THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

~   OK sports fans what's one of the  MOST  popular side dishes out there .....  MAC & CHEESE !   WELL here's an easy and delicious one, done in  40  minutes.

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~●

Want something really easy and so delicious for your next  ▪︎. GAMEDAY ▪︎  or family get-togethers how about  the  BOSTON MARKET MAC & CHEESE.   Just follow the easy directions ( ◆ down below. )

▪︎  Boston Market Mac and Cheese, made with three cheeses is super creamy and easy to make and the perfect copycat!
Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food and nothing screams fall and holidays more than comfort food. We’re huge fans of Boston Market here for fast food, the chicken is delicious and we love both the mac and cheese and the creamed spinach.

▪︎. Mac and Cheese has so many versions it is hard to call anything the Ultimate Mac and Cheese, but this creamy mac and cheese is the perfect Boston Market Macaroni and Cheese copycat.

▪︎  Can I make this Boston Market Mac and Cheese on the stovetop?
Yes, lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until creamy and the liquid is reduced.

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

◆   SERVES  8    PREP TIME  15  MINUTES    COOK TIME  25  MINUTES  =  ◆  TOTAL TIME  40 MINUTES.  ◆

▪︎. Boston Market Mac and Cheese, (copycat) - made with THREE cheeses is super creamy and easy to make and the perfect copycat !
Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food and nothing screams fall and holidays more than comfort food. We’re huge fans of Boston Market here for fast food, the chicken is delicious and we love both the mac and cheese and the creamed spinach.

Mac and Cheese has so many versions it is hard to call anything the Ultimate Mac and Cheese, but this creamy mac and cheese is the perfect Boston Market Macaroni and Cheese copycat.

Can I make this Boston Market Mac and Cheese on the stovetop?
Yes, lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot.   ● Cook for 10-15 minutes or until creamy and the liquid is reduced.

Yield. 8 Servings   ( ◆ as shown above )
Prep Time - 15 minutes. Cook Time -25 minutes  Total Time. =  40 minutes
▪︎  Course - Side Dish. ▪︎ Cuisine - American.  ▪︎ Author - Sabrina Snyder.

◆  Ingredients
▢8 tablespoons butter unsalted (1 stick)
▢1/2 cup flour
▢1 teaspoon salt
▢1/4 teaspoon black pepper
▢1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
▢4 cups milk whole or 2%
▢8 ounces American cheese
▢1/2 cup blue cheese
▢1/2 cup cheddar cheese
▢8 ounces semolina rotini pasta cooked

◆  Instructions
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Melt the butter on medium heat, then add in the flour, salt, pepper, and mustard.
Whisk until smooth and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in the milk slowly in 1 cup increments until smooth.
Add in the cheese and whisk until fully melted.
Add in the pasta and stir.
Pour into baking dish and bake, covered for 20 minutes.

◆  Nutrition
Serving: 1g | Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 1080mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Calcium: 539mg | Iron: 1mg

●Keyword: Boston Market Mac and Cheese (copycat)

◆Tools Used in the making of this Boston Market Mac and Cheese 
Recipe:  Baking Pan: This is great as it looks good for serving too!
Skillet with Lid: I used my All-Clad pan for this recipe but I also own this exact pan which I use for clients and it is great quality at 1/4th the price. I cook for us with All-Clad pans I hope to pass down to my kids (I’m sappy, I know).
Copycat Recipes Book: This recipe was based on a recipe found in this book originally. I adjusted a couple of things but the main ingredients are absolutely found from here 
Rotini Pasta: Semolina is the first ingredient here, feel free to swap for your favorite pasta shape too.

◆  ENJOY !      --◇--     

Boston-Market-Mac-and-Cheese-2-1048x1572.jpg

On 12/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, mjp28 said:

I had roast beef & swiss sandwiches before the game ...... the ZITI are next week now.

●->  Hey guys,  we've got some pretty good  recipes  - and -  dishes come across the pages here lately !

My  Ziti  was good,  MAC & CHEESE  is coming up,  keep 'em coming.   Thanks,  mjp.

~          Another quick and easy soup recipe on a  COLD  day here in  NE OHIO  or anywhere .....  how about a    ▪︎  SHORTCUT SPLIT PEA SOUP  ▪︎  for a busy cook ?   On a    ● GAMEDAY. ●   or anyday !

