THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. N.Y. Jets Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

I hoped that Peppers would be like ERock like (Eric Turner for some of you younger dudes) and make an immediate impact from opening day, but so far, that hasn't been the case...... and that's being very kind. 

I'm not writing Peppers off, not at all, but...

The concern with Peppers is that he kind of falls into the category of "Jack of all trades, master of none".

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not writing Peppers off, not at all, but...

The concern with Peppers is that he kind of falls into the category of "Jack of all trades, master of none".

yep...and, in his defense, this team has no clue how to maximize his talents.....instead, they've sequestered him to last line of defense, since thjey have zero faith in the guys playing in front of him

5 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

yep...and, in his defense, this team has no clue how to maximize his talents.....instead, they've sequestered him to last line of defense, since thjey have zero faith in the guys playing in front of him

He's a special teamer.. Nothing more...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

He's a special teamer.. Nothing more...

Too early to know for sure, but I am disappointed so far.....

15 minutes ago, Orion said:

I keep saying that Peppers was a player that played close to the LOS.  So we play him on the warning track.  Doesn't make sense to me.....

coaching....I been saying all along.....they dont know where or how to maximize talent.....

Hell...Pettine got 11 sacks outta Kruger...a pro-bowl outta Barnidge.....a 1000 yards outta Benji......coaching

We had 5 or 6 guys play in the 2015 pro-bowl....let that sink in......and all are guys we immediately decided were washed up, worn out, etc....which may be (cause shashi dumped em all).....but I guarantee you, their coach had something to do with putting them in position to succeed....and knowing how to use these washed up old men, playing on the worst team in the league.....

When you play 30 yards off of the LOS there isn't much you can do. Williams has decided this is  the defense he wants to run, and every other DB on this team is worse at his "angel" position than Peppers. We finally started using him closer to the LOS a few times today and he made an impact. 

The last punt return today the gunner got right by our guy and had a dead on run at Peppers. No way he could even return it. 

The hate here towards Peppers is amazing though. We have someone on here calling him one of the least valuable players in the entire NFL.... come on. There are a handful of posters here ready to pounce on anything he does that is an INT or return TD. But keep telling me there is no bias, smh. 

Not going to wade thru this thread.

Very hard game to take... Left at least 2 TDs and 2 FGs on the field.

Nonetheless there were positives.... over 400 yards total offense... including 140 yards rushing... an INT plus a Jet ball on the ground... allowed only 34 rushing yards and 212 total... 3 sacks with 2 by you-know-who... allowed only one sack.

All that said... a statistically dominant loss is still a loss... a bitt...ersweet, stings-like-a-bitch loss...

See y'all tomorrow...

GO TRIBE!

I went to the game...and can’t say I’m surprised by the way this team played.

I can’t believe Hue sent out the FG unit, changed his mind...called a timeout...and went for it on 4th down.

We may be picking first in the draft again boys.

47 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

We may be picking first in the draft again boys.

The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.

San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

I always kinda liked Peppers(cept when he struts like a peaSock)...anyhow, I only comment and pick on him because I like to make woody squeal like a girl////

(works EVERY time)....hahahaha

If you call correcting people "squeeling like a girl", then more power to you. I mean, I'd prefer to be on the side that isn't incorrect or completely biased, but to each his own.

You could come on here and say 2+2=5. I'd say no, it is 4. And you can call that a win too if you'd like

49 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all

Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.

1) We actually have some young QB talent

2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft

3) We need to fill a  lot  of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the  pressure in the world on him.

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.

3) We need to fill a  lot  of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the  pressure in the world on him.

What upcoming draft? NEXT YEAR?

Kizer? Hogan? You're going to bank on these two guys?

The Browns already have FIVE picks in the first two rounds, how many more picks do they need? Jesus, stop being cute and just take the QB STARING YOU RIGHT IN YOUR Shmucking FACE.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.

San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.

