THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer

LondonBrown

The 21yr old throws up an 85.7 in his very first start - against the Stoolers no less, and some of us just can't see it..... I'm so glad I'm not one of them. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The ONLY thing you say here that has a smidgeon of merit is the fact that the defense did not hit BR hard.....but....it seemed to me that that was somewhat purposeful.   So often they were using just a 3 man rush rather than basically sending a blitz on frequent occasion.

I would like to hear some explanation of that.

(I do wonder though how you think that Kizer is supposed to have matched BR's two Super Bowls after having only played one game.  ....and the fact is, it was a Browns special teams fuckup that won the game for the Steelers.   And Antonio Brown.

I am not the one who made the comparison of Ben to Kizer. Orion posted the comparison. I agree, it was an idiotic comparison to begin with. But once he made it, I responded. I never expected to compare the two. You might want to direct your question to the guy that made the comparison for our discussion.

Look, people can pimp this guy all they want, but he got sacked 7 times. SEVEN. Now, that's not good, no matter how you slice it. All off season long I had to listen to the Hoorta army talk about how bad last year's OL was. So what do you call 7 sacks? Building for the future? What future? Orthapedic joints?

People are projecting bullshit, all on a positive spion. Losing by 3 Sunday means we are on the verge of being better than the Steelers? No, it doesn't mean that. It doesn't mean jack fucking shit. he Steelers played a very conservative game. They took very few risks because they knew they didn't have to. he planned to play soft, easy and calculated knowing that the Browns don't have playmakers. The Steelers beat us last year, last game of the season, by 3 points.

Go back and look at the threads. People posting how THIS was an Omen. Conjecturing that with all the picks we have coming and the maturity of the young guys, we would pound the Steelers opening day. Bullshit, we lost by 3 then, we added all this talent? And we still lost by 3. The Steelers played us much like a big kid plays with a little kid. Let him get close, don't hurt yourself, don't give away your hand, and then squash them at the end.

If people here believe that 7 sacks is not the biggest issue of this team, then they are idiots. If this guy gets hit that many times every game, he isn't going to to last long. You know it, and I know it. The problem remains, the Browns have scarce talent at the most important positions on the field. QB, WR, RB and TE. Seven sacks is a problem. he Ravens could get 10.

21 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I am not the one who made the comparison of Ben to Kizer. Orion posted the comparison. I agree, it was an idiotic comparison to begin with. But once he made it, I responded. I never expected to compare the two. You might want to direct your question to the guy that made the comparison for our discussion.

umm...wasn't me.  

Perhaps you're thinking of boo fagley.

I don't think it's at all fair to Kizer to compare him to Ben.  Ben's been in the league so long everyone thought he was gonna retire.  Kizer's 21 years old and  thrust into the starting job of a 1-15 team.  Based on that, if ya don't think Kizer's performance was pretty good then....I got nothin' for ya.

I mean really, if anyone should be able to tell a decent young QB performance from a bad young QB performance, it should be us.  We've seen a ton of young QB performances.

So sorry.... I guess we simply didn't get the memo that one game makes or breaks an entire NFL career. No QB (or any other position) in NFL history has ever made improvements after their debut. 

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/09/worst-debuts-by-rookie-quarterbacks-in-nfl-history/

Nobody expected them to win, or be instantly better than the Steelers... or even be a playoff contender this season. Kizer showed toughness, arm talent, and a lot of mistakes that will go away with experience and coaching. He seems to study his ass off and practice hard, and he's light years ahead of where anyone projected him to be at this stage.

http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/gamelogs?season=2004

Big Ben was sacked 7 times in his 11th game of his rookie year and had a good line and some hall of fame players on his team, so he statistically turned out ok. 

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Maybe Paxton Lynch will sign with Cleveland in 2018 after the Broncos kick his ass to the road.

First he'll have to sign with Houston for a kazillion dollars...and then we'll trade for him and get a 2nd round pick along with his contract..

Actually, I can't bust balls on Paxton cos I wanted us to draft him towards the end of round one.

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am not the one who made the comparison of Ben to Kizer. Orion posted the comparison.

He only compared statistics in one game they played against each other.....you are the one that took the comparison to an absurd level.

I agree, it was an idiotic comparison to begin with. But once he made it, I responded. I never expected to compare the two. You might want to direct your question to the guy that made the comparison for our discussion.

Again...you took it to an absurd level.

Look, people can pimp this guy all they want, but he got sacked 7 times. SEVEN. Now, that's not good, no matter how you slice it. All off season long I had to listen to the Hoorta army talk about how bad last year's OL was. So what do you call 7 sacks? Building for the future? What future? Orthapedic joints?

And even with those 7 sacks....he still led his offense to more points on that day than BR did...on that day. (remember, it was the punt block that was the difference in the game)

People are projecting bullshit, all on a positive spion. Losing by 3 Sunday means we are on the verge of being better than the Steelers? No, it doesn't mean that. It doesn't mean jack fucking shit. he Steelers played a very conservative game. They took very few risks because they knew they didn't have to. he planned to play soft, easy and calculated knowing that the Browns don't have playmakers. The Steelers beat us last year, last game of the season, by 3 points.

