THE BROWNS BOARD

Ok are we done with hogan now?

Clevfan4life

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure was wrong about what I thought we'd get out of Hogan today. I haven't had a chance to rewatch to see if the INT's were horrible throws or borderline big plays. No excuses though he stunk it up. Having said that do you feel they game planned this to his strengths? I expected to see a lot more in the intermediate and screen range. 

5 hours ago, Harry Buffalo said:

The only thing I want to highlight that I am 100% sick of is the Shmucking media declaring people the new franchise QB after a few decent showings. Its Shmucking annoying and the Cleveland media is the worst example of it around the league. Keep righting your stories about how player x was over looked until they got to the Browns. Please. Who the Shmuck came into this game think he was going to light anything up? Best case scenario he was going to have an average game. Just be honest about whats going on. Our coach didn't install a game plan for our rookie QB. Our rookie QB has sucked. Our "back up" QB ha doesn't have the talent to be a starter. Our only QB to show anything in an NFL game is inactive every week because he can't/won't throw the ball down field. Be Shmucking honest about it. At least Grossi calls this Sheet out as much of a Sheet can he is. 

Yeah. The media’s the only one that does that..... 🙄

5 hours ago, bbedward said:

Time for GOATy Kessler 

Lol

4 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Same thing I’ve been saying the whole time:

Time. 

Got any other ideas? Bc our idiot fans aren’t going to give that. 

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

I sure was wrong about what I thought we'd get out of Hogan today. I haven't had a chance to rewatch to see if the INT's were horrible throws or borderline big plays. No excuses though he stunk it up. Having said that do you feel they game planned this to his strengths? I expected to see a lot more in the intermediate and screen range. 

I expected a more professional performance. I was shocked by the consistency of bad throws, and how weak his arm is. I knew it isn't Kizer's, but it looked weeeeeaaaaaaaaak.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I expected a more professional performance. I was shocked by the consistency of bad throws, and how weak his arm is. I knew it isn't Kizer's, but it looked weeeeeaaaaaaaaak.

But yet Hue kept calling plays for a strong armed Qb

either Hue is stupid, he doesn’t care, or he’s sticking it to the front office.  Any way this ORGANIZATION is the WORST IN NFL HISTORY 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

..... and I'm guessing Watkins won't dance like a fool after he makes a tackle in a game he's losing badly...... just a thought. 

Nah, guys like Watkins just shove their hands up players’ arses up the play. Totally better. 

Just now, wargograw said:

Nah, guys like Watkins just shove their hands up players’ arses up the play. Totally better. 

Not sure what you're talking about (and don't really want to know), but I don't think that is better at all......  but if that kind of stuff floats your boat so be it. 

15 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

But yet Hue kept calling plays for a strong armed Qb

either Hue is stupid, he doesn’t care, or he’s sticking it to the front office.  Any way this ORGANIZATION is the WORST IN NFL HISTORY 

Hogan couldnt throw out to the flat dude, i mean wtf is hue supposed to call screens all day? If hogan couldnt make those throws what throws can he make?

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hogan couldnt throw out to the flat dude, i mean wtf is hue supposed to call screens all day? If hogan couldnt make those throws what throws can he make?

How about a slant or a seam pass.  Somewhere that a dB wasn’t sitting on a route.  

6 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

How about a slant or a seam pass.  Somewhere that a dB wasn’t sitting on a route.  

Thats on hogan, he cant read defenses apparently. He air mailed shirt throws left and right today, it looks like he doesnt belong in the nfl at all. Those throws were worse than any i saw from weedon save the shovel pass. 

Notice Chicago and Trubisky won. 

Also notice how trubisky threw very little,  but they ran it a ton.  Helped manage the game for them. 

Hue would run it 10-12 times,  and have him throw it 40 - 50 times instead,  and that's one of many reasons why we suck

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Kessler? We're talking about kessler now? Gtfo of here. Kesslers arm is even worse than hogans. Moar route jump db's is all a kessler start is gonna get us

hey man we were supposed to trust hue on that one

49 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Peppers took a TD saving angle on that texans wr. Not saying peppers all of a sudden became our best player im just saying, the kids improving. 

You're crazy. He's awful. The worst player on the team. Just like how he constantly made mistakes against THE Ohio State University. No I'm not being biased just because he went to shitty Meatchicken

.... Too on the nose?

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

"No no no!"  is what we all thought when we passed on watson to go down and get Peppers instead. 