San Fran wins 3 and the Giants win 5. We might beat the bears. But if Hue keeps Kizer starting all season, I can see us at 0-16

9 hours ago, Mudfly said:

yep....Hues stupidity just cost us another game

Hue didn't shank those FGs. to his credit- he did start Hogan after Kizer stunk up the joint...   

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

We're not getting rid of Hue guys

I'm not so sure of that anymore...  

9 hours ago, Mudfly said:

I have Hue starting Kizer.....OR.....making some excuses for him, then a mystery injury pops up during the week.....next week both him and Britt get migraines and twisted ankles

After Earthmover RG III, and Just trust me Kizer, Hue's going down with the Good Ship Kizer. Three strikes and you're out. 

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

I hoped that Peppers would be like ERock (Eric Turner for some of you younger dudes) and make an immediate impact from opening day, but so far, that hasn't been the case...... and that's being very kind. 

You can't make an impact playing on the warning track, as was pointed out elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

REMAINING SCHEDULE,  plug in your own projections...... :blink:

6    Oct 15    CLE @ HOU    NRG Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
7    Oct 22    TEN @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
8    Oct 29    MIN @ CLE    Twickenham Stadium    9:30 AM    Tickets    NFLN         
9    Bye    
10    Nov 12    CLE @ DET    Ford Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
11    Nov 19    JAX @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
12    Nov 26    CLE @ CIN    Paul Brown Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
13    Dec 03    CLE @ LAC    StubHub Center    4:05 PM    Tickets    CBS         
14    Dec 10    GB @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    FOX         
15    Dec 17    BAL @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
16    Dec 24    CLE @ CHI    Soldier Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
17    Dec 31    CLE @ PIT    Heinz Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS     

Could well be another 1-15. Don't often agree with Grossi, but I'll accept his take- this team is coming apart. 0-8 at the bye, and fair chance Hue is bye-bye, Williams promoted to HC. Especially if the stubborn goober sticks to his guns and keeps on taking losses with his pet project Kizer. 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

haven't we heard that every year for the past 10 years?

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Then we sit where we are and take the QB of our choice. We already have two firsts (one guaranteed to be top 10 at this rate), and three seconds. How many do you think we need? Our record over the last three seasons has been historically bad. You just cant keep kicking the can down the road amassing future assets. 

Looks like we gave the Eagles their franchise qb, we went shopping in the bargain bin again, and got a mouldy Kizer Roll. 

Ya know, I predicted a Browns victory and I'm sorry. It was stupid and naive, and I should've known. The upsetting aspect of my prediction was I basically correct about virtually everything except the score. I knew our defense would shut them down. I felt good about what Duke and Crow would provide, and I said we'd get our TE's involved more and we'd have enough offense to win the game. I was basically right about every single aspect of the game...except the most important thing...the score. 

While it's frustrating and enraging to lose this game, the loss has a darker feel to it because we fans know what it means. We've felt this situation too many times before, and we now know what is coming...another rebuild. Despite what Jimmy Haslam has said, this entire regime is completely toast. From the head coach to our front office, they're all gone. It's another week of watching Deshaun Watson light up the stat sheet, it's another week of seeing Carson Wentz win a game and play well, it's another week of our QB looking mentally handicapped and turning the ball over like a moron. An absolute moron. I can't even bring myself to say his name. I don't want to hear anything about how young he is, how he needs time, or how he doesn't have weapons to throw to. I've made all these excuses for him myself, as recently as last week, and I won't do it anymore. I've completely changed my mind, and no... I am not making a rash decision. Kizer cannot quickly read the field and decisively deliver the ball accurately to the correct person. He can't. He missed multiple touchdown passes because he didn't see them. 

