THE BROWNS BOARD

Report: Browns Begin Searching For New Football Executive

jbluhm86

Just now, SD_Tom said:

Hard to stomach watching teams with rookie qbs winning games every year, and we can't even do it with veterans. 

Winston,  Marriota,  Goff,  Wentz,  Watson,  Prescott,  all looked better in their first few games than anyone we've had in a decade. 

Save the "those teams have more weapons" cowpoop.  Yeah,  they do, cuz they don't waste their high draft picks on crap.  

It's impossible to suck every year,  get high draft picks every year,  and get consistently worse. Unless you're the Browns. 

Pathetic.  

Well said

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SD_Tom said:

Hard to stomach watching teams with rookie qbs winning games every year, and we can't even do it with veterans. 

Winston,  Marriota,  Goff,  Wentz,  Watson,  Prescott,  all looked better in their first few games than anyone we've had in a decade. 

Save the "those teams have more weapons" cowpoop.  Yeah,  they do, cuz they don't waste their high draft picks on crap.  

It's impossible to suck every year,  get high draft picks every year,  and get consistently worse. Unless you're the Browns. 

Pathetic.  

Oh come on....... Don't you know you have to wait like 5 years for The Process to work?

Those other teams don't know what the hell they are doing...... we do. 

3 minutes ago, syd said:

I think someone with experience would be the way to go

Then why did the use Sashi and DePodesta 

38 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Omg fuk you dude. A new coach with a new staff......yeah, thats exactly what we need. Cause i really want to run  a 2-5 next year or some new dumb Sheet. Jackson and williams stay ffs. Just as we're doing at least some things right...run defense, decent running game.....no lets start all over again with a new defensive scheme and ol blocking scheme

we've done that how many times in the ladt 7 years and where has it gotten us?

you are out of your mind...what Shmucking running game....crowell is a 3 yds and a cloud of dust...duke gets a decent run every now and then and thats when we are usually getting the Sheet kicked out of us...they are 21st in rushing...that ain't good at all....ain't goin nowhere at 21st in the league...and they are barely 21st...couple teams right behind them maybe by a yd or 2...

4 minutes ago, browns52 said:

you are out of your mind...what Shmucking running game....crowell is a 3 yds and a cloud of dust...duke gets a decent run every now and then and thats when we are usually getting the Sheet kicked out of us...they are 21st in rushing...that ain't good at all....ain't goin nowhere at 21st in the league...and they are barely 21st...couple teams right behind them maybe by a yd or 2...

The teams that win in the NFL have the best WRs and the best QBs. Running is a side game compared to the passing game 

56 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I saw a 1-15 season last year...what did you see?

That is what I keep telling my friends here, They keep telling me the same crap of "How great our D looks" And I keep saying we have not won sheeeet.  Sad Canton,  So sad to be a Browns fan. When we do get our new coach, I hope he skips the "We will make the Browns winners again" Every coach says the same damn thing.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Omg fuk you dude. A new coach with a new staff......yeah, thats exactly what we need. Cause i really want to run  a 2-5 next year or some new dumb Sheet. Jackson and williams stay ffs. Just as we're doing at least some things right...run defense, decent running game.....no lets start all over again with a new defensive scheme and ol blocking scheme

we've done that how many times in the ladt 7 years and where has it gotten us?

Angry are we?

I dont blame you. 

I said IF...

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

I didnt say they were the return of byber and mack but the running game really isnt terrible. And it wiuld be better if we had a passing game. As it stands defenses look run first on us and dare our qb to throw overvthe top. Im not in the mood to tell joe thomas we're tearing it up again time to learn a new blocking scheme. Please gid dont do this jimmy, not again.

Work in bringing talent evaluators on to this team. If we get actual talent here and we need a bew coach to put us over the top, fine. But right now even the ghost of tom fukking landry couldnt win us a game. 

3 hours ago, tinythinker said:

So, who here thinks that if this story is true the new hire will make a real difference next season? And how do you define a real difference?

What would be acceptable? And who is available that you would want?

Not trying to trash the idea, just wondering what people see on the horizon.

Many, many losses.

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

More than zero. I offered to put my money on it last week. Offer’s still good. Put up or shut up. 

And just because you don’t win YET doesn’t mean you’re not improved? Why is this such a hard concept for folks?

Because I'm a fan W. Doesn't mean I have to have blinders on. That was major suckage 20+ games into a rebuild? We're the football equivalent of the Cubs loveable losers, deal with it.

It's difficult to imagine this isn't true, and it brings me absolutely zero joy to say that many of us already felt this was happening. And it's not like Browns fans are geniuses or anything, but this team continues to get worse every week, and the death knell is getting beat by qb's we refused to draft. That's basically it folks. This conversation isn't happening if anybody felt good about our qb, and the other draft whiffs could probably be forgiven if we just had a competent person to throw the rock. 

Listen, it's OBVIOUS we have issues with evaluating talent. How many people were absolutely screaming for Malik Hooker at 12? Deshaun Watson?  Guys, we don't have a freaking FREE SAFETY ON THE TEAM. How many fans and analysts wondered how Peppers would actually fit into a defense because he couldn't cover?  How many people questioned all of the bozos we drafted at WR last year? The Kessler pick? Look back at most of the draft picks and tell me how many were actually GOOD? 

