THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

7 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Alright gang, l bought some scallops. The big expensive kind. I love them but every time l make them l haven’t been super happy with the results. I’ve tried several recipes. Blackened scallops, bacon wrapped scallops, scalloped potatoes, which really has nothing to do with scallops so it’s no wonder l wasn’t happy with that recipe.

My question to you fellow Browns fan cooking enthusiasts is what’s your go-to recipe for killer scallops?

Thank you in advance!

Red Lobster. But then I really don't like scallops so I get the neverending shrimp.😋

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Alright gang, l bought some scallops. The big expensive kind. I love them but every time l make them l haven’t been super happy with the results. I’ve tried several recipes. Blackened scallops, bacon wrapped scallops, scalloped potatoes, which really has nothing to do with scallops so it’s no wonder l wasn’t happy with that recipe.

My question to you fellow Browns fan cooking enthusiasts is what’s your go-to recipe for killer scallops?

Thank you in advance!

• Thanks 1

~          Ok  Cleveland  BROWNS  fans everywhere  here's something  just in time for the   ★  PITTSBURGH  -at-  CLEVELAND  ★  Game this Sunday.   How about :    ■  From the :  35 Unbelievably Good Dip Recipes  ■   OH YEAH !    From. January 31, 2020.

★  The  Spinach Arrtichoke Dip. ★

Find the perfect homemade dip recipes for your upcoming potlucks or parties

Makes  about 3 cups dip     COOK TIME    30 Min

If you like the Spinach Artichoke Dip   popular at all the chain restaurants, you're gonna love our homemade version. It's easy, and there's no substitute for a fresh, hot-from-the-oven spinach dip. See for yourself!

What You'll Need

• 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened (see Notes)
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped  
  •  
  • What to do
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

2. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ground red pepper, and garlic powder; beat until well blended. Stir in artichokes and spoon into prepared casserole dish.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through and the edges are golden. Serve immediately.

Notes

• We like to serve this Spinach Artichoke Dip with tortilla chips, crackers, or thin slices of French bread for dipping. 
  • Looking to lighten this dip up? No problem! Just use reduced-fat cream cheese and only 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Be sure to serve it with baked tortilla chips, too!

If you love everything spinach, then you'll love our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More!

Spinach-Artichoke-Dip_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1205430.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

~          What's for   ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎  dinner today ?    How about  MOZZERALLA MEATBALLS and  ZITI,  oh yeah !

◆  An old time favorite and quick and delicious too.  Great for a  ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎  Sunday or just any family dinner too.   In just 5 steps and cook time 25 minutes.

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

◆  SERVES 6  ◆   COOK TIME 25 MINUTES

One way to get the gang before the  BROWNS  game  -or- the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!

So quick, easy and  mmm-mmm  delicious oh yeah.    🙂     mjp.

◆   What You'll Need .... *Don't forget a good loaf of ITALIAN Bread !

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 an 8-ounce block mozzarella cheese, cut into 18 (1/2-inch) cubes
  • 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 pound ziti, cooked according to package directions and kept warm

◆   What to Do .... so simple.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, water, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Divide mixture into 18 meatballs, then form each meatball around a mozzarella cube, making sure to cover cheese completely. Place on baking sheet.
  3. Bake 15 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-low heat, combine sauce and carrots; cook 10 minutes, or until sauce is hot.
  5. Add meatballs to sauce, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in center. Serve over ziti.  

Mozzarella-Meatballs-and-Ziti-0829_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-979216 (1).jpg

Edited by mjp28
Mozzeralla Meatballs and Ziti with ITALIAN Bread !

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I just put a buffalo chicken pizza in the oven. 

I had roast beef & swiss sandwiches before the game ...... the ZITI are next week now.

The baby backs just started their third hour on coals. Seasoned with salt, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika. I don't wrap and just put some honey on. They'll probably go another hour or so.

The beef was dry brined with salt, then seasoned with coarse salt, coarse pepper and coarse garlic. I just pulled it sliced an onion, cut butter into TB pads, placed the butter and the onion on the beef three layers of wrap and a foil pan. The beef probably has 2-3 more hours.

Here we go Brownies, here we go! (Hoo, hoo!)

20231210_143915.jpg

20231210_133259.jpg

20231210_144013.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

~          Oh yes,  it's casserole,  chili  and soup  * season it's   really   here.   * And I will be coming up with some  * cold weather recipes for these  * football  and  family  * get-togethers  in  the coming months starting with this one  for the   Christmas  🎄   ▪︎ and ▪︎  * New Year's  Season. *

* First an old favorite of ours,  ▪︎  SPLIT PEA SOUP ▪︎  oh yes,  and so easy only two steps (See below.)    AND  we have several super easy variations *to follow soon .

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

◆  SERVES 6    ◆   COOK TIME  1 HOUR

This classic ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎    SPLIT  PEA SOUP    is chock full of good  for you  fresh ingredients and wholesome good taste! We like to serve it up with crusty bread to soak up every last drop!