Hue Jackson is BEGGING to be fired. We're at the 3 yard line, it's 2nd down, and we don't try to run it in. The option play was a stupid gimmick with a high chance of turnover. Going for it on 4th down wasn't smart, but it can be defended. However, the PLAY CALL can't be defended. The kicker was lined up and ready to go, but Hue SPRINTS down the field and calls a timeout. Why not tie it up and give the kid some confidence? How demoralizing was that to our struggling kicker? But ok...we're going for it. Surely Hue has an AMAZING play ready to go, right? He's seen something on tape that shows a weakness, something the Jets are giving away, something really, REALLY good, RIGHT? Hahaha, WRONG. "OK, OK....I got it guys! They'll never see this coming! You guys ready? OK...we're going to RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE!" 

Nah nah nah nah....NAH NAH NAH NAH...hey hey hey....GOODBYE! 

WHO DOESN'T TIE THE GAME UP AT HOME WITH 11 MINUTES TO GO IN THE GAME?! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

14 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ya know, I predicted a Browns victory and I'm sorry. It was stupid and naive, and I should've known. The upsetting aspect of my prediction was I basically correct about virtually everything except the score. I knew our defense would shut them down. I felt good about what Duke and Crow would provide, and I said we'd get our TE's involved more and we'd have enough offense to win the game. I was basically right about every single aspect of the game...except the most important thing...the score. 

While it's frustrating and enraging to lose this game, the loss has a darker feel to it because we fans know what it means. We've felt this situation too many times before, and we now know what is coming...another rebuild. Despite what Jimmy Haslam has said, this entire regime is completely toast. From the head coach to our front office, they're all gone. It's another week of watching Deshaun Watson light up the stat sheet, it's another week of seeing Carson Wentz win a game and play well, it's another week of our QB looking mentally handicapped and turning the ball over like a moron. An absolute moron. I can't even bring myself to say his name. I don't want to hear anything about how young he is, how he needs time, or how he doesn't have weapons to throw to. I've made all these excuses for him myself, as recently as last week, and I won't do it anymore. I've completely changed my mind, and no... I am not making a rash decision. Kizer cannot quickly read the field and decisively deliver the ball accurately to the correct person. He can't. He missed multiple touchdown passes because he didn't see them. 

Hue Jackson is BEGGING to be fired. We're at the 3 yard line, it's 2nd down, and we don't try to run it in. The option play was a stupid gimmick with a high chance of turnover. Going for it on 4th down wasn't smart, but it can be defended. However, the PLAY CALL can't be defended. The kicker was lined up and ready to go, but Hue SPRINTS down the field and calls a timeout. Why not tie it up and give the kid some confidence? How demoralizing was that to our struggling kicker? But ok...we're going for it. Surely Hue has an AMAZING play ready to go, right? He's seen something on tape that shows a weakness, something the Jets are giving away, something really, REALLY good, RIGHT? Hahaha, WRONG. "OK, OK....I got it guys! They'll never see this coming! You guys ready? OK...we're going to RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE!" 

Nah nah nah nah....NAH NAH NAH NAH...hey hey hey....GOODBYE! 

WHO DOESN'T TIE THE GAME UP AT HOME WITH 11 MINUTES TO GO IN THE GAME?! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

And Bingo the Wonder Dog chooses you! Chicken dinner coming right up. We have a winner!!!!!:D

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Then we sit where we are and take the QB of our choice. We already have two firsts (one guaranteed to be top 10 at this rate), and three seconds. How many do you think we need? Our record over the last three seasons has been historically bad. You just cant keep kicking the can down the road amassing future assets. 

Looks like we gave the Eagles their franchise qb, we went shopping in the bargain bin again, and got a mouldy Kizer Roll. 

You would think that the BROWNS.inc. would be good at this by now drafting high every year.......but if you remember back they got B+ and A grades on the last draft. Another 1-15 or worse yet an 0-Fer and more former loyal Browns fans might say screw it and leave maybe go fishing on Sundays 

Oh the Indians have figured it out same with the Cavaliers same small market, hmmmmm.

......edit add, and the Boardman/Poland and south have been blocking out the Browns for the steelrz every Sunday now.