Go back and look at the threads. People posting how THIS was an Omen. Conjecturing that with all the picks we have coming and the maturity of the young guys, we would pound the Steelers opening day. Bullshit, we lost by 3 then, we added all this talent? And we still lost by 3. The Steelers played us much like a big kid plays with a little kid. Let him get close, don't hurt yourself, don't give away your hand, and then squash them at the end.

I think you are reading far more into what people say than is really there. You think that these people are proclaiming that Kizer was sent by God to deliver us from hell fire and damnation.  You WANT to see that others want to proclaim him to be the Messiah or something.  What I see are simply some football fans being optimistic that this kid may turn out to be a good QB.   Yet you want to cast him into the role of Lucifer.

Lighten the Fuck Up, Francis. It was one football game by  a rookie QB.  You act as if the 7 sacks were the 7 plagues sent by God. Jesus H. freeking Christ....get some perspective, will you.

If people here believe that 7 sacks is not the biggest issue of this team, then they are idiots. If this guy gets hit that many times every game, he isn't going to to last long. You know it, and I know it. The problem remains, the Browns have scarce talent at the most important positions on the field. QB, WR, RB and TE. Seven sacks is a problem. he Ravens could get 10.

See what I mean?  I mean do you have a name for each of these 7 Sacks?   Frogs, locusts, boils, water turned to blood, firey hail, wild animals, darkness. 

What happens if he throws for many TDs and wins a game......instead of the Black Tarkenton....you will have to call him the Black Moses.

too much irrational negativism on this board. Makes no sense, not entertaining, just mostly garbage.

the steelers were scared as hell of the Browns new aggressive, talented front seven. They were getting rid

of the ball instantly if possible, and that is with an allpro wr. The Browns slapped the squealer running game

into the turf, and would have won the game if that blocked punt had rolled out of bounds.

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

too much irrational negativism on this board. Makes no sense, not entertaining, just mostly garbage.

the steelers were scared as hell of the Browns new aggressive, talented front seven. They were getting rid

of the ball instantly if possible, and that is with an allpro wr. The Browns slapped the squealer running game

into the turf, and would have won the game if that blocked punt had rolled out of bounds.

Boy....you make another good point...  If you noticed, when the punt was blocked it was headed straight for the back of the end zone. Had it just continued straight it would have gone out of the back of the end zone for a safety...and only 2 points for the Squibs.   Instead, it took a direct, sharp left turn and stayed in the end zone, allowing the Steelers to fall on it for a TD.   They gained an extra 5 points on very, very lucky bounce of the ball.

17 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Our Rookie QB was the 14th rated QB for this past Weekend :

How ya'll feel about ?

Feels like he's got his Game Manager on and ended up statistically lumped in with a bunch of them.

16 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

So sorry.... I guess we simply didn't get the memo that one game makes or breaks an entire NFL career.

Well... try to keep up... not going to carry your ass the entire season... ;)

Please, just let the best QB play. 

47 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Please, just let the best QB play. 

This must have been a dark day in the PoG household................

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2013/09/bernie_kosar_benched_bill_beli.html

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

A little pointless to bicker about what might or might not happen. When he leads the Browns to the playoffs or beyond there will be plenty of time to gloat.

WSS

Exactly. The guy hasn't done shit. He got his dumb ass sacked 7 times and the BIGGEST offensive weapon was the Steeler penalties. some of them, total bullshit.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

For any interested Kizer's all-22 cutdown is on youtube...

After watching it really looked like the protection was overmatched on many plays. If they weren't crashing up the middle it was around the edge. Maybe partly because Kizer hung on to the ball and didn't process quickly enough, but it didn't look like the Steelers sent the house on very many plays.

16 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Exactly. The guy hasn't done shit. He got his dumb ass sacked 7 times and the BIGGEST offensive weapon was the Steeler penalties. some of them, total bullshit.

You really, really need to get some kind of social interaction in your life. Basically begging for attention on an internet message board is kind of sad.

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 9:19 AM, FairHooker11 said:

didnt see much pass rush either  - although run stopping was real good

take the punt block td  away and .....

you can't take the punt block away,,,,,it really happened...honest to gosh, i saw it, a great play by the steeler specials team...you speak the same shit like most of these dreamers on this board...ooo ooo oooo if only this, ooo ooo ooo if only that...for 20 yrs now...ooo ooo ooo if only we didn't commit those 15 penalties...pffft...

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

You really, really need to get some kind of social interaction in your life. Basically begging for attention on an internet message board is kind of sad.

Go fuck yourself with your attention bullshit. You Millennial homosexuals are posting all over here, having a circle jerk about how good the Browns looked, and with all this improved OL, Greg Williams and Kizer, and the Browns are still a loser, by the same margin they lost by last January. This is progress? Now shit? SO much progress that the Browns are one of the biggest, if not the biggest underdog Sunday.

