THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

On 5/10/2024 at 6:28 PM, Dutch Oven said:

A couple David Portnoy Youngstown pizza reviews for mjp...

I'll give you my reply soon ....  the Brier Hill was one of my favorite hangouts,  I shot pool there.   Oh yeah !

• Like 1

My wife  (the cook here)  got a good deal on bone-in chicken thighs .... with the good flavor.   Monday we had :

● BREADED and BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS  with STUFFING  and  French style green beans,  MMM-MMM  good.

This Tuesday we had delicious leftovers.   This Wednesday we made  NJ's HOMEMADE  CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP.

Sampled  Wednesday night   -and -  supper tonight.   My favorite.  NJ's  HOMEMADE  "CNS"   oh yes ! !   4★.

(See picture below). It's loaded  & delicious by the pot full and some good Italian bread & butter.  -->   :D  <--    

●  It's been a long tough busy week and exactly what I wanted.  

20240516_115512.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 8:37 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Are you familiar with the Sunrise Inn in Warren, @mjp28 and their unique pizza? 

Oh yes .... an old classic Warren / Trumbull County joint.    Well loved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

~  AND   ~  a little baseball  story  and      GAMEDAY       mmm-mmmd meals  RECIPE for another favorite of ours   ~ TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE ~   and of course some buttered Italian bread and butter   another  mmm-mmm  too.

To the game  -and-  story  on June  1 & 2 .....

●  I'm loving these guys !  Come August or September  some guys might come rolling in saying .... D'uh what happened ?   :lol:

My wife just took out another of my favorites out of the oven. TUNA (xxx, not mac, noodle ! )  CASSEROLE,  mmm-mmm   Oh yeah !   Have a good evening everyone. ♡

.........  edit add.Sunday .......  slight correction  ...   it was NJ's own  TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE  with a few Italian spices on the top before putting it in the oven.   It was. "OH MY GOD GOOD !"    I can't wait until after the game .....  I'm having another bowl  NOW.     :P

• Like 1

*********     :).     ********  

OK guys,    all   of you.     my friends here.       got me motivated  to get up to date on my recipes.  I'vs been rather busy lately.  Well I went back  5 pages  ....  from 90 to 94 incl......  September 27, 2023  (9/28/23 my bday !).   Wow,     a nice list of everything there from.   pizza to    soup  and sandwiches.......mine  and your  recipe ideas.   A nice list of.   EVERYTHING.  there.

SO  .....  I will challenge any of you that ....  if you're  "stuck"   in a  recipe  rut  just go back to any  - 5 page - group of pages for ideas.   Now I  will  go back later to make a few notes  from those pages.    And yes Dutch  I listened to the Barstool pizza guy,   hmmm  7.5  and  7.2  I think it was,  one gets a bump up  ....  later.

********     :P     ********

Oh,  my tuna noodle casserole  really was delicous !  And more for Monday.  .( pictured   here   from   early   Sunday .......  minus    some nibbling  )

20240602_151351.jpg

AND  .....  From  8 am  Monday ......    from pages  90 to 94 .....  mmm-mmm .......  OH YEAH. ....  :o

Baked-Italian-Heroes_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-1030179(1).jpg.8e540d5b10f4e4211c969a67b231ee38.jpg

20231210_133259.thumb.jpg.71b2511e2d8cee56a1442759b5786888.jpg

20240516_115512.thumb.jpg.529bd2aa3e0e2afb2bbc7c85e746a81e.jpg

Tex-Mex-Ziti_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1088422.jpg.c5be569b766897ae5b856c68e2d4f41a (1).jpg

On 1/18/2019 at 7:36 PM, Canton Mike said:

This is as good as soup gets!! (my "tweeks" are in bold). I got this recipe from the Ohio Game Fishing website:   [  Please expand  below.  ]

Here is one of my favorite cold weather recipes. It feeds 6 people.