And here's the thing:  Do you REALLY want this collection of glue-sniffing mongaloids to use our vast collection of early draft picks next draft? Do any of you have ANY confidence that they'll get it REMOTELY correct? No, of course you don't. I don't WANT TO blow it up. I DON'T WANT TO start over, but Jesus man....SOMETHING is very wrong with our team and the way we do things. 

With the number of picks we have, we have a chance to start a new rebuild quickly. We hit on the QB (finally and mercifully), we add a playmaker at WR (novel idea), and we fill in some more talent with our THREE second rounders. But here's the thing...we just can't allow the same idiots to make those selections. It's too rare to have this number of early assets, and it's imperative we get it right. I mean, I know it's very early, but just look at the Jabril Peppers pick. How devastating is that to our team? We needed a starting safety. Desperately. It was a DEEP safety draft, right? Surely we'd take one, RIGHT? Uhhhhh....no.

I'd actually be fine with keeping Hue Jackson. I think he's handled himself well during this absolute stink of a situation. He hasn't been dealt a good hand, and yes, he's made many mistakes, but who can we find that's better? Keep the coach so it's not the nuclear blowup. I really believe that's the correct choice, even though Hue has driven me crazy at times, I believe he can get the job done with proper resources. 

9 hours ago, tinythinker said:

So, who here thinks that if this story is true the new hire will make a real difference next season? And how do you define a real difference?

What would be acceptable? And who is available that you would want?

Not trying to trash the idea, just wondering what people see on the horizon.

1-21 created a very low horizon of gloom, despair and agony. Just like the song. And just who in the heck is QB 30 gonna be? 

the defense is hugely improved. Need more speed on pass coverage, I think. at least a shutdown cb, a

blazing fast linebacker...but this defense has been kicking offenses into the turf in the rushing dept.

THAT is huge news ! This team is very close, but seriously lacking on offense. I really, really was a Wentz guy, too bad,

but that is water over the dam. Wr's don't get open, qb's try to force passes, disaster. It's the wr's. Thanks for nothing,

Gordon.

The offense doesn't work -  Coleman is out, Treggs is new... the field stretching is not there. The wr cast next season

has to be very different. I like Williams and Treggs though. Time to start working on a 2018 mock draft...

I don't know I'm just frustrated by the whole situation. I don't want to heap this all on the QB but other marginal teams have turned things around with just the right QB, Prescott comes to mind, although he is struggling this year, Trubisky and Watson.  For some unknown reason when a talented pro-football caliber QB is available, the Browns balk.  I believe this was the style of team the GM was looking, a pro-team that doesn't rely on skilled positions and place their importance on creating a strong defense and strong offensive line.  If you can't see it now it's about not winning but saving money.  This whole idea was to de-emphasize the skilled positions (which cost lots of money) by replacing them with back up caliber players.  That would allow the owner to spend more to get a quality defense and offensive linemen, thus saving money over all.  It's obvious this does not work in football for the quality of the QB is essential for the team to succeed. 

12 hours ago, thenew23 said:

No. No. No! IF (big if) Haslman wants to restart... again. He has to do it right.  Hire a GM then let him pick the coach, then let him hire his coaching staff.  Suggest he keep Williams on D, but other than that, hire your guy at the top, then get the HELL out of the way.

Thats the ONLY way it works!!

Why Keep Williams, all he does is stop the run.  All the other team has to do is throw the ball over the D.  Either get rid of them all or keep them all.

51 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Why Keep Williams, all he does is stop the run.  All the other team has to do is throw the ball over the D.  Either get rid of them all or keep them all.

Exactly. Said it at the game, with Peppers playing a mile deep we're getting killed on intermediate routes.

If we change the defense again omg fuk all of u. Srsly if i see myles garrett chasing slot wr's downfield next year im done being a browns fan, which mrans football is over for me. The browns are the only thing i give a fuk about in the nfl. If we bring in some new fgt DC that changes scheme again and takes us back to 31st in all categories, im done.

all of u that would entertain even the thought of swapping dc's again need to just burn ur browns gear and just go riot fir another team. U show how profoundly ignorant u are of how football works. Defenses arent plug in play things that swapping a new scheme in and out makes a light go on. We have players from previous defenses that need rooted out and evicted, thst doesnt change overnight. Swap schemes again and we create a whole new mismatch of characters omg fuk u fuk u fuk u fuk u right in ur mouths.

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

If we change the defense again omg fuk all of u. Srsly if i see myles garrett chasing slot wr's downfield next year im done being a browns fan, which mrans football is over for me. The browns are the only thing i give a fuk about in the nfl. If we bring in some new fgt DC that changes scheme again and takes us back to 31st in all categories, im done.

all of u that would entertain even the thought of swapping dc's again need to just burn ur browns gear and just go riot fir another team. U show how profoundly ignorant u are of how football works. Defenses arent plug in play things that swapping a new scheme in and out makes a light go on. We have players from previous defenses that need rooted out and evicted, thst doesnt change overnight. Swap schemes again and we create a whole new mismatch of characters omg fuk u fuk u fuk u fuk u right in ur mouths.

You need more fiber in your diet. 

Archived