THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer

LondonBrown

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Kizer is not a bust since he wasn't projected to be very good. Most had him the 4th QB in a weak draft.  He is what his is an inconsistent QB who couldn't beat decent college competition.

Yes. 

Now another guy that got selected because he was big was Blake Bortles. There is a bust. This is just kind of not that big of a surprise. Unfortunately we won't be in a position to take the blue chip Prospect in 2018.

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes. 

Now another guy that got selected because he was big was Blake Bortles. There is a bust. This is just kind of not that big of a surprise. Unfortunately we won't be in a position to take the blue chip Prospect in 2018.

WSS

Like I said, Trubisky WAS the right pick. Instead we have Black Tarkenton and Toothpick legs Two Tackle Texas. MONEY BALL?  MORON BALL.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The Browns missed the boat when they passed on Paxton Lynch.

Yes they did. He will be in the league long after Black Tarkenton will be forgotten. As it is, the Browns not only don't have a QB to build the team around, but they won't have draft picks to go after a top QB.

We're going to find out a lot about Kizer this weekend.  Let's see how the kid responds after a terrible game and the migraine craziness.  I have a feeling we're going to be happy.

31 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

We're going to find out a lot about Kizer this weekend.  Let's see how the kid responds after a terrible game and the migraine craziness.  I have a feeling we're going to be happy.

Can John MacAurther catch a fastball over the middle without flinching?:ph34r:

Sign him up!:D

8 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Putting the Kizer stuff aside why will this be the case?

Because it looks like the Jets are tanking to get Sam Darnold. And I can't imagine that we wouldn't win two, three or even four games this year. And if we do go zero + 16 what are the odds coach Jackson is still here?

Sure the draft chart could shift before next year.

But then again if we take the 3rd or 4th rated quarterback it will be another roll of the dice.  If this particular role of the dice doesn't pay off it won't be long before another house cleaning. I don't think it will be next year but...

WSS

By the way London and any of your other Fanboys I am in no way ready to call him a bust. I will wait as the season rolls on. That's more than a lot of the guys around here give any quarterback they pretend to support.

Then again if Mitch Trubisky goes to the Pro Bowl with Howard and Hooker Sashi Browns ass should be in the hot seat.

WSS

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

By the way London and any of your other Fanboys I am in no way ready to call him a bust. I will wait as the season rolls on. That's more than a lot of the guys around here give any quarterback they pretend to support.

Then again if Mitch Trubisky goes to the Pro Bowl with Howard and Hooker Sashi Browns ass should be in the hot seat.

WSS

NO way am I ready to call the guy a bust.  However, I think it's pretty obvious he needs to have a better week against a lesser opponent (finally).  I haven't read a single thing that says Luck is coming back against us (although that's USUALLY the case), so we're going to have an excellent chance to "be in the game" with a chance to win.  I think it all comes down to the red zone in this one.  Can we get TD's instead of FG's, and can we PLEASE not turn it over.  

2 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

NO way am I ready to call the guy a bust.  However, I think it's pretty obvious he needs to have a better week against a lesser opponent (finally).  I haven't read a single thing that says Luck is coming back against us (although that's USUALLY the case), so we're going to have an excellent chance to "be in the game" with a chance to win.  I think it all comes down to the red zone in this one.  Can we get TD's instead of FG's, and can we PLEASE not turn it over.  

It's obvious we should have run the wishbone down there.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

How do you figure the Browns wont have high enough draft picks in 2018 to go after a QB?

That's what I was wondering.  If Kizer is so bad and will be so bad, then the Browns won't win very many games which puts us in line with a top 5 pick at worst and another 1st to use to move up if needed.

18 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

BLACK TARKENTON

Seriously, what fucking part of this don't you jackoffs understand? 

Idiots. Fans and FO. Idiots.

The part where he makes the Hall of Fame?  The part where he starts in 3 Super Bowl games?   The part where he is one of the top 5-10 most prolific passers of all time?

Besides....maybe he is not the Black Tarkenton....but the Caublasian Tarkenton:

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

I dont know if Kizer is a bust and neither do you, but if he is a bust the Browns have enough draft picks to land a QB in 2018.

Which is why I believe that they passed on Garraoplo because they can get a young new QB at his rookie salary.

Realllllllly................................... And with the Browns maybe winning 4 games this year, just exactly what Blue Chip prospect are they going to be in position to grab?