What I don't really know, and I guess nobody really CAN, is whether or not we should keep Kizer as the starter?  I mean, Jared Goff looked awful last year, right?  I really go back and forth because we NEED stability at the QB position, but should Kizer display more growth at this time?  That interception in the end zone was beyond awful.  I don't get why these plays don't work for us.  I saw Dallas run a very similar play, and Beasley was open, caught it, and scored.  Shouldn't it be THAT simple?  And what about that play on the goal line before the ridiculous option fumble.  If Kizer hits Crow in the flat INSTANTLY, he probably scores easily.  But he waits and throws a terrible pass, that even if caught, wouldn't have gotten the TD.  How does Kizer not immediately throw it to Crow?  Isn't this the kind of stuff they practice?  When Hue radios the play to Kizer's helmet, can't he TELL HIM where his first read is?  "Ok Deshone, we want to get it to Crow in the flat.  It's bang bang, so hit him early, ok?"  Doesn't that conversation happen?  Maybe that wasn't the primary read, and that was the safety valve, but man...it's uncanny how many times Kizer misses the correct read, and the announcers are REALLY calling him out about it.  The one where he didn't see a wide open Njoku was devastating.  That's a situation where we have one of our young playmakers, wide open in the end zone, for a potential touchdown...and it wouldn't have been a difficult throw at all.  

Now, the conversation that is GOING to happen is whether or not Kevin Hogan can be more than a backup QB.  The Jets made an amazing play on that interception, but Hogan made the correct read.  He didn't have time to make the throw accurately, but the guy was open.  What really hurts about that play is our wide receiver needs to turn into the defender right there.  I realize that's not his job, but if the ball can't be caught, he needs to do EVERYTHING in his power to ensure nobody gets it.  That's asking a lot, but it's something you hear about from time to time.  

Hue was asked about his playcalling duties, and whether or not he would hire someone if they were better.  He said he'd be more than happy to bring somebody in if they were more capable than him, and then he said the offense was moving the ball up and down the field, and that doesn't happen unless the guy calling the plays knows what he's doing.  That might be true, but Hue Jackson can't call RED ZONE plays, and it's been a problem for going on two years.  It was a problem last year, it's been an issue THIS year, and yesterday was the worst example of his deficiencies.  He calls a terrific game, all game, until the ball gets close to the end zone.  How is that possible?  Does he panic?  Does he just not understand what his team can do, or what the right thing is?  It's baffling.  Think about our lack of playmakers, our inexperience at WR, and look at how we marched the ball up and down the field yesterday.  That doesn't happen unless a coach knows how to call plays, but how the HECK does he lose his brain inside the 10 yard line SO OFTEN?  It literally doesn't add up!

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hue was asked about his playcalling duties, and whether or not he would hire someone if they were better.  He said he'd be more than happy to bring somebody in if they were more capable than him, and then he said the offense was moving the ball up and down the field, and that doesn't happen unless the guy calling the plays knows what he's doing.  That might be true, but Hue Jackson can't call RED ZONE plays, and it's been a problem for going on two years.  It was a problem last year, it's been an issue THIS year, and yesterday was the worst example of his deficiencies.  He calls a terrific game, all game, until the ball gets close to the end zone.  How is that possible?  Does he panic?  Does he just not understand what his team can do, or what the right thing is?  It's baffling.  Think about our lack of playmakers, our inexperience at WR, and look at how we marched the ball up and down the field yesterday.  That doesn't happen unless a coach knows how to call plays, but how the HECK does he lose his brain inside the 10 yard line SO OFTEN?  It literally doesn't add up!

He needs to get with his players and his O coaches and work this out far in advance of game day. He goes into brain freeze the closer they get to the goalline. Someone has to become the OC whisperer in his ear and remind him what they are doing on the plan the closer they get to scoring. AND no TOs early on dammit!!

Archived