I haven't posted all day, and you blowjobs are crying about my posts. Does your boyfriend know what a cunt you are?

1 minute ago, browns52 said:

you can't take the punt block away,,,,,it really happened...honest to gosh, i saw it, a great play by the steeler specials team...you speak the same shit like most of these dreamers on this board...ooo ooo oooo if only this, ooo ooo ooo if only that...for 20 yrs now...ooo ooo ooo if only we didn't commit those 15 penalties...pffft...

Not only that, but I called this before the draft even happened. This is what these cocksuckers do. THe watch the Browns lose and then pick out all the shit that caused them to lose and say " If not for that play............. If not for that call...............If he makes that catch............................ If he doesn't make that catch..........

Fuck man,  if just for all the points scored against the Browns last year, they would have won the division.

How about this.............................If not for all the Steeler penalties, the Browns would have been even more ineffective on offense. Take away the "dirty" Steeler hits and you have a 35 - 10 ballgame. The Browns are not improved. THey don't hit, they don't make plays, and their QB got sacked 7 times. Oh yeah.....that is really progress towards something good.

Idiots.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

Go fuck yourself with your attention bullshit. You Millennial homosexuals are posting all over here, having a circle jerk about how good the Browns looked, and with all this improved OL, Greg Williams and Kizer, and the Browns are still a loser, by the same margin they lost by last January. This is progress? Now shit? SO much progress that the Browns are one of the biggest, if not the biggest underdog Sunday.

I haven't posted all day, and you blowjobs are crying about my posts. Does your boyfriend know what a cunt you are?

Looks like I hit a nerve. Methinks I'm on to something. And with all the over-the-top gay slurs, I think it's probably not a stretch to assume that Ghoolie not only suffers a crippling need for attention, he's probably overcompensating with the gay-bashing because he's ashamed of his own same-sex preferences, you know, because he's such a "Christian".

And I was born in 1975, Gramps.

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Looks like I hit a nerve. Methinks I'm on to something. And with all the over-the-top gay slurs, I think it's probably not a stretch to assume that Ghoolie not only suffers a crippling need for attention, he's probably overcompensating with the gay-bashing because he's ashamed of his own same-sex preferences, you know, because he's such a "Christian".

And I was born in 1975, Gramps.

Yeah man, you are fucking brilliant. A real Einstink. Imagine, Ghoolie cussing at a fucktard. WOW....you really hit a nerve their sparky. Good one.

Fucking moron.

9 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Im very disappointed in Ghoolie.

He has turned into a pajama boy down there in Memphis. Afraid to bet and lose his Starbucks allowance for the month. His wife likely wears the pants in the Ghoolie household and Ghoolie does as he is told. Does all the grocery shopping and some of the domestic chores like washing clothes and scrubbing the toilets. In turn, Ghoolie gets to watch 1 football game a week in its entirety. Good thing that Ghoolie isn't a Buckeyes fan because he would be shit out of luck.

I do not want to cause a rift in your marriage Ghoolie after your wife discovers the $35 dollars missing as payment from our bet. 

Imagine the rift in his marriage when she finds out that her "Christian" husband craves a 20 year old boy on Tinder to toss his salad. SCANDALOUS!

For those that want some quick and easy study, here's a series of pauseable gifs in a tweet showing the good and bad of a rookie QB on a learning curve.

One note to watch for is when Kizer does go to and acquire a 2ndary target his accuracy suffers.

https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/907637798299037696

Oh... and I owe an apology... I think to jiggins. The Williams pass was not impossibly out of bounds. But it would have required the WR to turn. Either to take the ball over his other, his outside shoulder or turnaround OBJ style for a one-hander. Either way a very tough catch on a ball without a lot of air under it/ adjustment time.

Couple things on Kizer there moving from his primary to his secondary that are an issue.  

One glarring play that I saw was the 5 man pressure that got Njoku singled up in the middle - instead of squaring off his route and boxing out the defender, he continued to work on leverage and broke late.  You could see Deshone peak back for him and he wasn't there.  

Kizer may or may not be our QB of the future.  He's only played one nfl regular season game.

He DID hold the ball too long at times...but that was because he wanted to complete a pass.  He wasn't just looking to run like the predicted Black Tarkenton.  I've got to give him credit for staying with the play.  He'll have to learn to let it fly to the open guy and not look for someone else open deeper.  And he'll have to learn to throw it away properly (which he DID throw a pass or two away).

What I truly liked about what I saw from him was that he DID NOT look like a 21 year old kid that was out of his league.  The game did NOT look too big for him.  He looked in control and under composure.  He directed players to where they needed to be.  Did he lose track of the play clock once or twice?  Sure.  Did he throw a couple of ill advised passes? Yes. (everyone does however)

Again, I cannot say that he'll be our next Bernie Kosar.  But he didn't do anything to make me think that he can't.

Archived