Your fucking logic is what stands Browns fans and the organization as complete idiots. We fail to use once in a blue moon #1 picks for a QB, because " nobody was good enough for us", instead taking players that other teams get better players in later rounds. Yeah, man.......... just look at how solid our QB position is. This fucking #1 OL is blocking everyone's balls off, sustaining drives, making shit QBs perform like Montana, running the ball like a snowball down hill. 

Yeah man, I see where you are going. This bounty of draft picks has really fucking paid off so far.

Idtiots.

12 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Putting the Kizer stuff aside why will this be the case?

Du'h. With a lot of teams needing QBs, the Browns are not likely to have the #1 pick.............how the fuck exactly are they going to draft the top prospect in 2018? Run that logic by us, I am sure it is a fantastic plan.

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You have a feeling? Where? In your cunt? I wonder if playing the shitty Colts has anything to do with your vaginal thrill? Playing two good teams showed the world everything it needs to see about Kizer. Him having a good game against Steubenville Big Red next week doesn't mean shit. 

The Colts will ass fuck the Browns.

19 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Realllllllly................................... And with the Browns maybe winning 4 games this year, just exactly what Blue Chip prospect are they going to be in position to grab?

Your fucking logic is what stands Browns fans and the organization as complete idiots. We fail to use once in a blue moon #1 picks for a QB, because " nobody was good enough for us", instead taking players that other teams get better players in later rounds. Yeah, man.......... just look at how solid our QB position is. This fucking #1 OL is blocking everyone's balls off, sustaining drives, making shit QBs perform like Montana, running the ball like a snowball down hill. 

Yeah man, I see where you are going. This bounty of draft picks has really fucking paid off so far.

Idtiots.

A couple thoughts on Kizer- first the migraine. My Doc pal and former boss get them. You're very sensitive to light. Did the Med Staff have that miracle migraine drug on hand? When Kizer came back in, he played like he still had one.

Regarding his play I hope I'm wrong about "he is who I thought he was." If you remember I was very vocal that I thought he was a horrible pick. What concerned me then was on full display yesterday. BAD accuracy issues. How many of his passes were exactly on target? Damn few. Blew another sideline bomb that could have been a TD. Prone to make a big mistake at the worst time. The int in the end zone was a killer. Oh, he's got a great arm alright, won't do much good if it's inaccurate. Those delay of game penalties were maddening, you're thinking too much. All you have to do is look up, the play clock is right in front of you. Part of that falls on Hue.

PS Ghoolie, the OL was giving Kizer a nice pocket to throw out of on plenty of occasions, yup- taking too long to get rid of the ball. Regressed from last week, looked befuddled many times.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Or at the very least FGs in place of INTs.

WSS

20 hours ago, Hempman said:

Kids overmatched at this stage, but I think the FO knew that.

Yup..

20 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Hue isn't helping him, abandoning the run for the second game running. 

Abandon carries a connotation of choice... as in the run game was working, but the HC chose to go to the pass.

Our top three rushers were 10 for 37, 5 for 26 and 4 for 21. Take away their respective longest runs of 17, 13 and 16 yards and you are left with 9 for 20 (2.2), 4 for 13 (3.3) and 3 for5 (1.7).

Who wouldn't want to abandon that? How about if rusher #2 was your QB?

Do have to note that we saw the I-formation on two consecutive plays. Crow followed his FB, as prescribed, on the first and netted his long of the day. On the second the FB went right of a pile and Crow ran into the pile... and stopped??? I guess that was where the hole was supposed to be... :blink:

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Because it looks like the Jets are tanking to get Sam Darnold. And I can't imagine that we wouldn't win two, three or even four games this year. And if we do go zero + 16 what are the odds coach Jackson is still here?

Sure the draft chart could shift before next year.

But then again if we take the 3rd or 4th rated quarterback it will be another roll of the dice.  If this particular role of the dice doesn't pay off it won't be long before another house cleaning. I don't think it will be next year but...

WSS

First off, I think we definitely win 3-4 games this year. And I believe the Jets are tanking....

BUT, even if Hue went 0-16, I think we'd just get a new offensive coordinator and pick a quarterback. He's practically working with a JV team at this point...

Quick note on migraines...

Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.

I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.

Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.

On 9/17/2017 at 4:07 PM, LondonBrown said:

Hue isn't helping him, abandoning the run for the second game running. 

The second season running, actually.....

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup..

Abandon carries a connotation......

.....that you must actually establish a running game, prior to abandoning it........

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Quick note on migraines...

Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.

I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.

Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.

I have no doubt they suck pretty badly. Like high ankle sprains, concussions and broken bones in the hand. Let's hope the migraines aren't a regular occurrence.

WSS

Archived