1.5 pds. mild or hot italian sausage (I always use 1/2 mild & 1/2 hot & I prefer Giant Eagle's)
3-4 cups beef broth (I use beef STOCK & always add up to 32 oz more if soup gets too thick)
1 (28oz) can crushed or pureed tomatoes
1 onion chopped
1 large carrot chopped
1 square package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste (I ONLY use fresh cracked pepper)
1 package frozen CHEESE tortellini

Remove sausage from casing and brown, break it up. Drain sausage and transfer to pot. add remaining ingredients to pot, EXCEPT TORTELLINI!!!! slow boil or simmer for at least 45min-1hr, until vegetables are tender. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get. (I cook this in a crockpot on low, that's why the extra beef stock).
5-10 min before serving, place tortellini in pot.
Tips##
Make sure you buy CHEESE tortellini

Beware, addiction is possible.

Mike

I do review the recipes ocassionally going back in time  ....  and this one caught my eye  (again) from  Canton Mike  in 2019.     Enjoy again !     -AND-     Bon appetit !

I have c & p this recipe from  Canton Mike. to make it easier to view.

I also like the    ...  Beware :  Addiction is possible  ...  comment ,  from. Canton Mike.   ~  Enjoy !

▪︎----------▪︎

Here is one of my favorite cold weather recipes. It feeds 6 people.

1.5 pds. mild or hot italian sausage (I always use 1/2 mild & 1/2 hot & I prefer Giant Eagle's)
3-4 cups beef broth (I use beef STOCK & always add up to 32 oz more if soup gets too thick)
1 (28oz) can crushed or pureed tomatoes
1 onion chopped
1 large carrot chopped
1 square package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste (I ONLY use fresh cracked pepper)
1 package frozen CHEESE tortellini

Remove sausage from casing and brown, break it up. Drain sausage and transfer to pot. add remaining ingredients to pot, EXCEPT TORTELLINI!!!! slow boil or simmer for at least 45min-1hr, until vegetables are tender. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get. (I cook this in a crockpot on low, that's why the extra beef stock).
5-10 min before serving, place tortellini in pot.
Tips##
Make sure you buy CHEESE tortellini

Beware, addiction is possible.

Mike

On 10/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, mjp28 said:

BUFFALO POTATO WEDGES  another easy and delicious recipe .  Great for GAMEDAY or any get-together.  [ From 10/8/2020 ]   INDY vs BROWNS.  ( Please expand for recipe. )

https://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Buffalo-Potato-Wedges

SERVES   6    COOK TIME    50 Min.   Perfect for the Indianapolis Colts at the CLEVELAND BROWNS  on Sunday. [ From 10/8/2020 ]

Our Buffalo Potato Wedges are made for chowing down while watching the big game, or any game, over the weekend. The zesty flavors of this easy-to-make recipe pack the perfect punch for any sporty get-together, or for a family night in. One thing's for sure, most anything is better covered in Buffalo sauce. These fries are no exception! 

What You'll Need

• 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 6 large Idaho baking potatoes, washed and cut into lengthwise wedges
  • 1/2 cup wing sauce
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine oil, salt, and potatoes; toss until evenly coated. Arrange on two rimmed baking sheets.
  3. Bake 30 minutes. Turn potatoes and continue cooking another 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
  4. Place potatoes in a large bowl, add wing sauce, and toss until evenly coated. Place potatoes on large platter and top with blue cheese dressing and celery. Serve immediately.

Check This Out!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

Buffalo-Potato-Wedges_Large400_ID-3507383.jpgBuffalo-Potato-Wedges_Large400_ID-350738

Edited by mjp28
FROM 10/8/2020 - INDY vs BROWNS !

The full recipe from  2020  to make it easier to read and use.     ●  Bon appetit !

BUFFALO POTATO WEDGES  another easy and delicious recipe .  Great for GAMEDAY or any get-together.  [ From 10/8/2020 ]   INDY vs BROWNS.  ( Please expand for recipe. )

https://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Buffalo-Potato-Wedges

SERVES   6    COOK TIME    50 Min.   Perfect for the Indianapolis Colts at the CLEVELAND BROWNS  on Sunday. [ From 10/8/2020 ]

Our Buffalo Potato Wedges are made for chowing down while watching the big game, or any game, over the weekend. The zesty flavors of this easy-to-make recipe pack the perfect punch for any sporty get-together, or for a family night in. One thing's for sure, most anything is better covered in Buffalo sauce. These fries are no exception! 

