining 8 games is $500k. That's around rookie minimum for an audition. So cool it with the criticism, and get some sense. 

Gordon at 50% is better than any other wr we have on the roster. 

Archived