Another good split pea recipe  ▪︎and▪︎  a group of other recipes for you to have for your use.   For a quick dinner and some sit-down time.  😉   mjp.   

■   From my file on  Tuesday,  December 19, 2023   ■   

▪︎  SERVES 6  ▪︎    COOK TIME  55 MINUTES  ▪︎  ( Most of it simmer the soup time.)

Old-fashioned comfort doesn't always mean long hours spent in the kitchen. Thanks to some   ▪︎ FROZEN ▪︎   shortcuts, you can enjoy a bowl of Shortcut Split Pea Soup within the hour. Boy do we love it when modern conveniences make it super easy for us to enjoy old-fashioned tastes.

▪︎.  What You'll Need. .... maybe make more ?

• 1 (16-ounce) package dry split green peas   <--●  The time and worrk saver here.
  • 1 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1/2-inch chunks.  <--●  Another taste and time saver.
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 8 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
  • 1 (16-ounce) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

▪︎   What to Do

1. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine the split peas, ham, onion, garlic, chicken broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
  2. Stir in frozen peas and carrots and simmer 10 to 15 minutes more, or until peas are tender. Add parsley and serve.

▪︎   Notes  ●-->

●-->  If you'd like, to top each bowl of split pea soup w/oyster crackers. Mmm-mmm ... yes !

AND ON THE BOTTOM OF THE   ▪︎  SHORTCUT SPLIT PEA RECIPE  ▪︎  Also  see  Mr FOOD's  

Recipes you will find these fine   SPLIT PEA  Recipes.  ( MrFood.com )

Shortcut-Split-Pea-Soup_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-1373043.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

~      Well last week around  Mon-Tues  I  was just getting over with a cold and  asked my wife  for some of her  great  ~  homemade   "CNS" ,  ~ CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP  ~   the real stuff.    Well she took inventory ..... we had everything including a  nice frozen pack of  big chicken thighs.

Normally we would start with a good size  whole chicken   but  NO  chicken,  we've thought  about going with   all  dark meat   in the past why not go that route now.    We figured the   all dark meat    would give the   "CNS"  and  the broth   both   incredibly  new  and  wonderful  flavors ......  and we   both   were   QUITE RIGHT !

Oh My Goodness  ......  we were in for in for a delicious treat.  The most flavor-filled   ~ CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP ~  we could imagine.   Mmm-mmm good   ~ and like nothing out of a can  ANYWHERE  on this earth  and a little  secret  ( it was  so  easy.     Really !

NOTICE ]  Prepartion and cooking tips to follow later.

20240117_154206.jpeg

~      Here's one on the quick and easy plus also easy on the budget a real anyone can do it meal coming right up.   I've already sent it out to my .....  "FRIENDS & FAMILY EMAIL LIST .....  and here it is for my  TBB. group here the  ▪︎  MOM'S TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE  ▪︎  and still delicious with the potato chips on top.

I have another  TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE  but without the potatochips, BOTH  delicious and budget friendly to feed the family or the  sports hungry gang.   Either one you will like.   Here is the   above  recipe.   

Bon Appetit,  means :    good appetite : enjoy your meal.   :D

▪︎  SERVES 4     COOK TIME 40  MINUTES     (adjust quantites for larger groups) 

[ And just keep scrolling down.]

What could be better than a    ▪︎  MOM'S TUNA CASSEROLE  ▪︎   before or during halftime or even after the big game and it does not even have fo be a Sunday.  And a quick and easy way to feed the family  on the cheap side too.   And make sure to check  out our  NOTES  below for some more recipe i SERVES   4     ▪︎  COOK TIME  40  MINUTES There's something about a tuna casserole that always takes us back to our childhoodt was one of Mom's specialties, and boy did she make it look simple! Luckily, our easy tuna filled verWsWion of Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole is so creamy andious, you'll want to make it ain Plus, st like Mom used to do with her perfect tuna mixture - we sWWnucWkWhat You'll Need:MOM'S TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE
  • MOM'S TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE
  •  
  • WHAT YOU WILL NEED
  • 1 (12-ounce) package medium egg noodles
  • 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) can chunk tuna, drained and flaked
  • 2 cup frozen peas
  • 3 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips

What To Do:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
  2. Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
  3. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk; mix well. Add noodles, tuna, peas, butter, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish then top evenly with potato chips.
  4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.    ▪︎-->  Serve immediately !  