◆    What You'll Need

• 10 cups water
  • 1 pound fully cooked boneless ham, chopped <-● (optinial)  SEE notes below.   
  • 2 (12-ounce) packages dry green split peas
  • 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 3 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

◆    What to Do,  only two steps !

1. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.  YOU can use the fork test on this.

◆    NOTES  

• YOU  can use leftover ham in this, or buy it right from the deli case. Don't forget to refrigerate any leftovers! And if the soup is too thick after it has been chilled, just stir in some water when rewarming it to achieve the desired consistency.
  • And the second :
  • Top off your homemade soup with some homemade croutons -- they'll think you're a kitchen wizard!

◆   Up Next: 

◆  EOM, Split Pea Soup - it's really  good for you.  😉

Split-Pea-Soup_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-4041619.jpg

Edited by mjp28
Mmm-mmm good !

20 hours ago, mjp28 said:

* First an old favorite of ours,  ▪︎  SPLIT PEA SOUP ▪︎  oh yes,  and so easy only two steps (See below.

Dear MJP, what blasphemous mockery is this?

Split pea soup is part of Dutch heritage, and made with 'rookworst' (smoked sausage)! Having it without is like having a grilled cheese sandwich without cheese. You might as well have left out the peas! 

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Split pea soup is part of Dutch heritage, and made with 'rookworst' (smoked sausage)! Having it without is like having a grilled cheese sandwich without cheese. You might as well have left out the peas! 

Better yet just leave out the peas and give me a smoked sausage sandwich. I'll decide which BBQ sauce to use.😋

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Well HI to our  Korsou Dawg  and others,  I recently came across several  split pea soup and different variations  so I wanted to get out some of my normal  simple, easy to do and understand to our friends and followers here  PLUS  they  must  be delicious for the average  of my 35 to 40 usual email viewers and my  TBB  group here. ...... not always easy to do. 

Sometimes it is very easy depending on the recipe, afterall how complicated can  SPLIT PEA SOUP be ?    We are in the casserole, chili and soup season right now ..... one of my favorites of the year ..... and it makes the house smell so good.

I  will  follow this rather simple  SPLIT PEA SOUP  recipe with a few additional variations that first I  (and my scratch cook wife)  like  and follow my normal  easy to do and of course always   delicious .

SO   " hang in there "  I've got more to do on this  simple but delicous soup and related recipes.

~AND ~   Bon Appétit ,  good appetite   (also bon appetit ) a phrase, originally from French, meaning  "good appetite". said to someone who is about to eat, meaning "I hope you enjoy your food".     mjp.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 5:23 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Slit pea soup cannot be dressed up to be a non-gag soup.🤮

Hey Tex, what's new with you down in Aggie-land ?  On this base soup and the next TWO variiations were very well recieved by my email group.  ( friends, neighbors, some relatives )  Some good comments, and I've been doing this for almost  20  years now starting with about 7 to 8 people.

I've recently cut back on my list from 40 to 50 to the size now a more recipe interested group.  So far more replies.  :).   Give this topic some more time .... and replies.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hey Tex, what's new with you down in Aggie-land ?  On this base soup and the next TWO variiations were very well recieved by my email group.  ( friends, neighbors, some relatives )  Some good comments, and I've been doing this for almost  20  years now starting with about 7 to 8 people.

I've recently cut back on my list from 40 to 50 to the size now a more recipe interested group.  So far more replies.  :).   Give this topic some more time .... and replies.

How would you like a good Cajun recipe with lots of okra? LOL!

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=okra recipes&utm_source=google_search&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_term=okra recipes&utm_pai=6663031650_76450061182_387000191910&creative_id=387000191910_kwd-629323491&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl-eD17mmgwMVN3J_AB3_lAurEAAYASAAEgIczvD_BwE&gad_source=5

45 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

CLE  -at-  HOU,   snack. Grilled keilbassi on a bun .....  coming up soon .....  ummmm.

Had Boar's Head Uncured Kielbasa, Pepper Jack Cheese, Pickled Beets and Pickles on meat tray. 

Shrimp with St. Elmos Cocktail Sauce.

Post Script: My family, with our NW PA roots, are the only people in German-dominant Indiana that pronounce kielbasa properly - kielbassie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AP1 said:

Had Boar's Head Uncured Kielbasa, Pepper Jack Cheese, Pickled Beets and Pickles on meat tray. 

Shrimp with St. Elmos Cocktail Sauce.

Post Script: My family, with our NW PA roots, are the only people in German-dominant Indiana that pronounce kielbasa properly - kielbassie.

Where in NW PA?

I have friends in Erie and the Oil City area. 