Buckeyes and wolverines aside... Keep dreaming that he's a major impact player. 

He's been crap,  whether he's been used incorrectly,  or whether he's just not nfl caliber,  he's looked completely  lost out there 

Nothing in my post had to do with Peppers. And yet I'm sure I will be blamed for bringing him up for some reason. I won't even get into why I think you're wrong. 

You quoting me to get completely off topic was bad enough. 

I'll take you not responding to what I said in any way as a sign you agree. Good. Then these "But but but Watson and Wentz!!!" posts don't mean much. They're on much better offenses. 

Peppers was not worth a 1st round pick.  Only the idiot front office here would trade down. Pass on Watson and then draft Peppers.

he would have been there in round 2 or maybe even the 3rd round 

We have all seen that he is terrible in coverage.  1st rounders can’t just be a kick returner.  Which in the NFL today are almost useless 

another wasted 1st round pick 

38 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Peppers was not worth a 1st round pick.  Only the idiot front office here would trade down. Pass on Watson and then draft Peppers.

he would have been there in round 2 or maybe even the 3rd round 

We have all seen that he is terrible in coverage.  1st rounders can’t just be a kick returner.  Which in the NFL today are almost useless 

another wasted 1st round pick 

I disagree.

Talk was the Steelers wanted him near the end of the 1st

He very clearly would have been gone by the 3rd. I know you're incredibly biased, but don't let that cause you to say incredibly stupid things. Though that is hard for you.

Amazing that he's have rookie mistakes at a position he's never really had to play, huh? I bet he's the only rookie in the NFL making mistakes right now. What a waste of a 1st round pick...

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I disagree.

Talk was the Steelers wanted him near the end of the 1st

He very clearly would have been gone by the 3rd. I know you're incredibly biased, but don't let that cause you to say incredibly stupid things. Though that is hard for you.

Amazing that he's have rookie mistakes at a position he's never really had to play, huh? I bet he's the only rookie in the NFL making mistakes right now. What a waste of a 1st round pick...

Rookies aren’t allowed to make mistakes.

Hogan had some nice passes today. 

Duke was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

Hogan was responsible for the high throw to Duke. 

Coates was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

If you didn't watch the game then you wouldn't know but even the announcers said that the DBs on the Texans were pretty much running the WRs routes for them today. Too predictable, Hue didn't do Hogan any favors with the playcalling. 

Hogan is usually very accurate and efficient... it was just a bad day all around. 

Stick with Hogan and with another week of reps and chemistry we'll make some good progress. 

Those clamoring for more Kizer... just remember Kizer was 30 - 0 against the Bengals... Kizer needs to sit.

Hue needs to HELP Hogan be successful so we can win. 

6 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan had some nice passes today. 

Duke was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

Hogan was responsible for the high throw to Duke. 

Coates was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

If you didn't watch the game then you wouldn't know but even the announcers said that the DBs on the Texans were pretty much running the WRs routes for them today. Too predictable, Hue didn't do Hogan any favors with the playcalling. 

Hogan is usually very accurate and efficient... it was just a bad day all around. 

Stick with Hogan and with another week of reps and chemistry we'll make some good progress. 

Those clamoring for more Kizer... just remember Kizer was 30 - 0 against the Bengals... Kizer needs to sit.

Hue needs to HELP Hogan be successful so we can win. 

A lot of people find your schtick to be cute but I am seriously wondering if you have legitimate issues.

Hogan looked like he didn't belong on an NFL team. His throws looked in slomo,  

Hue doesn't do anyone any favors with his game plan or play calling.  

"we are committed to running the ball"  committed to running it 12 times a game.  Awesome 

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You're crazy. He's awful. The worst player on the team. Just like how he constantly made mistakes against THE Ohio State University. No I'm not being biased just because he went to shitty Meatchicken

.... Too on the nose?

He's from New Jersey. He was kind of an odd player but supposedly very athletic and versatile. That might not Translate into a pro career but we can hope. Still I always expect first round picks to kick butt. Patience.

WSS

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Duke was responsible for the INT down the sidelines"

Bahaha. Come on now. Try not to be that big of an idiot. That was all on Hogan. Throw was way too high. 

I think he was talking about the deep throw to duke. I know, there were so many int's its hard to keep track of em all. I cant really see how even that throw to duke was his fault tho. The ball just wasnt thrown ahead of the receiver.

Archived