Notes:

No Ordinary Tuna Casserole Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole

No Ordinary Tuna Casserole

Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole

▪︎  Did You Know?:     ▪︎ In the 1950s, many Americans were looking for quick and easy ways to feed their family for cheap. The Tuna Noodle Casserole was created to be a simple dinner that's quick and budget-friendly. Since its beginnings, tuna noodle casserole has become a very popular dinner recipe across the United States.

The basic requirements for a tuna noodle casserole recipe include a can of tuna, a can of vegetables, a can of soup and a package of egg noodles. Other tuna noodle casserole recipes add-ins range from chopped mushrooms and onions to frozen peas or shredded cheddar cheese. Our recipe for Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole is an old-fashioned version just like the one we grew up with.

Pull this bubblin' hot casserole out of the oven and the gang will surely say, ..... OOOHH  it is so so good !     ▪︎  NOW ON TO OUR NEXT RECIPE !  ▪︎   mjp.

Tuna-Noodle-Casserole-SQUARE-2-500x500.jpg

1 hour ago, syd said:

I need a new super bowl menu

We still have time to whip something up.  ♠︎   I'm planning on a few  new  ideas ...... soon enough.

7 hours ago, syd said:

I need a new super bowl menu

Old El Paso Chips with Old El Paso Thick and Chunky Salsa (Hot or Mild) and/or Old El Paso Chunky Guacamole. Add in Lone Star Beer and you're in business (although personally I prefer Shiner Bock from Shiner, Texas or Modelo Negra Mexican Beer).😋

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Old El Paso Chips with Old El Paso Thick and Chunky Salsa (Hot or Mild) and/or Old El Paso Chunky Guacamole. Add in Lone Star Beer and you're in business (although personally I prefer Shiner Bock from Shiner, Texas or Modelo Negra Mexican Beer).😋

Not a Guac or cilantro fan but the rest sounds great!

I love the Modelo line of beers.. Its become my go to next to Rolling Rock and Stroh's

14 hours ago, nickers said:

Not a Guac or cilantro fan but the rest sounds great!

I love the Modelo line of beers.. Its become my go to next to Rolling Rock and Stroh's

If you like dark beer another good one comes out of New Belgium Brewery in Ft. Collins, Colorado. It's a "pitch black, malty sweet" dark beer called 1554. Of course my all time favorite and budget buster at $8 an 11 oz. bottle is the dark Trappist Ale from Belgium called Rochefort 10. First had it on tap in Bruges, Belgium and they served it in it's own special glass with a Rochefort 10 label on it. My other favorite that doesn't kill your budget is Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout out of England. That runs around $14 for a 4 pack.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If you like dark beer another good one comes out of New Belgium Brewery in Ft. Collins, Colorado. It's a "pitch black, malty sweet" dark beer called 1554. Of course my all time favorite and budget buster at $8 an 11 oz. bottle is the dark Trappist Ale from Belgium called Rochefort 10. First had it on tap in Bruges, Belgium and they served it in it's own special glass with a Rochefort 10 label on it. My other favorite that doesn't kill your budget is Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout out of England. That runs around $14 for a 4 pack.

Sounds good.. I'll have to seek'em out...

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Sounds good.. I'll have to seek'em out...

From the New Belgium website here is a little history.

ORIGIN

STORY

1554 defies the style guidelines of modern beer. Although dark in color, 1554 is not a porter, stout, schwarzbier or bock. Rather, it is a rebirth of a lost beer style called zwert (Flemish for black), which uses gruit for bittering. The oldest reference to zwert beer comes from 1285. However, our brewing inspiration came from a book published in 1554, which was the height of popularity for zwertbeer. First released in 1998, our whimsical improvisation includes a variety of specialty dark malts, a dash of licorice root, and a European lager yeast that’s fermented at ale temperatures.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunatley  the roof caved in and fell in the river then caught fire, O.K it didnt catch fire but it could have. they still make a great beer

any way were gonna do a dry rub ribs for tommorow plus tater skins and other stuff and lots o beer