What You'll Need

• 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 6 large Idaho baking potatoes, washed and cut into lengthwise wedges
  • 1/2 cup wing sauce
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine oil, salt, and potatoes; toss until evenly coated. Arrange on two rimmed baking sheets.
  3. Bake 30 minutes. Turn potatoes and continue cooking another 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
  4. Place potatoes in a large bowl, add wing sauce, and toss until evenly coated. Place potatoes on large platter and top with blue cheese dressing and celery. Serve immediately.

Check This Out!

Buffalo-Potato-Wedges_Large400_ID-3507383.jpg.73543dba057f19baa61710430442975b.jpg

Edited by mjp28
FROM 10/8/2020 - INDY vs BROWNS !

On 1/20/2021 at 11:20 AM, mjp28 said:

What's better before a GAMEDAY or any Sunday or just any cold winter day than a good bowl 🥣 of homemade chicken soup !  I have picked a CHICKEN & WILD RICE SOUP.    [ Please expand to see the recipe if necessary. ]

This one is from Mr Food.  Why Mr Food, well I like his easy well tested often economical and always delicious recipes that don't need much tweaking. So here it is. (and see below for the chicken noodle soup)    

https://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup-202922W

SERVES 8 and 1 hr 45 MINUTES for that homemade smell and taste.

There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor. 

What You'll Need

• 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
  • 4 quarts water
  • 2 tablespoons chicken base
  • 3 carrots, cut into chunks
  • 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
  • 2 onions, cut into chunks
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package cooked wild rice

What to Do

1. Rinse chicken under cold running water. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except wild rice; bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken falls off bones. Cool slightly, then separate chicken from bones, discarding bones. Add chicken pieces and rice to soup, heat for 5 minutes and serve.

[ ★ NOTE:  PICTURE OF CHICKEN and WILD RICE  soup is below. ★

"CNS" is next (later).

Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1824089.jpg

Another of my   (and our)   favorite soups   the. CHICKEN  and  WILD RICE SOUP,  (here)   mmm-mmm good.   Only second to the absolute favorite.  (CNS)  CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP,  umm-mmm  so good !    [ see mentioned on here ) .

37 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Another of my   (and our)   favorite soups   the. CHICKEN  and  WILD RICE SOUP,  (here)   mmm-mmm good.   Only second to the absolute favorite.  (CNS)  CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP,  umm-mmm  so good !    [ see mentioned on here ) .

●  To make it easier to use here is the   CHICKEN  and  WILD RICE Soup  recipe.   [ From 1/20/2021. ]

What's better before a GAMEDAY or any Sunday or just any cold winter day than a good bowl 🥣 of homemade chicken soup !  I have picked a CHICKEN & WILD RICE SOUP.    [ Please expand to see the recipe if necessary. ]

This one is from Mr Food.  Why Mr Food, well I like his easy well tested often economical and always delicious recipes that don't need much tweaking. So here it is. (and see below for the chicken noodle soup)    

https://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup-202922W

SERVES 8 and 1 hr 45 MINUTES for that homemade smell and taste.

There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor. 

What You'll Need

• 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
  • 4 quarts water
  • 2 tablespoons chicken base
  • 3 carrots, cut into chunks
  • 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
  • 2 onions, cut into chunks
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package cooked wild rice

What to Do

1. Rinse chicken under cold running water. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except wild rice; bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken falls off bones. Cool slightly, then separate chicken from bones, discarding bones. Add chicken pieces and rice to soup, heat for 5 minutes and serve.

NOTE:  PICTURE OF CHICKEN and WILD RICE  soup is below. ★ 

"CNS" is next (later).

Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1824089.jpg

Edited by mjp28
FROM 1/20/2021
  • Like 1

~  NOTE  ~   I pulled up   FOUR   recipes  from  previous years.   They are all well  tested  and  DELICIOUS.   :)  

They are great for  any    ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎    or just a family  get-together.     So,  Bon appetit !

* NOTE :  Updated from THREE  to  FOUR recipes that I pulled up today.  And good night.