12 minutes ago, syd said:

My wife nailed it right away ..... said it looks good !   I agree.   :)

On 11/18/2023 at 8:55 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Made it last night! Got a little heavy handed with the parsley at the end. It was really good, definitely the best batch of scallops l’ve ever made. I probably could’ve seared it a little better to get that good crust on the ends, so that’ll be the goal with the next batch.

Made some baked mac & cheese with it too. Farmer’s cheese and white cheddar is a killer cheese combo in that. Certainly not a health food dinner, haha. 

IMG_9908.jpeg

One of my favorite Italian Pasta dishes,  either restaurant ($$$$)  or bake at home  ($$) done right,  FIVE CHEESE ZITI.    Delicious either way.

●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~●

I  just finished my   ▪︎  FIVE CHEESE ZITI al  FORNO ▪︎  earlier tonight, really delicious.  Also good for  ▪︎      GAMEDAY ▪︎  or family get-togethers.  ~AND~  check out (_x_) our other tips and ideas below.

▪︎ Tip 1 :  ▪︎ When my wife went with a girlfriend to the Olive Garden for lunch, she got an entree for about $17 and a "take home" dish plus bread sticks for only $6, good deal !   They only offer 3 choices, this is my favorite, just finished my  "second bowl"  tonight  mmm-mmm.

▪︎ Tip 2 :  ▪︎ This Olive Garden recipe is vegetarian but you can absolutely add meat or seafood to the dish. Adding shrimp is a fantastic option, sliced and seared chicken would be great too.

▪︎ Tip 3 : ▪︎  Try it !  Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti al Forno copycat recipe made with marinara, alfredo, mozzarella, fontina, romano and parmesan cheese baked together with a crispy panko topping.

This baked ziti recipe is a huge hit with crowds and potlucks.   This Ziti al Forno is like the best baked ziti recipe you’ve ever had kicked up about ten more notches. A mixture of marinara and alfredo sauce along with five (yes, I mean five) additional cheeses maked this dish an over the top extravagant recipe you won’t have to wait for a trip to Olive Garden to enjoy.

This baked ziti is different than the traditional baked ziti which is made with marinara sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. With a mix of two sauces and five cheeses you’d think that all the flavors would be muddled, but they work so well together that you’ll find yourself routinely mixing marinara sauce and alfredo sauce even when making a simple spaghetti dinner.

Can you make this ziti al forno lasagna?

YES and I love the way you think. We had a girls night in recently and experimented with this recipe as lasagna. Let me tell you, it was probably the best lasagna I’ve EVER eaten. We did add ground beef to the recipe because it needed more substance than just cheese. We also definitely added the crispy topping.

This baked ziti is different than the traditional baked ziti which is made with marinara sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. With a mix of two sauces and five cheeses you’d think that all the flavors would be muddled, but they work so well together that you’ll find yourself routinely mixing marinara sauce and alfredo sauce even when making a simple spaghetti dinner.

Can you make this ziti al forno lasagna?

YES and I love the way you think. We had a girls night in recently and experimented with this recipe as lasagna. Let me tell you, it was probably the best lasagna I’ve EVER eaten. We did add ground beef to the recipe because it needed more substance than just cheese. We also definitely added the crispy topping.

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=3

◆   SERVINGS 8    PREP TIME 15  MINUTES    COOK TIME  30  MINUTES   ◆

Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti al Forno

Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti al Forno copycat recipe made with marinara, alfredo, ⅕ mozzarella, fontina, romano and parmesan cheese baked together with a cripy panko topping.
Yield8 Servings  ( ◆ as shown above )
Prep Time15 minutes minutes
Cook Time30 minutes minutes  =  Total Time   45 minutes

Ingredients

PASTA

• 1 pound ziti pasta
  • 4 cups marinara sauce
  • 2 cups alfredo sauce
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup Fontina cheese shredded

TOPPING

• 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup romano cheese grated
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
  • 2 cloves garlic minced

Instructions

• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  • Cook the pasta one minute shy of the directions on the box and drain.
  • In a large metal bowl add the pasta, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese and fontina cheese and mix well.
  • Add to a large oven safe skillet or 9x13 pan.
  • Mix the mozzarella, panko, romano, parmesan and garlic together and add the topping over the pasta.
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes uncovered until golden brown and bubbly.

Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1431mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C8.8mg | Calcium: 325mg | Iron: 2.4mg

■  Keyword: Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti al Forno copycat

Olive-Garden-Five-Cheese-Ziti-al-Forno-2-1048x1572 (1).jpg

7 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Made it last night! Got a little heavy handed with the parsley at the end. It was really good, definitely the best batch of scallops l’ve ever made. I probably could’ve seared it a little better to get that good crust on the ends, so that’ll be the goal with the next batch.

Made some baked mac & cheese with it too. Farmer’s cheese and white cheddar is a killer cheese combo in that. Certainly not a health food dinner, haha. 

IMG_9908.jpeg

▪︎  You had me at the .....  lemon garlic buttered  .... looks good !   ♥︎