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

unfortunatley  the roof caved in and fell in the river then caught fire, O.K it didnt catch fire but it could have. they still make a great beer

any way were gonna do a dry rub ribs for tommorow plus tater skins and other stuff and lots o beer

Our church is having a Souper Sunday right after the service with many bringing their best homemade soup for all to partake. No beer, just little bitty glass of communion wine during the service. I'm making my Portuguese Soup. We are done well before the Superbowl.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, syd said:

Any Super Bowl 58 special plans out there ?    We might have  Wedgewood Pizza  and/or :

■  My wife has cooked up a batch of her very own :  ■

● Sauerkraut  with our (fresh and dried ) garden herbs  ●    (cook's instructions +/- quantites )

▪︎-->    DIRECTIONS :

__  Starting  out with onions sauteed in butter  and olive oil   

__  And added in  salt, pepper,  Hungarian  paprika. 

__  Sprinkled in with  dried sage, thyme, dried parsley and  celery flakes 

__   Mix and saute a little with few tsps of butter.

__   Add  SAUERKRAUT that is rinsed  and  drained   WELL  !   

__   Mix all together.  Then add about a half to three-fourths a cup of water.

__   Mix togerter, simmer on low until done. [Using the "taste test"  untl you feel it is ready to eat ! ]

▪︎-->  KITCHEN TIPS ! 

▪︎   Add enough water  (if necessary)  not to dry out.

▪︎   Make enough to have with spare ribs,  keilbassi  -or-  Michael's favorite -  HOTDOGS  on a              ▪︎   bun  with sauerkraut,  yellow  mustard,  a few good shakes of  TABASCO  Sauce  (to taste).                                     ▪︎  Serve with Lay's Classic chips.       And  enjoy !       😂

...... EDIT ADD .....  CHECK REVISIONS !   2/10/24   at  9:58 pm ...... and good evening !

images (41).jpeg

Edited by mjp28

~         And any of your favorites will do,  serve ice cold .....  a frosted mug is always nice. 

Samuel Adams Boston Lager was an old favorite of mine.     CHEERS !       :P.  

16564648390445104089.jpeg

20221204_153126.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, syd said:

That or @nickers showed up to that place with a pair of steel toed shitkickers; and went roadhouse bouncer on the poor guy that told him they only had light beer left...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Flugel said:

That or @nickers showed up to that place with a pair of steel toed shitkickers; and went roadhouse bouncer on the poor guy that told him they only had light beer left...

The idea of nickers being a badass is hilarious. 

Now, whining from his mom's basement? That's probably a little more accurate. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~         And any of your favorites will do,  serve ice cold .....  a frosted mug is always nice. 

Samuel Adams Boston Lager was an old favorite of mine.     CHEERS !       :P.  

16564648390445104089.jpeg

20221204_153126.jpeg

That pizza looks delicious MJP!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 3:05 PM, Flugel said:

That pizza looks delicious MJP!     ;)

Oh yes .... the Fernando's ...  "Wedgewood Pizza"   ...  even the cardboard box looks and smells delicious ! !

★  On other shopping   ~NEWS~  the wife came home with yet another   DUTCH OVEN from  Kohls !   Another Farberware super light !  (the best naturally)  $54  but  ON SALE  +the extra  coupon w/40% off  =  $24  in our kitcken !    Good cookware

*And a ton of other stuff  on sale  +  w/the  extra 40% coupon from Kohl's  $46 pillow for $12.41  x 2.   All match our  "new"  leather like new recliner and sofa from my wife's  friend' Sofia's second hand furniture store,  plus vases from India, Thailand and China,  etc, etc.  .....  both of those girls are amazing shoppers  !

And I have to see the floor show ..  lol.  Hey, food, decorating and more food....  Oh well.  Gotta eat.    :)

★  NJ's Homemade Best Baked Macaroni & Cheese Recipe ★ 

■  it's not your mother's plain ol' mac & cheese recipe anymore.  Try something a little bit better than just ordinary for a change.  ■

▪︎  INGREDIENTS ▪︎ ■ */cook's  recipe !  [+/-] on quantites, etc ■

1  -  8 oz. package elbow macraoni

4  -   TBSP  butter

3/4  cup bread crumbs

1 -  onion  minced

1  -  TBSP  salt

1  -  dash  black pepper,   1  -  dash  nutmeg

1 1/2  cups  milk  [ * I use  1 cup half & half  and  1/2 cup milk ]

2  -  4 oz.  packages  shredded chedder cheese

2  -  [  2 cups  ]   * can use any cheese you like  ???

INSTRUCTIONS !

1.  Cook macroni as directed.   Preheat oven to  350° .   Grease  2 - qt.  casserole   

In small  saucepan  -  medium heat,  melt  2  TBSP  butter add bread crumbs ;  

toss to coat.   Set aside.

2.   In a medium saucepan  over medium heat,   melt the remaining  2   TBSP butter ;  add in the butter,  cook until tender

-->  5 minutes.  One Stir in flour,   salt & pepper until blended.   Slowly stir in milk,  cook until smooth and slightly

thickened  stirring constantly.  ▪︎-->   Remove from heat ;  add a dash of nutmeg.  ▪︎--> Stir in the 2  cups of cheese until melted.

3.  Put macaroni in casserole pan.  Add cheese sauce.  Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.

4.  Bake  15-20  minutes until bubbly  and  golden brown.  

istockphoto-827523728-612x612.jpg

Edited by mjp28
* / It's The cook's recipe ! [+/-] on quantites., )

Here's a true to form Homemade Sicilian Style thick crust Pizza I made the other day.. Yes there is no cheese on it which how Sicilians made it.. Seldom do you find cheese on real deal Sicilian pizza.. And I'm not a huge fan of cheese anyway on Pizza.. its hard to digest and gives me massive acid reflux...

Sicilian Style Pizza.jpg

• Thanks 2

OH GOD !     :o

The other day my wife made us an  Aspargas and Mushroom  Risoto  supper.

I was not thinking that I would like it. .....  turns out it was.  fantastic !   

♡  She bought some fresh asparagus and added it to a mushroom risoto from Giant Eagle  plus  our own fresh herbs and spices

I  am  eating better  ~and~  healthier than ever in my 73  years on  this  planet.

Oh it was  -so-  delicious.  

On 3/5/2024 at 7:29 PM, syd said:

EXCELLENT !   The brillant and often misunderstood  Jimi.

• Thanks 1

▪︎ This is a recipe that I personally really like the   ◆ MONGOLIAN BEEF  ◆   ( also close to another favorite of mine  ◆  HUNAN BEEF  ◆ oh yes.)  

It truly is quick, easy and delicious, try it !  

Wat omething quick, easy and delicious ?   Try one of my favorites,  yes   ▪︎ MNGOLIAN BEEF ▪︎  great for any quick  GAMEDAY  get-together  or familyeal.  And see our handy  ◆ Kitchen Notes  ◆  below for more information.

◆ SERVE  4   ◆  COOK TIME  10  MINUTES   ◆

Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This ◆ MONGOLIAN BEEF ◆  recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. 

◆ SERVES  4  ◆   COOK TIME  10 MINUTES  ◆

◆  What You'll Need

• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (see Note)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 pound boneless top sirloin, cut into thin slices
  • 4 scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
  • 4 cups cooked rice, warmed

◆  What to Do

1. In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and hoison sauce; set aside. 

2. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil until hot. Add beef and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.

3. Add broth mixture to skillet and heat until thickened. Add beef back to skillet along with scallions, and heat 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over rice. 

◆  Kitchen Notes

• Don't let the hoisin sauce in this simple stir-fry scare you. You can find it at your local supermarket in the Asian food section. It's a sweet and spicy sauce that adds big flavor to the dish and will keep in the fridge for the next time you need it.

• Who doesn't enjoy a bowl of Wonton Soup at the start of an Asian meal?! Give our easy version a try!

◆  READ NEXTRoasted Prime Rib of Beef

Mongolian-Beef_Large600_ID-1886022.jpg

And for a change of pace today I finished my  WEDGEWOOD PIZZA  from the Boardman store .... delicious !

. I got my  12"  House Special with extra cheese.  My wife got the 8"  Barbequed Chicken  also delicious !

You just can't go wrong.  Mmm mmm.

20240307_132718.jpeg

20240307_132453.jpeg

20240307_132836.jpeg

• Like 1